/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Previous thread:

Attached: based_Verizon.jpg (600x814, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.area120.grasshopper&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=Rub-JsjMhWY
youtu.be/l0qvxPPISuY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Verizon

Attached: ss.png (911x306, 91K)

Attached: A sermon on safety.jpg (1144x1296, 392K)

lol who is that faggot. I regret visiting his twitter page.

(((Verizon)))

Verizon is based, they oppose net neutrality.

Explain to me why a fire department NEEDS an internet connection to communicate?

Don't they communicate over radio?

FRP is based

I predict OOPset OOPsies

(((Verizon)))

"OES 5262" seems to be a mobile command centre vehicle. I guess the vehicles can send each other orders and updates over the internet.

OOP is not based

There's no particular reason why they need to use the network Verizon built. They could have built their own and used that. It's not like they have anything better to do like putting fires out.

I really wanna get into coding. I am 22 and am I too old for this or something like that?

Is this a good app to learn coding on?
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.area120.grasshopper&hl=en

Grasshopper: Learn to Code for free.

So they contacted tech support via email and tech support, who cannot fuck around with billing shit since they are tech support, told them to call *611 and talk to a CSR, who can actually change plans and charges, to change their shit back and they splurge out because it took a couple of extra minutes to get shit sorted out.

Attached: 1534350487442.jpg (800x450, 85K)

>It's not like they have anything better to do like putting fires out.
Everybody who doesn't work in tech is basically a moron and we'd all be better off if all the firefighters and farmers and plumbers of the world quit their jobs and started programming instead.

I'd like to learn a programming language that won't go out of style.

I tried Lisp, but there's only one complete tutorial, and it was written by someone who can't remember not knowing Lisp and who glosses things over. I don't think it's well-documented enough for my first programming language.

What do you recommend, Jow Forums?

That's not how things work, people hire 3rd party because they work better and are cheaper, which implies it would be more expensive and do less than hire the same service from some other company. You're asking for a whole department and skilled enough people to handle everything, which is dumb and more expensive decision.
The problem was Verizon being greed, not the provider per se.

>It's not like they have anything better to do like putting fires out.
Did you seriously miss this blatant sarcasm?

:^)

when Tmobile and sprint merge along with implementing Tmobiles 600mhz spectrum, Verizon's jewish tricks will be a thing of the past.

C, C++, C#
Shit OP

Brainlet much? Why would you use radio when you can see real time fire progress and locations of fire engines, safety centers, water refill stations, houses that have or have not been checked off for evacuation etc.

>I am 22 and am I too old
Are you looking to be hired by a pedophile? Most places hate hiring kids anyways.

>Is this a good app to learn coding on?
I never used an app but as long as you get good at googling to understand stuff then you'll be fine. If you come across something that doesn't make sense, or just want to know why exactly something is done a certain way, you'll have to know how to look up the answer.

I'm trying to understand the spring framework but I guess I'm a brainlet. pls someone explain what dependency injection really is and why it is good

Lisp

Top kek

It's an overcomplicated version of function application.

and what is a function application?

If f is a function and x is a value, then f(x) is applying f to x, i.e. function application.

Oversimplifying version of dependency injection.

t. Java consultant

Services that an object needs in order to do its job are provided as parameters (usually in the ctor) rather than being hardcoded.

That's all it is.

help i don't understand

Attached: D8CRtMS.jpg (374x374, 39K)

But apparently you need a framework to do that in the real world.

Poolangs have such bloated syntax and weak semantics that even passing parameters is so needlessly complicated that you need framework magic to do it for you.

You need to wear the programming outfit to understand

You're wrong user because I read a Java trainer's blog and he said that the only practical way to do it is with a framework.

I can pass the parameters in the constructors just fine. what is special about spring?

>not a CS guy
>taking an AI class
>need to know python, java or C/C++
>kinda know python
>want to know C++
how hard is C++ to learn when you're a 120+ IQ wizard at matlab? The class starts on Monday

>Put the address of my apartment on my resumes/in the form
>Wasn't getting any replies even though I was applying to positions waay below my skill level
>What the fuck is going on man
>Look up my address on accident
>mfw
>apparently there was an accident at my apartment a few years ago
>landlord neglected to tell me
>tfw employers probably think i was involved even tho i only moved in 3 months ago

well fuck. i've already sent my resume out to hundreds of places. what do?

Attached: 1527632425929.png (215x220, 76K)

Got some bad news for you user

Not samefag, but tell me about the programming outfit.

C++ is easy, it's just a fuckin' language m8. Pick up a reference book and learn the syntax.

If a brainlet like myself was able learn it then I'm sure you will be able to as well.

Spring uses magic anntoations like @Autowired rather than doing it in the constructor.

How does a raytracer know which direction to shoot the rays in order to make them intersect the light source?

Attached: 1534636740033.jpg (565x511, 35K)

>he doesn't know

What the fuck is "accident" in the context of this post

and what does that annotation do under the sheets?

I would never put my address on my resume.

send and receive logistical documentation.
When you have a large-scale fire, you're also doing things like evacuating people, so you need a way to get updated lists of addresses on the fly, or information on the spread of the fire using GIS.

I know this because I actually do this and was involved in the logistics of the California fires, specifically evacuation and care.

Without internet, it was a logistical clusterfuck and we had to pull 150 employees from various state agencies to make phone calls. Simple things like getting a headcount of affected areas took 3-4 times longer.

>Explain to me why a fire department NEEDS an internet connection to communicate?
GPS tracing, video feed and other metadata.

>it took a couple of extra minutes to get shit sorted out.
what alternate reality is this
i want to visit it

The C++ book I have is ~1000 pages long, so... yeah.
You'll be using python for the class, and it's not a bad choice at all.
I'm learning C++ on the side as I'm not strictly a CS person, and it's really pretty fucking insane. Not so bad if you just take your time, but you're not going to be able to make anything for quite a while.

Find the implementation required for a variable or something using an XML configuration file.

>fingerboxing
Why you gotta be so boring

It aids in programming cognition. In order:
>nail polish (let it dry)
>panties
>pantyhose
>leotard
>thigh high socks
>sleeveless dress
>makeup
>heels
>opera gloves
>suitable hat

Any reference suggestions? Is ole Bjarne's book the way to go?
>listening to programming gatekeepers
>ever
lol
I know OOP, I know what a pointer is. "Pretty insane" sounds like complete horseshit if I'm being perfectly honest.

I'm trying to execute MongoDB's mongod with sudo via Bash, isn't working because 'permission denied'. Even after I changed the permissions on the mongod file to read, write, and execute for everyone. What am I doing wrong? Read permission is granted for all the encapsulating directories. Do I need to grant execution permission for the directories above it too, or perhaps the other MongoDB-related files?

Attached: chuu_crew.jpg (750x987, 72K)

Ah yes, the gateway to cutting your own dick off. Soon.

This a joke, right?

>Any reference suggestions? Is ole Bjarne's book the way to go?
not him, but there isn't a c++ bible. books talk about the same things in different ways and all of them end up being useful.
c++ primer and c++ principles and practice can be nice

Nope. It's been an open secret on Jow Forums for years.

Nope.

shoo shoo newfags

So um... this is going to make me good at programming?
A-alright then...

>not him, but there isn't a c++ bible. books talk about the same things in different ways and all of them end up being useful.
I meant useless*

I've been coming to Jow Forums and /dpt/ for better part of the year. I just assumed cds were in the minority, like irl.

Relax and enjoy it, user! You'll see your programming skills increase in almost no time when you wear the outfit!

Just watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=Rub-JsjMhWY

the apress reference books are good. bjarne's book is good but a bit too thick

dont spend too much time dicking around on videos. just code and use google when you're stuck. 9 times out of 10 there's a library or object call that will solve your problem

Just watch that youtu.be/l0qvxPPISuY

>good but a bit too thick
That's what ur mom said.

>dependency injection
You have an object that relies on another object. It might look like this
public myObject()
{
dependency = new Dependency();
}

You want to test your code but your tests will now rely on that "new Dependency()" bit working properly. You're no longer just testing this object.

You avoid this by instead of having your object ensure its dependency is created, it just accepts the dependency handed to it. That would look like this
public myObject( Dependency dependency )
{
this.dependency = dependency
}
Now the code for just myObject can be tested without having to involve other parts of your code. You just need to ensure a working dependency is provided.

why not just use lens and reader? tbqhfam

sir thank you kind sir

different paradigms and language designs lead to different program designs and principles

the last line in your "proper" example breaks your code, good job

>radio
Did they just defrost you?

no shit sherlock. surprised you didn't also complain about Dependency not being defined or imported anywhere

no, i imagine that your code is a vertical slice. unfortunately that last line is part of the slice, so you fucked up. If this were a job you'd have submitted source code that couldn't compile and mucked up the master repo--consider this.

Lisp literally got out of style three decades ago, user. It was one of the most popular languages in the 80's, and now it's used about as much as COBOL.

What OS/distro do you use and what kind of development do you do? All replies get a cookie.

spoken like a true underage TD_fag.

pls respond

Attached: 1532559523224.jpg (480x602, 66K)

is kotlin for brainlets that write shit code and need a language to make it look less shit?

i think he's being ironic user
or at least i hope so

>more than twice the cost
It's a $10 or $15/m difference between their lowest service tier of unlimited and highest.
You fucks shouldnt have seen cost-benefit compromise as the priority in such a serious situation. It is neither Verizon's fault nor the public's responsibility that you do not do your due diligence when contracting a private service and reap the consequences
>t. grandfathered unl. plan tethering 150GB/m for 6 years

some couple was hosting a rave in the apartment. apparently a guy noticed his ex gf raving with some other faggot. a ensued domestic brawl that ended in grave injury for one of the parties involved.

Verizon is a private company, they should be able to restrict whatever they want on their network.

It was supposed to be a nicer Java but ended up as an abomination instead

They're probably tracking the location of everyone and everything retard

They most definitely should not. They should be nationalized.

Attached: dave-anthony- -daveanthony-nationalize-the-internet-we-paid-to-29245218.png (500x506, 78K)

>Verizon is a private, they should
...Be a utility company.

No thank you, I hate having to hope for the right roll of 12.

>right roll of 12.
I'm not sure if I'm following you.

M

O

N

K

O

A