What can be done to improve IT security and encryption?

What can be done to improve IT security and encryption?

Pic related

Attached: javascript intranet.jpg (707x711, 89K)

Destroy everything.

remove ethernet plug, phisically remove any wifi/radio component, live in bunker

Let the right wing death squad give public hangings to college staff
Each one of them failed their students. Not as in giving them bad grades, but giving them a bad education

Make the devs as responsible for any breaches as engineers are responsible when a bridge collapses.

THIS.

is this a bad code??

Thus ending the debate: whats better Jow Forums or reddit. Redditors are just smarter it seems.

the code itself, not really but from a security stand point it's like watching the hindenburg crash

>intranet
who cares

for once i agree

It's terrible. I'm not an expert but I see:

>Unencrypted passwords
>The entire user database retrieved and read on the client JS
>Entire login logic done on the client
>Logged in basically just means a client-side cookie "loggedin" = "yes"
>"true" === "true"
I.e. you can easily "log in" even without an user/pass by opening the Chrome Dev Tools and typing on the console $.cookie('loggedin', 'yes');

Obviously. Visit Jow Forumsprogramming and compare it with /dpt/.

>$.cookie('loggedin', 'yes');
>$
webshits get out reeee

don't understand much about security, but it looks like he's comparing the plaintext passwords instead of the hashes.
Besides that:
>querying all the users from the database
>throwing them in a sort of list
>linearly searching the list
why not just query the user itself in the first place?
>if ("true"=="true") {return false;}

I'm not good at JS, but does this really iterate through all 1500 users every time one of them tries to log in?

Wouldn't that collapse the IT service market?
You would need to constantly train programmers in newest hacking methods. Just imagine the time and money needed for just that.

Also, bridge construction engineers don't need to account concentrated and determined human effort in destruction. Otherwise they would need to design a bridge resistant to bombs and artillery and update the design every time new bunkerbuster is devised.

It would improve everything. No garbage apps because everyone except the properly trained people are afraid of responsibility. Users feel more confident because they are not liable in case if breaches etc.
Of course to prevent a complete collapse the penalties should be proportional to number of users. Small websites pay a 500$ fine, Facebook pays several billion.

if ("true"==="true"){
return false;
}
I-i can't even...

Yes. It also appears to be sending raw sql for the server to execute, meaning that it's vulnerable to injection attack

So it's insecure in multiple ways AND has shit performance?
WTF, I love JS now…

So many questions

it's awful and stupid even leaving aside the plain text passwords fuck off larper

nobody has explained the non retarded way of doing this yet?

examples in JS and Non-JS go on....

Do DB queries on the server, not the client.

Engineers aren't held liable for intentional damage, which is what we're actually talking about here.

This isn't even an injection attack. You can just send it the Sql query you want run, e.g. "DROP TABLE users"