Admit it. VR is still kind of shitty

Admit it. VR is still kind of shitty.

Attached: 61vilOmXMCL._SX569_.jpg (569x331, 17K)

Yes.

wat about por n& vrchat

Just like 3D TV. Remember that shit?

It's fairly currently but has some obvious limits. High resolution screens and foveated rendering would make them pretty great. Needs more games too.

*fairly impressive currently

most people who play that game don't even use vr.

You're saying that like its somewhat controversial. Even the biggest supporters of VR would admit its shit at the moment.

Content, comfort, affordability, user experience, etc... are all shit.

I wonder why the people who spent money on VR get so mad when told that the VR fad has already passed.

Attached: 1534817853875.png (365x353, 147K)

It's not worth the price. Even at $100 it would still be too expensive.

I feel like alot of people are waiting for an affordable version of VR that doesn't have the screen door effect and is wireless.

It's got a long way to go but it's pretty damn nice for the $350 that a Rift costs on sale these days. I got one last week and I've been pretty blown away by how well it works. Some of my friends have come over to try it and were really impressed as well, one of them walked in saying he thought VR was some "janky Virtual Boy bullshit" and walked out saying it was the "coolest stupid thing I'd ever bought."

The 2080 Ti is the GPU that VR enthusiests have been waiting for.

I picked up a Windows Mixed Reality set for $160, at that price it's easily the most fun peripheral I've ever gotten for my PC.

Is it possible to make gloves that have motion trackers in all the articulating parts like knuckles? imagine the powerglove but actually usable

You're not necessarily going to have a better time traveling to somewhere either.

> poor fucks talking shit about vr

the latest vive has no noticeable screen door effect, if you couple it with a 1080 ti you are set for an amazing experience.

2080 ti should bring even more power.

I agree though that there aren't that many AAA games but there are a lot of indie ones (I got about 70 titles on steam)

Valve will be releasing controllers that have finger tracking soon.

Yes it is. If they can lower the price and make finger/body tracking integrated AND make full on games with better UI, then it won't be as shitty

all I want is to be able to use my regular desktop environment inside a headset
from what I understand the technology/resolution isn't there yet
so it's a dead product to me

Can I rig a Samsung VR to a desktop? I've had this thing since it first came out and used it all of 3 times. Looking for something interesting to do with it.

Still looking for a solution where I wear two headmounted cameras and put my GF in a VR headset so she can get a my-eye view in 3d VR while I fuck her. Any ideas? Thats the only practical application I can think of for VR.

I’m still waiting for the Yi horizon vr 180 to be released.

You're retarded.

>vivecucks
enjoy your nogaems

retarded japs are picking it up more and more, too many jav titles this year has been VR

VR is pointless until the fully immersive anime MMOs happen

3D movies in general are kinda shit.
I think the only good ones are the IMAX demo documentary movies anyway.

what is piracy + revive

It has enormous potential, but yes, currently it's kind of shitty. There's two main and one small problem. The latter is resolution, it's small because it's going to be resolved over time/next gen easily. The former two however are content and the input devices.

VR developers are fucking retarded and don't know how to make interesting games/software for VR, to be more specific they are tunnel visioning FPS type games (which are lack luster because of the other main problem) when they can reuse other genres for VR such as god games (which would perfectly fit with the input devices we have). Speaking of the other problem. the current input devices are these motion controllers (sticks), which while adequate, are not nearly good enough. They aren't the direction VR input devices should be moving towards, they should have started with gloves and started moving towards a bodysuit type of input devices.

Pic related is what we should be striving towards because that's the only path VR can become viable, the other path which is BCI tech (Brain–computer interface) isn't going to come/be good for a very long time.

Forgot to post pic.

Attached: axon-vr.jpg (969x587, 25K)