Have you bought anything refurbished?

Have you bought anything refurbished?

Attached: 1531099103072.jpg (610x694, 58K)

I bought a logitech mouse once. It ended up dying a couple years later.

Yes, a Nokia 6600.

I just bought a refurbished x220. The keys are worn and it has dirt in the keys.

Still satisfied

Four HP monitors from Newegg. 1920x1200 IPS, can swivel into portrait, 24". First batch had two bad ones. One had some stuck pixels, I think the other was a more major issue. Got them replaced and then after that all four were good to go. Pretty nice monitors for cheap. I've probably gotten other refurbished stuff before, but nothing else immediately comes to mind.

the steelcase leap i'm sitting on right now.

Exactly why I don't buy secondhand tech. So many things can go wrong/need repair in the long run.

Well, in the monitor case it was stuff likely damaged in transit. After I received working ones, they never broke.

I bought a samsung flip phone some year ago and I regret it, never gets more than 2 bars signal even when I'm in front of the damn cell.

Everything I buy is usually refurbished if it's hella pricey i can find it on eBay a few hundred less then stock price in well enough condition, but hey if i have enough for brand new ill go with it (some things i know not to get used like batterys among other things) but i haven't had any problems with used or refurbished items ever, maybe something might die but that's doesn't usually happen, even then it might be so cheap i won't care about it enough or i expected it, just because it was broken once doesn't mean it's bad, means the last thing to touch it was someone making sure it worked, then a machine off the line

Bought a refurbished dell latitude from amazon. It was from a reputable company that sells a ton of other laptops. It looked so pristine and brand new when i got it. I've been using it for about 2 years now. No regrets.

I bought a refurbished Thinkpad x131e. It wasn’t in the best condition but It was only like 60 dollars. I ordered a new top casing for 20 dollars and installed it myself and it basically looks new.

Refurbished t440p for 300. Serves me well.

>So many things can go wrong/need repair in the long run.
>In the long run
I take it you don't buy new tech either?

yeah bretty good

Even if it's in mint conditions, and saves me hundreds of dollars, I'll never deprive myself from the pleasure of opening a brand new product. The smell, the package opening, the realisation that I'm the only person who will ever use this piece of hardware.

Refurb Lenovo Yoga last year for $500 when I discovered that my old laptop was bricked two days before an international trip. I don't use it that much (pretty much only when travelling) but it's done well when I've needed it.

Bought refurbished wacom tablets from wacom directly and from random store (both via amazon). The one from wacom was like new, the one from 3rd party store was different (newer) model which I didn't want (though everything else was fine). If you want some specific older wacom product don't buy from 3rd party, chances are if wacom doesn't have it, nobody does.

If I had of known about threadripper at the time I wouldn't have.
Set me back $2000AUD.
Motherboard died on me 6 months in. But only cost $200 to replace

Attached: CineBench.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

A brand new mouse could easily die a few years later tho..

t. autismo

Did they overnight ship it to you or what?

I feel like you are better off buying broken tech and then just buying multiples so you have enough spare parts to fix everything. There also is way less scams and fraud with broken shit.

I worked for a company that had so many returns that eventually they just started selling the returns instead of the new products.

Most of my workplaces computers. 990s and X1 Carbon 2nd gens.

>buy refurbished washing machine
>floods kitchen
>warranty people somehow can't get through to call me even though my phone is fine
>repair guy has to check the plumbing, which makes the whole apartment smell like shit
>can't get back to sleep
>maybe Jow Forums will take my mind off---

I bought a Wii U refurb direct from Nintendo in 2017 because it was the cheapest way to get one after they went out of production

Was pretty much brand new. All the plastic was replaced and it works great still

Too many hardware and gadgets I've bought refurbished. Mostly HDD's

No, I got it in person at Fry's.

I've bought a Nintendo Wii U refurbished by Nintendo. It was good as new, absolutely no signs of use or wear. I also bought a refurbished Thinkpad t430 from a seller on ebay. It came clean and in good condition. Inside was cleaned out too.

in my current system the only thing Ive bought new is hdd's, everything else I bought either used or broken and repaired it myself, my friend asked me to build him the cheapest pc I could for him and got an asus z270 board with bent pins for 20$, got 8gb of ddr4 by sniping listings on ebay for about 60, an i5-6600k used for 175, corsair cx550 used for 30$, new hdd's so they dont die in a month and he blames me, a random case I had laying around I think I got at the dump, and an r9 380 I bought broken for 20$ because the guy said to me the only issue is a capacitor got knocked off when he was doing something so I soldered a new one on and it worked perfectly, decent gaming pc for under 400$

Would you get a used gf?

Well, of course, I mean I would have to let Stallman test her out first. Can't be having a gf that doesn't respect my freedoms.

I got a refurbed monitor once, it had bugs under the screen.

I found mine at a Saver's for 30 bucks.

Attached: z6MDpWx.jpg (3464x2848, 831K)

A few keyboards
An R9 270X & 290
Asus Z170P mobo
Be Quiet Pure Rock
Some ~100Hz literally who monitor
360GB SSD
More SD cards than i should

And funnily enough, never had any problems associated with anything being refurbed
270x just wasn't as good as I thought it was (my fault for not looming up more videos)

The H80i in my computer. Was originally for cheap spare parts rig but ended up replacing my H115i when the dang pump failed. Have been too lazy to RMA and it's been working okay so far but seeing some sign obstructions may be forming in the loop after a half year of use or so.

My AIO Cooler and keyboard.

Nexus 5, bought it two years ago. Still looks mint.

In theory refurbished devices should be somewhat more reliable on average than "new" because someone had to actually make sure they worked before they were sold again. I think refurbished devices typically have a warranty too

Attached: image.jpg (492x330, 110K)

Such a good soïgoy