>tfw spent 6 years on XFCE because everyone said KDE is """heavy"""

don't believe the hype my dudes

Attached: penguin bloon.jpg (1250x833, 79K)

it installs fucking VLC so random system utilities can make obnoxious sounds

dude those sounds are comfyyyy, have you heard the kde 4 sounds? makes the experience so much nicer imo, i miss when computers made noise

>2018 and still not using LXQT

"i have down syndrom": the post

fuck you

KDE will always be the best DE.

but XFCE looks comfy anyway so what's the big loss?

I always liked KDE over XFCE, it looks way better.

>inb4 some nerd whines about bloat

uh, just use the gstreamer backend?

will only be relevant when it can into wayland and pcmanfm-qt doesn't remember sort for some reason

Having KDE without bloat is really simple. Just install your distro without a DE then install the base of KDE plasma. It comes with no extra utilities, so you can just manually download the ones you want. This coupled with disabling shit like bluetooth and device managment sheds a lot of weight off KDE. It'll still be hard on RAM, but personally I've never gone much higher than 4GB on my Debian install running KDE even when I have a bunch of tabs open. I would only ever go XFCE if you only have 4GB RAM or if you just prefer it over KDE. It certainly has nicer panel managment.

I don't understand the people who complain about the "bloat" that kde has, I never hit more than a gig of ram on start up, if I do a minimal install its at 500mb...

i3

Have you tried embracing the Akonadi botnet? is really comfy, specially on openSuse with KDE Connect on your phone. It evens tricks programs into using kwallet instead of gnome keyring.

Early plasma versions would leak a lot of memory until your system crashed, but is all daijoubu now.

*krashes*

Are there seriously people, who rather listen to some random shitposting strangers on the internet than test the few DEs in existence and settle on the one they like most?

I do on an old laptop of mine. Still not quite on par with LXDE, but they are getting there.

It is, but KDE is a order of magnitude more comfy than XFCE
380 MB Kubuntu cold start checking in
Yes, I was one of them

Attached: pikachu-cheek.gif (360x240, 176K)

KDE is all right, but it has the problem that Akonadi is really only usable with PostgreSQL. Try MATE and LXQt, too.

I'd praise KDE if it didn't start using >150% CPU everytime I lock my screen for >5 min until I killall plamashell && kstart plasmashell.

KDE was heavier - when that was relevant like a decade ago.

Im waiting for the Kiss of canonical to be official before i migrate from LXDE

Meanwhile I'll never use KDE because of this bullshit right here.

Attached: muh_kde_diversity.png (587x510, 351K)

So what do you use?

Attached: Screenshot_20180823-144222.png (1080x1920, 263K)

Not a DE.

if you're still using DEs in 2018 just get windows my dude

I didn't say anything about whether or not you should use a DE, just that i3 is not a DE.

they say everything is heavy because they use DEs and WMs that only use like 20mb of ram. You can run plasma 5 on a total of 1gb reasonably comfortably.

sorry youre too toxic to use the greatest de

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 848K)

i3 is a DE

As of kde 5.13 the ram usage is on part with MATE and like 75% less than gnome.
And that's with everything like kde wallet and akondi running. Fuck off

Xubuntu and puppy.