Daily reminder to donate to wine

daily reminder to donate to wine

one day we will reach independency bros

Attached: CF-k9JAUEAAhvqg.jpg (530x492, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4l6b06/windows_vs_linux_fps_performance_spoiler_linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no thanks. i'll just use windows instead, you know, because it actually works.

This but unironically

guys it might sound exaggerated today but you should stop relying in corporative software

>because it actually works
You need to configure a bunch of shit to game properly on windows.
>turn off game bar
>turn off several different telemetry settings that scan your disk and upload the info to microshaft
>unpark cores, you probably haven't even done this yet
Do all that and gaming performance is still worse than native Linux games on identical hardware because Windows has so much weighing it down.

Attached: 1526886845729.png (1027x563, 571K)

>gaming performance is still worse than native Linux games on identical hardware
in what dimension?

Look up benchmarks and see for yourself.

Here's one to get you started:
reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4l6b06/windows_vs_linux_fps_performance_spoiler_linux/

>reddit

Attached: a97e79a5d89c98891c832524f0e978075881c6ab18d943fff0c5d37d657449c7.jpg (600x396, 27K)

money would be better spent financing xfce/kde or gimp desu

>outting yourself as retarded
What does that have to do with the information?

Attached: 28429388.jpg (837x566, 110K)

explain

>everything posted on reddit is wrong

Attached: 1527874544701.jpg (600x512, 26K)

>opengl
>vulkan
>doesnt state what game/program is even running

Attached: LEL_Emoji.jpg (796x568, 81K)

Wine already got gaben's money, gnome has red hat backing but because it's shit we need a better alternative aka xfce and KDE (I prefer unity but that's unpopular opinion)
And gnu/Linux needs a Photoshop alternative, pouring money on gimp could help maybe

imagine if everyone who bought windows instead donated that money to wine

>guys it might sound exaggerated today but you should stop relying on software at all
ftfy and /thread

You assume that you could drown Wine in devs and it would magically work fine.

in the case of wine that would probably help a lot since it's just about reimplementing the windows api rather than coming up with something new

Wouldn't that end up making Wine useless, since Windows buyers would be using Linux?

we still have 30 years of software made for windows

not really because there is a big past of applications behinfd that we would still need the compatibility of

Nah, everyone would be using HaikuOS. Linux is such a mess. Inelegant and to this day can't copy files in one string and do something else in others, freezing up desktop in heavy file operations on 8 core 1800

but is not enough! i will stop sending money when i can play gta 5 well through it

>GTA V
Lol are you still playing that shit?
I'd rather play GTA SA
Anyway

i said it as an example, i dont actually play any of that, i meant that i will stop sending money when i can play even the most heavy app of windows well through it

bump