Sony Ericsson

Who can tell me a little more about Sony phones?

Anyone still use them?

I just killed my Xperia and I think I'm gonna get another one? Can anyone use Ericsson phones from other markets in the US under Verizon or is that a unlocking issue?

Attached: sony-xperia-xa2-and-xa2-ultra-4.jpg (1600x1200, 292K)

I like triluminous and am thinking of getting one once everything is 5g

Been using Sony phones religiously. Have an XZ2 atm. They're nice. Like the minimal design, near AOSP setup, actually quick updates and very good track record of updating their phones in the last few years (as opposed to pre Z2 days).

Not an American, so I can't precisely say much about the current state of Sony there, but from what I occasionally see, it's an absolute shitstorm of different models on different carriers with features disabled, most prominently the fingerprint reader. Think they got around this with the XZ2, though.

Theoretically you should be able to use whatever phone on whatever network as long as the frequency band is the same. Willmyphonework.net usually has a nice overview.

Overall, I'd very much recommend them if you can get a hold of one. Just don't expect the touchscreen to work if you crack it, as it's a glued piece of shit.

just bring back the Z5 & XA design already.

Attached: waifu.png (480x360, 203K)

last one i used was an xperia s

their mid tier stuff used to be garbage but the high end phones were pretty good

>had a Z3 for 4y
>it just died on me last week after surviving a myriad of shit, including being dunked into a lake
Good phone. I got a bit slow near the end, though, and would randomly restart.

Before that I had an Ericsson Vivaz Pro, now that was a piece of shit.

I highly recommend Xperia xz1 compact

Sony mid range isn't bad, I know from experience those phones have better call quality and reception than Samsung flagships.

The XA2 is also the cheapest consumer device to have 240/480/960fps recording which has my interest, comes out much cheaper than high fps cameras.

Was thinking about going from Iphone X to an XZ2 Premium. Good idea or should I wait to see what get's announced in the coming months?

still use a z3c. pretty good phone, aside from the inevitable touch problems after ~2 years.

Hold off. 5G is coming.

I have an XA2. I really like it.

Sony XZs/XZ1/XZ2 records 960fps not the XA2

Currently still using my Z3 Compact and just got a X Compact to tinker first before moving everything to it. Not sure why official Oreo suffers from not reading sim cards while all older firmware or AOSP Oreo builds are fine

>People having problems with the phone suffering touch problems or the screen coming off due to the adhesive eventually loosens

I should be lucky that my Z3C has none of those problems after 3+ years except having to replace the battery and the usb/micro sd cover

Their Open Devices program is neato.
They release firmware binaries and the android build toolkits for compiling AOSP on most of their phones.

Yea i had my Z3 until last week since 2015. It started getting a bit laggy and restarting itself randomly toward the end, but I think I'm just gonna get another one...the 20MP camera is too nice.

>I highly recommend Xperia xz1 compact

Same. Know that you really can't install lineageos though. There is only a pajeet beta version out there that isn't optimized. Unlocking the bootloader will destroy the drm keys and photos will be shit.

Still using Z1C. Best phone I've ever owned, though it's definitely starting to show its age.

i never used them but i think they used to have nice cameras, and speakers, maybe?
but not any more.

yeah, you're pretty lucky. to be fair, i had issues as early as 3 months of usage, when the region around the notification area began to shit itself.

Owned a Z3C, Z5C, Z5(work), ZXs
Recently after 10 months of owning the ZXs it fucking died on me, was a grey import so no warranty.
Deciding to give the zx1 a try. Probably be my last sony phone unless they bring back the headphone jack and fingerprint button on the powerbutton.

I'm going to get shit on for this post, but whatever.

Went from an XZ Premium to the Pixel 2 XL a couple of months ago, after being a religious pixel/nexus since 2013.

The Sony had a much better screen in all aspects except black level, better build quality, a headphone jack with good sound quality and unbelievably, it was smoother than a fucking Pixel with the same CPU. I don't know if Google screwed something up in last year's Pixels or if Sony got that good at software optimization, but the XZ Premium never lagged. Like, the only time I managed to make it choppy was when I tried to play back a 4k hdr movie on my slow SD card Meanwhile, I have to restart the Pixel every other day so that it doesn't bog down to a crawl if I have a Facebook bubble pop up over my Chrome window.

The only thing that is better on the pixel is the camera and the 18:9 has started to grow on me, but I'm very tempted to upgrade to the xz2 premium if it ever launches in my shithole eastern european country.

Oh, and also, since normies don't buy because Sony is incapable of doing marketing and proper pricing, you can find them for very cheap 5-6 months after launch.

Oh, and don't even remind me about this stupid piece of shit. But I guess you have to buy Samsung today if you don't want to mess with the clusterfuck that is Bluetooth today.

Attached: MVIMG_20180823_141856~01.jpg (1440x1920, 411K)

Z5 design was the best

How does the Xperica Compact stack up against the XZ1 Compact? I don't do much apart from surfing and writing a message at times. The XZ1 is still quite expensive where I live and Sony doesn't announce a new model this year I think.

Which one? If you can't afford XZ1, try XZs, pretty much the same thing minus chipset (835 vs 820) and some design changes. I'm using one, it's great.
From what I heard, Xperia compact models are usually well received.

I hope you don't need VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. Because they don't support it.

I wish Sony Ericsson was still a thing. I used my K800 until last year. Now I have a Z2, I may buy a XZ once it breaks, because the prices drop repidly. I guess it will be the next 100 € class top model.

I don't need 4K on a phone, but one model I saw has a larger battery, 6 GB RAM and better cameras.

Post a picture of it next time so I don’t have to google it you gooch

Just buy an unlocked phone to avoid simlocking bullshit