What went wrong, my Jow Forumsuys?

What went wrong, my Jow Forumsuys?

Attached: Windows-10-The-Next-Chapter.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/universal-application-platform-guide
google.com/search?q=windows update data loss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not enough updates

For your average user:
>slow, bloated UI
>adds little to previous still sufficient versions
>spying controversies becoming well-known
>LOONIX in the public consciousness

Mainly just the privacy stuff and the incoherent design.

Xaml is still around

Most UWP programs need performance improvements and a lot of the design is inconsistent as fuck.
That's it really in my opinion.

Attached: 1493258093045.png (601x1016, 272K)

major things
>forced updates. focusing on corporate so much that normal users became the beta testers for the corpo releases. PAID users, mind you.
>spyware and adware stuff to appease the data jew. again they dont care about normal users at all, we're cattle to them
>shit UI. there 2 or 3 styles of ui mixed around in the windows explorer wm. access to the more mature uis with more features is made to be slower in w10, as most old config options now send you to a kiddie version first

minor stuff
>explorer is really lacking as a window manager
>none of the shit that was wrong with 8.1 got fixed except for the start screen
>still shitty multicore scheduling compared to unix-like flavors

>Cortana
>Search literally doesn't work
>Settings are useless and pointlessly hidden away because more than 3 buttons might scare the average user into having a stroke

uwp is dead
the ms phones are not coming back soon, and they are not making more arm shit

Updates aren't forced unless you're a retard that can't into a settings menu or gpedit and I think the ad shit (or """""suggestions""""" as they call it) are just one toggle and don't reappear.

What do you mean by search? It was fucked for me so I added it as an indexing option and it seems fine now.

>uwp is dead
The only way you'd reach that conclusion is if you're retarded or just misinformed.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/universal-application-platform-guide

>What do you mean by search?
Win + entering what you are looking for. It feels like the system is rolling a dice and if you get >3 it finds the file you are looking for and else you're fucked.
The problem happened on multiple systems with different OS versions. Win 10s search is just fucked beyond belief.

It was unnecessary.
They should have updated W7 with support for NVMe and better resolution scaling out of the box.
Metro looks like shit and I don't think anyone ever asked for bloatware like the Wangblows Store.

Attached: nyet.png (902x862, 636K)

>Updates aren't forced unless you're a retard that can't into a settings menu or gpedit and I think the ad shit (or """""suggestions""""" as they call it) are just one toggle and don't reappear.

The ads go away, but you cant completely shut down the spying according to Jow Forums and reddit
Updates can be disabled if you are a competent user, but for people who can barely use computers (most of them), thats the main problem, same with the ads.

>The only way you'd reach that conclusion is if you're retarded or just misinformed.
You realistically expect people who use ms products really delve in to their ecosystem like apple fans? MS doesnt have that brand devotion

Oh, that one. Yeah, I agree the ordering is really fucking retarded half the time but its never really struggled with finding files for me, try adding the directory under "indexing options", by default it only searches the start menu programs and C:\Users\(YOURNAME).

>The ads go away, but you cant completely shut down the spying according to Jow Forums and reddit
Quite literally pic related.
>people who can barely use computers (most of them), thats the main problem
If they can barely use a computer they should have forced updates, it does them a hell of a lot more good than harm.

I literally never said that, only that you were misinformed on what UWP is and gave you a link that explains it.

Attached: mtgp.jpg (1600x1064, 382K)

BOTNET

>try adding the directory under "indexing options"
We did that and while it was at least noticeably better than before it still struggles randomly and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

>Quite literally pic related.
how is that moving the goalpost? one half of the big data argument can be "solved" if you know how to, the other doesnt
>dumb people should have forced updates
i would agree if they didnt break stuff that is already installed half of the time, or literally bricked windows install from time to time

Who knows then, Windows 10 does have a lot of bizarre bugs.

Design still isn't as good as Aero, but otherwise it's the best version of Windows ever made.

>I literally never said that, only that you were misinformed on what UWP is and gave you a link that explains it.
you dont think the future of their device independent platform depends on people having more than one single microsoft device?

Yeah. I am absolutely convinced that Win10 for a normie work environment is the best option available right now because let's be honest the average user isn't exactly competent, but fuck me is it a pain in the ass to get it to cooperate sometimes.

8.1 is the best for illiterate normies imo

>how is that moving the goalpost?
You said "yeah sure there are no ads but the spying is still there!".
Its a completely different point altogether.
>if they didnt break stuff that is already installed half of the time, or literally bricked windows install from time to time
Going to need an actual source on that, you're really exaggerating it, not to mention that it wouldn't affect their Office and Chrome.

Of course not you retard, the idea is you write it once and it runs anywhere regardless of the platform. Look at it from a developer point of view.

>normie

When we started rolling out 8.1 in our company people for some reason struggled with it as if I had given them a Gentoo install without GUI so we decided to just give them Win 10 instead.

Then give me a better short word to describe the tech illiterate average consumer please you imbecile.

how about you lurk more, normalfag

>normalfag
>lurk more
user it's time to an hero.

Cope.

Forgot to mention it just generally sucks. You tell me I have to use a "server" version of the OS for a scheduler that doesn't shit on the streets when it sees 32 cores? Or how about a system where even if I want to disable everything that makes windows 10 bad, I can't because it will still be there lurking in the shadows and listed as a process, not to mention getting bullshit added onto it every single update? This OS was garbage.

Nothing. This little echo-chamber you inhabit is not remotely indicative of reality.

Say it with me Jow Forums
POO

Wow, what a well-thought out, convincing counter-argument.

Attached: 1522878306485.jpg (500x500, 85K)

IN

Attached: Linux.jpg (1084x610, 608K)

THE

Attached: Software_freedom_day_07.jpg (400x300, 34K)

LOO

Attached: IMG_0828.jpg (1600x1200, 251K)

>Going to need an actual source on that, you're really exaggerating it, not to mention that it wouldn't affect their Office and Chrome.

google.com/search?q=windows update data loss

i had a system bricked in 2016 because an update broke something related to a sata card i was using at the time, and i handnt switched to enterprise yet

A google search is not a source, not to mention the first link is literally an advertorial for data recovery software you fucking retard.
Your second sentence is literally worthless, I could just say "yeah I've never had any issues" and it would hold exactly the same weight.
Feel free to try again if you want, but you can't because the issues are obviously not as widespread as you purport them to be, or there would be a massive PR backlash, which is obviously not happening and Windows 10's market share is still increasing.

i found that with the tablet start screen, normies that only used chrome and spotify had no way to "get lost"

>or there would be a massive PR backlash
like every single tech "community" hating your os...?

How out of touch are you with reality? Tech communities are not massive you colossal retard.

>every single tech
???

>doesnt understand the reach of tech communities on the interwebz and how that filters down to normal users
>doesnt think near unanimous hate of a product is "massive backlash"
>calling other people retards

>tech communities have so much impact!
>windows 10 is hated in tech communities!
>windows 10 is still shit!
By your own logic you are wrong, faggot.

>unanimous hate
Source? Oh what, its almost like you are talking out of your ass.

This is all anecdotal of course, but its probably worth mentioning that I had the displeasure of watching 50+ laptop review/comparison videos (old one is not so good any more) and most of these fuckers said something along the lines of "oh windows isn't how it used to be, its actually very good now!", particularly when they were doing some comparison to macs.
It seems to be like the general perception of Windows 10 to normalfags is actually quite positive, but of course you'll deny this just because you disagree with it.

>By your own logic you are wrong, faggot
you'd have to be a massive retard (you are) to believe people have a choice in what OS they use most of the time
Few really have luxury to use an os of choice, most of us are stuck to platforms that run the stuff we need to use.
>people like the experience of using pc laptops better than they did 10 years ago
yeah. it must be the os version, not the hugely improved hardware that dominates mainstream offers and a clean snappy windows install compared to their 10 year old spyware-infested vista install

>boot windows
>100% CPU usage for several minutes
That's what went wrong

Your first response doesn't even answer what I said, faggot.
You say its hated by tech communities, but also claim that these tech communities hold a lot of influence, but despite this, Windows is still shit.
Just admit you made a garbage point that you can't even back up.

The second point you make is also retarded, hardware reviewers aren't going from a 10 year old vista installation to a new Windows 10 laptop, in fact most of them had their gaymen towers running 10 in the background.

Of course my response answers what you said, your brain just doesn't function properly and you missed it, let me try again:
the knowledge that windows is shit, and why is shit, has become widespread, mainly because every single tech community has converged on it (except for pajeets, who rely on shilling 24/7 ms for their hb-1 visas)
still that doesnt change the fact most people are stuck with it because of the stuff they use

you can make a little poll on Jow Forums, asking why people windows 10, if they use it, and what they think of it. do the same on any tech community you want, you will obtain a similar set of results

>the second point
if what im saying makes no sense to you, then you are confused. you just spoke about "normalfag hardware reviewers" on youtube. these are normal people, not pro content creators with sponsored content. and the normal people reviews/unboxings ive seen are usually upgrading from much older devices

>the knowledge that windows is shit, and why is shit, has become widespread
Maybe in your echo chamber it has.
>blah blah polls
So because you have no real sources I'm supposed to you your research for you? Fuck off.
>the rest
Go on YouTube and search for "[laptop name] review". The vast majority of stuff you see will be hardware review channels, which is where I saw the comments I described in .

Pretty much everything. If they kept the Windows 7 design but added support for newest hardware then MS would've had another winner, imo. But they didn't and we end up with shit.

Telemetry and surveillance. All breakage is directly associated with this stuff.

The spying and the privacy stuff, the OS fragmentation between professional, home, starter home, Home of your gf edition is annoying, being unable to choose wether or not you want to install updates is annoying too. But thats it, annoyance =! useless.
I, for one,still use win7 because I'm too lazy to install again my SO. But win10 just works out of the box, installs in less than 20min, supports hardware in a better way than 7 and auto installs drivers by itself.

Too much shit. Windows XP gave you the barebones you needed to get shit done, so anything extra you wanted was down to you to source, install and use. However, Windows 7, 8, 10 has a ton of pre----whatever-it's-called bloatware.
Shit like Xbone integration is completely useless and I shouldn't have to deactivate this. Also, there are like 3 different calculators (store app, Win standard and Cortana) which is fucking stupid - also Cortana punches those numbers into a search engine, which is ridiculous.
And the spying, adware and other new-age nonesence.

>inconsistent design
>forced updates
>less privacy
>ABHORRENT native programs

I had to deal with this shit just today. Native W10 Mail and Calendar was using 100% CPU constantly for some reason, ramping up the fan speed of this shitty IdeaPad someone brought me.

Really sucks, because Windows 10 is somewhat promising. Superior driver support, very plug-and-play oriented, digital licences makes a fresh install extremely easy, not to mention the the refresh/factory reset feature is easier to use than ever. Not having to do a manual backup of documents and shit when fixing some shitty Windows issue only fixed by a reinstall is nice.

I just had to do a fucking reinstall of this piece of shit after it broke for no reason, no updates, nothing, it just went to sleep after I stepped away and when I came back and logged, it fucking was lagging so bad it was crashing explorer, rolling back did nothing, I would move away but I have to support older apps, why couldn't they have just given us w7 with nvme support.

It's all good.

Attached: WinX.jpg (730x417, 63K)

No aero.

its not open source :)

if tomorrow billy opened it up and made their git public announcing it is all 100% gnu compliant, what would you do?

When you declare spying and telemetry 'non-optional', its hardly a surprise when customers remind you, the decision whether or not to purchase your shit is, thankfully, still theirs to make. The single fucking arrogance of that 'how much should we spy on you - a lot? just some? er, thats it..' get fucked already.

The real question is w2c the Server 2019 iso

Nothing?

Attached: Windows.jpg (1114x657, 83K)

they switched to rolling release
it is dead
win 8.1 was last good version

that data is from sales numbers aggressors
i hope you can see why it cant be used as an argument against windows being shit

Sorry i still can't see how Windows is shit.
T.Windows 10 user

Windows 8.1 is trash compared to Windows 10. You are trying too hard.

Attached: huang.jpg (358x354, 20K)

Technicals aside:
Windows as a service is retarded: the big release and retire model kept their devs honest and their UX team out of their ivory tower.
Apple lust is chocking management harder than any internal malfeasance. Nobody wants an MS iPad.
Their refusal get series about PC gaming or desktop productivity is helping speed it into irrelevance.

Attached: 1384648822209.jpg (572x507, 172K)

Attached: ntlite_-_Google_Search_-_Google_Chrome_2018-08-22_20-40-36.png (233x233, 34K)

if you truly like w10, i guess it would be like explaining algebra to an ant
the fact that you cant even use the regular version without getting buttfucked and need to pirate enterprise versions, should be a red flag

>Nobody wants an MS iPad.
be quite happy with one,personally, but yeah, taking their eye off the ball enitrely does seem to be a running theme. When you own Office, Desktop and Gaming, should probably expend the occasional effort into staying ahaead of the pack. BUT NO, MS wants apps, phones, search - every manner of BS they are already irrecoverably behind in.

I use the pro version and i never had a problem with it.

it would get fixed, so i would use it

• Forced driver updates (forced security updates are fine; MS has screwed up lots of updates lately but that's not W10's fault)
• Multiple UI styles
• Forced telemetry (even Enterprise LTSB has it)
• UWP, The Store, Modern/Metro
•Cortana, Suggestions, and Web Search (and making Web Search really annoying to turn off)
•Massive HD utilization throughout the day (no I'm not putting an SSD in every one of my machines just to wear them out faster)
• Massive CPU utilization after reaching the desktop
• New builds every 6 months, the 4 hours it takes to install, and the changing of settings that comes with it (deleted firewall rules always come back, uninstalled network protocols/clients/services come back, new privacy settings to disable; maybe it'll uninstall some of your software while it's updating too)

Decided to market an enterprise OS to consumers.
Like, it’s not meant for people who aren’t retarded, it’s meant for braindead drooling managers and subhuman HR faggors.
But don’t fucking pretend it isn’t.

>enterprise OS
'Im sorry Dave, I cant let you delete Kandy Krush..' the most enterprising aspect of w10 is the amount needed to get rid of shit like Edge.

>forced updates
>random file association resets
>forced reboots (see above)
>bloat
>UI looks like a massive piece of shit
>advertisements at login screen
>accidentally clicking adds at login in leads to RAGE!!!
>gets in the fucking way of what I'm doing
>requires installation on drive 0 because fuck every other OS
>will litterally destroy ability to boot into other OS if rule above is not obeyed
>keylogger
>nsa backdoor
>2018 we have better options

oh and it is slow as fuck, Microsoft literally forces obsolescence onto the consumer, never buy any Microsoft hardware, unless you don't mind having it locked to specific software/OS which they will stop updating in order to force you to buy their newer piece of shit that only offers 5% increase in performance. But will be made to look much faster thanks to yet another addition of a shit OS....

I don’t think you understand what enterprise means, it’s a polite way of staying retarded, the kind of people who actually play candy crush are the same kind of people who get jobs in management.
It’s perfect marketing.