Hidden Network

Apparently this has been progressing unnoticed for some time.
>ISP's pushing updates to their modems and routers that broadcast a very strong "HIdden Network"
>they didn't tell you they we're doing it
>they won't explain what it does, what the name of the network is or why its non removable
some high IQ user pls explain what this shit is....i feel like some " identifiable group" could be behind this....
is this happening in europe or south america....canada, australia, asia.....russia too????
report in anything you know, ask any questions you have

found this on the net

community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Hidden-Network/td-p/80266

kinda makes ya wonder....

Attached: OP.png (1860x647, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Shielding-Bluetooth-MILITARY-SHIELDING-CONDUCTIVE/dp/B01M294MGK/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the "experts" reply

Attached: second.png (1893x825, 86K)

Attached: mod.png (1902x624, 49K)

Attached: ongoing.png (1454x832, 106K)

the issue was "solved" but somehow the woman seems to still feel unjustified and wants answers

Attached: myquestionunanswered.png (1885x668, 58K)

what did the expert mean by this?
nose is odd...

Attached: hewastryingtowarnus.png (1437x860, 344K)

and then it was done

Attached: theyknow.png (1894x959, 63K)

Here in Europe my provider has an opt-out WiFi service for their customers. If you don't opt out you can connect to it using other customers routers, it is isolated and cable is shared anyways. So propably something like this.

so it's most likely just their to gib wifis to people and use the customer as a product?
or am i reading this wrong???
also my problem is that its Broadcasting at 90Db all through my property and my router is at 50Db but only in the house.
i feel like i've been invaded and something is going on with my net, maybe i'm being monitored or something?
FBI showed up a few months ago looking for my little brother but only asked a few questions then left....and he met with them about a week later and they asked him about some post on a forum about blowing up a mosque or something and he was like "i troled" and they we're like "heh, we had to check" and that was like 2 months ago...

Attached: images.png (221x228, 6K)

Get a decent VPN to cover your ass and hangr ISP

thats not my issue m8
i want to know what this hidden network is, why its there, who paid for it to be there, and why they have it operating on my private property behind my back and against my permission

>here in Europe you have to share your internet with strangers
you can't make this shit up

what a great cover up for what its also doing that they aren't gonna tell you.
maybe they plan on replicating peoples wifi connection and seamlessly replacing it to mitm and monitor you...both techs at our cable company my father questioned told him to change his wifi password and router password and implied they had been hacked. i put a secure password on both and set them up myself, but my father told the tech his username and password was admin admin because he didn't want to give away any info if they were actually up to something

>south america
yeah, it's not exactly hidden but you can really mess around with it
I'd put the equipment inside a faraday cage and use my own router if I really wanted to block it

*can't really mess around with it

>sensitive to wifi signals

yea what a floosy, but still he has a point in wanting to know what the hell is going on

Attached: you.png (161x141, 63K)

So that's where my ISP's million wifi hotspots came from.

mark is a fucking faggot. the kind to remind eachers about homework if the teacher forgets.

Cumcast does this you fagggot.

Its a plan to launch a future cell service that bounces off peoples home networks.

Xfinity or whatever just announced it.

so they are blatantly lying about it???
its obviously not part of my home network in any way shape or form other than the fact its physically being broadcast from my property

or put it into bridge mode and use another router not supplied by the isp?

>using isp equipment
you deserve it

dude its a fiber optic modem they have in a sealed plastic utility box outside...i had no choice in this shit

Why are you mad at us? Go higher a lawyer and sue them you americano

use your own router

>i want to know what this hidden network is, why its there, who paid for it to be there
Your ISP dumbass.
>and why they have it operating on my private property behind my back and against my permission
You are leasing their equipment, they have every right to do it. Read the fucking contract next time.

>higher

First of all, don't worry about them collecting info on you, since https will prevent that. If you want to be sure go to grc.com/fingerprints.htm and put in a small website (not Google or similar; they use multiple ssl certs). Check that your fingerprint matches the one grc shows you and if it does you're good. As far as disabling it, the only way would be to gain access to that plastic box

>mexico is behind this shit
makes sense

>modem
>router
>same thing
you don't belong here

i'm not worried about them collecting info, my shit is secure...what i am worried about is them using me as some kind of service they are selling to others

ISP's use their equipment to give free wifi to customers I use comcasts wifi all over town its in the TOS. you do read the TOS???

fuckhead that was my whole point
they arent the same thing
i have my own router, their modem is in a sealed box outside

Oh and like that guy said, it's probably not the modem that's broadcasting the signal.
Are you sure that the modem is broadcasting it?

no, i'm HIV +

Attached: v&.jpg (400x265, 79K)

Then again, you'd have to access it to disable it, it use a Faraday case like user ssid. If you are able to connect to the network you can listen to it with Wireshark and see what kind of traffic is occurring

or use*

i can't connect to it because its secured and i dont know the SSID
i did use airmon/airodump and was able to see it was 2x the strength of my home router....it was labeled (unassociated) in airodump-ng

Unironically wrap this around the box amazon.com/Shielding-Bluetooth-MILITARY-SHIELDING-CONDUCTIVE/dp/B01M294MGK/
Then report in afterwards

I had this problem as well, because when you connect to this "public" WiFi you seem to be able to get on my local network and can actually see the devices on it. This is a high security risk ofcourse.

I called them and told them to shut it down, or turn it off. And they didn't agree with me and told me I can't turn it off.

So I opened up the modem and pulled the antenna's out of there.

Sure I don't get my money back from them when I return the thing. But you're not forcing this into me.

I have my own access points thank you very much.

Something on the side. It seemed to automatically get on the same channels als my AP's and for some stupid reason it was causing issues for all wireless devices and kick them off the network.

ISP's are dicks, you're forced to go through them to get internet. I just want a reliable connection and go on the internet.

If governments weren't allowed to enforce isp monopolies you wouldn't have this issue ;^]
But keep voting Democrat sweaty

I'm not from America

Sucks

... The signal is coming from your fucking cable box?

>sensitive to WiFi signals
Oh god, here we go

i dont have a cable box. i have a phone line (which isnt in use because we dont use home phone) and a highspeed fiber optic ethernet line, its coming from a modem they have outside in a sealed plastic container with wires coming into it from underground and from a box in my house
yea that thread is from 2017 i posted it because its similar to what i am experiencing...guy was a bit nutty with that shit lol

>i'm sensitive to wifi signals
Sure, seewty.

some isp's broadcast a network that is basically one of those 'free wifi' hotspots you would see. so your isp says you can join these free hotspots at starbucks and stuff and they are starting to create a separate ssid and let home users be their own hotspot as well.

>not sensitive to wifi signals
do you have a license for that human form?

At least your modem doesn't expose a vulnerable version of Dropbear SSH on port 22 to the rest of the Internet with no option of disabling it.

I'm still using my ISP modem (a nice looking white box with their name written on it), is there a way to know if it's doing something bad? Or should i replace it anyway?