E-reader General

So, where are we?

How's the technology going on?
What e-reader is the best for books?
What e-reader is the best for manga scans?
What e-reader do you have?

Attached: Capture.png (1558x734, 1.19M)

i've been experimenting

Attached: thinkpad_reader.webm (640x480, 1.25M)

god ur autistic

What is that, an X200T?

I tried that on my x230t
Uncomfy, and e-ink>ips for mango
Not to mention an e-reaser is a couple of grams vs 1.5kg on a Thinkpad.
Noticeable after hours of reading.
Never going back from my Kobo Aura one.

We're all autistic about something
Yes, an X200T
I wouldn't say it's uncomfy, but compared to an e-ink display it isn't optimal. This was more an experiment to see if I could do it. I love my boox for reading.

Attached: boox_thinkpad.jpg (5523x3108, 1.55M)

Kobo Aura H2O (2nd gen for better waterproofing) is probably the best thing I’ve bought in the last few years.
Save a ton of money on books with Libgen (I usually pay for more indie/niche academic stuff because I do want to support people, not publishers), amazingly comfortable and convenient, and I don’t think I’ve charged it in 4 weeks with 1hour reading every day, still got plenty of charge left.

My recommendations: you don’t need an SD card as much as you think you do. 8GB is 8,000 books. That’s a book every single day for years. Don’t let your computer/phone mentality of 5 minute timewasters infiltrate your reading, and you’ll have space for everything.
You do need a backlight, and preferably one with a temperature setting. Makes it way less disturbing to others if you read at night, plus it’s easier on the eyes.
DPI isn’t an issue; screen size is. Doesn’t have to be huge (that’s the point of a portable reader), but don’t get a pocket sized thing either. Try it out in person, if possible.
Finally, absolutely get a Kobo or non-Kindle. The proprietary shit actually makes a difference here, half the shit you need to jailbreak a Kindle for (no ads, more formats without converting) is default on a Kobo or PocketBook or Onyx or whatever.

For chinese webcomics, ereaders aren’t there yet, but the best experience you can get is a big device with a lot of space. You probably do need an SD card for mangos, because CBZ and CBR are basically folders of images.

So what device would you recommend for manga? I already own a Kindle Paperwhite and am quite pleased with it for ebooks. but I haven't tried playing around with manga. iirc the one time I tried a PDF, it was a pretty shit experience.

Fwiw, I don't mind a larger device, even something the size of a tablet, for manga. ...I guess on that note, I could just use my 2-in-1 laptop like user does above with his Thinkpad. (Though my device is an ASUS Q325UA)

How much do you want to pay? I got my Onyx Boox N96ML for $350 new with a case on ebay. You could probably find lower or something equivalent with better technology. It is a 10 inch reader though, so keep that in mind. And it runs android so you can load apps into it or use different readers.

Kobo is probably more affordable but you won't get as big a screen. It does have the temperature feature which can filter out the blue light and save your eyes from being sore from long reading.

Attached: kindle_vs_onyx.jpg (3522x2314, 1.99M)

retard
sage

Oof. Yeah, I imagine as large as possible would be ideal... Like around 13 inches, maybe, if it's going to be a good replacement for formatted documents like you have in your example pic. But $350 feels like a lot of money for an e-reader. I suppose that's kind of cheap for a full Android device, though.

>>>/reddit/

It also comes with a stylus and a microSD card slot. It has 16 gb onboard and can be expanded 32 gb for 48 gb total. There's a front light on it too. It's true that it is a expensive but you'll save a lot if you read a lot of books/PDFs/manga.
If you want 13 inches, that's going to cost you at least $700 USD.

New Kobo is coming soon. People are speculating it's a revised Aura One.

Kobo aura one's probably the best size wise for manga without resorting to $800 10 inchers.

>For chinese webcomics, ereaders aren’t there yet, but the best experience you can get is a big device with a lot of space. You probably do need an SD card for mangos, because CBZ and CBR are basically folders of images.

KA1/KCC combo (pic related) works pretty well, though battery life for the sole purpose of comic/manga reading is mediocre

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (450x428, 33K)

The one thing I want from my paperwhite is physical button on the side like the Voyage.

90% of e-reader are colored haired sjw fat women who read romantic fiction during office hour. Sage.

And the other 10% are not.

Hypothetically what is the best E-reader considering points and having a million bucks?

Attached: IMG_20180824_010634.jpg (917x960, 52K)

Rumors say lenovo yoga book 2 will have a secondary 10" eink screen. I can't wait to know if its real.