>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>Avoid Logical Increments

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPU
>R3 2200G/i3 8100 - Bare minimum gaming, R3 has an iGPU that allows light gaming
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>i5 8400 - Great gaming value, loses to 2600 in multithreaded applications
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>8700k - The best for 1080p gaming/good for mixed usage
>R7 2700/X - Good high-end gaming/best mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>Vega is a meme, period
>Avoid cheap models ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS duals, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
>Below applies for high/ultra quality settings in AAA games. Take this with a grain of salt.
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>1070/Ti at 60hz
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>GTX 1080/Ti for 60hz, maybe 2080Ti if you like throwing money

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 1499718509673.jpg (1711x1200, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/xvPXP6
pcpartpicker.com/list/W28MMZ
ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-3-0-Video-Card-GPU-NEW/183393687194?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=52935&meid=853ca26495e443c5b45609eb2ee4bf2c&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=183393692177&itm=183393687194&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Want a Ryzen rig
>have case and storage + PSU and GPU
>Choose cheaper Ryzen 1700
hmm what motherboard
>Choose a random B350 to my liking
but will it OC well?
>watch Buildzoid cover a bunch of boards
nope this one's shit
>get $185 X370 ASUS Prime Pro
okay now memory
>pick some random DDR4 3200 kit
wait ryzen 1 and 1st gen chipsets are autistic with memory fuck
>check part numbers on every stick i can find autistically
>get a kit i think should work okay ootb but is more expensive

>$660 CAD

GODDAMMIT /pcbg/ I JUST CAN'T DO IT

HELP ME PULL THE TRIGGER

$200 for 16GB of RAM WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK

X370 user here. HyperX works fine for me.

Attached: 61pfjK4csnL._SX569_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA569SH20_.jpg (569x569, 31K)

>Avoid Logical Increments
why?

Reposting because got mostly ignored yesterday

1080 and 650w PSU came in the mail yesterday, already have 500GB 860evo, need the rest. Priorities: 1080p 144fps gaming, some amateur 3D work - nothing my current build couldn't handle.

>CPU: 8600k? wait for 9600k? 2600x and 8600k cost the same where I live and 8600k is better for gaming, If there is something better for less than 260€, please suggest
>CPU fan: decent air cooler, not planning on OC until I have to and even then not going overboard, apparently 212 evo is not good enough
>RAM: 2x8GB 3000/3200MHz, what brands are good?
>MB: need help with this, know nothing except that I probably need Z370 (without LGBT lighting preferably) 1 PCIe x16 is enough
>Case: 270R/275R/S340 or something similar in 60€ range, maybe air 240 or H400
>Monitor: 24" 1080p 144Hz preferably below 280€, is LG 24GM79G good?

Another thing, I currently have H55M-D2H, i5-760 (not 7600), 8GB 1600MHz ddr3 and some chinky old case with no airflow, 80mm exhaust fan, and CPU fan shroud. Is it safe to plug the new GPU in that or is there a risk frying something with some hideously intense bottlenecking it's obviously going to experience?

Disregarding the VRAM, in terms of just raw power what would be a better choice for 1080p (60hz) gaming for the next few years: 1060 or a 480/580?
After all of the driver optimizations and whatnot?
Personally I'm leaning towards Nvidia, mainly because I had two Sapphire cards previously and both died due to GPU core failure, so now I'm really skeptical towards buying AMD and especially Sapphire (which always gets praised for some reason).

Should have got a 2080Ti, enjoy your obsolete on arrival GPU I guess.

they jelly

It's better to spend a few hours learning about what you need your PC to do for you and tailor your build accordingly rather than just read across a spreadsheet based on what you think your budget should be. You can end up spending too much money on shit you don't know that you don't need if you're just reading off of his spreadsheet.

LI actually used to be sort of useful years ago when there seemed to be a lot less choice in the market. There are just way too many things to consider now with all of the different technologies available.

Hey im mainly just looking for advice on a gpu and monitor. My new build is gonna consist of a 2700x (2800x if its released before I finish the funds) and a decent amount of ram still figuring the amount out. As for the gpu aspect Im mainly just not sure if i should hold out for the 20xx series or get 10xx since i want a 1440p monitor and occasionally play shit like quake champs on the side at a high framerate. What do you goyim suggest I do.

So if the 2700X is so amazing and so fast why the fuck do 8/10 high end builds still use 8700K

I've got a pretty old setup, 2500k, amd 6950 and 8 gigs of ram, I was thinking of just getting new everything but maybe I could simply upgrade the parts, I was thinking of overclocking the cpu and doubling the ram. Need advice anons, been a few years since I've informed myself on hardware. I will most likely use it only for programming and movies. Could a setup like this run double 1440p monitors or is the gpu too old? As for the budget, I would love to keep it small, 500-600 euros maybe.

Attached: 5998_g.jpg (600x869, 66K)

>tried to buy used parts
>Got scammed for 800 dollars
I deserved this.

What is a good price to pay for a r5 2600? In eurodollars, please.
2600X would be ideal but it's 200€. I'd rather get a 2600 and a 40€ cooler to be quite honest.

Attached: 1534101584457.png (431x428, 242K)

Is $750 enough to create a PC that can run 1600x1200 at 60fps games like Deus exmd and battlefield 5?

I don't know what to look for also for gaming is single core better then multi core performance. Like for emulation.

Here's my build, keep in mind I already have a 10603GB card.
pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/xvPXP6

You can easily do 1080p 60fps with this

>get 2600x in the mail
>excitedly open it
>blood drops all over packaging
>notice i cut my palm with the corners of the plasticy thing the CPU is in
My blood sacrifice to Lisa Su, I guess.
Hope it helps AMD destroy the kikes or whatever.

And is it ok for future upgrades.

Kek

Yeah it is, that mobo will support next gen I think, you have space for more RAM and you can obviously swap out the 1060 when cards like 1070ti and 1080 drop. A better PSU could be smart, but as it stands it could technically do a 1080 in there, if not a 1080ti, so that's optional. I'd recommend you get an SSD somehow though

Get checked for infections
Real talk

It was a minor enough cut and i'm sure we don't have the immune systems of somalians in the west.

>My new build is gonna consist of a 2700x (2800x if its released before I finish the funds) and a decent amount of ram still figuring the amount out.
16GB is standard.
>As for the gpu aspect Im mainly just not sure if i should hold out for the 20xx series or get 10xx since i want a 1440p monitor and occasionally play shit like quake champs on the side at a high framerate. What do you goyim suggest I do.
What gpu do you currently have?

If its not to old, I'd wait for the nvidia release to settle down prices and maybe hear some news on next gen Radeon, or take advantage of the dumped prices on used 1070/1080.

8700k is what gets you the highest performance numbers across the board.

2700X is just less stupid to invest in to since AMD mobos have a long support date and you can upgrade to cpus that will beat the 8700k significantly.

Try to find some used ram and a 2600k, wouldn't dump full price dd3 in to a build like that. Also get something like a rtx 1050ti and replace the cpu, you would save a bunch on noise and power consumption and could play modern games when you feel like it.

>buying used parts for 800 $
yup

Sounds pretty good to me, but I'd rather get a 2600 with a good cooler, it would suit my needs fine and the cooler would help with future upgrades.

Did some necessary upgrades: pcpartpicker.com/list/W28MMZ

You will thank me for the wifi upgrade later on.

I'll just use the 240gb SSD I have in my Thinkpad.

Yeah I don't know what kind of wifi card I should be looking for.

That motherboard is a piece of shit. The only B450's worth buying are the Pro Carbon AC and the Tomahawk. Step up to at least the Tomahawk. There is plenty of documentation on this. All of the manufacturers' B450s are JUST-tier with shitty VRMs and heatsinks except MSI's Tomahawk and Pro Carbon AC (same VRM design I believe) are the least bad.

How risky is it to buy new RX580 without warranty?

You're on the right track but I'd probably not get the 8600k. 6c/6t is yesterday's 4c/4t. Well, maybe it's not quite that bad yet, but it's something to consider since you're putting together a reasonably high end build. Even with an overclock you're going to feel that limitation at some point sooner rather than later. Depending on how badly you want to get into overclocking you might just consider an H board and an 8700, or go Ryzen.

Two years ago I used to shit on the 6600k which was all the rage at the time ("b-but it's the best GAYMING CPU, just look at the FPS benchmarks!") when the writing was already on the wall if you looked into frametime analysis benches and just observed that most game were already maxing the fuck out of 4c/4t that it wasn't a great investment. In fact, intel hasn't been a great investment on their consumer platforms since maybe the Haswell days until finally the 8700k gave them some breathing room.

Again, it depends on what your goal and your budget is right now, just something to consider.

Why would it be new and without warranty?

i think you void the warranty if you try to fuck it

Seller says he won the card, it was sent from a foreign country (in my country you need to return the card to the shop you bought it from for warranty)

Can you fuck off with your shitty shill thread ? Holy shit shareblue faggot get the fuck out of here

Can anyone recommend a wifi adaptor? Place I just moved into has building wide wifi at about 60Mbps but the block doesn't get a fibre hook up for 3-6 months, so if I got my phoneline activated I'd be looked at 20Mbps max, and 11Mbps average.

I'm putting together a 1950x build atm. Can someone recommend me some ram?

Also I have a Define Meshify C case. Should I do 2 140mm in the front or 3 120mm?

Attached: 483132_370023_01_front_zoom.jpg (1000x1000, 134K)

With prices trickling down to and sometimes below MSRP, at what point does a Vega 56 become a worthwhile option against the 1070Ti/1080? Don't have a ___Sync monitor and probably won't because 8:5 choices are limited.

planning to build a budget ryzen 3 2200g, which mobo should I get?

Asrock b450m PRO4 or MSI b450m mortar?

>finally ordered all parts necessary to build a working PC
i feel so fucking satisfied. i'll buy an SSD and a new Monitor in about a month probably.

1. what is the best bang for your buck with 1080 ti models? It seems to me like the EVGA SC2 is the best for your money. Is the SC2 better than the SC black? they are almost identical
2. I'm shekeling out for a high-end upgrade and I was planning to buy an I7 8700k but I've been seeing a lot of Intel hate recently and rumors of updates gimping performance, is there a better AMD CPU for about the price of the 8700k?

>Ssd only 1 year old
>27% fragmentation
>program advises against defrag because it reduces life.
What should I do? How bad is fragmentation

Guys back hunting again is this a good deal?
And the would that cpu be good for gaming say I attach a 1050 ti or something in there.
This is around 160 USD.
Also I had a question PCIE 2.0 slots detract from the gpu performance or is it negligible?
Thanks.

All 1080ti's perform more or less the same honestly, so pure bang for buck is just the cheapest one you can find.
I'd probably shell out a bit more though, and get a decent cooler, there's benches with comparisons between card temps online.

There is no AMD CPU at the price of a 8700k, it's more expensive than their consumer grade, and cheaper than their HEDT.
R7 2700X performs fairly well, and in multi threaded workloads even out-performs it, so I'd look into that.
zen2 should be a major upgrade from zen+, so take that into consideration if you want to be a waitfag.
Personally I have a sour taste involving anything AMD, and went ahead and got a 8700k, performance is what you expect it to be, even with the newest updates, but the TIM does suck, and "having" to delid to get 20 degrees cooler also sucks.
Intel is the more popular brand atm, and there's a plethora of things which are just unavailable on AMD, which would trigger pretty hard buyers remorse in me, so I opted to pay more.

Honestly IMO you can't go wrong with either, just keep in mind that on the Intel end you'll either have to run toasty or delid, and on the AMD end you'll have to live with being the software support underdog.

Goddamn it forgot pic.

Attached: LongScreenshot_2018-08-23-18-26-35.png (1080x3002, 604K)

ssds don't become fragmented, whatever program you're using is either lying to you or doesn't detect it as an ssd
however you can freely "trim" the drive.

What software is still worse on AMD? x86 is x86.

So guys, I'm done with intel, 2600 or 2600x for high refresh gaming?
Also whats a good motherboard to go with one of those CPUs?

Attached: 1376803506160.gif (500x345, 408K)

GPU's are far from saturating current 2.0 x16 slots
I ran a 1060 through a 2.0 x1 slot for a little over a year (pcie extrension to expresscard on a laptop, fun concept).
I'd get around 10 fps less than what I was expecting, but again that's an x1 port, with x16 you've got a huge amount of headroom left, especially with a 1050 ti.
As for CPU I think you should nab an 8th gen i3, or a 2400G, as the OP states.

I have no idea about that build though, look around comparable deals to have a feel for the pricing I guess.

For the most part sure, and if you're gayman you probably won't see too many "intel only, goy!" signs.
However lots of rendering, video editing, and video playback software have proprietary Intel only gimmicks.
Some emulators will refuse to operate on AMD too.

thanks user

>there's a plethora of things which are just unavailable on AMD
Are you talking about things like HT that have AMD equivalents or actual programs that don't work on AMD. Cause I'm not sure how that would even work.

>Some emulators will refuse to operate on AMD too.
Name one.

Just found out my trim function has been activated the entire time so that's no problem
>pic related
When I clicked to defrag it said that defraging a ssd is bad news.
Aswell as I looked online and people don't recommend it so maybe your wrong about it not being able to be fragmented? Or its just not fragmentation in the sense your thinking?

How about the B450-A Pro?

CEMU ran like absolute garbage on AMD until like a month ago.

Super niche scenario, and it's definitely not the #1 thing you should take into consideration when buying a new CPU.
As I said both are great options, but if you really want to be nitpicky about it then have at it fa m.
Ryzen also had shit support for faster ram until recently.
Lots of early adoption pains, you can't just ignore them, or claim they don't exist.
Doesn't mean it's a bad CPU, or a bad value for your money, it's just a consideration.

I guess it alright then thanks mate.

I want a workstation that can game as well, my budget is 2k and I plan on using Linux and windows if I must. I'm leaning towards a ryzen 2700x a decent sized ssd and multiple large HDDs. What suggestions should be there for the GPU if I plan on doing blender work and VM work while wanting to game at high framerates.

I chose my words poorly. Sure it can be fragmented, but the fragmentation is irrelevant so it might as well not be considered fragmented.

On traditional HDDs, fragmentation is when a sizeable file is split up across the drive instead of being contiguous to read from. For performance reasons the latter is preferred so you defrag. On an SSD this does not matter as all operations are as consistent no matter where the parts of the file may be.

>CEMU ran like absolute garbage on AMD until like a month ago.
Poor thread scheduling either OS side and/or software (such as the tri-core compiler). I noted a great uplift in RPCS3 performance from W10 1607 LTSB to 1803 Enterprise alone.
And given CEMU is a glorified BOTW emulator it's hard to guage.
>Ryzen also had shit support for faster ram until recently.
>Lots of early adoption pains, you can't just ignore them, or claim they don't exist.
I've had my 1600 since June of last year on an MSI B350 board. My RAM has run fine at 3000MHz after a BIOS update that was available before building.

"Early adoption" pains vary per user, and there's nothing early about Ryzen now a year in.

Also "ran like absolute garbage" is not the same as "refuse to operate".
Consider more accurate word choices when shit talking (as it appears). Intel takes the performance cake sure, but don't misrepresent.

That's what I'm trying to say my man.
It's not an inherent problem with AMD or Ryzen, it's just that Intel is the more popular platform, and receives much more developer attention.
I can agree that it's perhaps unjustified, but it's certainly there, and it's hard (at least for me, again, use case) to ignore.

>works on my machine lmao
Hardly an argument.
Ryzen had problems with higher clocked ram, it could be circumvented, but it was a popular issue and I simply can not ignore that.

If being able to launch the application is passable for you, then sure, poor word choice, you've got me there.

>i5 4570 3.2gHz
>16GB DDR3 RAM

What's a strong but cheap gfx card to compliment my ancient CPU?

Sketchy.

Anything really, bottlenecking is a meme.
You'll have better performance on better GPU's, just not comparable performance with those GPU's paired with better CPU's.

However taking into account a midrange-ish CPU, and looking into my crystal ball which suggests you're either a poorfag or a bang for buck fag, I'd suggest a 1070 ti.

>>works on my machine lmao
>Hardly an argument.
So your anecdotal evidence of "early adoption pains", with Intel bias demonstrated in your original post, gets a free pass but not my anecdotal evidence as an actual early-ish (couple months off) adopter?
Damn you got me.

>If being able to launch the application
That's not the distinction I'm making. Just what you claim and reality were different then and now.

RPCS3 for example has Intel secret sauce TSX support which supposedly improves performance. If you were to say it now runs like garbage compared to "before TSX support" where it would not launch at all, you're still misrepresenting the status of it on AMD vs Intel.

>bottlenecking is a meme.
Maybe if you only play toaster tier games.

Early Ryzen motherboard/RAM headaches were pretty well documented.

>Early
Ryzen isn't "early" anymore.

I was thinking about upgrading to Ryzen from my Phenom, does it work without problems on Win7 ?
I remember reading something about it being for Win10 only.

Ryzen work fine on Win7.

theres a fag on ebay selling brand new 1070tis for $350USD. scam?

what fans don't block ram slots

You're trying to make the claim that "well since we're both anecdotal then both our claims are equal" but that simply isn't the case, as the other user state ryzen/ram headaches were pretty well documented, and intel only gimmicks in editing software is a hard fact.

Either way, that's completely besides the point.
I did not present the ram compatability, or emulator performance, or editing software performance issues as inherent problems with AMD or Ryzen.
I was pointing to those things as symptoms of AMD being the less popular brand, which causes all of these problems, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

A better GPU will give you better performance than a worse GPU, regardless of CPU (within reason, obviously a pentium 4 will kneecap a 1080ti)
However the CPU in question is a 4570, on which you should see improvements in performance even if you're pitting a titan V against a 1080 TI.
Now a better question would be what screen is he playing on.
Which his poorfag-ly styled request suggest is a 1080p 60hz screen.
For which IMO a 1060 would be optimal, but IMO ATM a 1070ti offers a better bang for buck, and more headroom if he decides to upgrade.

Highly likely a miner card.
Miner fags are going mad right now due to 20 series coming out, a prime time to nab a GPU from miners if you're comfortable with the concept.
(most likely nothing wrong with it, maybe the fan is a little worn)

Gaming & Machine Learning in one build

>What CPU
>What GPU
>What RAM

2080ti in nu-SLI

WILL THE FUCKING NOVIDIA JEWS EVER RELEASE A 2050 FOR POORFAGS WITH NON RETARTED GIGAGAYS PER SECOND AS A METRIC FOR PERFORMANCE ?

ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1070-Ti-8GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-3-0-Video-Card-GPU-NEW/183393687194?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=52935&meid=853ca26495e443c5b45609eb2ee4bf2c&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=183393692177&itm=183393687194&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
he says theyre brand new factory sealed.

That's actually an interesting way to fuck your user base. Say their non-RTX cards stop at 2060, if the user wants more performance but doesn't care about raytracing (since they haven't had it anyway) they're forced into overpaying for something that doesn't benefit them.

Why am I at the mercy of Pajeets or seamonkeys ....

4570fag here. my monitor is 1080p 144hz

What do you mean?

Everybody should have a 2080ti! Get one for your mom this christmas!
Buy some then donate them to nvidia!

Quick look up gives me two candidates: ASUS Prime X470-Pro or Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING for my Ryzen 2600? The Asus Prime is 28 euros more than the Aorus if you want to consider price point being a deciding factor.

My university bursary is 150 USD/month
What do ?

You'll get non retarded metrics either a week-ish before launch, or on launch for the 2080 and 2080 ti.

2050 won't be out for a while longer, and by the time it is you should be able to see all the benchmarks youd like.
Also gigamemes are available only on a 2080 ti, 2080, and 2070.
The rest of the lineup is called GTX, not RTX, and will probably either drop ayy tracing completely, or will offer close to zero performance with it enabled.

dunno, kind of a coin flip, moneyback guarantee and positive feedbacks though.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

but...
they don't engineer two different chips for their high/low end cards
You're just getting a differently binned turing chip.
You're not forced into anything, that's just how binning works.
1070ti, easily.
Or higher, if your wallet can handle it.
Your 4570 should be able to support it.

Do you think they will drop the GTX cards before Black Goyday ?

>1800K
>Biostar X470GTN
>Corsair LPX 2x8 DDR4-2666
>EVGA 980Ti Hybrid
>EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
>Fractual Design Define S Nano
>Corsair H80i
>Corsair Force 240GB M.2

What am I missing?

Jesus fuck i hate spiders
>be using laptop while waiting for PC parts to arrive
>spider motherfucker comes crawling l the wall behind laptop
>freak the fuck out and run
Now I'm on my tablet waiting.

unless the new ones come out before then, probably not

Super hard to tell, 2070 is scheduled for october, black goyday is end of november.

My best guess is a strong maybe, leaning on the don't bet on it side.

GTX 1060 6GB and i5-8400

or

GTX 1070 and i5-7400?

>GTX 1060 6GB and i5-8400
for sure

GTX 1070 ti and a 2700x.
There's a reason why the only recommended Intel CPU in the OP is a 8700k.

it got away. i yeeted my fucking quarter collection to the ground and hit it with a swiffer for a good whole minute.

based and redpilled

I'm glad you're safe user

Australia?

4570fag with one more question: whats the difference between a card and its Ti counterpart?

Pacific Northwest. the dampness here is perfect for spiders.

Treat Ti's like a completely different GPU.
I'm not sure why Nvidia went with that naming scheme, but it seems to bare no correlation to the actual chip used.
Either way, what you probably need to know is this:
I'll take the 1060 as a baseline
vs 1070 37%
vs 1070 ti 63%
vs 1080 75%
vs 1080 ti 115%

Those are the average performance differences and deltas between the cards.
Seems like Nvidia uses the Ti branding as a "x card, except more powerful" mark, even though a 1080 and a 1080 ti are using different chips.

What CPU-GPU combo do I need for a decent Machine Learning/Deep Learning meme

making deep fakes is a crime shitlord

I'd definitely be looking at a Titan V or a new 20 series card, those tensor cores are a fucking godsend.
As for CPU I'd go for either a zen+ TR, or a xeon for a similar price.

If you're a poorfag however then just forget about it lmao.

>high core/thread count CPUs
But that doesn't help with ML/DL

depends on the workload famiglia, in some you're better off with as many cores as you can muster, sometimes going into dual CPU mobos.
In others You'd be fine even with a modern pentium, and like 4 titan v's.
A general purpose machine shouldn't lack on either end.
If you know what you're doing however then you probably wouldn't be asking for advice on that on Jow Forums

This, you'll just need a small freely available patch to enable updates if you want. And make sure your mobo has W7 drivers. Some do, some don't. Sometimes you can get them directly from the chipset mfg, as well.

shilling is not a reason