Got a job offer today

>technician
>64k/year
>education board

celebrate with me g

Attached: 1504990975912.jpg (640x533, 78K)

congrats dude. honestly.

Attached: 1531108235546.png (477x477, 176K)

I got my offer for $70k last Monday. I start next week. We're gonna' make it lads.

thanks mang

grats fellow g'er

Attached: 1487212253109.png (490x550, 524K)

gratz

Attached: 57c.jpg (857x1202, 270K)

what kind of technician?

What state and how did you get the job?

Fucking kill yourself, you disgusting blogposter.

It's literally double my pay. No more being poor. I can finally save. I might even invest in crypto.

Salty and jobless. Sad!

been working my first software engineering job out of school since april. welcome to the club user, congratz

Congrats user, that's a pretty comfy wage.
Start investing now so you will eventually free yourself from the employment jew.

network

not in US, thats all I'm willing to say, already worked as a peon for a college, but was paid less and had no opportunity for improving, I wasn't even allowed to flip a port on a switch, learning anything meant stepping on someone elses toes

> 64k
> saving

rent 1500
utilities 150
food 600
car plus insurance 600
internet 100
private health insurance 600
gas 250
girlfriend ? add $300 of random expenses

you are left with around $250-300 a month after taxes. Good luck trying to do anything with 250 a month.

Why is this so hard I literally went back to school for this degree

Well done.

I hate that you need a degree to make it anywhere nowadays

>food 600
you fat fuck

Congrats on the job user, mind explaining the path you took? I don't want to work at Costco anymore, and Im trying to go back to school right now but I've been having a week long panic attack about the different options I have. I honestly just want to to kill myself even though I know I'm doing better than I have been on a long time.

he probably just doesn't know how to cook and eats out everyday.

Buy a house. Crypto could evaporate, a home wont. (Unless you live near one of the Cali Fires)

>that budget

Attached: 1510719025569.png (1000x1000, 1.01M)

op here, i dont have a degree, its connections that matter

He has to be a real lardass to hit $20/day. That's like 3 fast food meals a day

no you fuck face, in the us healthy food is expensive. Chicken, meat, good greens etc

>Congrats on the job user, mind explaining the path you took? I don't want to work at Costco anymore, and Im trying to go back to school right now but I've been having a week long panic attack about the different options I have. I honestly just want to to kill myself even though I know I'm doing better than I have been on a long time.

go back to school but take a 3 year program, you don't need a degree though, an engineering technology diploma is good. You NEED connections/references.

I used to work at a large tech company you've heard of that laid people off. I was in hardware and all that moved to China, so after sending 50 resumes somehow I ended up as an IT tech at a college, then from there after 4 years I applied to a different place where I got my offer. Its not easy.

Ah well then congrats then. Hope I get lucky one of these days.

name one thing that is unrealistic there.

That's pretty bad... you should get help fixing your budget.

Same here user, no degree or certs just have connections, also working education as a tech.

It's not unrealistic.. for someone who doesn't care about saving money on a low income.

>1500 rent
>600 food
>600 car
>250 gas

Fuck man, where do you live? My costs are a half to a third of that.

Attached: 1512814876106.png (466x490, 36K)

cannot lower car payments
cannot lower rent
cannot get cheaper quality health insurance
gas, lets say you lower it to 200 a month which is 50 a week.

all you can realistically control is your food intake and maybe expenses with girlfriend (not going out).

>He became a wagie

How the fuck are you spending 250 a month on gas? 600 for a fucking car? 600 for health insurance? Your shit is all fucked here

my point is, 64k is not good money, you have to restrain yourself a lot if you want to save something.

thanks

Attached: 1482453802908.gif (100x99, 49K)

64k can be supremely comfy depending on where you live.

>private health insurance 600
Usually employers give this

>help bring me to McDonald's for the third time today so I can buy their garden fresh (tm) salad

Attached: absolute_unit.webm (1280x720, 1.5M)

bro i live on fucking 12k a year
just move to iowa lmao

EU (prices in euro):
rent 300 (including light + water)
utilities ? what is this
food 150
car + ins 0 because public transport
transport 70 (unlimited bus pass)
internet 20
health insurance 0
gas 0
girlfriend 0

>millenial budgets
maybe you spend less on avacado health insurance and put more into your 401k!

Attached: 1534469148370.png (680x585, 245K)

50 dollars a week for gas is unrealistic ?
what if you live 50 miles from work (one way) ?

600 for car. 300 for car payments and 300 for insurance.

good private health insurance can even go higher than 600 dollars.

>utilities ? what is this
utilities is electric, water, internet, garbage, that sort of thing

Shut the fuck up, I know rich people in the bay area who spend ~$9 on food a day per person.

>NEET for 2 years
>Never went to college
>only ever done manual labor and retail wageslaving
>going to be 28 in a month
>family and friends keep telling me to do something with my life
>Interviews terrify me and I don't want to do anything anymore except browse the internet
>I seriously can't even remember if I ever had dreams or goals in the first place

Attached: 1507824566821.jpg (500x365, 74K)

>300 for insurance
how the fuck does this happen to you
how the fuck do you pay 250 for gas
i go 400 miles on $60 in a crossover thats 13 years old
i pay $50 in insurance
what the fuck did you do wrong

>rent 1500
get a room mate or a girlfriend

lol americans

>gas 250
are you a hummer fag or something?

Attached: ok then.gif (499x210, 4K)

OP here, my current budget based on my current income (52k/year) plus my wifes income:

4 Week Net Income
ME 2,646.00 (net of current 52k income)
WIFE 497.00 (net of current income)
Monthly Expenses
Mortgage 1,347.24
Hydro 140.00
Water 89.58
Sewage 49.00
Union Gas 67.00
Water Heater 20.00
Groceries 300.00
Car Repair 100.00
Gas 200.00
CAA 8.12
Car Insurance 212.76
House Insurance 92.22
Cell Phone 56.50
Pills 10.00
TV 3.00
Internet 51.00
VOIP Phone 6.50
Family Gifts 30.00
Bank Debit Fee 10.00
Sprinker Winterisation 7.00
Gym 10.00
Haircuts 25.00
Lawn Upkeep 10.00

Buy a car with cash that gets good gas mileage. There is absolutely no reason you should be spending almost 1000 a month for a fucking car that's ridiculous. Please tell me it's at least a fun car to drive and not something like a fucking 2016 Camry

Live in the US so prices are burger bucks

>rent 650 (includes water and refuse)
>electric 80
>heat 30 (atm come winter it's usually ~70)
>food 200
>motorcycle 230 (payments and insurance)
>car 100 (just insurance)
>gas 100 (comfy motorcycle fuel economy)
>internet 40

Alternatively get a car that's shit on gas but you can go HAM with, like a Mustang GT or something. If you're gonna pay out the ass on insurance anyway get your money's worth. Also where the fuck do you live that's you're paying 600 a month for health insurance? Do you have diabetes or some shit?

I used to live 50 miles from work. I was spending 25 dollars every 2 days to fill up the tank.

> $50 insurance.
In the US private health insurance is expensive. probably your employer pays for it or you live in EU.

>Paying for haircuts with while living with significant other
Howdy gramps

car insurance is $50
im under 26 so i am on my parents' health insurance

im bald, its for my wifes occasional hair appts

> According to eHealthInsurance, for unsubsidized customers in 2016, "premiums for individual coverage averaged $321 per month while premiums for family plans averaged $833 per month. The average annual deductible for individual plans was $4,358 and the average deductible for family plans was $7,983."

>paying $1500 for rent and lives 50 miles away from work

Are you living in downtown San Fran to commute to some suburb? I hope this is all bait since you budgeting is laughable

Were you an SUV cuck?

$50 dollars for full coverage?
I dont think an under 26 will get cheap car insurance. Actually its more expensive for younger people.

I guess I take it back
Being bald truly is the god tier of hair styles

Setting aside finances for a second congrats on your job OP I hope you get what you want from networking

Insurance is cheap as fuck with no speeding tickets or no at-fault accidents. I'm 24 and I pay $300 per year to insure my Chevy Cruze 2012.

probably paid about $120 in the last 12 years for haircuts due to being skinhead

just need to replace clippers every so often

not really, it was a regular sedan. you'll consume half a tank after 2 days of 100+ miles per day. Since I like having it full, I was putting around 25 every 2 days.

Honestly interviews aren't so bad when you rehearse the shit out of basic questions (monster.com is your friend). I have no degree or certs but landed a full time administrator position at a college because I studied the interview questions to death. Seriously user live and breath that shit for a week or two and you'll get something I believe in you.

>tfw $1,400 CAD to insure 2016 corolla

but at least my health insurance is no cost lel

Attached: flags of canada and ontario.jpg (640x509, 161K)

what company ? is it full coverage ?

FULL coverage starts at $180 around my area.

You're either a new driver or a bad driver, sorry bro

Where I live it's super cheap to insure vehicles, I pay about the same for my 03 forester but my motorcycle is fucking ridiculous it's about 240 a month for six month coverage

lol wtf,

rent i can understand in CA,

but 600 for car plus insurance no way,

100 for internet, try $50 for 60mbps

private health insurance, is not 600, hell through work it would be more like $200 to 300

>full coverage
i paid 2500 for the car, full coverage would be a waste of money

It isn't actually.

2 Sausage egg mcmuffins is ~5.50
Noodles & company + drink is ~12

>Literally my every day meal because I work 10 hour days delivering packages and ice machines at work are always out from the previous shift.
>No way in hell am I risking bringing a sandwich that will sit in my hot truck for hours

The fuck else am I supposed to eat? Chips?

never even had a speeding ticket and i'm in my 30s

welcome to ontario

> but 600 for car plus insurance no way,
> its impossible to pay 300-350 a month in car payments + full coverage insurance because I said so

> 100 for internet, try $50 for 60mbps
fast internet starts at 60 dollars (200+ mb/s)

>private health insurance, is not 600, hell through work it would be more like $200 to 300
if your employer doesnt pay shit youll have to pay out of your pocket nigga, it IS between 300 and 700 dollars depending on the type of coverage and deductible you agree to.

Go insurance shopping. Went from ~350/6 months with absolute bottom tier coverage to ~215/6 months with 300k/100k coverage.

>1500 rent
>600 on food
>250 on gas
>truck driver
It all makes sense that cleetus cant make good life choices

Wat
Dude just use NHS private is not much better

>no you fuck face, in the us healthy food is expensive. Chicken, meat, good greens etc
this meme needs to die

Attached: cheap_groceries.jpg (450x629, 78K)

$64000 income is $5333 per month.

Even with your ridiculous bills you still have $1233 left over.

When I was making that in my non-tech job, I was saving $2000-$3000/month

> unironically buying great value
have fun with cancer.

> not knowing the difference between net vs gross income

64k gross a year is not 5333 per month

Living gives you cancer.

Attached: proofs.png (382x491, 124K)

>19.95 kfc meal

or

>3.99 milk
>2.99 peas
>1.99 beans
>3 50 cent peaches
>2.99 lb of corn
>5 dollar sack of potatoes
>4 dollar fucking cottage cheese
>5 dollar yogurt
>motherfucking TWO BOXES of 8 dollar chicken breast

45.46 you son of a bitch count it
>45.46
>45.46
>45.4 fucking 6

I would rather pay 50 bucks for the raw ingredients and then cook them myself than eating that disgusting KFC slop

where the fuck do you shop, whole foods? those prices are way too high

did you just take the prices and then double them and get mad about it
i could literally go buy all of this shit at these prices right now
stop shopping at whole foods

great value is the cheapest most processed shit you can find out there.

Con fucking grats dude

You are gonna make it

Attached: 1457308835768.gif (320x240, 247K)

no it's not, that's just a meme, great value is an independent brand, it's not run by wally world

Land of the free

Okay this is dumb. Here's my personal breakdown:

rent 650
utilities 50 because I got an apartment that includes things like water and internet since I'm not a dumb fuck
food 200 because I'm not a fat fuck and I know how to cook
car plus insurance 150 since my car is paid off because I'm not a vain fuck
private health insurance 0 because I have it through my employer
gas 20 because I intentionally live in an area I can walk which is cheaper, healthier, and more relaxing
girlfriend ? add $100 on enriching fun activities and realize that you can have fun without spending $10 a day on a woman

you are left with around $3200 a month after taxes. Good luck trying to do anything with 3200 a month /s

2 pounds of chicken is not 1.96 dollars in any part of the usa

Eurocuck here. This numbers are pretty accurate. Moving soon and for now my expenses goes like:

>Utilities
Around 50 buckos. Includes Water and Electricity
>Internet
Around 50 bucks with 500/500
>Food
I expect it to be between 50 and 100
>Rent
700 because I will be living in the very center itself.

All in all the worst case I will have would be 900 out of 1500 I'm making after taxes. How is this people spending 600 fucking dollars on food.

Okay, fair, that is the price per pound for chicken
The rest of it is correct, though

I just bought boneless chicken breast for 99 cents a pound in Seattle and you're telling me it's not possible to be cheaper anywhere else? Holy shit this is what happens when you have parents that only buy fast food and microwave diners, you get kids that don't know know how to cook or grocery shop

yes it is if you catch some good sales. personally I'm vegan and eat things like beans and nuts which are significantly cheaper sources of protein than murdered animals

Attached: meat-vs-vege.jpg (700x486, 115K)

> durr my personal situation is the norm