Foobar 2000

>Windows version
>Mac version
>Android version
>iOS version
>Windows phone version

>no Linux version

What the HELL is their problem? Do you think they were bullied by Linux nerds at some point in their life and are doing this out of deep-seated resentment?

Attached: foobar2000[1].jpg (350x200, 23K)

But there is an android version. Though only windows version is the real one and the rest have less features than ncmpcp

> deep-seated resentment
The same reason mpv has no official GUI version, so who gives a shit.

Did they release source code? If yes, then isn't Android just a dumbed down Linux? Can't someone else take Android code and adapt it to run on proper Linux?

Just use deadbeef

>The same reason mpv has no official GUI version
I always assumed that it's because devs are braindead Unix fags stuck in the 80s

Lurk the general for a day and you'll understand.

just use Spotify

I gotta have my video game format music and the only linux audio player that VGMStream supports is Audacious and Audacious is a piece of shit. The only way to listen to my whole music collection on a Linux machine is by running Foobar2000 with wine.

>deep-seated resentment
>for linux
Good for them.

>linux users are to smart too fall for the foobar meme

Android is Linux. ;-)

>What the HELL is their problem?
Gee, maybe you should check their forum and find out.
>I have already become a multi platform coding cyborg, dealing with Android, iOS, Mac and UWP - apart from Windows desktop which I sorely miss as it's the only thing I feel really competent at.
>Mac port happened because I've become halfway competent at making Mac UI while working on unrelated commercial projects. With Linux I'd have to learn from scratch.
>Anyway, I'm not outright declining Linux port, but it's not happening during forseeable future.

Why would anyone on Linux need Foobar?

It works perfectly in wine. I don't use it anymore and switched to cmus because it's lighter on resources and I can navigate through my music quicker.

Everything but Windows version is utter shit

There's a linux version right in the play store, retard.

Do you care about bitperfect playback?
>no
Use clementine or mocp. They're both great.
>yes, I actually like quality
You can set this up with gmusicbrowser but it's a pain. Buy a Pi and install Volumio to it.

There, foobar is useless. If you /must/ use it though, I hear it works on wine.

>What the HELL is their problem?

Because of GNU they need to release the source if they want a GNU/Linux version.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

db is full on annoying bugs. sometimes it may even kill itself for no reason.

I still use winamp. I'm old and change is scary.

Attached: winamp.jpg (275x184, 8K)

>Non-free software

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

? I never paid for foobar and I've been using it for years. What's your point?

he should just use Qt and that would make it really simple to make it cross platform

Not free as in freedom, motherfucker.

Is there a freeā„¢ lightweight music player on GNU/Linux?

Attached: 1530177635451.jpg (324x240, 22K)

deadbeef supports pretty much everything out of the box, including vgm...
>deadbeef.sourceforge.net/about.html

Is there a linux music player that allows me to freely modify the layout, context menus, buttons and so on? Basically a sandbox-y frontend for various music libraries?

Because that's really the only reason I use foobar. Okay, well next to the large amount of formats it plays, including files inside zip folders.

see

>A subset of FB2K title formatting is implemented.
huh, cool. Thanks!

Why do all you fucking faggots care about some shitty music player this fucking much? Just use like fucking MPV or VLC on Linux. All it fucking does is play sound why does it matter so damn much.

as a foobarfag whos recently switched to gnu/linux, i've been enjoying cmus quite a bit

if only you would do the same...

Foobar 1.4 is out btw

Attached: Foobar2000_logo_2014 Original res.png (2448x3229, 544K)

>Android just a dumbed down Linux

Attached: 1526257172777.jpg (1080x793, 119K)

>fuck closed source propriertary software lmao am I right freefriends wupaduba wra wra lmao
>pls gib this thing to us pls pls

Attached: 1b7a1a45.png (252x209, 88K)

This. He might just not be keen in sharing his source code

Why are you insulting me?

I don't get what you mean by "freedom".

It works and it's free

No dlna/upnp. Foobar with upnp plugin is the best dlna music player. On linux the only dedent alternative is the fucking vlc.

mfqw been using foobar with wine for years

Attached: CF-k9JAUEAAhvqg.jpg (530x492, 33K)

mpd+ncmpcpp
The music visualizer looks amazing

Attached: 5c512e2a4fbff1be974e1a4bc608da85gundammilitaryuniforms.jpg (231x311, 13K)

Why when you have ?

Attached: 1443460051693.png (216x178, 85K)

does it have waveform, oscilloscope, spectogram, the possibility to scrobble and convert to opus?

im a music nerd, at least the waveform is essential for me

No bu there is deadbeef, rhythmbox, audacious and clementine
Especially Clementine or Audacious
You should look it up there's a lot of similar programs

Attached: E12577EE7BB04237A38FC6589D2C78AE.png (289x294, 93K)

Oh but ncmpcpp has a music visualizer(pic related)

Attached: linux-001.jpg (1024x500, 60K)

This. Just use Wine, OP. Everything's running in some kind of VM/compatibility layer/abstraction these days anyway so it's not like it matters. If that does matter to you then stop browsing the internet cuz I got bad news for you

rhythmbox and clementine are terribly simple, if the others are the same im not going to bother

wine makes your life easier user
agree

Yep, just werks

Attached: Selection_045.png (3810x2059, 1023K)

Audacious has quite some options i believe
I have foobar but i never looked at the options

linux is for trannies in denial

>Qt
pig disgusting

Funny that you'd say that, since even vanilla qt has a better file picker than fucking gtk

why do you say that

This.

install rhythmbox

unironically this

deadbeef is better

>retard doesn't know what nonfree means

Dumb question, but on Windows 7 it took foobar like 5 seconds to add my complete music folder (150ish gb) to a blank playlist, but now on Windows 10 it takes at least a couple minutes to add the same amount of files. What gives?

>linux

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-14-01h25m11s073(1).png (503x327, 130K)

try vlc -intf ncurses

Just run it through WINE, sweetie.

audacious?