Is ubuntu/gnome actually normie trash?

is ubuntu/gnome actually normie trash?

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t-c,22,2,0,352.u1.jpg (528x352, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you are normie trash

>OS is good
>everybody uses it
"Nah I'm a special snowflake I don't want to look like everyone I want people to see my desktop and be like WOW! That's uncommon!"

Fucking distro hoppers pieces of shit. OSes aren't a fashion accessory these are tools to be productive.

Nah its fine, although the version of Gnome shipped with the upgrade is slow as fuck ime

Yes. It appeals to normalfaggot retards with big fat buttons and thick babyish title bars and tries to install every piece of software ever made by default.

Not normie at all, but Jow Forumsormie for sure.

Attached: 1491422615092.jpg (580x346, 47K)

I've gone through the distro hopping cycle and settled on Ubuntu with Cinnamon.

Shit just works and now so do I :)

Attached: 1528308045249.jpg (878x658, 37K)

Nothing whatsoever to do with Linux is normie.

I don't like Gnome but Ubuntu is alright.

yet u use it to shitpost

GNU+Linux

yeah but what i mean with normie trash is if gnome/ubuntu are slow or not optimized enough and just popular because are the recommended for beginners, i thought that's what people meant, relax user

I'm a different post, but use it. I've ran it on only core i5s or higher but as low as 4gb of ram HHD and ssd configurations.

Its always a pleasure to use, in my opinion the entire package is fine and I don't feel necessary to remove much if anything.

unironically this.

/thread

Don't fall for the obscure os with window manager meme. Install Ubuntu and get on with your life. If you don't like gnome you can literally just install any DE you want.

This thread was sponsored by Canonical Ltd.

Dumb frogposter

There are literally no differences between ubuntu vs any other distro. Special snowflakes gonna snowflake

At what point in your life have you benefitted from an optimized OS w.r.t. Ubuntu?
Like, did you have a life-changing moment where you went "wow, thank God this wasn't a pre-compiled package"?

lmao the ubnutu defense force itt
i use ARCH btw~

will Ubuntu work flawlessly with my Zenbook UX430?

install Xubuntu

unfortunately yes
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=565797

notice the year

no you don't

probably, yes

how did you find out

On Jow Forums everyone shits on Ubuntu because of its ease of installation. All Linux distros can essentially install the same software and it doesn't really matter what you used. Ubuntu does a phenomenal job at being the "just wurkz" distro, its has everything you need out of the box and will get you working in less than 20 minutes.

Now if you want to learn about how operating systems work under linux, Ubuntu won't teach you about that. Ubuntu's job is to bring quick and ease of access to people that want a functioning distro. The reason why shitheads on Jow Forums call it normie trash, is because ubuntu is simple to install, and thats it. You can still use free and open source software on it, you can still use proprietary software on it. Its the best linux distro, honestly, but no one here will admit that.

Manjaro is the ubuntu of Arch btw. Literally the same distro just with AUR.

>is ubuntu/gnome actually normie trash?
I tried ubuntu for a bit, isn't really worth it and other ones are worse so none of them are useful to normal people on their own. Its just a waste of time.

>>OS is good
>>everybody uses it
So Windows.
>"Nah I'm a special snowflake I don't want to look like everyone I want people to see my desktop and be like WOW! That's uncommon!"
Why?
>Fucking distro hoppers pieces of shit. OSes aren't a fashion accessory these are tools to be productive.
Sure but then why linux at all?

you emphasised it also the meme is funnier if it's
>btw i use arch

This post is brought to you by The Jewish Content Network®

ubuntu/unity was the best ubuntu there ever was

what do you mean?

>>OS is good
>So is windows
It's an ok OS but it lives WAAAY in the past. The NT kernel should be rewritten from scratch and the registry is a retarded idea.
>Why
That was satire
>Why linux at all?
Because I like being in full control of my data and what I send over the internet. Since I'm a programmer, using Linux isn't an issue at all for my productivity, in fact it's the best OS to develop on IMO. I do get that people who need the adobe suite or office or something will be less productive on linux but for the vast moajority of people, everything they do on windows (browsing facebook on chrome and checking their emails) can be done as easily on Linux.