Work for major fortune 500 company

>work for major fortune 500 company
>given passwords to servers
>its 123456
>mfw

Attached: 1533605028394.png (485x443, 27K)

this didnt happen

i swear to fucking god

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 75K)

>not using 123456123456 to be secure

Doesn't everyone do this no one ever guesses the easy passwords.

Attached: 1509765081526.png (300x300, 10K)

obviously hes not going to give out the real password.

Thats even worse than the password for my AIM account when i was 14 years old

Attached: 1534943156245.png (400x400, 109K)

tfw my roblox password was 123abc

>intranet server
oh no!

I work for a large company too and our intranet passwords are all silly like that, the ones pointing a the internet though are robust.

Well that's justified then, someone would have to first get into the intranet! And that's pretty difficu-

If someone can break into the intranet, passwords aren't going to stop them

This
All the fucking brainlets in this thread right now

You have NO idea what banking and insurance companies do.
Sometimes I wonder why it didn't just blow up in our face already.

>what is "defense in depth"

Cuck.

t. soiboy

That doesn't change the facts, monkey kid.

Same. It's usually something like August2018 or along those lines, for an average office worker login.

They don't have to break into the intranet you mongoloid, they just have to compromise Suzie from marketing's Macbook

>work for major consulting firm
>there's one universal login for the AD/DC server
>"password"

Attached: 31421321453114.jpg (952x581, 48K)

The majority of fortune 500 companies are managed by boomers with no concept of how technology works.

>Jow Forums
>work
Pick one

>work for small business right now in CA
>main IT director retired 2 years ago and subsequently he “trained” the beaner tech monkey that had been here the longest to take over some of his responsibilities
>our domain controller is now ignored, any new PC is just set up with local admin account
>random people are on the domain, others aren’t
>everyone now connects to the shared drive on our samba server with one universal login, “administrator”, even for people in accounting, if you have to reconnect them, because beaner doesn’t know how to connect people to the domain and create/modify accounts
>he doesn’t know the vSphere management login for our ESX server, just hard reboots a server when it has issues, never investigates what it was
>does the same thing with the Hyper-V server despite having complete access to it via a regular display with keyboard or RDP
>has no plan at all for the future, never wants to touch anything or make it better, just leaves it a mess if it’s running fine at the moment, as long as he knows how to fix it if it goes wrong rarely
>is in his 30s, so no plans for retiring any time soon

Probably just going to quit soon, haven’t been here long. There’s no way I’d replace this guy and seeing the environment in its current state it just depresses me knowing it will never get fixed unless they let me take it over with a raise, or get rid of the dude and hire someone competent.

It ain't worth fixing regardless. Even if you received the authority and directive to revamp, odds are you would run into a ton of land mines caused by the monkey and years of neglect. I bet the documentation there is outdated or doesn't exist either.

Just take your pay check and look for better opportunities.

I at least called the contractor myself to get updated network mapping. Most of the servers can go, we don’t even need them anymore because we no longer host anything besides 1 small server that receives incoming data. Everything else was for in-house software that we’ve since shut down. The damage is not too bad, I’ve already investigated because the monkey, in his infinite wisdom, repurposed the IT directors workstation as the workstation for my position and didn’t bother wiping it or changing any passwords. I won’t make any changes, but I’ll use it for learning experience while I search for better opportunities.

>compromise a MacBook
Not even the NSA can do this