Why did XP look like Fisher Price by default? What was the strategy here?

Why did XP look like Fisher Price by default? What was the strategy here?

Attached: win.jpg (1600x1200, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was the last OS with soul

because we were all children when it came out

It looked like a shitty graphics attempt at something like aero.

That is correct. But why?

To make it look good and unique.

Soul of a retarded child

That still doesn't answer why they go with the fisher price look. They had millions of other ideas they could've used. Fuck, they actually had a much better silver theme in there but it wasn't set as default for some reason.

kino background though

Attached: WindowsXP.jpg (2560x1080, 261K)

Part of it was so color blind people could distinguish between shits. Part of it was just because.

Attached: 1512765007225.jpg (1280x800, 240K)

have you seen late 90s/early 2000s design?

:(

Modern UI design is very stale because there is a trend on what should be done.
Back then microshit was able to set a trend (they could do now but wont) so they were able to make a functional UI and then tailor it for consumer use.

This is windows xp now

Feel old yet?

Attached: A84F691E-AE1E-47DC-B32E-13C2E3DDAEBA.jpg (520x390, 50K)

It was actually the beginning of the end.
They tried to make computer less ~~scarrryyy~~ for normies by having the most non.threatening design possible from the start while also not looking "boring".

W2000 users hated that look and it was totally justified.

It didn't treat users as a spyware vessel like windows 10 cortana. They actually respected more of your privacy back then.

this.
XP was literally the normie version of 2k

XP stands for "Extra Pleb" edition

*crack*
Windows XP
*sip*
Now THAT was an OS

LMAO, you just proved you weren't around back then.
It was not like the extend of 10 now but it most definitely already was a big issue back then.

It’s better than Windows 10’s ultra dark look and better than vista’s neon lights. but not as good as Windows 7 blueish scheme.

that whole era was weird, cargo shorts were still allowed

wait, why would you have a problem with them?

nigger cargo shorts are gay. Its all about mini skirts and programming socks nowadays

t. neckbeard

Just be fit/avoid being ugly and you can rock sandals and cargo shorts AND EVEN WEARING SOCKS while no one has a problem with it.

I love how you were able to have fun with it without internet. 8 years ago in Poland whenever I'd visit I was limited to computers with no internet, crt's, and Windows xp. I played solitaire, wrote funny things in Microsoft Sam and played it back, and made songs out of my voice and recorded it.

the fuck are you on about? you can still have "fun" without an internet connection.

I don't, I love them. Fashion-wise They're on the same level as fanny packs and fleece jackets though.

different user but I live in arizona, lots of people here wear them but that has to do with the fact that it's a fucking desert
When I visit my family in the central valley I rarely see people wear them
convenient as fuck though, especially if you get the ones that dry super quick because monsoons are fucking annoying

The "fisher price" look (what a retarded term) was not fisher price look at the time it came out.
> What was the strategy here?
same strategy that you can think of when you see pic related.
They were going for the most visually appealing considering different time, trends, management, devs, etc.

Attached: 1335572425.or.85453.png (1680x1050, 47K)

pretty much this. everything looks ok if youre not a fat fuck

>make computer less ~~scarrryyy~~
That was windows 3.1 mate
The whole "all GUI" thing started at this time.

Totally not because Apple introduced Aqua almost two years before XP launched :^)

Attached: mac_os_x_10_0_4_cheetah_where_it_all_began_by_mactheplaneh-dannm0c.jpg (1191x671, 125K)

GRADIENTS

and to be quite honest it still looks very nice and especially tons nicer than the shit that came after 2007

Fuck.

Obviously they were racing each other on this field, no real need to :^) if you're talking about consensual stuff.

Guys I heard rumors about getting directX 11 working on XP
Anyone have info about this?

Attached: Capture.png (479x499, 647K)

GUIs were such a mistake. When every UI designer knew they had to stick to a 80x25 screen it focussed their designs and stopped them going full retard.

Did someone put a farm on the hill?
Probably wrong season for grass to be green.

The Luna design was incredible in the era. It got normies to stop seeing Windows as something you use at work only, and got them thinking it could also be in their living room.

You might want to take some english lessons before posting again.

probably, macos still looks fisher price to this day

I feel like if you wore cargo shorts, a fleece jacket, and a fanny pack all as an outfit, it might actually be kinda cool in a ironic sort of way.

>producing wine in the USA
It tastes like koolaid mixed with rubbing alcohol. Why do this people even bother for fuck sake.

There's no grammar errors or spelling mistakes in that post.

its a vineyard in california

This is exactly why they made XP look like it did.
They were trying hard to shake the "windows is only for srs business" stigma that was attached to it, and when Apple's OS looked way friendlier, they needed some sort of UI change to lose the Win2k style grey rectangle look.

because I like buying a $10 big bottle of alcoholic grape juice and getting fucked up.

Was anyone else unreasonably excited by UI as a kid? We had a shitty old 2000 computer and I always got really excited when I saw a computer with the XP theme, spent hours on Paint trying to redraw it. Just about lost my shit when I saw Vista for the first time. Glass is still the best UI ever made imo.

I mean makes sense because XP looks like a kids product.
Vista's UI was premium though. I wonder if there's a way to make MATE look like it.

>focussed
>stopped them going
>what are commas
Also why is the screen the subject of the second clause of your second sentence? It sounds awkward and clunky. That part revised to "they focused and did not go full retard" sounds much better

Now windows is the gaymen os and osx is the business os.

>osx is the business os
umm........

>they couldn't do telemetry at that time because of network and other limitations so it wasn't done because of it
Fixed for ya

xp-A*****y

this

wait, that was a real picture?

classic was always better
this blue is just too much

you mean

yea. Everything is real user, if you believe.

XP looked modern at the time, times just changed

Kek

Attached: 1423577515152.gif (200x149, 484K)

>osx is the business os
???

Oh no, a cloudy day in autumn, I'm so old!

Remember when websites could trigger OS-level warning prompts with javascript? It came to a stop with SP1.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)

Attached: Bliss_hill_July_2017.jpg (3264x2448, 2.7M)

I worked with a guy who did this. He was also a wizard and taught me *nix.
I see this as a sign of sagery and wisdom as only the most advanced wizard nix admins will wear it.

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME