Libre laptops/desktops

While I was searching for information about "libre laptops" I clicked on a link and this text appeared in the webside header (styled as bootstrap danger):

"I (Leah Rowe) am recovering from Gender Reassignment Surgery. Before August 1st, I had penis. Now I have vagina. Recovery is 6-12 months but I walk again by December 2018. Surgery was August 1st. I'm in constant pain and I'm mostly bed-ridden. Minifree is still operating: I have outsourced operations to a third party who is handling shipments and physical stock (I can't do lifting). I still handle emails and banking. NOTE (as of 21 August 2018): If your laptop hasn't arrived or email not answered yet, it will as soon as possible. There are days when I can't do anything at all, but I'm starting to feel better now. Mentally in any case, which means I'll be able to answer emails now. I apologize for not answering emails for several weeks. This message is written on 21 August 2018 while I'm still in Thailand (place of surgery), 20 days post-op. I love my vagina but pain is pain and pain sucks. I return to UK on 28 August."

What happened to all the nerds that looked like man and wanted to be man?

Is there any good place to buy libre laptops/desktops where the vendor does not broadcast his poor life choices?

Attached: T400_4545.jpg (700x525, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Microway-KFSN4-DRE-Server-1U-2x-2-40GHz-2378-AMD-Opteron-Quad-Core-16gb/132719407416?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20180213162448&meid=5b6bef6f59f042b3b97dd02dfcd840c6&pid=100930&rk=1&rkt=8&mehot=lo&sd=132728566209&itm=132719407416&_trksid=p2056116.c100930.m5375
minifree.org/product/libreboot-x200/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

an*mu happened

Attached: 4NcHwAV.png (614x614, 31K)

Do it yourself.

You can buy it on Vikings, they also have worldwide shipment.
I bought a laptop from Minifree to support libreboot well over a month ago and Im still waiting.

> You can buy it on Vikings
I checked their site, they look legit.
Thank you for the advice.

> Minifree
That is where I got that long quote from.
The kid running the business is away because he has to butcher his body.

> Im still waiting
Ask for a refund

Attached: 1525982980127.jpg (285x298, 10K)

>Gender Reassignment Surgery (note caps)
>I have vagina
>i'm in so much pain
>I have a vagina btw
>oh god it hurts :(
shut the fuck up just say "surgery and in recovery"
fuck no one cares about your literal gaping wound except yourself

m.ebay.com/itm/Microway-KFSN4-DRE-Server-1U-2x-2-40GHz-2378-AMD-Opteron-Quad-Core-16gb/132719407416?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20180213162448&meid=5b6bef6f59f042b3b97dd02dfcd840c6&pid=100930&rk=1&rkt=8&mehot=lo&sd=132728566209&itm=132719407416&_trksid=p2056116.c100930.m5375

Here is a server you can libreboot for dirt cheap, I got mine from them recently and it went smoothly, but I don't have any output from the vga port. Which really doesn't matter because I ssh into it anyway.

>

user (s)he paid for most of the surgery from donations.

even more disappointing

Xer went into debt to support libreboot.

>"[...] years ago, I paid 90,000 USD to Raptor Engineering to port the ASUS KGPE-D16 and KCMA-D8 to Libreboot as well as 4000 AUD to Damien Zammit for the Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L and Intel D510MO ports. [...] I love Libreboot and I love working on it. For instance, I ported the ThinkPad X200 (later T400, T500 etc) to Libreboot myself, working alongside Steve Shenton to free it from the Intel ME firmware. Unfortunately, this has left me severely out of pocket and, even now, I can’t afford to pay for the things I need for myself such as this."

> Here is a server you can libreboot for dirt cheap
That looks good, I will try to find something similar in Europe.
I kinda envy the low prices you have for products like this in US.

> went into debt to support libreboot
That was pretty noble of him, thank you for pointing that out, I previously ignored this information.

> "I can’t afford to pay for the things I need for myself"
That is sad situation. In my opinion (starting or continuing) therapy should have been the donation priority.

I remain of the idea that he should not push personal things into the business homepage, this will not help him sell more and get the money invested back.

A simple message would have been more appropriate.
But then again maybe I ignore the nature of his business strategy. Maybe he runs it as "family business" model: being more inclusive with the customer by sharing personal stuff.

>Xer went into debt to support libreboot.
Surprise: person with mental illness makes bad decisions.

These faggits should be locked up, under conservatorship, in their parents basement.

I think this company ships world wide, but I would imagine the shipping cost would be ridiculous to get it to you. I was really shocked when I found it that cheap because the motherboard alone goes for ~$100 without the CPUs.

Fuck off moral nigger, I bet you haven't supported a decent cause in your life.

I mean, he's a tranny and all, but we have to respect what he did for the struggle toward freedom in our devices. Kinda like Deirdre Mc Closkey

>I bet you haven't supported a decent cause in your life.
You know what else I haven't done?

Borrowed a bunch of money I couldn't pay back as a form of virtue signaling
Cut off my dick

>he's a tranny and all, but we have to respect what he did for the struggle toward freedom in our devices
No. Respecting mental illness is just dumb. All they did was steal a bunch of money under false pretenses. This isn't faggit Robin Hood of open source.

I seen this too and was NOPE out. I been thinking up some business ideals the past few months and been thinking about running a tech store off the side sell anything and everything computer/video game related and under cut hipster prices. Along doing services such as mods and other shit.

You can't possibly say (type) with a straight face that trannyboot borrowed money to support their life's work as a form of 'virtue signalling', can you?
Your dick is, as always, inconsequential here.

>borrowed money to support their life's work as a form of 'virtue signalling'
Yeah I can because what else did it accomplish?
They couldn't program 'lifes work' itself so they hired it out at considerable expense.

>Your dick is, as always, inconsequential here.
exactly. just like it's dick is inconsequential.
Nobody is going to fuck it regardless of if it has a dick or a hot pocket. You've seen the pictures, haven't you?

> it has a dick or a hot pocket

Attached: 1533760309239.jpg (545x625, 31K)

>a giant flesh wound you keep from healing is painful
Who would've thought.

Anyway, why are so many trannies in technology, especially free software?

Attached: 1534941649028.jpg (700x466, 37K)

>everything I don't like or understand is virtue signalling

there isn't that many but the ones that are out there are more vocal about their issues and in a field like free software where people tend to value privacy more you get less people willing to put their private lives on the internet which makes the trannies stick out like a sore thumb

>why are so many trannies in technology, especially free software?
Because it's a club that they can join where nobody will kick them out (unless they sperg really hard) They have been kicked out and excluded from almost every other form of cooperative involvement; sports, clubs, etc. and usually are horribly shy and awkward in person. Plus, they are usually handicapped in some way (beyond their mental illness) so they can't drive, which isn't a problem on the internet. And these are the type of people who nobody wants to hire for a job regardless of how much talent they might have. So, joining an open source project makes sense. They can either use it for attention, or to LARP as a regular person, or maybe to learn enough social skills and contribute enough that one day they get hired at a real job.

>everything I don't like or understand is virtue signalling
no, faggit, Recognizing faggits as faggits isn't misunderstanding. It's perfect understanding. You are just being a faggit because my assessment is so correct that faggits like you can't recover from it..
Worry less about other peoples faggitry, and more about their actual contributions.

>my assessment is so correct
your assessment is that funding development of libre roms for hardware is virtue signalling which is fucking retarded, learn some new vocabulary

Do it yourself

Attached: Aesthetic_Librebooted_W500.jpg (2136x1424, 1.84M)

It's a bit inconvenient, but considering the other factors is the only solution.

Attached: 681.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>funding development of libre roms
nothing wrong with that
But when you go deep into personal debt to fund it (while making itself a cult of personality), then go back and try to leverage it's mental illness to crowdfund dick removal surgery is not behavior worth lauding.

Imagine if this fraud resulted in all that development money having to be returned (stolen property). what sort of damage that would do to open source projects? It'd be a major shit show.

Grow up kiddo.

> what sort of damage that would do to open source projects?
If what you say is true, then he is doing a favor to the whole community because they won't want to look like thieves just to be politically correct.

I think people would distance themselves from such people to keep their funding flowing in.

>hurr going into debt is fraud
literally every business you have ever purchased products from is based on debt
>durr i don't approve of the author's personal life
yes we know, everyone but you is an asshole and makes bad life choices, now go back to Jow Forums

>going into debt is fraud
of course not. but debt that you know you cannot repay is.
again you don't understand shit. this is about mental illness, not whether I approve of a lifestyle based on mental illness. this person should never have been allowed to manage themselves as soon as they started presenting symptoms. And no, dick removal surgery isn't treatment for their problem. You will notice that their problems will continue despite the dick removal surgery, which further proves my point.

the sad thing for us [leechers] is that xe might eventually kxs and no more libreboot :'( not that i care since i couldn't use it anyway :D

>Thailand
>surgery
the fuckin madman
or woman

>I love my vagina

Attached: 1516397470859s.jpg (125x124, 3K)

>debt that you know you cannot repay
you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how banking works, in any case the person clearly is working to pay off the debt, also asking for charitable support is a perfectly valid way to get debt assistance
>i know exactly how this other person's life will turn out because i am a genius and i know everything
we don't care, everyone has problems they gotta deal with, consequently none of this has anything to do with whether or not you get a working computer with a libre bios, please keep the Jow Forums shit in Jow Forums

what's your power bill like

that's why i never donate

>please keep the Jow Forums shit in Jow Forums
exactly
but tranny mctrannyface made is about their mental illness, not just about the technology.
Had tranny mctrannyface kept their sperging separate from the project, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
This thread is where Jow Forums and rational people (not Jow Forums) collide

>I can’t afford to pay for the things I need for myself such as this.
>that's bad

did you forget where you/we are?

who cares tho, all of them are outdated garbage

obviously it was, for him/her

what pictures?

>especially free software
have you seen jewgle?

you don't need to bully trans people, they have enough problems as it is
>if they had kept it separate from the project
the disclaimer is clearly there to explain why people aren't getting orders fulfilled quickly

>did you forget where you/we are?
planet earth?
I won't ever accept mental illness portending to be a lifestyle as normal; in Jow Forums or anywhere else.

>what pictures?

>you don't need to bully trans people, they have enough problems as it is
Their problem is thinking that they should be something other than what they are. Being kind enough to tell them the truth - that they are fucking crazy - isn't bullying.

Attached: leah0.jpg (300x300, 33K)

>insulting a mentally ill personal because of their mental illness is "being kind"

>planet earth?
no you nigger Jow Forums ie your mother's basement

>Being kind enough to tell them the truth - that they are fucking crazy - isn't bullying.
you can do that but you might not want unless you're a dick and you want to push them over their edge in which case who knows, they might come after you with a shovel

>insulting a mentally ill personal because of their mental illness is "being kind"
if they refuse to accept that they are mentally ill, how can it be insulting? they'll just turn 360 degrees and walk away, cocksure in their lifestyle

You can apologize once they accept the fact that they are mentally ill and acknowledge that they shouldn't have lopped their dick off

>unless you're a dick and you want to push them over their edge
They are already on the edge. They don't need my help to go over it. Most do, of their own volition.

B̛̘͔̻̯͉͕̳̦̯͕́͟ȩ̷̦͉͇̥͈̗̻͍͇͍͎̠̱̦̹͉̕ͅf̵̤̥̰̣̘̫̰͖͡͠͡ó̵̴͚͓͔͇̜̙͓̬̟̘̰̝̪̯̪̫ŕ̶̢̨̤̮̬̫̱͡ȩ͈̱͙͇̝̼͇̦̝̤̠̕ ̡̬̻̝͙̳̙̞̥͚̳͍̼͕̜̭̯͝ͅͅA̷̸̢̧̪̪̙͙̹̰ú͔̳̮̗͠g̸̵̷̫͙̞̣̻̱̫̩͈̠͘ͅụ̱̺̹̬̠͚͎̀s̛͔̖̳̫͔̭͔̭͕̝̼̘̠͚͜ͅţ̬̹̘̥͓̼͔̬͍̤̻̹͚̟̺̖̕͢ ̵̴̘͚͕̱̤̺͟͝1̪̬̫̰̺͓́̕̕͟s̝̤͉̝̝͉̦̖̯̕̕t̷͉̳͙͎͈̱̘̗͜,̶̧̞͕̗̟̺͈̞̳͉͞͡ ̞̖̳̙͓͟I̫̩͙͇̖̹̳͎̮͔̻̟͚̥͉̖̝̹͈͞ ̨̛̘͙̦̰̹͉̩̀͞h̠̦̣͉̣̙͓͜͜a̦̻̻̘̘̥d̶̜̼͚͚̖̠̣͍͍̘͙̤̝͇̕ ̷̷̢̜̝͚͍̯͉̯̳͚̼͇̱̳̖̰͜͟p̷̶̰̝̟̤͓͓̜̥̠̩̣͕̰̙̣̩͝ȩ͚̟̥̬̝͓̤̘̥͈̯͎͕̫̤͜͡͠͞n̷̵̷̺̪͎͎̖̞͖͈̩̦͕͔͈̟̕͢i̢̡̟͇͈͖̬̳͔̫̜̕s̖͇̗̩͕͚͈̠͍̤̹͉̠̀̀͘͝.̸̶̢͈̱̻͈̘̮̤̺̠̀́ ̨̢̳͙͚̖̗̯ͅŅ͇̭̝̣͘͟ͅo̗͉͔͚͚͈̦̟̹̯̕͞͡͠w̸͉͈͈̙̫͠ ̸̖̖̼̯̹̯̠͝I͚͇̳̩̺̝͜͜ ̶̨̣͖̺̱̣h̗̘̫̦̖̀͡à̳̱̙̤̤͡͝ͅͅv̨͍̖̠̻̗͝͡e̫̣̩̦̝̹͎̩̯̖̝̼̱͎̠̗͚̕͝ ̢̗͙̮̼̠̻̺̭̣͔̺͔̼͖͉̹͕̀ͅv̴̡̫̼͕͕͔̩͙̠͖́͘á̢̘̫̬̤͕͙̝̦̝̭̰̺̞̹́͟g̠͈̤͇͉͉̺̟̻̤͕̙͓̕í̛͚̩̣̬̥͔̻̟̦̘͖̮͉̕͘͡n̴̢̮̫͈̼̜͇̭̙̭̜̮̯̜̗̻̻̱̕͜͞ͅa̶̵̧̝̖̱̯͖̥͎͙̤̠̺͔͈̯̗͎͍.̷̶̨̢̙̹͚̯̻̺̤͔̪̯̞͕̥̫̫̘̥̪̕ͅ
̷͙͍͇̳͕̪̻͎̟͚͎̀

>mentally ill people will acknowledge the extent of their illness and magically fix their problems if you just tell them they're mentally ill
>insulting people over and over again is a good way to get them to change their behavior
you have to go back

>mentally ill people will acknowledge the extent of their illness and magically fix their problems if you just tell them they're mentally ill
Scroll up faggit
They should have been institutionalized/placed in a conservatorship at first diagnosis of serious mental illness which usually results in self harm (dick cutting off) or suicide (which is also harmful).

Some people are defective to the point that they should no longer be allowed to be in control of their financial and life choices.

>They are already on the edge.
yeah that's why it's best to stay away

>this person who i know nothing about should do what i say because i am some guy on the internet
>nobody but me should be allowed to be in control of financial and life choices

>Is there any good place to buy libre laptops/desktops where the vendor does not broadcast his poor life choices?
It's open source, you're not dealing with a vendor unless you go out of your way to buy one of minifree's overpriced X200. You can build your own for a fraction of the cost or find someone on ebay or other places that is selling one ready to go.

> yeah that's why it's best to stay away
Fuck off you faggot, nobody cares about them, until they cry about being invisible

They seek attention through their mental illness otherwise nobody care abou them
> LOOK at me I'm a woman now
> please notice my presence
> LOOK I don't have a penis anymore
> LOOK I'm in such pain because of my poor choices

They are just mad because once people notice them, they don't get the acceptance they expected or dreamed.
That is why they kill themselves.

Attached: 1534757757712.png (649x611, 639K)

>denying the strong correlation between 'transgenderism' and suicide/self harm
>implies that people with mental illness should be allowed to defraud and inflict harm on society without consequence.
>tries to paint me as the bad guy
being a tranny doesn't isolate the damage to the individual, it spills over onto the rest of us, which is why I take exception to tolerating their mental illness as just a 'lifestyle'

[ T R I G G E R E D ]

minifree.org/product/libreboot-x200/
no gonna lie, that looks comfy, too bad it's probably loud af since it's powered by incel™

It's overpriced, you can make one for half the cost.

>running a business and asking for donations to help pay for medical expenses is "defrauding and inflicting harm"
>someone making personal choices about their own body "spills damage over onto the rest of us"

>medical expenses
you mean cosmetic expenses

but then mentally ill people won't have monies for life altering procedures :(

no, i don't

>chopping your dick off
>cosmetic
found the female

cosmetic as in plastic surgery, as in unneeded surgery, you absolute retard

I don't visit that board

Makes sense

Just remember that once you have the tools ready to flash it, you can flash any other computer any time. Make a business out of it.

Attached: tranny.png (3640x2140, 1.45M)

> make a business out of it
I don't care about doing that, I just want a laptop/desktop with libreboot and a gnu/linux distribution.

Attached: laughing Don.jpg (345x336, 189K)

jfc that image, I don't know what's more terrifying, that it exists or that someone took the time to draw it

Attached: mickey.png (252x221, 61K)

Send it to me, I'll libre it for you.

As I said, I'll do it for ya. Get a cock.li mail, I'll get in touch. Or mastodon:
@[email protected]

you need to go back

It comes with a fresh battery and a spare battery, and it's clean. It definitely costs more than doing it yourself, but I think you're getting something extra for what you're paying.

Thank you for your offer, very kind of you.

But I've not bought the machine yet and was just looking around for options as I said in the first post.

Look at ebay if you want a librebootable machine.

Also, as for the Libreboot boss being a tranny, who gives a fuck if the code's okay. You don't have to support them and a download has not that much value to them.

>Now I have vagina

Very insensitive of xir, that should read:

>Now I have a front hole

> the Libreboot boss being a tranny, who gives a fuck if the code's okay
I don't really care either way, the software could be writen by a dog for what it matters.

As I said, I was more supprised about the message on the front page, that is all.

I miss the time when the rule was
>Tits or GTFO
nowadays faggots show their buttholes to get attention

> You don't have to support them and a download has not that much value to them.
I will download and follow wiki/tutorial to get it running once I've decided and bought the machine

> Look at ebay if you want a librebootable machine.
Thank you again.
I'm looking to see if I can get a machine that is not completly ruined, is hard to tell the condition, most of the photos are taken from other similar products (at least on the European ebay).

Attached: ee251112ee.jpg (700x609, 146K)

found the californian

X200 > W500?

apart from the messiness, there's nothing in that image not worth aspiring to

What is it with transgenderism being shilled to obvious autismos with extremely masculine interests/occupations/hobbies? Don't these people have safety nets/responsible family members to prevent them from completely ruining their lives?

Being autistic surely must suck, but being autistic and frankensteined.. well.. that's just cruel. (What makes it even crueler is legit autismos probably won't be able to tell legitimate friendly, positive interactions from whatever the fuck you'd call the way society currently dictates transsexuals be treated: surprisingly similar to the way you'd interact with kindergartners.)

I'm pretty sure eventually we'll get to the point where changing sex is considered natural healthy, and most people will spend a year or two as the opposite sex they were born as.

Of course this is after sex changes become safe, reversible and almost indistinguishable from someone born that way, which is somewhere off in the future. But right now all this transition stuff is scary and weird.

Attached: rest-in-penis.png (1254x150, 14K)

how long till s/he khs?

>reddit filename
jesus christ

Yeah, extremists are mentally ill. Doesn't matter which way they lean politically.