WANGBLOWS BTFO

steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561

literally almost no reason to use Windows anymore

Attached: 2018-08-22-165116_2560x1600_scrot.png (2560x1600, 488K)

Nice web rendering neckbeard

>no bloat
>somehow a bad thing

The absolute state of linux autists

Attached: 1531118357133.png (709x636, 167K)

Testing it now. Had to update all my packages because I haven't booted into Linux in months.

Wouldnt it be better to use native tools rather than some port?

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

why are you here? You clearly don't understand technology at all. And you must be completely out of sync with the true nature of any technology whatsoever.

If walls of black and white text are somehow "weeb" to you, then please, leave.

t.computer scientist

nice i3 btw. I adore mine.
How's the implementation of this cross-platform system even work? AFAIK it couldn't function for any intensive games whatsoever, unless some form of efficient software-level virtualization was created and implemented.

yes, but a lot of devs don't make games with native support for linux. and new developments with dxvk are allowing closer to metal performance in wine.

This is macos but for even bigger man children. Instead getting half a software ecosystem you only get gayms and software made by neckbeard and for neckbeard (except they will probably not let you download anything g other than gayms.

the answer seems to be in dxvk. games like Doom 2016 that support Vulkan should be able to run well.

This is amazing.

>And you must be completely out of sync with the true nature of any technology whatsoever.
>Decides to use basic text rendering.
You're the one that's completely out of sync with technology.

>>Decides to use basic text rendering.
do you have any idea what you're even talking about? The text rendering is exactly the same as any other browser (actually better, because I've enabled signed distance field rendering). The difference is that I've just set uMatrix to block all third party CSS and Javascript bloat by default. Yes, I enjoy my superior, smooth and fast web browsing experience. If a site breaks, literally two clicks allow me to enable a specific piece of javascript or css if the site needs it.

looks fucking great.

>being this fucking retarded
it's sad you aren't joking nor baiting. You are truly fucking pathetic.

ok so this is cool, it seems like I got Quake for free or something by enabling the beta steam client on linux? I've never purchased Quake but its in my library and says it runs with Steam Play

ripping all the styles out to make a nicer legible screenshot was considerate, i thought

/thread

>he can't deal with plain text

Attached: 1532664156637.jpg (588x647, 27K)

Lol what fucking modern websites can you even use properly without CSS? every site is a huge clusterfuck.

if you're that attached to your pointless pretties then go chill on one of those RGB threads. What a piece of fucking garbage. You're why every person who knows fuck all in CS is so fucking jaded. All the boomers who don't get shit about technology are one thing, but you're of the lot who has no actual understanding of any of the things you claim to. Dumbass web dev RGB gaymer faggotry.

go check out some of the websites that are full of the real deal computer scientists. Sites like the GNU foundation. Do you see any javascript? No. Of course you don't. Because people who know shit realize running javascript is fucking stupid. And because your "pretties" exist on top of a mountain of plain text on a plain background.

Plain text is not autism, it's the very fucking basis on which the computer is built. Someone being comfortable without all the flashy colors shows they've actually delved deeper into software in some form. And clearly you haven't.

You don't know fuck all, and you shouldn't be here. Leave.

I've enabled specific pieces of CSS on most websites I visit. uMatrix saves it and then I'm done. I rarely enable CSS on news websites and the like because nine times out of ten it makes the website even more of a clusterfuck because they spread the article over ten pages and fill the page with ads. For example, the article in the OP would only be able to fit half as much in the image if I had enabled CSS.

why don't you just use something like Lynx?

because I use my laptop as a daily driver at school and sometimes i need it to "just werk" without sacrificing at least some minimalism.

inb4 >lololol chrome
I use ungoogled-chromium, I know its not perfect, but its better.

oh yeah, I mean I'd have a traditional browser as a backup but lynx is nice.

So much of my daily use requires some scripts though so I barely use it unless I know I'm going to be on a website that allows it.

MUH PLAINTEXT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pngquant --nofs fagget
use it

>why are you here? You clearly don't understand technology at all. And you must be completely out of sync with the true nature of any technology whatsoever.
>
>If walls of black and white text are somehow "weeb" to you, then please, leave.
>
>t.computer scientist

Attached: tips.png (189x186, 24K)