/spg/ - Smartphone General

Five Cameras Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: LG-V40-02-1.jpg (1455x1000, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
phonearena.com/phones/size/Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Compact,Microsoft-Lumia-640,Xiaomi-Mi-A2/phones/10650,9253,10869
mobile-review.com/review/google-pixel-3xl-fl.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw own the probably last flagship phone with a front fingerprint reader/physical button

Rear mounted readers are fucking ridiculous and look ugly in 99% of all cases.

checked

non-us xz premium here, with side power button fingerprint reader
i pity you

Bought a Xiaomi A2 new for 150 EUR. Compared to my iPhone 6s Plus it's a very decent phone for its price. Also, I'm never going to pay more than 200 EUR for a smartphone. Those low-midrange devices are good enough for me.

do you know what have more than 5 cameras? owning 2 redmi note 5 like me. Both is a present from my mom and dad. Lol, I couldn't stop asking them last week because Jow Forums said it is such good phone. You can get anything out of your parents if you break enough things or kitchen ware untill they agree. I hurt myself in the process but more than worth it. I gonna smash the other one because I only need one. I'm gonna hulk smash the black version because I don't like darkies. trips decide what to do with my shattered black redmi? Should I show it to my dad? He's the one that get me black version. Decision decision.

Just received the redmeme note 5. I have a tenancy to drop my phone a lot so have normally had a tough style case on to protect it.

Got a random shit china case but would like something a bit sturdier. Recommend me a case

What is the best phone if I don't use it for calling, just need a high battery life, quality typing experience and a stable browser that supports ad block & other necessary addons for Jow Forums?

Basically, I want a phone to shitpost on Jow Forums comfortably with. I don't wanna listen to music or play gay video games on it (certainly none of that 3D shit that kids play nowadays).

200-300€ range. Ideally Android OS.

Note: Last time I listened to Jow Forums advice I ended up buying one of those Microsoft Lumia phones from Nokia, with Windows Phone OS. Primarily because back then I thought I would make use of the dual SIM feature. Ended up never using it and now I have to suffer the unbearable experience of posting on Jow Forums through Internet Explorer (there is literally NO AdBock browser for WP, much less something that would accept extensions in gemeral).

Also, ideally something smaller than my Lumia would be nice. It really sticks out in my pants.

pester them to buy you a new pc and rope to convince them. foolproof method

Xiaomi Mi A2 and just use clover

>Recommend me a case
The one in the packaging however flimsy it might seem protected mine from three or four drops perfectly.

XZ1 Compact can be often found around 300€

>4K display that doesn't even run in 4K
>3200mAh battery
>terrible camera
>iPhone 8 Plus-sized bezels

why would you pity me

There are many armor like cases for pretty cheap on aliexpress, gearbest and the like

it runs 4k in photos and videos, you mongoloid.

Because every smartphone takes 4K photos and videos, right? This is a gimmick which only hurts battery performance for no reason. And no, VR didn't take off on devices it was supposed to be implemented on, forget smartphones.

What do you guys think about the idea of an open source phone?

puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Attached: 1534811655375.png (1500x1500, 134K)

I keep on getting ads with lg g7 and I don't know if I should switch. Should I do it ? I own a lg g5 and they said that it's going to get android 8 and all

But I don't know if it's a good deal.. Should I just wait for a 5g phone to get on the market ?

Attached: file.png (308x463, 137K)

>Because every smartphone takes 4K photos and videos, right?
The XZ does

>LG

Attached: p3zEtxM.png (500x533, 66K)

I went from the shitpiece g5 to v30 and its pretty gud. Didnt want to fall for the notch meme on the g7.
t.samcuck

somebody stop me from considering a nokia n900

>samcuck
not really

what's wrong with notches?

>nokia n900
>Release date 11 November 2009
>memekeyboard
>sliding shit

it blocks notifications and shit

Literally nothing, it's just 'tism.

nothing, people just dont like it cause apple did it first

Unaesthetic

>it blocks notifications
except it doesn't

I'm not a burger though.

lmao ok gramps

I am looking for a new phone, here's my criteria in descending order of importance:

>Lineage / Custom ROM compatible
>As small as possible (I know that's a lot to ask nowadays)
>Good camera

I'm considering switching to Mint mobile (which I think uses T-mobile's network), so I prefer suggestions that are compatible with that.

note 9 is the perfect smartphone

Except it's fucking huge.

does this prevent itself from charging too fast if you plug a charger of say 4mAh?

Attached: galaxy s5.png (800x600, 425K)

arent we used to huge stuff on our hands?

your mum is

>cant have as many notifications as non-notch phones
>HURR IT DOESNT BLOCK ANYTHING
fuck off, retard

but you literally can you absolute fucking retard, kys

>non notch phones with bezel
>notifications which block screen real estate
>notch phones
>literally free space
>frees real estate but doesnt show as many notifications requiring you do perform a swiping gesture
I wonder who's the retard here.

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite sells for 230€. Worth it or overpriced for my region?

I have no idea, I'm not poor.

>hiding this
>free real estate
haahahahaahah absolute state appleltards and notch-fags

Attached: Capture.jpg (409x116, 14K)

A2 Lite? Overpriced. I bought mine for 179€ in Germany.

the 3gb ram version?

Look at .
If not for the notch, the notifications would have been BELOW on the screen. Are you blind, retarded or just baiting?

Seconding this. Looking for something new with the same stats

chinks on this board are obsessed with matriarchy
Is this a coincidence?

Those aren't notifications, you tard. Those are status icons.
>BELOW on the screen
What did he mean by this?

are YOU retarded? this is the notification area, fucking wasted space if they're below the notch, and fucking tiny and wont fit shit if it's in the corner like regular phones

non-notch phones arent wasting any fucking space because that bar has always been there and has been used for all those icons and notifications

you fucking notch-fags are deluded and trying to justify your retarded buyers remorse

Attached: Capture.jpg (648x512, 68K)

That looks like a bit of an overkill for browsing 4chins no? Why do I need a 3D scanner or connectivity to PS3.

Care to try and compare the notch from essential phone or huawei p20?
Different story.

I recommended it mainly because of you wanting a smaller phone and the XZ1C is one of the smallest Android phones available. What Lumia do you have?

It's still blocking a part of the screen. In general, it's ugly and offers nothing. This "bezel-less but with a notch" meme is cancer.

see even apple themselves dropped the notch instantly

hilarious how Jow Forums all of a sudden defends notches ever since every budget chink phones copied over Apple's design flaw as a feature

It's blocking a part of the screen which otherwise would have been a fucking bezel you mong.
Of course it's better not to have a notch and to have an edge to edge display like the vivo nex but so far it's difficult to have cameras and sensors under the screen.

So? Give me some thin bezels and a full rectangular screen. It doesn't matter if the notched screen is "longer" than an uncucked screen, the fact that all content is made for rectangular screens means that notch is going to block something.

Hidden notch clearly looks better :^)

Attached: hidden_notch.png (1841x871, 2.66M)

Lumia 640, Dual Sim Variant

Look here.

Well it's the 4GB version they sell here, if is correct.

>all this talk about notch and top bezel on new phones when my 1 year old phone has no notch or top bezel

A "hidden" notch that becomes an eyesore once you open up a full screen application that's designed to hide the notification area. Try watching a 2.35:1 video for once.

What's a good chink phone to buy to replace my Xperia L1?

>all this talk about the appearance of a phone while all I want is good specs for cheap

all i want is a modern mid-range phone with removable battery

You can easily fit at least 7 notification icons with a small notch, do you at any given point have more than 7 notifications displaying at once?

Jow Forumsuys will a screen protector for the redmi note 5 Pro work for the regular redmi note 5? It's not a side to side protector btw

>going back to the notification argument

Well, you can see here how the XZ1C compares to the Lumia in size. Mi A2 is way bigger than either phone.
phonearena.com/phones/size/Sony-Xperia-XZ1-Compact,Microsoft-Lumia-640,Xiaomi-Mi-A2/phones/10650,9253,10869

Anyone know what would be the best charger for redmi note 5 (qc 3.0?), and is there really a considerable difference in charging time compared to the stock charger?

That's two different phones, not a hidden notch. This is what a hidden notch looks like

Attached: pzbhmywhhm1e9qeciqcu.jpg (800x450, 49K)

user, the note 5 pro is just how pajeet calls the note 5. They're the exact same phone

What's a good and free :

- Budgeting app?
- Fitness app?

From what I've read stock charger is ~2h30m, QC3.0 is ~1h50m.

>samsung
>no updates
>software that's the virtual equivalent of cancer
>privacy concerning "bugs"
>color distorting curved screen
>eye damaging iris scanner

>oneplus
>iphone clone
>terrible customer service

>xiaomi/meizu/vivo/etc
>no updates
>chinese botnet confirmed multiple times
>iphone clones
>zero customer service

Is iPhone the true Jow Forumsentleman's phone? I value security & privacy over gimmicks, and Apple seems to have a pretty good track record with both.

will we ever get "5 phones with bezels again?

i hate the design of newer phones so god damn much.

I recently bought an LG G6 without researching too much into phones, and holy hell
HOW SHIT CAN A PHONE BE
>no power button on the side
>causes you to either use the button at the back or the knock on/off feature
>knock on/off feature only works with lg launcher or with root
>lg launcher is shit
>bootloader unlocking is only available in europe
>no notification led
>LCD always-on display
>LCD
>battery is shit
>no stable custom roms

For the love of god, I can't believe a flagship could get the essentials wrong.

this apple shilling has gone too far. Are your phones really selling this bad?

that's 5t and 6, different phones

I ordered a Redmi Note 5
I sure hope I didn't get tricked

>caring about privacy =! apple shilling
You know, instead of calling me a shill, and showing what a newfag you are, you could just recommend me a phone that is privacy focused and gets constant updates. Thanks.

>I value security & privacy over gimmicks
gimmicks like
>no headphone jack
>Face ID (which replaces the much more secure TouchID)
>notch displays
?

Attached: kuo2018iphonelineup-800x720.jpg (800x720, 59K)

Oh wow noway

Attached: ijj1aSW.png (485x443, 22K)

Thinking about doing the same.
Found Xiaomi Mi A2 Android One for 260€, but still I don't feel like ditching my HTC 10 yet. My touchscreen supposedly died near top notch so using upper navigation buttons is pain in the ass. Waiting for official Lineage 15.1 for it so I can test if it's software or hardware issue. But also I think this will be my last flagship since SD 660 really surprised me with performance comparing to SD 820 let's say

Xiaomeme Mi A2 Lite (has 4k mAh + a headphone jack)

Can you go into detail and explain how Face ID is less secure than Touch ID? Afaik, Face ID gets more data points than the latter, and keeps them into the same secure enclave.

>no headphone jack
>notch
My point still stands, I'm more concerned with my privacy and security than gimmicks.

Someone stole a shipment of Pixel 3XL phones and this russkie site already did an unboxing and review with a camera comparison vs. Note 9 and P20 Pro:
mobile-review.com/review/google-pixel-3xl-fl.shtml

Attached: 16.jpg (640x457, 74K)

My mother wants a phone for social media, youtube and web browsing. I found the Redmi 5 plus and Huawei P smart. Which is the better choice?

tempted with the poco, is it much of an upgrade from an s8 though?

Redmi Note 5 or Mi A2 / A2 Lite

they are both above the budget

Even A2 Lite? Get the 5 Plus then.

So basically a Pixel 2 XL with a top notch and new version of Android and a new camera.
WP jewgle

it's a good performance upgrade, but I think you should still be fine with your s8. Do you need a new phone?

I don't know about the iPhone but the MI 8's face lock can be fooled with a picture

Need to replace my S6, and i have $500aud to spend, I'm considering the Mi Mix 2, Nokia 7 plus, or the new Poco f1. Will it be worth waiting out for Poco? Suggestions?

Wait for the Poco, global launch is on 27.8.