/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Post your questions here

>Read
→ → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

old thread:

Attached: 17 crop.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ss64.com/bash/
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-75/CDE.html
github.com/karan/Projects/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't resize the explorer window when choosing to select an image to post on Jow Forums on Firefox on WIndows 10.

Attached: 1534799239706.png (900x1252, 396K)

Reposting from the old thread.
How accurate are those Android location spoofers? If I were to access a website and someone were to ask a mod for my IP/general location (they're all close friends there), it wouldn't show my actual location, correct?
>Why do you want to hide your location in a situation like this
It's a dumb story but it needs to happen.

You can with other browsers?

Just tried with Edge and I can by dragging the bottom right of the explorer window. In FireFox the dots here dissapear when I let go after trying to drag it

Attached: Untitled.png (317x126, 13K)

why do girls do this

Can I use CDE without it being vulnerable to internet based attacks?

Its the windows 10 theme fucking up with firefox.
Try a different one.

>I can't resize the explorer window when choosing to select an image to post on Jow Forums on Firefox on WIndows 10.
>Just tried with Edge and I can by dragging the bottom right of the explorer window. In FireFox the dots here dissapear when I let go after trying to drag it
Works with firefox on ubuntu 16.04.01

What are the minimum specs required to watch content (namely YouTube and Twitch) at a steady 1080p 60fps?

I've got a question. What's the source of these strange drawings like in OP?

GPU wise anything with VP9 decoding.
CPU wise, depends on what you want to get.

Noise.

Can I use a Hitron 3582 router/modem combo as just a modem for a nighthawk r6700 router with gigabit speed cable internet? What am I getting myself into guys?

On Windows, there are many styles of file dialogs, and which one you get depends on the parameters a program uses when requesting it.

>Noise
Can you give me an artist name or something else that I can search using?

8600k @5gHz on 1,3V, so far it seems stable, during AIDA64 system stability test ive hit max of 84C, average hovers around 80C, is that too hot or is it good?

Rustle (らする) is the artist name, sorry mixed them up.
You can find his stuff in sadpanda.

A bit too hot.
Increase Heatsink fan speed or get more case fans?

I inherited a standard 500gb ssd, but I already have an ssd as a boot drive. Is there anything neat I can do with it?

And on an unrelated note what's the best music player that has a low key ui like in all those pretty desktop threads?

Thanks!

Re-posting from /dpt/.
Anyone?

Attached: korpus_cooler_master_case_elite_110a_rc_110a_kkn1_1.jpg (400x374, 78K)

>music player that has a low key ui
if you mean a console music player it's usually ncmpcpp or cmus or moc

i should probably consider better case fans, its just shitty stock ones that came with case

Just buy a pack of 5 arctic fans for $18-25.
You dont need better fans, you just need more fans.

Also which heatsink are you using?
Which paste you used?

Im using Kryonaut thermal grease, would have guessed its gonna perform a bit better

If I buy a NAS, will I be able to install some sort of linux-like OS on it? I'd like to run a cron job that uses wget, ffmpeg and convert.

and the heatsink is Zalman cnps10x optima

jobs generally train you regardless of how experienced you are and nobody expects that you'll be able to pick up their entire tech stack before a few months especially if you're applying to an entry level job
if you're that concerned about your ability just make sure you ask a lot of not-dumb questions to your new coworkers so that they know you're trying to make an effort to learn it, and maybe put in some extra effort outside of work - fake it until you make it, it's what everybody does

you keep asking this question, install games or whatever you want on it where the game/program takes a while to load
and go ask in the desktop threads for their music player, people are usually accommodating when you ask them

80c is fine for stress testing

Well there is your problem, you are using a 90w TDP heatsink for a 120-150w TDP CPU.
Buy a NH-D15 eventually.

>have jpg on SSD C: drive for snappy access
>click on it
>nothing happens until the inactive HDD on E: drive is finished waking up with a slow groan about 4 seconds later

The HDD shouldn't be involved with the process, so what gives?

Are you using Windows 10? I've been experiencing the same issue and it's driving me nuts.

Get Process Monitor, a free utility from Sysinternals (now part of Microsoft). Set filters for show only filesystem activity, path starts with E:. Start capturing. Click your jpg. Stop capturing once the viewer pops up. Now look at the trace for your answer.

Still on 7 until 2020.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

what are others websites with piquiqproxy and amgload that i can browse so privacy badger learns and flags it? flagging manually doesnt work because it keeps spawning multiple instances

ss64.com/bash/

are these most of the useful bash commands? anything major missing from here? putting them all in an anki deck.

Install uBlock Origin.
add this to your fitlers:
Jow Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)
@@||Jow Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'

This stops 4chanx from loading

guys how do you put those old jar files onto old phones using a standard USB cable through the PC,is there a program I could use to properly load them so they can actually show up in the phones system?

>downloaded PC Studio 3 7 and the "new" version but they still won't let me install new applications or games

Attached: java game collection.png (1480x754, 1.01M)

Same OS and browser, works for me.

Uncropped version of that?

This is only the second time I've asked. This thread and the last one.

could be a number of things, good chance your image viewer is checking for something on the hdd, like if 'recent items' still exist, which may be on the hdd
the program could still display your picture before these kinds of checks, but it's up to how the program was made

What tips could you give me? Job is entry-level, C++. How to work with people? What are the do and don't?

newfag here, what is
3 4

no, i want to try privacy badger until i distrohop again. also you dont need those anymore as they come backed in ublock origin by default

a greentext image

Works in both Chrome and Firefox 52 for me.
4chanX, with ccd0 fork.

They were removed and adglare and content-ad.net go through with the stock filters.

dude, just enable advance user and block 3rd party frames, 3rd party scripts and 3rd party and noop google.com for captcha and Jow Forums img servers. what a pleb

>block 3rd party frames, 3rd party scripts and 3rd party
i mean to block them globally, pleb

>4chanX, with ccd0 fork.
You say that EVERYTIME but i go to ubo ,add the filters, apply the filters then reload the page 4chanx does not load. You've done this atleast 10 times recently and everytime they dont work

Where can I get safely cracked android apks?

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-75/CDE.html
perhaps

depends on the model
if it has usb and has file transfer then maybe you can do it

I left a bad review on a product. The company wants to bribe me with a free version of the product if I promise to remove my review.

Should I choose the Free product or Honesty in reviews?

cute drawing of me

Take the free product, then add an update to your review that they bribed you with software to change your review.

they should've thought of it before selling bad prodcuts desu

Mhm my morals tell me that would basicly kill the company. I dont want to be a fucker that made several people jobless over a broken mp3 player

if a company is ready to bribe people for reviews then maybe they deserve a bad review

They shouldn't sell a shit product. You arent at fault for their lack of standards. They shouldnt bribe people to change an honest review of them. Thats more of a moral dilemma

post feet

I'm trying to learn python's curses but WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T THIS WORK

import curses
from curses import wrapper

def main(stdscr):
stdscr.clear()
print("Running some program")

wrapper(main)

Running this code does not clear the terminal or display "Running some program." It just acts as if nothing happened.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Anyone?

if they are willing to screw up an mp3 player god knows what they be capable of doing to honor their warranties. fuck these people

I want to add plugins/optimize my VIM setup for programming in C for a class next semester, what do yall recommend? When I google, most of it comes up as Cpp

Tried this on Mac and Debian, btw. Also Python 2 and 3.

Firefox userContent.css related question. How to make a selector for all about: pages except for about:config?
@-moz-document url-prefix(about:):not(url(about:config))
doesn't seem to work

>Stupid Questions Thread
Ah, great. Newfag here, what's the spicy VPN that all the cool kids are using nowadays?

How do I get into learning how to program I'm done being a NEET.

Attached: 1529340810306.jpg (734x693, 106K)

fire tv stick, waste of money or something good?

It does do these things, but then returns to your main screen immediately.

put a "stdscr.getkey()" after your print statement.

>OPs pic
isn't that from the birthmark blond girl thread on /b/ a while ago ?

My dude. My bro. Thank you.

I'm currently working at a small company doing IT, app development, and essentially overseeing anything related to computers or technology. What type of job title should I give myself?

SICP

read it

Attached: lphcjbjusd1wollsxbrn.jpg (680x440, 10K)

I want to install Xubuntu on an external hard disk that will stay detached most of the time. Ideally I would like it to behave like a live USB, where I just connect it when I want to and pick it during boot by pressing F12 and selecting the HDD. However, during the installation it asks me where to install the bootloader; would installing it on the HDD itself allow me to avoid having it on the PC when it's not connected or will it fuck up the configuration that is already there?

Install Ubuntu, or some other beginner distro, it should come preinstalled with a C compiler.
Then find some example code and study it, maybe read a book, but most importantly, just start coding.
Here's a nice list of programming challenges: github.com/karan/Projects/
When you get stuck, consult a search engine or /sqt/.

>pic
who is this semen demon and how can i get her dick up my ass?

why do torrents always include nfo files instead of txt files, what's the difference besides the extension

nfo files allow the awesome to be written directly to the screen buffer

>please also check new images

>nfo files instead of txt files
torrent was created by a mac user

When I got some game or video open every other program starts lagging like fuck. winshit 10 after the last updated that I was forced to install last week
cpu, mem, network no gpu are maxed out, like 50-60% max
no throttling profile for cpu
turned off that focus assist shit

Would it be retarded to buy a gaming laptop from 2014?

I'm gonna be travelling soon so I'm selling my dated desktop and getting a Razer blade (970m). My concerns are is thay it's used, so who knows how it was treated before my ownership and how it was handled temps wise

But the specs of the blade are better than my entire Desktop's, so it'll be a feasible replacement.

I think my fan doesn’t fit my motherboard. I installed the cpu itself and removed the side things so the fan could fit the screws in but I’m having aproblem getting it to fit in. It’s like the screws aren’t long enough.

Also the fan seems to cover the fourth RAM slot. Not that I’ll be using it but is that normal?
What am I doing wrong?

Attached: BB1886A2-E044-46E7-AC9E-239C220995C3.jpg (3264x2448, 2.55M)

Build an ITX build if you need something small. Get a case that supports a full size gfx card

Also it seems I can only get three of the four screws in before it teters to one side. Is it squeezing the cpu? Do you only screw it in a bit?
I don’t know what the fuck i’m doing.

Please respond, I don’t know how long this thermal paste lasts

ubuntu 18 sometimes crashes after resuming from suspend on my chinkpad, what do?

Can't/don't want to carry an ITX and screen wherever I go just because I want to type some shit out. I'm not just moving, I'm gonna be travelling all over the place so an ITX wouldn't be very intuitive

Get a chinkpad and give up games and do something productive in that time that earns you money or reputation.

screw alternate corners in just a little each time. Also it is possible to buy a heatsink that's too big for the board.

Can't you turn it around so that the AMD tab is on the other side?

how many monitors is too many?
i have 3 now, would like at least one more.
are there graphics cards the can run 6 monitors?

Buy a more recent laptop with a 1060 in it. You can find them for under $1000. The performance increase is much worth it.

Use as many as you want. Older AMD cards support 6 monitors. Don't expect to game on them, but they will support 6 1080p monitors no problem.

unless youre backpacking you dont need to carry a screen, i travel for work all the time, i built an itx rig that fits comfortably in a cary on bag. i use the hotel tv as a monitor, and same at whatever office im in, i usualy use the tv or projector in a conference room, its not a big deal

the itx rig is far more useful than a laptop for me, i wish you the best of luck in whatever solution you choose

Should I upgrade my Ryzen 1600x to the 2700x or just wait for the 3xxx series? Just came into some disposable income.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 98K)

>disposable income.
Threadripper 2999x.

how do I use a laptop as a secondary monitor?

Ip location guessers can only really get as accurate as what city you're in. Anyway, those Android location spoofers only spoof the data that your phone gives to apps as your GPS location, for your IP to appear as if it's in another location, you will need to get a VPN or similar service.