What is going on Jow Forums? Has everyone lost it?

What is going on Jow Forums? Has everyone lost it?

You'd be insane if you install Steam and let them collect all that information about you...

Attached: ABSOLUTE_STATE_OF_g.jpg (920x920, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have nothing to hide

You can install steam in flatpak, where you have a real confinement unlike systemwde cuckshow called cuckblows 10

I'm a good goy

I am sure your employer and colleagues will be very happy to hear about how many hours of OfficeShooter you play every week

you can say "no" you imbecilic fucking shill

They collect more than that, like any online store. Also, they can collect any text you write. Stallman's advice on Amazon applies to steam.

nice source, nigger

>I am sure your employer and colleagues will be very happy to hear about how many hours of OfficeShooter you play every week
Steam collecting telemetry about my computer is not the same as them knowing where I work or sending them that information.

Anyway, if my employer gave a fuck about what I did on my free time, I would report him to my union and get them to sue the fuck out of him.

gayben knows my waifu and my hatred of niggers. He's a neckbeard, I trust him

>Also, they can collect any text you write.
No they can't.

I'm the shill because I post against corporations, who actively collect/exploit data? How convoluted is your logic?

You're implying that people should just stick with Windows.

he's right. they obviously collect chat logs and stuff for legal reasons.

store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/

source is, for example, Dota2 replay parsing websites, which can pick up text. Also, if Google is capable of it, it is safe to assume that any other organisation is just as capable.

the thing is that Amazon made my life much more easier and comfy than Stallman's antics have.

No, you are projecting. Just to be 100% clear, I am not advocating the use of windows.

If you sacrifice freedom for convenience, you will neither have convenience nor freedom

So what? You are posting this on a website that is known for doing heavy user tracking and data collection while your ISP is probably doing much worst.

I think I'm going to keep my windows. I just can't leave my comfort zone.

my freedom before and after relying on amazon is the same. what are you talking about?

if i played vidya, i'd rather have a dedicated steambox rather than windows machine because i'd only play vidya on steambox. linux is generaly safer than windows and i'm more familiar with linux, too.

Attached: 1525671798868.jpg (607x657, 70K)

Telemetry? You mean that one scan they do if you want them to to anonymously give them your pc specs so they can see what the averages are to help them and other developers know what they should shoot for in deciding min/recommended game performance requirements?

ubuntu = "omg its fuckng spyware"
steam = "come to my warm bosom you delicious closed-platform, you"

It's entirely optional, why are you lumping it in with forced telemetry?

Yes, so I guess it's all moot. We should all install spyware and let more and more organisations collect information. You seem to be missing the point entirely. Instead of trying to reduce the presence of spyware you are advocating it. I don't think I quite understand why.

Please carefully observe what information steam collects about you, and I am not just talking about the hardware survey, which is invasive but hardly the point of this thread.

how steam is a spyware?

Reminder that you're a hypocrite if you're posting with a post 2008 intel or AMD processor.

>Close steam process
>can't do shit
>meanwhile telemetry hardcoded into the OS and always running

Attached: f3372764152.jpg (1024x768, 151K)

are they collecting my dikpiks??

What the hell are they also collecting besides the hardware survey and where's the proof of this? Link some sources please. The windows shit has been well documented , but I've yet to see stuff on steam.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html

steam doesn't install itself on your computer without your consent
you have to accept an agreement about privacy when you register an account
you can remove steam easily.

that's definitively not the definition of a spyware.

Jow Forums level FUD and paranoia: the site

>moot
Who?

>he has a boss

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument

Enjoy your botnet fagoot

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

>Enjoy your botnet fagoot
I've been using Steam on Linux since 2011, so I am actually enjoying it quite a bit.

That's not a source.

"Obama is gay".
This argument would have the same integrity as yours.

How bad is Steam telemetry btw? It surely isn't as bad as Windows... right?

>shillls linux constantly
>complains when Linux gets love
The absolute state of Jow Forums

good goyim

I'd rather have a supporter of FOSS spy on me than a denier of FOSS.

Fuck off Pajeet.

The point of FOSS is that you aren't spied on. It makes him a hypocrite, not a FOSS supporter.

Im not a jobless neat. I dont have time to obesses over this nonsense

Op is talking out of his ass, there weren't any major sperg outs about steam telemetry so I assume it's nothing invasive if there is any of it outside hardware survey

>steam

Attached: LEL_Emoji.jpg (796x568, 81K)

Gee, it sure is bad that a game, collects only the actions you make in it's window, to help you, and others learn from your gameplay.

SteamOS, Windows... They're both equally bad.
>not installing a free as in freedom operating system and only playing FSF approved games

Yes, it is.

>enjoying having no freedom
Nice try gaben

>proprietary surveillance = love
Linux is a kernel.

No you wouldn't. See Mozilla's recent attempts at telemetry and spying to know why it's always bad

>an OS of general purpose where you store all kinds of information
>an OS that mimic a console whose its sole purpose is to play gaymes

Attached: 1527100908678.png (498x710, 290K)

the unfunny is how Jow Forums hates microsoft because "muh evil corporation" meanwhile other make telemetry and is okay because they arent microsoft

Attached: Ubuntu Reveals Desktop Telemetry for the First Time 8-23-2018 11-45-31 AM.png (1366x666, 299K)

are you stupid? every game is recorded into a file including the chat, that's the fucking replay that gets PARSED by the website

Microsoft shills out in force today.

>my gameplay gets recorded and saved
Fucking regards, no shit. How do you think demos work?

>Year of our LORD Twenty Eighteen
>wintel is dead

based

Though if it destroys Win, there's something good about it. I'll never install that botnet, just let the plebs do the job.

the hardware survey is completely optional

Daily reminder that privacy isn't anywhere near the biggest reasons to use Linux.
I'd use Loonix it for its lack of performance / battery life hindering bloat alone.

Attached: 1449170292732.jpg (1114x876, 280K)

LOL how the fuck you don't use Steam? dude. It's like you don't have friends to play games with, like seriously LITERALLY everyone uses it, you're talking about some retarded crap like telepathy when you could be playing games with your Steam friends right now.

Attached: 1462727094778.jpg (300x300, 6K)

Great FUD nutella

And the shills are seething, will their master make enough money to pay them?

based and redpilled

they collect millions of users data, you are not a snowflake, your data wont hurt them if you dont want to give it to them

>telepathy
Too much, mate. You gotta be more subtle.

Steam has been caught twice capturing your DNS cache and sending it to Valve, the first time they said it was an accident and then they encrypted the files where they were found. The second time they said it was intentional and then hid the files again. Valvedrones are some of the most pathetic people related to technology right now.

valve is based