When will we be allowed to have free app stores?

Attached: 1515745863789.png (920x692, 90K)

fdroid

Allowed on Android

Yup, Eu should force apple to allow side loading but otherwise let them be

its really worse than anything MS ever did. apologize right fucking now

do you guys think this will lead to people using something like fdroid, or just more side-loading in general? i don't

Is a great way why’re was the way you could even more so than that I wanna know?

when we revolt

The real crime here is that fucking font.

Attached: 1529817789129.png (800x800, 72K)

Hol up are you saying icucks can only run software downloaded from the istore?
Hahahahahhahha

what the fuck is that font

Attached: xl-2017-linus-torvalds-1.jpg (620x360, 27K)

EU just needs to fuck off.

What do you need other app stores for? Google Play Store has everything you need!

Attached: 1531792146653.png (200x252, 12K)

Yep.
Unless you own a Mac and pay $100 yearly for an "XCode License", in which case you can compile code to sideload.
No binary sideloading though.

fdroid is just a central repo with a frontend, nowhere near a "marketplace". Also, too many restrictions, and getting your app on their repo seems like a pain in the ass.

you need to get laid and you know it

yeah, if they had "buy for $0.99" option, they'd be a marketplace, right?

>apple/google then: we expect most apps to sell for less than $3
>developers then: i are happy to pay the 30% tax for access to these store fronts

>developers now: HAVING TO PAY 30% OF THE $10 I CHARGE FOR EACH OF MY 50 COPYPASTED APPS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY

Yeah, also ads, curated apps, payment system etc

Apple can afford to lose the revenue, but Google can't. Apple could fuck Google by lowering the take to put pressure on them.

>but Google can't
Nigga you high.
Google makes most of their money from advertising. Even the free apps in the Play Store are earning them cash.

Logically, wouldn't this issues also apply to game consoles? They too artificially restrict what software the owner can run on their own machine, and MS/Sony/Nintendo force developers to give them a cut of each game. Any rules regarding smartphone app stores should also apply to the console market. Of course, without the cut from developers, the console market would be a lot less profitable, and, well, wouldn't that be a shame.

Attached: 1432390801168.png (3160x3254, 1011K)

ooh a "growing number" i bet they're so scared of 2/400000000000 becoming 3/400000000000

>wouldn't this issues also apply to game consoles?
Yes
>rules
Article isn’t talking about any rules from any country or region (like eu). It’s more about how companies avoid having billing in apps and instead rely on their website for subscriptions (spotify, netflix) or just avoid the play store entirely if they are already known like fortnite.

u 1st

The 'rules' reference was in regard to the poster above wanting the EU to force Apple to allow sideloading.

Anyways, this isn't as big of deal for Google since sideloading is trivial there, though app discovery is an issue - not every app is as well known as Fortnite. Of course, Amazon also runs a sizeable Android app store too.

The big issue is of course Apple & the console makers, which actively block non-developers from sideloading programs.

I never thought I'd see a font with a stroke width variation of 100%. Post this to

Lack of these is a good portion of the reason people use F-Droid.
The other portion is that the source code for the program has to be free to be on there. That's important also.

True, fdroid has its own niche market but it's not and will not be a replacement for google play.

rt

What a rarted post that was m'lao