/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 2007 ray tracing.jpg (1998x1120, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

corsair.com/us/en/obsidian-500d-case
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1430950-REG/evga_geforce_gtx_1070_ti.html
pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/L9Vw6h
pcpartpicker.com/product/pP648d/nzxt-case-cas340wbb1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The run down on RTX announcement and launch as people are going to ask:
As I predicted, they'd launch them on tech demos alone because the performance in apples to apples comparisons won't be flattering for the price they're asking.
There is at least one good real world feature, which is their new "AI" anti-aliasing, but at 4K you don't really need any aliasing or jsut light antialiasing.
All comparisons they showed were apples to orangutans. It's snakeoil and marketing.
Huangs manipualtive
>2070 is faster than the $1200 Titan Xp
is in RAYTRACING.
In current games, these new graphics cards, for their price segment, are worse than what you can currently get for that price except with the few Async Compute games.
They recently showed a relative performance benchmark, and it puts the $850 2080 as I predicted: +/- a few percent of $650 1080Ti performance.

And by the time proper ray tracing does catch on in games, these cards will surely be obsolete.
Wait until 2019 for 7nm GPUs.

Price drops on Vega 56, RX580, 1060, 1050Ti, etc, aren't expected to come since these new cards are the first time we've had a new launch which is performance for the money.
Since they aren't better performance for the money, they aren't driving the stack of GPUs beneath them down in price.
All current indications are that 2060/2050 likely won't launch until 7nm comes.

tl;dr: Apple-tier conference with leather jacket man taking the role as a snakeoil salesman

>Should I buy cards now or wait?
Historically, last gen Nvidia cards are cheapest 2 weeks after the new launch. But historically, the new generation cards are faster for the money than the previous generation. So it's hard to tell if now is best to buy before they run out of Pascal stock, or if it's best to wait until October.
It is worth noting that Pascal performance will degrade in newer games as Nvidia is finally pushing async compute, DX12, and Vulkan, which AMD GPUs supported in 2011 but Pascal does not.

>2007 ray tracing.jpg
unironically kill yourself

Regarding storage, I picked up a 280GB Optane 900P from Microcenter last week for $300. I had a matplotlib workload that would cause the computer (Linux) to lock up completely for minutes at a time. With the Optane, problem solved. Just to test, I fired up 2000 charts in a loop and while there was some chug, no lock up at all. Previously 50 charts would bring everything to a halt. Other than that, I haven't noticed much of a difference vs. the old SATA SSD I was using. Thanks for reading my blog

does anyone know? I could sell it on craigslist if its gonna be shitty, but i did get it for free

This mad that Ati was the best and beat Nvidia to the real time raytracing meme by 10 years.
Being this unable to think for yourself instead of sucking on the teet of Nvidia's marketing.

Yeah, Optane is actually nice in a way that benchmarks are hard to show. It's so low latency and so good at not throttling like those NVMemes that retards buy do.
I've been waiting for it to drop like 25% or so. Then I'll probably pick up a 480Gb or so 900P or 905P.

Not great value for money on average still, but at least actually visible real world performance differences unless NVMe over a fast SSD in more cases.

1070 will do 1440p on high-maxed settings at 60fps+ generally. Even higher on more optimized games. Though that cooler is pretty loud and hot. I'd sell it and get a better model really.

Why are you here 24/7 OP?

Reposting:
My Monitor is not getting an DVI signal from my GPU. I don't know if it's a GPU issue or a Monitor issues.

The GPU is lit up in the case, but its fans are.. twitching? Like one fan with wiggle a bit and stop, and then the other will wiggle and stop ad infinitum.
I've also tried HDMI cable from monitor to GPU and also don't have a signal. It's worth mentioning the monitor came with a drivers disc, but I don't know when I'm supposed to use that. I'd assume you use that when you get the BIOS or the OS running.
My motherboard has a red light on in it though if anyone knows what that means.

best futureproofing right now is obviously 1440p/60hz prove me wrong

How to tell on pcpartpicker if a cpu cooler is good enough for the TDP of a CPU, i dont see it anywhere

are you playing games?

if you're at 1080p it's a great card, is ok at 1440p.

Prices are low at the moment though cause of the new 2080 line, but you could bump up to 1080 for $420 which would be better if you're playing at 1440p

I had this and put the GPU in a different slot. Worked after that. I have 2 slots though.

>Though that cooler is pretty loud and hot.
i dont really mind noise too much, would my room constantly being around 61-63 degrees be beneficial to keeping it cool? Thanks, Im pretty new to this stuff

u r wrong

would it be a good card for 1080 144hz? Thanks

Mine also has two slots. I've never actually put the parts in myself.. I hope it's as easy as just unplugging it, moving it down, and hooking it back up.

1080p 144hz
1440p 60hz
you can only pick 1 (one)

its very easy, just look up videos before you do it

in that scenario, 1440p

you might play cs:go, but i guarantee you're shit at it

Shouldn't require more than that. For context, I had a Z77 Biostar board that always caused trouble. Video card worked fine for a while then one day, it just didn't. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get any signal despite the light being on and the fans twitching. Pulled it out, stuck it in the second slot and it fired right up. I guess the first slot just went bad somehow. Good luck

I saw them put it in so it shouldn't be that difficult. Just unplug it all, open the slots up and slot it in, then rehook it, right?

yep

ya pretty much, be gentle when lining it up and youll be fine

why not 1440p 144hz and a used 1080ti? Win win all around

Hello. I'm considering upgrading my rig. My current build is a bit old, from 2014.
ASUS VS247H-P 24"
Intel I7 3820 3.6 GHz
ASUS P9X79 LE
GTX 660 Ti
Thermaltake Smart Series 850W

I've had some issues with the motherboard so replacing that is a must. Also want a new GPU. I'm thinking of either a 1060 or 1070Ti (which I found a sale for). I think the CPU would be fine with the 1060, not sure about with a 1070Ti though. What do you guys recommend?

>used 1080ti
do people really do this

Makes me happy when people enjoy their nice new build.

Cold ambient temps does help computer temps, yep.
Not in all games, but yes it'd be fine for lots.
Personally, I don't like 144hz without Gsync or Freesync, though. Especially so with an IPS monitor, and I don't like TN. Others swear it's fine.

1440p 75hz.

Because I'm not going do do 1440p 144hz on a non-IPS monitor and Gsync IPS monitors are all inferior to the Freesync offerings.

Your CPU should still be fine with a 1070Ti, especially in 1440p.

Should I get the R5 2600 or the R5 2600X? Will either of them bottleneck a 1060 3GB?

I was just told full towers are better (easier) for water cooling compared to a mid. As someone who has never water cooled and only has a mid case, is this true? I am planning on a new build for gaming/programming and I am torn between a mid and full case. I would like to have a lot of options for the future.

Attached: 1534951070364.png (352x315, 260K)

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to do a Mini ITX build. I don't mind the temps and no overclocking. I just want that small form factor bros.
Does anyone know what are some top tier Mini ITX cases?

>Will either of them bottleneck a 1060 3GB?
Lmao? They won't even bottleneck a 1080 at 1080p.
I'd normally recommend the 2600X because XFR2 is simply better than a manual all-core OC, and it comes with a better cooler, but lately the 2600 has been much cheaper. So get 2600 if it's more than 15% cheaper and you're comfortable overclocking it yourself.

You can do water cooling in anything larger than like 12 liters, m8. Don't get memed into a stupidly large case.

Attached: parvum r1 build ruby.jpg (2048x1536, 1.14M)

Wasn't too bad, but I'm still not getting a signal from the GPU to the Monitor.
Any other ideas?

Again there's a red light that's lit up on the motherboard. Could that be something?

It might be over for the GPU. Maybe if you had a different computer to test it in. Try to isolate if the problem is the motherboard or the card. Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

Silverstone rvb or whatever is super nice.
And the upcoming refresh of their old FT-03 mini. I forget what they're calling the new one.

I've seen this twitching fans shit on an EVGA 1070 before, but I forgot what the problem was.
>monitor driver disk
Probably for freesync? You don't need them just for the PC to boot lmao, right, no.

Are you sure the power connector to the GPU is working? Do LED lights on the GPU come on, assuming it has any? Have you tried a video output other than the DVI?
And post pictures of the back and inside of the PC.

just think about the space you need for all the memes like radiators, pumps, reservoirs, etc

I don't plan on OC since this is my first PC. Don't want to fuck up

I can't really speak from experience, but I would imagine considering the size of water cooled setups, they're probably just harder to fit inside of mid size cases, but do your homework, I'm sure you could find a mid sized case that you could get your water cooler into

I have a mid-tower and watercooling with an AIO 240mm radiator was a breeze. Between nvme slots for storage and optical drives becoming obsolete, big cases are becoming more and more of a meme.

I know having your frame rate higher than your refresh rate causes screen tearing, but theres no downside to having your frame rate lower than your refresh rate, right? im retarded

I found this one, advertised as being good for water cooling. I have liked Corsair cases/products in the past, thoughts on this one?

corsair.com/us/en/obsidian-500d-case

Water cooling is not a must, just a possible future plan. I don't play cutting edge games often, but speed is always nice and I like to putz.

Find a flaw

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 7.48.17 PM.png (1916x1290, 971K)

>I've seen this fan twitch shit on an EVGA 1070 before
It is an EVGA 1070

>Are you sure the power connector to the GPU is working?
Yes. The letters on the side are lit up, and I've felt the GPU when moving it and it's a little warm, so I know it's getting power.

>Have you tried a video output other than the DVI?
Yes. I've tried both the DVI ports - one on the GPU, the other in the CPU and neither worked
I've also tried hooking up an (relatively old but still working) HDMI cable to the monitor and to the GPU and had no luck.

I will link pictures.

perfect budget choice for fast paced competitive games

>As someone who has never water cooled and only has a mid case, is this true?
Did they explain how it's better? I mean it has more space length and width wise, but 360mm support is 360mm support.

Should work just fine. Says you can fit a 280mm radiator in the top which is a good place for it since you want to exhaust the hot air up. And 280 is plenty for overclocking 8700k to 5GHz (not sure about Ryzen but I'm sure it's fine). You'll have plenty of room for any motherboard, any AIO cooler, all your drives, etc. Anything more is pointless unless you have very specific needs.
>t. just built a computer last week with a similar setup and it just werks

>AMD monitor
theres the flaw

Ok. May as well spend the extra and get the 2600X then. It's still cheap for the power you get even if it's less value at the moment than the 2600.

I bought a fairly large ATX tower in 2011, the Corsair 500R or something. 52L IIRC.
That was RIGHT as 2.5" drives where becoming the norm and HDDs were getting massive and cheap so you didn't need 5 of them anymore.
Regret the fuck out of that.
You can even get mATX NAS cases which are only around 25L and hold like 10 3.5" drives.
Anything larger than 40L now days is generally retarded. And really more around 30L is generally the ideal.

There are roughly 30L cases which support 2x 240mm or I believe even 280mm radiators.

>find a flaw
Not IPC.
Bezels are thick for a TN.
For $100 more you can get the Mbest 1440p 144hz AHVA(IPS) which is only 3ms response time and 1.5ms input lag.
That monitor is decent though.

Yeah I deal with so many computers sometimes that I forget some of these idiosyncrasies.
It might have actually been dead PCIe on a board as I may have returned that board that they were in.

On some motherboards, you can put the GPU in the non-primary slot. Try that.
Also try a different 8 pin power connector.

280mm is pretty much the same as 360mm.
A little quieter and only 10% less cooling area. Thick 280mm is objectively better than a slightly thinner 360mm.
Then you have 200x200m which is the best, but few cases support it now days and ones that did support it were kind of meh. Ideally a 200x200mm (or larger) radiator would be behind the motherboard, or it should be angled from the front so the case isn't as thick.

Ryzen 2600 is on sale here, should I pull the trigger? the thermals and the need for high speed ram kinda make me want to go with the other choice, the i5 8600k, thoughts?

Would doing a mini itx build for my first pc be bad? I've been trying to do research on it but theres so much information lacking on what boards to get and how much throttling I will be getting

explain user, I was planning on getting the 2600. What's wrong with it

I may go with the 1070Ti but this >I've seen this fan twitch shit on an EVGA 1070 before
>It is an EVGA 1070
Makes me a bit worried. Could I have an issue like that with the Ti? bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1430950-REG/evga_geforce_gtx_1070_ti.html
What can you recommend for a motherboard?

Photos

Attached: 70A620BC-B8C0-45B1-8172-DDDD8219E94E.jpg (3264x2448, 1.8M)

Also
Try >On some motherboards, you can put the GPU in the non-primary slot
I have a similar issue with my 660Ti and motherboard. I inserted the card into the secondary slot and the DVI signal issue stopped occurring.

Not sure if this one is helpful but..

Attached: 98432F9C-75BE-47DC-8139-AD197403C4D2.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

As for thermals, the ryzen chips run a little bit toasty from what I've seen online, I've seen thermals from about 65C to the mid 90s which is kinda hotter than I'd like my processor to be, and it's well known that you need high speed ram to get the most out of it, 3200mhz is the standard for ryzen

Last one

Attached: 1A08F3D9-2FFA-4EF8-8F3A-98452B55D420.jpg (3264x2448, 2.64M)

>Because I'm not going do do 1440p 144hz on a non-IPS monitor and Gsync IPS monitors are all inferior to the Freesync offerings.
Why not? IPS shits over TN. And you're SOL if you want Freesync 1440p 144hz, no gaymd cards can run it at those settings, not like the 1080ti. Shut the FUCK up namefag

What I meant is IPS monitors with 1440p 144hz and goysync are easily available, what's stopping you from doing it on them? Apart from AMD fanboyism

>Would doing a mini itx build for my first pc be bad?
Not at all if it meets your needs.
>I've been trying to do research on it but theres so much information lacking on what boards to get and how much throttling I will be getting
So your GPU/CPU is running at 100%?
Just make sure you get a more breathable case and not like the node 202.

No, it's not a general issue you should commonly experience. It could happen to anyone. I'm sure it could possibly happen on an AMD GPU as well.

I don't even remember if it was some sort of flaw in the EVGA GPU that caused the problem, or if it just happened to make a weird "tell" with the fans that wouldn't show on other GPUs in a similar situation. It could have been a good thing for all I remember.

>What can you recommend for a motherboard?
I don't know anything about those old Intel motherboards.
Only Intel CPU I had was an i5-2500k and a old core 2 duo.

>thermals
What the fuck? 2600 is massively higher perf/watt than the 8600k.
>ram
You need fast RAM with the 8600k to get the most of it. Makes no difference.
With Bdie on Ryzen you get around 9-14% higher FPS. On an 8600k it's like 7-11%. Not as big of a difference, but still a big enough difference to be worth getting the faster RAM.

Source..? Sounds dodgy as fuck and goes against many sources and credible tests as well as just physics.
Ryzen is soldered and has higher perf/watt. Intel CPUs use TIM and has lower perf/watt.

That inside one doesn't show shit. Need a wider angle showing the ENTIRE inside.
>0
You really need to try the HDMI or display port connection.

OH. Did you plug the 4pin or 8pin aux power connector into the motherboard, and not just the 24pin?

>Why not? IPS shits over TN
That's what I said? Reread it before you BTFO yourself like that.

I don't have a display port cable. and I told you that I also already tried HDMI.
Again I've not even gotten to BIOS and this is my first time ever doing a PC build. I don't even know if I entirely skipped a step or something.

And the 4 or 8 pin? Picture?

>4 or 8 pin
Aren't all DVI's 8 pin? I don't think I have anything other than an 8 pin.

>Thick 280mm is objectively better than a slightly thinner 360mm.
Right, but both a mid tower and full tower case (generally speaking) can hold thick rads. I mean my Define S has too much room and that's mid tower. Not sure why you're bringing up thick vs thin when both can handle it. I haven't seen any mainstream 200mm rads. Who even makes that? I have enough trouble finding 420mm.

I think the main advantage for full tower is more space for HDD, SSDs and a cd drive.

The power connector. And fucking picture that shows the entire inside of the case. You're making it really difficult to help you.

Better picture
Also I just read your thing again, I didn’t put this together. Someone else did so you’ll need to spesify what you are talking about. I’m tech illiterate.

Attached: 1576C764-5B2F-4645-AE3F-83FA788F0855.jpg (3264x2448, 2.52M)

>Source..?
Just searched google for "ryzen 2600 temps" and seen many complaints, do you recommend the 2600 for another 4 years, mainly for gaming and emulators (rpcs3)?

currently have an r3 1200 and a 1060 6gb that I built last year
there's a 1080 on sale for $320
should I buy it?
I don't plan to upgrade cpu until Zen2 comes out and my monitor is 1080p 60hz, but fuck it's a good deal

Have a 3440x1440 monitor on a 1080 right now. Should I dump the 1080 and get a new 1080ti for $500?

Look at actual data.

The 2600 uses the same as the 8600k stock despite having twice the threads and having far more total CPU performance as a result.
You can get them to consume a lot of power with high voltage when overclocking, but that's something different.

>Just searched google for "ryzen 2600 temps" and seen many complaints
BECAUSE fucking speccy doesn't show the temperature right.

Your 8 pin power connector the top left is not plugged in. Plug that in.
TURN IT OFF FIRST. Then plug it in. Then turn it on.
There is only one type of plug that can plug in there. It'll be 4+4 pins matched together on one cord.

Also I hope you didn't pay someone to do this and they did cable management that bad.

Attached: Power_05.png (1338x1436, 78K)

where are you finding the 2600 on sale user? I can't find anything of that sort.

From some threads I'm reading, I'm seeing some shit that my current BIOS is not compatible with my CPU.

It was a friend I know. They're fairly knowledgeable but I guess they've not dealt with highend parts before. they mostly fix up and sell back.

I think I found the cable. It's an 8pin with two 4 pins on it though. Is that correct? If so, which port do I plug it in on the power supply?

Spanish amazon, it's going for 165 Euros

I also found an 8pin with a 3 and 2 pin at the end.
worht mentioning that the 8pin and the two 4 pins have 'CPU' written on them.

Why are there so many good freesync monitors for AMD but so little good monitors for gsync
i have a 1070 ffs

Attached: download (9).jpg (225x224, 8K)

ok bros do I need to equip a wifi card to my pc or does the mobo ever have one

Depends on the motherboard. Check their websites to see if it comes with one.

Consult your PSU manual. It'll tell you where it plugs in. They are different for each PSU manufacturer. Sometimes the PSU has label on it like "CPU AUX" or "MOBO AUX".
Yes, like I said it's a 4+4 pin.

>From some threads I'm reading, I'm seeing some shit that my current BIOS is not compatible with my CPU.
Uh isn't it a B450? That should work with any Ryzen CPU.

I've seen the 2600 at like $165 for like 2 weeks whereas the 8400 has been up at $195. Did you try froogle, or did the sales end?

Because people will buy those substandard garbage monitors as it's their only choice.
Freesync being free makes for more competition and better products.

I mean just look at the people in these threads that defend how shitty the Gsync monitor choicse are.
>Haha I got 10 more fps who cares that it's laggy, ghosts, and looks worse
As long as they have people to shill for them like that and buy this garbage, they don't need to make it better.

No guts thread right now, so I guess I'll throw this here, since I just got it together a few hours ago. I love how easy cable management is in this NZXT.

Ignore the CPU temp in Speccy, it's fucked up with Ryzen. It's actually running around 35c and hasn't gotten over 60 according to HWmonitor.

Attached: pcspeccy082218.jpg (1600x723, 783K)

pls respond

>flipped PSU
>no CPU power cable in
>CPU cooler with AMD logo towards ram slot
>1 6 pin GPU power cable + 2pin from another GPU power cable

pls be a bait, otherwise all of my hope in human intelligence will be lost

Attached: 1528249174689.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

>Ignore the CPU temp in Speccy, it's fucked up with Ryzen.

Attached: 1496623851575.jpg (351x329, 16K)

>using speccy
no excuses retard

6 pin GPU power cable + 2pin from another GPU power cable
Wait I just noticed the two cables. Wtf.
Isn't 1 of the 2 pins usually ground? That could be bad.
And the flipped PSU as well.. maybe the case doesn't have an intake under it? It should though. It looks fairly modern.
>CPU cooler with AMD logo towards ram slot
kek.
That said, I hate the way the cooler fan cable is wrapping around like that.

Is it still hard to get a window 10 copy or can I still get it through other means

I see where i plugs in, and it says it needs 8 pin, but I don't know what the other end of the cable should be or where it connects to the Power Supply.
Yes, I looked at the manual, no it did not explain in further detail.

These are the cables I found.

Attached: CF38F6AF-9BF3-4601-8564-C151FEBBD430.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

>Wait I just noticed the two cables. Wtf.

beats me
It must be bait, I don't believe someone would purposely stick it like that when there's literally 6+2pin cable specifically to stick it into 8 PIN
it's like I can hear that rig scream in agony and there is absolutely nothing I can do

Attached: 1520718903861.png (894x719, 807K)

Oh fuck, I just noticed the RAM speed, I've got 3200 in here and it was running it at 2133 for some reason. Fixed.

>no excuses retard
What else is better for an easily screenshotable spec sheet, though? I'll happily use something else if there's a better option.

I would. I have a 1070 with those resolutions and it struggles in 1440p with a 144 refresh rate. Bought a 1080ti for $599 so I'm waiting on that. Have no intention for 4k gaming at the moment so it seemed like a steal to me.

The CPU fan actually doesn't fit if I make it go the other way. It was the first thing I tried doing myself and I guess that's fucking wrong too. I don't know what the guy did with the cables so that's all gibberish to me.

time to take literally everything out carefully and start from scratch user, have fun

pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/L9Vw6h

Alright bros, what should I change, the networking card threw me off the price but I think I might manage.
Anything else I need?

Attached: custom.jpg (1248x1094, 137K)

I've no fucking idea what to do. This motherboard instruction manual doesn't tell me shit.

what case user

start looking up tutorials, lots of them, then ask us questions
itll be a learning experience user, cause your shit is fucked up

Not him but I am planning to use this case too

pcpartpicker.com/product/pP648d/nzxt-case-cas340wbb1

>>Why not? IPS shits over TN
>That's what I said? Reread it before you BTFO yourself like that.
you missed the post after that one where I clarified that you can play 1440p 144hz games on IPS, and you went on about how goysync is inferior to freesync but at 1440p 144hz you can't play anything with a vega that a 1080ti won't do better at, so freesync is a meme until AMD gets their shit together.

just don't panic, you didn't brake anything, yet
undo what you did
and think twice before you give it a second try

>what else is better than easily readable WRONG INFORMATION
Correct information.

Not a fan of the case.
Don't see why you wouldn't go mATX.
I'd get the 2800 @ 1.2v 2x4Gb kit, I think it's all G.Skill, and manually overclock it as I'm pretty sure it's Samsung E-Die and it's also like $5-$10 cheaper.
Gammax 400 isn't worth $29. You can often get an H7 for that. Usually the 400 is like $20... or is it costing you more for white? Whatever then.
You can generally get a gold PSU for that cost.
If you want ASUS wifi, why not get an ASUS board with built in wifi?

I mean I already hit post before he posted that. And what he added is retarded. The Goysync 1440p monitors are worse. I'd rather have a better monitor. I change GPU more often than I change monitor.

Console pleb who mainly played on ps4/360 for the past few years, Im planning on getting a 1080 monitor with 144hz, is it absolutely necessary to get gsync? i heard vsync sucks fucking dick

Attached: Wd5mkrGa_400x400.jpg (201x201, 9K)

I didn't do anything, user. Someone else put it together. I don't know fucking anything about this.
But if I'm guessing right, the GPU is fine where it is.
I don't plan on getting anymore RAM so the CPU and the cooler is fine where it is. The Drives also seem fine where they are but I don't know if I should take them out or not to work on shit.

I can ballpark a guess on what might need doing, but these cords are fucking terrifying. I don't know where to begin with them or what goes where.