Hey Jow Forums, I'm at my wits ends here. I built a pic in winter 2015, intel i5 6600, msi rx 480, supernova gold 550...

Hey Jow Forums, I'm at my wits ends here. I built a pic in winter 2015, intel i5 6600, msi rx 480, supernova gold 550, can't remember the old Board but have upgraded since to a gigabyte mobo, one HD. My computer keeps restarting while I'm playing games on it, but it never gets to a very high temp. I'll start something like monster hunter worlds for example, and it'll tune totally fine, 60fps 1080p on Ned settings, but after playing for 3-5 minutes my computer hard resets. It shuts instantly off and starts the boot process again with no error messages or anything, even when I get back into windows. I never get this if I unplug the graphics card and run of integrated GPU, but today I replaced the rx with a fresh, never opened 1060 and had the same issue, so the graphics card is not the issue. I'm incredibly fucking frustrated at this cause games is literally 90% of what I do (neet) where the fuck do I go from here? So far, the mobo has been replaced, the graphics card has been replaced, I personally have tested the ram multiple times, and I tested the PSU using a meter and it was fine. I am in the process of taking the whole this apart and putting it back together after cleaning it rn so phone posting.

Help me Jow Forums, you're my only hope.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowsinstructed.com/access-windows-error-logs-windows/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438146
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bad RAM or bad PSU most likely. Run with single sticks in different slots and test stability.

I tested the ram and the PSU, I only run with a single 8gb ddr4 stick, corsaire vengeance

Are you overclocked? Had you been playing world fine or did the problems just start?

I'm not overclocking anything, and the problems starting in like, spring of this year, it wasn't a huge issue then cause I wasn't as into gaming as I am now, but I used to play stuff like shadow of war and fallout 4 with no issues, but now they act the same as world, I can hardly play any games at all without it hard resetting, as long as the graphics card is in it. I can play assassins creed 2 on lower settings using the integrated GPU, and it never crashes

Only time I've run into symptoms like that, it was actually a bad RAM slot. Could be software if it only does it in one specific game. Also drivers, could try older versions, or even a previous version of Windows.

Problem is either ram or graphic card.
Check error logs too, you never know:
windowsinstructed.com/access-windows-error-logs-windows/

and what temp does the cpu reach? what are you using to measure it?

You said you tested the PSU with a meter, but you don't know for sure unless you try with another power supply. Know anybody with a spare they'd let you borrow for a while?

You can try to monitoring power supply +12 rail from a software first and check if it goes dip below +12

Did u rma the ram yet? Ram warranty are lifetime, I know pc dead without bsod are frustrating as fuck.

Mobos been replaced
It averages like 40-50 with GPU 10c higher on average, measuring with msi afterburner
I tested literally an hour ago with an unopened 1060, it was delivered today, still in plastic. It's not the graphics card

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.53M)

Sadly I don't know anyone with a spare. There a a microcenter about 45 minutes from my house. Any cheap reccomendation that won't break the bank to try?
What software would you reccomend? And what should I be looking for?

Looking at Newegg this seems to be the best deal at the moment

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438146

Thanks, I'll try this one out

I just realized you mentioned Microcenter. Just check that it's 80-plus, a reputable brand, and the wattage you need.

I had a problem with my gf's build locking up randomly. Turns out the outlet she was using wasn't putting out enough power. I moved the computer to another side of the room and I have no issues. The room the computer is in is a renovated garage so I'm guessing the wiring for the outlets is shoddy.

Finished putting it back together as well as trying a different outlet for the power strip. This is the farthest I've gotten during the opening in MH:W and no resets since I finished. I'm gonna keep phone posting in case the comp gives out again so I don't have hugely sparse responses

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.22M)

Still hasn't crashed and I've finish a full hunt. Maybe taking it apart and putting it back together fixed it?

Had something like that happen to me a year ago. Dissasembled everything to check if some cap was shutting the bed or something. Turns out one of the 24 pins on the mobo connector half melted after a brownout.
Was lazy and didn't want to go buy a new supply or wait there for a day with no PC, so I just cannibalized the connector from a dead PSU and after 40 minutes of soldering, it was all back up and running.

So I got a good few hours of playtime before it shutdown again, I'm glad I at least got past the 20 minutes of unskippable cutscenes at the start of the game, but it's starting to sound like a traditional overheating issue. I'm gonna run msi afterburner this time around and see what my temps are, and maybe replace my thermal paste on my CPU. All of that should have been done by Best Buy a while ago, but I'm pretty sure they charged me 200$ to keep my computer for a few days on a desk in their store and just give it right back to me cause they didn't fix jack shit

I might try getting a new heat sink too, cause my current one seems to have dust Andy stuff stuck to it, like I can't get it off with a full blast of canned air.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.4M)

So I'm hovering around 65C in the helicopter in MGS5, and it looks like my graphics card is not running very well

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

Take a paper clip to clean the tough gunk on your heatsink. And that's 65c on the 1060 gpu and not your rx480? Seems odd a new card would be pulling those temps. Replace your thermal paste and take time to clean the stock on dust from your heatsink. Might need a format and fresh drivers. Stay away from chain store computer shops. Mom and pop operations while still hit or miss and leaps better than some chad at best buy.