Let's disuss Technology in this board for once

Bodhi Linux 5.0.0 is out today: bodhilinux.com/

>Ubuntu 18.04 based
>Moksha DE (a fork of enlightenment)
>nice looking out of the box
>lighter than any other *buntu, xubuntu and lubuntu included

Attached: a.jpg (772x416, 46K)

Why not just be a normal human bean and use xubuntu instead?
I don't mean to shit on your life's work user, I'm sure you worked very hard on this shitty DE but XFCE already exists.

moksha, unlike xfce, it's in active development. I like Xfce too, but this one has the advantage of being alive.

post moksha desktops so I can evaluate if it's worth installing

niche distros are a waste of time, stick to suse, fedora, debian, ubuntu, with special mentions to alpine and freebsd

>suse
unstable
>fedora
GNU/Autistic
>debian
server distro
>ubuntu
this is ubuntu based. If you mean vanilla ubuntu, its DE is a mess and you know it.

I'm installing it on a vm right now. here's a scrot from their website.

Attached: 2018-07-01-175646.png (2550x1390, 1.06M)

If ayone will try to install it, a quick heads up:
once you boot from your live media, go to main menu/applications/preferences and there's the "install bodhi linux" button. For some reason is not out on the desktop like other ubuntu-based distros. From that point onward it installs just like any other *buntu.

Here's a screenshot. This is the "app pack" version, not the minimalist standard version. Still, I've never seen a *buntu going that low in RAM use in years. The minimalist version prolly goes even lower.

Attached: d.png (1597x795, 921K)

The app pack version comes with most of the things vanilla ubuntu comes with (libreoffice, vlc, etc) but also comes with some unusual things like Steam and PlayOnLinux. The minimalist version comes pretty much without any mainstream software.
When it comes to browsers: minimalist comes with Midori (a very lightweight webkit based browser), app pack version comes with Midori and Chromium.

that looks pretty nice actually, like a blend of enlightenment and cinnamon.
dang thats pretty low ram usage, what software does it come with?

looks like I predicted your question. Spoopy.

I didn't update the page fast enough. Looks like it's trying to be more game oriented, although it's weird they didn't just make midori default for both versions.

That font rendering looks Jow Forums retarded.

The terminal (Terminology) is quite impressive. Highly customizable and full of features and silly animations.

Attached: shot-2018-08-22_15-16-45.jpg (1600x796, 253K)

Terminology is like that by default

The DE/WM can be customized in detail, it even supports scaling (for some reason it comes scaled at 1.2x by default). Locale is quite limited, since it diesn't come with any other language installed besides English, but they can be added manually. It appears that if you choose a language other than English during install it automatically installs that particular language pack, but doesn't enable it. You have to choose it manually later.

it's a very minimalist distro so you can expect basic font rendering, but it's nothing you can't change yourself, this being ubuntu based it's very easy to expand its features.

it even comes with an "app center" that installs additional software right off their website using eSudo. Very minimalist, I insist.

in conclusion, it's definitely something worth looking at. With Lubuntu quitting the "old computer distro" mission, Bodhi might just take that job.

Looks like dogshit.

Use LXDE then.
LXQT is the future of Linux DEs.

not even lxde people like lxqt. I have no idea who's actually going to use it.

no u

Does this new DE use Wayland? Enlightment does use it.
No need to attack other distros. Bodhi has it's niche and it's very light.

>Does this new DE use Wayland? Enlightment does use it.
yep

I use Lubuntu, can confirm, Lubuntu 18.04 will be my last one.
Well, to be fair I only use it in some old "familiar" PC with 1GB of RAM, but even Lubuntu devs are saying it will drop its "lightweight" purpose to became more "attractive" to users, althought that would be suicide for them, imho.