/v/ is utter shit right now so mobile/console hate thread?

What went wrong? The pc gaming segment has been completely shit since 2015 thanks to Intel dram and nvidias bullshit
Vidya asside this isn't good for the pc market as pre built and hardware sales are down across the board.
PC's are gonna go back to being a niche tech for normalfags and (((gamers))) due to stupid high costs for little benefit over tablettophones
So 202x is gonna be vr meme + workstations as the low-mid tier pc market is dead?

Attached: n.jpg (960x684, 225K)

/v/ can't have a civil discussion about hardware or consoles tho even infchans can't on their /v/
Glad we are finally getting good hedt threadripper 2 and stuff but when will prices drop along with new amd cards and turing? Never ever? Guess I picked a good time to quit gaming

PC gamers are losers at life. This is a fact.

Games that matter are still PC exclusive and run on absolute toaster hardware, who cares.

>pc and consoles have less revenue than 2012
seems like total bullshit to me

What the fuck do people even play on their phones for it to make so much money?

I think it's just game sales but that's not a good sign at all when f2p makes literally 2.x more money and cross platform mobile games are already here (minecrapft roblox fortnite etc) but it's bad for pc home user hardware at the end of the day because less fags will be building less and less low end and middle range pcs because prices of gpus literally quadrupled with the mining boom and now the fucking volta turing and whatever 7nm bullshit is going on
I don't expect amd to be any cheaper this time either

Freemium micro dlc etc
Games as a service shit like ea access etc is on pc/console as well then it will be Windows as a service then end game is streaming

>gaming

One of these day's you will grow up

I call bullshit that pc gaming alone is generating only 35bil. LoL alone is making about $1bil per year. There was list with microtransactions in mmo pc games and top10 combined had like $7bil.

I showed this graph to PC gamers before and they said it still ment PC gaming was growing.

both console and PC gaming has halved from 2010-2020 and pc was doing worse.

I guess the defence is PC gamers don't pay for games and might still be a hardcore gamer and only spend 20-40$ a year on games just to get multiplayer accounts and pirate every thing els or play old games that get bulk updates like CSGO/moba etc.

also this data wouldn't account for console gamers that buy 1 FPS game a year and play it for 12months strait. that will come up with like little to no revenue.

some better test would be console hardware sales vs PC hardware sales assuming people upgrade PC cpu once every 10 years and GPU every 5. that would prob be real data of who is gaming actual games. but buying stupidly expensive PC hardware for epeen would skew numbers as well.

but then lots of people buy consoles and play like 1 game on it and never play it again.. its hard info to find.

my gut feeling is there is like 4x + the amount of gamers on console that play as hardcore as PC gamers and on PC every one is frugal but there is less of us and just some whales that spend 600$ on a game from microtransactions. and then there is a huge amount of random people on pc that play terrible games but I wouldn't consider them hardcore gamers.

So? you can still game as a grown up, you dingus.

this slide might not be 100% accurate but its close to it.

I have kids in my family who are just fucking retarded when it comes to buying useless shit on mobile games and console games, like skins, clothing and whatever you call the useless garbage that games take money for now.

The problem with PC is that adults buy less crap than kids, and kids all game on mobile/console. So unless the game companies come up with a smart idea to steal our money, PC will continue to become smaller and smaller market. But we have the suprior and least gay platform, so thats that at least.

>implying /v/ isn't utter shit 24/7
/v/ is reddit while being more cancerous than reddit at the same time which I'm not sure how is it even possible.

>/v/ is utter shit
doesn't matter

So let me clarify, the fact that PC users waste less money on literal garbage is bothering you?

Because all the kiddies and their retarded normie parents buy consoles and games with DLCs like the fucking morons they are

Jow Forums and /v/ are absolutely indistinguishable when you take away the subject matter, as evidenced by the fact rotating generals are using cropped Rustle art

the suit guys still can't understand the difference between gaming and gambling

>freemium mobile shit like candy crush, clash of clans and fate/grand order are making billions
can we just end the world in a nuclear holocaust already?

>PC gamers are losers at life.
Gamers are losers at life.

If PC becomes niche again, maybe its games will stop being made to appeal to the idiot neurotypical masses. As long as Intel is dragged out into the street and beaten up for being incompetent hacks (same goes for microsoft) things should turn out for the better.

PC users are losers at life.

fuck pc

Fortnite is making $4bn a year at least.

>adults buy less crap than kids

either ur doing it wrong or i am fucking dumb. I buy more shit than ever now that i am an adult, just because i can

modern pc gaming is a fucking joke

Mobile gaymers are actually better than computer. Most of them have a life at least.

That's still 32% growth of PC games from 2012 to 2018. But comparing PC gaming to mobile gaming is almost pointless, because they are so different.

PC gaming is dying because no one wants to use Windows 10.

And yet mobile already makes twice as much on games let alone hardware sales and other applications.
Face it normal fags killed pc not just gaming but in generaleveb these overpriced shit gaming laptops ain't selling so well because a 500 console or phone is easier for idiots

Name an exclusive PC game in the past 3 years worth buying. PC simply has no games.

I am saying this with a 1080TI build.
Better resolution, FPS and textures are nice but most people just want to play games and don't give a fuck that.

GAMERS
RISE
UP

>/v/ is full of garbage, so now we're bringing the garbage here
Fuck off, retard.

Attached: rXdWdDg.jpg (999x999, 106K)

fuck off.

VERONICA ARE YOU SEEING THIS?!?

do you know what percentages are you dumbfuck?
2012- 82% of 70B= 57B
2018- 49% of 137B= 67B
and the growth of mobile is only due to gooks and chinks

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
It's the best game released in the last 3 years.

Arguably, this is good for everyone:
>Gayme publishers can lock the platforms down to their hearts' content, and have their window of opportunity for non-pirated sales before emulators catch up
>Conversely, gayme DRM doesn't have to affect playforms that actually matter, which is good for computing freedoms
>Gaymes move away from Windows, taking away the only remaining reason for using Windows
>Normalfags don't have to deal with PCs just to get some gayming done
>With the gay men gone, we can ll buy PC parts without RGB lighting again
It might mean that PC parts may get a bit more expensive, but who cares? They're so ridiculously cheap anyway, and we're no longer in an age where you have to upgrade every other year.

Attached: 621.jpg (300x356, 42K)

mobile gaming remains irrelevant as long as they're counting clickers as games and 8 year olds as gamers desu

including those categories with 30-year-old men playing milsims just makes the stats meaningless

PC was bigger than console gaming in 2014 and 2015? that's actually really surprising especially as console revenue includes no many systems.

>/v/ is utter shit right now
>right now
>implying there was a point in which it weren't

It's because pc gaming is expensive now

>right now

Attached: sonic unamused.png (941x708, 637K)

I'm talking about digital junk like loot crates and clothing and skins for your characters and of course buying Shit to level up in candy crush or similar games.

What's a good ARM based gaming system? Looking for console style, ie, no built in display

AppleTV

Anything not made by Apple or Microsoft?

...why do you want arm-based?
i guess get a shield or something?
but it's pointless, you can just get literally any shitbox tiny x86 computer and it will probably run better.

so it is bullshit as i said

isnt that the year the ps4 launched?

Literally funding AMD who is set to save the industry. Intel got what was coming to them. RTX is to Nvidia as AVX512 was to Intel (ie niche shit nobody uses that's been bolted on existing hardware) so expect AMD to start eating marketshare.

>26.122 billions in 2012
> 34.219 billions in 2021

Yeah, it's going downhill alright. We all know when an industry goes from 100% to 130% it's pretty much fucked.

Attached: bonzi_buddy_2_0_icon_by_the64thgamerdbfcua6.png (894x894, 1.12M)