How often do you upgrade your pc?

How often do you upgrade your pc?

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Only as often as necessary. So maybe once every couple of years average.

i've bought the majority of my hardware in 2014 and considering an upgrade now. before that it was 2011 with mostly budget parts. thus every 3 to 4 years.

I haven't bought computer hardware since 2014, since my needs have not changed since then.
None of my thinkpads are newer than 2008.

i want to marry felix

Would I regret buying a cheapo $200 emmc laptop and installing debian on it?
I want a lightweight laptop with 12 hours of battery life so i can stop being tethered to the wall anywhere I go.

excellent choice!

Attached: ferris otp!.jpg (824x1200, 177K)

NEET here, can't upgrade because no money.

I tend to buy a new computer entirely once the CPU and mobo are outdated to shit. I'll upgrade my GPU and RAM every few years if needed.

I have had 5 different CPUs and motherboards and 3 different cases and some other components from 2012 to 2017 but I didn't buy anything, I am just an opportunist technician in beanland in a city nobody knows shit about PC's.

As soon as I have to switch to low settings in new games to achieve a solid framerates

Every two weeks, like clockwork. Otherwise Gentoo gets too bloated.

Attached: Pope.jpg (540x393, 17K)

everyday

get a load of this edgelord

pewdiepie a racist

Once per decade or so.
Such is the life of a slav

Yearly, usually. Sometimes I just sidegrade or future proof. Like when I didn't have money to upgrade, I sold my Z77/3770K and bought a 5820K from it. I got 5 € back from this. Often hardware has a perfect drop of point, like this year when I sold that i7 for 250 €. One month later it was only worth half of it.

Once it gets full you moron.

git gud

Attached: 1509161788110.png (852x666, 167K)

once every decade

Attached: sips.webm (1280x720, 2.38M)

i never upgrade my computer, people always recommend me wait for this next generation of products

GPU upgrade when games don't really work well, which is usually about 4-5 years. Full rebuild after about 10+ years or so. Still rockin' my i7 920 for now.

I originally owned a Pentium 4 with GeForce 3 graphics, eventually I swapped it out with a GeForce 6600

I didn't upgrade during the Core2Duo and Core2Quad era since I needed all the shekels I can get

I bought the i7 920 and GTX260 when it was fairly new, I eventually replaced the 260 with twin 460s and it was a massive mistake since the 580 just came out

I upgraded to the 4770k and 780 in 2014 that I still use today

I'm waiting to see RTX 2070/2080 benchmarks as well as the new incoming Intel 8-cores

I've put off upgrading for like 2 years now and I hope both Nvidia and Intel's new products are good

I don't know what your use case is, but if it's anything more than text editing or web browsing don't bother.

I did get Quake working on my chromebook though, so there's that.

Attached: qoomer.png (380x349, 206K)

My last upgrade was 2011 and I'm just now considering swapping my i7 2600k for a Ryzen 2700x.

When things break.

Once every never since 2016.

Attached: 1441686871204.jpg (1280x720, 751K)

lmao. I should have done this. Now i am an adult

around every 4 years

every 4-5 years

When theres an evolution in tech
e.x. Sata SSD -> Nvme SSD

waiting on ddr5 ram and rtx 3000

Not too often. Updated my desktop in 2015 last time and most parts are from 2008. Laptop in 2008 - 12 - 15, and kinda want to update it again but doubt Applel will change enough to make it worth it.

And that's a good thing!

Every 5 or so years.

I do it by parts at a time. Vid card, SSD, Monitor, power supply are done when needed or price drops. Case, motherboard, CPU and memory when all 4 are worth it as well. Then I combine new with old and move on with Windows 7. Sadly may need to downgrade to 10 with the next step.

My desktop PC is 9 a year old Core 2 Duo. I really should upgrade it soon.

wait for DDR5

Whenever I get a significant performance kick from doing so. Was every year or so back in the 90s. Now my youngest machine is an Ivy Bridge Core i5 I threw together in 2013.

about every 5 years if I need to. Last build I did was in 2014 so I can play bf4 in ultra. Now most games I play are not that demanding so I might not upgrade this time around.

Every 10 years.

Every 7 years as a guide.
Sometimes I extend the time by upgrading the GPU only and sometimes I upgrade earlier when the CPU is not up to some task.
I am on a i7-4470k and GTX 1070 and do not feel any pressure to upgrade just now.

At this point I'm probably waiting on cheap/accessible RISC-V. x86 is fucked. Not wasting another dime on it. I'll keep using my very vulnerable sandy bridge computers until then.

I just buy a new macbook pro when my old one gets slow

Every couple nvidia gpu cycles or when I need more storage.

until it becomes impossible to use or something breaks. so far im on my first computer

dont listen to get ryzen 2000 or if you want wait for 3000. who knows when will ddr5 come to mainstream

Last time was 2016 before that was 2006.

2012 was my last upgrade, thinking of upgrading in a few months

Have not upgraded in like 8 years desu

I usually upgrade every 3 years, but after the price reveals of the new I9-9900 and the RTX cards, I feel forced to wait.

It is damn suffering, i just wanna blow skyhigh FPS on 1440P, but the intel/nvidia duo is jewing out of control at the moment.

Everyone screams next year with 7nm is gonna fix everything... I wanna believe in the rumors, I cant keep waiting.

Attached: pep.jpg (385x385, 23K)

Newest laptop is 2016, newest laptop I regularly use is 2011. Built new desktop last month, before that my last build was about 4 years ago.

Unless you gaming you don't need upgrade laptop from 2011 perfectly fine.

After about 2 years usually I upgrade something. Full machine replacement is more like 5 years.

GPU when mine starts to struggle with any new game I want to play.

Everything else whenever major hardware revision happens like DDR and PCIe. Unless something fails, I upgrade that on the spot

>mfw I had 7 different laptops in 3 years but haven't upgraded my PC once

Attached: thinking.gif (256x256, 458K)

Well... usually I upgrade each nm iteration. Since I got a i7 6700k the next step will be 10nm... whenever this will happen

When I can no longer do what I need.

A die shrink a year keep the goy in fear. Enjoy your 10nm"++++"

Nono I don't care about "+++++"
I go 14nm -> 10nm -> 7nm -> etc.