pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

>News
Reports are coming in that the Tokyo60 and CTRL keyboards have been shipped from Massdrop

Kono is still in the process of making RE:Type. Kono's separate and improved version of Massdrop's K-type

MODEL F user is almost down. All the main pcbs and parts have been given and ready for assembly. The Keycaps are still in prcoess.

Attached: tokyo60.jpg (1024x683, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Gigabyte-Mechanical-GK-FORCE-K83-BLUE/dp/B01BMJ0Y76
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=37&switch=&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
thingiverse.com/thing:2222657
zealpc.net/collections/accessories/products/zealencio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for fixed box switches.

Attached: DSC00683_1600x.jpg (1600x1069, 174K)

Anyone test those yet? They apparently just reduced the stem size. Hopefully the keycaps still holds them.

I'll be getting some in the mail soon enough.

old on the left, new on the right?

They're both new stems. It's just hard to see on the navy.

from that photo the jades look way thicker than the navies. thicker and more uneven

Because you only see the very top of the stem of the navies. there's a chamfer on the stem, and those nubs on the x axis are smaller than the older type.

For anyone with experience with wooden keycaps. What is wrong with the stems of them, I've heard that the stems are fragile, is this true? Would 3D printing just the stem attachment of the keycap and then wood gluing them to a square of wood solve this issue? Or would the 3d printed stem be even more fragile than what the wood would be?

Attached: fullsizeoutput_13c.jpg (750x422, 31K)

sounds like an awful experience altogether with tiny bits of wood falling off all the time.

Is this keyboard good?
amazon.com/Gigabyte-Mechanical-GK-FORCE-K83-BLUE/dp/B01BMJ0Y76

It's only $40. I just want clicky and a complete standard layout and this seems to do both at a solid price point.

Thoughts, please?

Attached: gigabutt.jpg (1000x1000, 68K)

Probably uses clone switches and thin pad printed ABS like any other chink board. Might as well get an actual chink board for cheaper if you'll accept that level of quality.

> Classic Design, Ultimate Enjoyment Built with CHERRY MX mechanical switches
Is this not the original?

Feel free to make recommendations, I would appreciate any.

How does quality actually differ from the enthusiast keyboards? (Does it actually matter?)

After a bit more reading, apparently it does actually use cherry switches. Not like that says much since cherry blues are shit tier. As for the differences it shows in the general build quality & things like the keycaps. You could get a ducky with doubleshot PBTs for example,

Attached: bla.jpg (2000x1333, 964K)

>since cherry blues are shit tier
Why? I just want a 'traditional' keyboard with a nice clicky tactile sensation and a pleasant sound. What's wrong with cherry blues?

I don't care about autism and just want a good keyboard with clicky clicky.

>a nice clicky tactile sensation and a pleasant sound.
Cherry blues have neither of these. That's the thing.

I tried one at best buy and it seemed quite clicky and sounded nice, what is your suggested alternative? are you just here to sperg out in my general direction instead of offering actual constructive posts? seems like a waste of time. we're posting in a general discussion thread and yet you're just being a dick

Anything that isn't a plastic click jacket switch. Save for maybe an aristotle hybrid switch. Something with clicky alps, buckling spring, or the kailh box thick clickbar switches would be much more tactile, and have a click that doesn't sound awful.

buckling spring a la old school IBM/HP keyboards?

Or the new unicomp ones, yes.

they're pricier and as far as I can tell simply louder, I used to have an old school IBM keyboard and it wasn't particularly impressive, by contrast the MX Blues I tried were softer to actuate and had a pleasant tactile click and a higher pitched sound which was pleasant as well

why do you think buckling springs are so much better? your criticisms seem really shallow desu, is this just because you're an enthusiast who appreciates very fine details or does it actually matter this much to a more casual end user?

>they're pricier and as far as I can tell simply louder
The feel is not the same at all. If you can't feel the fucking difference between a cherry mx blue and a buckling spring there's no hope for you.

>If you can't feel the fucking difference between a cherry mx blue and a buckling spring there's no hope for you.
I understand that the actuation force is higher, I'm not suggesting that I can't feel the difference. I'm simply wondering why you think it's so important or why you say MX Blues are "shit". They seem quite good.

You were already told that. They lack tactility and the click sound is awful.

but they don't lack tactility

Yes they do. Look at the force graphs yourself and compare them to any clicky alps or buckling spring.

Attached: dogshit vs actually tactile.jpg (1400x500, 178K)

that's an actuation force graph...
why would I want to push extremely hard like some autist with retard strength? I am a touch typist, the point is tactility, not super high actuation force
>tfw I come into a general and it's just one guy whose job it is to argue with passers by
how much they pay u brah

i had a unicomp with buckling springs years ago and it literally made my wrists ache
does it mean im a subhuman ?!

Attached: wtf.png (290x407, 178K)

How retarded are you? You can see the tactile bump right on the graph. It's right there how rounded, and pathetic the bump on cherrry blues are. Literally has nothing at all to do with whether you bottom out or not you mongoloid.

it's a force graph dude, all you're showing me is that one requires much more force
buckling springs were abandoned in favor of rubber domes for a reason my friend

The reason was cost you mouthbreather.

you weren't even alive back then so you can't possibly remember :)

Yes.

Attached: Mblllmmmbb.png (185x284, 104K)

It looks like a good deal if you like cherry mx blues... Although the more you go into this hobby you will realize that cherry blues are trash

The gmmk is currently 20% off. They are modular keyboard and I recommend trying out box jades with pbt keycaps. If you don't like the switches, you can just switch them out.

It means you are typing wrong, that is for sure.
Well for 1 they are wood so the stems chip off fast and gluing them one just sounds like a temporary solution

I'm not getting into this for a hobby, I just want a decent keyboard that is not as bad as a standard rubber dome

But I'd like to hear more input on why Cherry are bad desu

I guess it is good if you never touched a mechanical keyboards in your life, but for a little bit more it is basically garbage. Kalih box switches and even Halo switches have blown them completely out of the water. It is pretty much really Outemu/Kalih switches < Cherry Blues

did you mean Outemu > Cherry > Anything else? If so, are you suggesting that cherry blues are second place and above most other options?

how does one go about getting the mk13 keyboard presented in this picture?

Attached: tokyomk4-18.jpg (2000x948, 351K)

Do you not know how "greater than" signs work? Might wanna try school for a change.

And when I mean anything else it means like literally a bunch of other shit. I am talking about like a variety of 20-30 different clicky switches. It means it is in the bottom worst 5 clicky switches.

There is a reason why cherry blue switches are readily available for consumers... it is just shit.

gotta make it. I never seen a kit like that anymore, but it looks like a choc pad and a mouse ripped out of it.

>Do you not know how "greater than" signs work? Might wanna try school for a change.
I do, but since you said something that directly contradicts that immediately preceding it, I was trying to work out what you actually meant, you fucking retard
>Kalih box switches and even Halo switches have blown them completely out of the water
>Kalih switches < Cherry Blues
Which is it, dumb nigger?

Get a case 3D printed yourself and hand wire it.

lol you are pretty dumb.

First you don't know how a greater sign works because you are a brainlet.

Next you compare standard outemu/kalih switches with kalih box switches. Kalih box switches were a collab between novelkeys X kalih and they are completely different designs from standard kalih switches which were cheap imitations of the cherry switches.

You know what, buy your shitty keyboard and get out of here you dumb nigger. I am done explaining your stupid shit to anyone.

Attached: man-laughing.jpg (1000x791, 76K)

>First you don't know how a greater sign works because you are a brainlet.
you contradicted yourself and are fucking stupid

you said kalih was better and then stated that it was worse with your symbols
inb4 "pretending" to be retarded
dumb minorities

Attached: médicastre.png (476x387, 295K)

Pretty sure the only input novelkeys has with box switches is that kailh made a few unique flavors for them (pale blue, navy, etc). The box switch itself though wasn't some collaborative effort unless I'm mistaken.

>Next you compare standard outemu/kalih switches with kalih box switches. Kalih box switches were a collab between novelkeys X kalih and they are completely different designs from standard kalih switches which were cheap imitations of the cherry switches.

Like how you ignore the entire reason your logic is shit. Fuck off and buy your shit keyboard you dumb shitstain.

>inb4 "pretending" to be retarded
Nah that is what you are doing ignoring the shit I wrote. Sorry you are a nigger and can't read.

Well the only good ones really are the ones of collab. Standard box switches are not anything to write home about.

>Like how you ignore the entire reason your logic is shit. Fuck off and buy your shit keyboard you dumb shitstain.
you literally contradicted yourself and i demonstrated it with direct quotes and you just ignored that and posted reaction image and said i was wrong

you are fucking stupid
literally unintelligent

Attached: Jonque.png (313x391, 253K)

>>Next you compare standard outemu/kalih switches with kalih box switches. Kalih box switches were a collab between novelkeys X kalih and they are completely different designs from standard kalih switches which were cheap imitations of the cherry switches.

^
^
Oh what is that
Sure I did brainlet. Learn how to read you dumb nigger.

>Kalih box switches and even Halo switches have blown them completely out of the water
>Kalih switches < Cherry Blues
Which is it, dumb nigger?

>Literally some brainlet getting mad because he can't math
Oh fuck my sides
Jow Forums never change

Attached: g.jpg (590x440, 123K)

>kalih box switches = standard kalih switches
You see those words. You see how they are not the same. Ask a whitey how to read you dumb nigger.

Attached: bald.png (296x257, 124K)

Is this the new gunposting?

You failed to make the distinction in the original post. Again, you are fucking stupid and seem to have a massive ego despite that. Like, you just have a low IQ

kek

I wonder what it's like to be such a mouth-breather and to get so mad about it after you get called out, even though the person to whom you're speaking just wanted to have a simple discussion about a simple topic in good faith. Damn, you are one pathetic shitskin :^)

All I have to answer is this.

Also
>Can't read or math

Attached: hamster.png (680x595, 890K)

>calls people stupid with a massive ego
>Wants a cherry mx board
kek

>hamster.jpg
reminds me of when those basedboy faggots were responding with le random images in response to being wrecked on twitter during the trump run kek

anyway good luck with your big brain that segfaults on the simplest stuff, literal subhuman
>his self worth is predicated upon his perception of his own intellect
>he constantly has to front as a result
>he fucks it up anyway
kek

>>Jow Forums

Why does the hhkb tofu have an intergrated plate and hot swap pcb but the regular tofu doesnt

Best way to dry keycaps and also main boards? cant spend a day on it sadly

looking for a keycap set for a pok3r rgb, anyone have suggestions? What profile should I go with?

What is with the 60% meme? Why is every fucking kit keyboard some tiny useless layered piece of shit made PORTABLE for hipsters to take into lecture halls and clickity-clack over their professor or something? And why does everyone go for some meme spherical keycaps that look like they came off some C64? Why doesn't anybody just make a sensible, no-nonsense keyboard without a kiked-out markup? Why do people think any single Cherryshit switch is actually good? WHY DOES EVERYBODY HAVE SUCH SHIT TASTE REEEEEEE

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 52K)

PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DONT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

you sound like me.
link me to what is in your opinion the best available, please.

Why is /mkg/ so slow lately? Is it because summer is almost over?

Attached: IMG_0012.png (370x320, 10K)

Yeah, last thread died extremely fast. I thought we were just getting pushed out by gpu threads.

>Budget: Undecided

>Location: USA

>Preferred switch type: Cherry brown or clear, I'm not familiar with other brands

>Layout: If I understand correctly, ANSI

>Form factor: Full size

>Backlight: doesn't matter

>Previous/current keyboards: Microsoft Wired Keyboard RT2300 at home, some microsoft ergonomic wired USB keyboard at work that I found at a thrift store

Is soldering the keyboard yourself significantly cheaper than buying something outright?

>Is soldering the keyboard yourself significantly cheaper than buying something outright?
depends on what you want, but generally if it isn't some niche layout it will cost you more then buying a prebuilt. As for keyboards check out Leopold as they make some of the best out there. mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=37&switch=&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
Now they are pricey, but if you want something good with plenty of features, different colors and lighting options with some models being cheaper then check out Ducky
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

/mkg/ doesn't buy customs or do any significant modding.

I got new pbt keycaps for my noppoo choc mini they are nice ok bye

How to not create marks on the bottoms of keys?

Attached: Red_Keycap_Puller_Wire_5__92257.1434481818.500.659.jpg (500x286, 9K)

Use a plastic keycap puller, or one of these.

Attached: metalkp_1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 28K)

About to pull the trigger on TKL filco HAKUA.

Red or Blues?

Also anyone have any experience with the KOBO frames? Are they just acrylic skins that they pull over the board or are they actual plastic pieces?

Attached: 1529398444001.png (500x500, 342K)

Lubed MX PCB mount retool Blacks are the only answer.

Would a 3D printed board be considered a custom? Or do you just mean all the same-y looking aluminum cased TKL or smaller boards?

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

Anything that isn't a garbo OEM board.

Attached: 7rjjwkxuswx01.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Is there anything with a compact 1800 layout that has lighting? Something like the leopold 980m. I don't care about RGB, and just want blues and a white light.

Sauce? Where can I purchase one of these?

Attached: 1526273288651.png (400x457, 154K)

I guess it's a good thing that none of these standard staggered boards interest me anymore. Same with GMK keycaps (which are very overpriced imo).

Attached: tp7t07c6hn111.jpg (6000x4000, 1.63M)

reeeee and somebody told me metal wire ones were better

You just have to worry about scratching the side of the keycaps with that other style. Pick your poison.

Does a metal wire version with the metal padded or coated with plastic exist

Not that I know of. Get some plasti-dip and use it on your wire puller if you're that worried about the bottom of the caps. There's this if you have access to a 3D printer.

thingiverse.com/thing:2222657

Wire puller won't do shit to caps. You're being paranoid.

I have cherry reds right now and if you have not used a light switch before it will take some getting used to.

is MX Red the greatest scam in the mech industry? you have to be somewhat retarded to think this are worth buying. I wish I didn't listen to my friend FUCK

some nigga tryin to sell me a Fuhlen and a Ganss kb for cheap. I've literally never heard of these brands before. should I save my money instead?

They already fucked some of the keycaps on my at101w

I just got my first mechanical keyboard today. It uses Cherry MX red switches.

It's louder than the membrane keyboards I'm used to, but I like the light keypress. It's not as loud as my brother's which uses blue switches that I can hear from across the apartment. Is there a way I can make it quieter?

So far so good, except that I mistakenly ordered the one without the backlight .

Attached: 61YgdDXKxYL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

landing pads, o-rings, or zealencios. Take your pick. I can sell you the latter at a discount :^)

How much of a discount?

zealpc.net/collections/accessories/products/zealencio

I have 120 of em up for sale for $50.

Not bad. I'll look into them after I exchange mine for a backlit one so I can type in the dark.