/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for 9700k - Almost surely best for 1080p gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: purple jacket snakeoil salesman.png (512x363, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/mhntgs
pcpartpicker.com/list/QXsLdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/CTW4ZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/tjcbRJ
morele.net/monitor-aoc-q3279vwfd8-4671262/
pcpartpicker.com/list/GNqmNQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/PmgbRJ
amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8I7M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1KXWME1PJYQ18&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/nz6rq4
pcpartpicker.com/product/Mb4gXL/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc3000pwm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kek at op pic

is the 1080ti worth the extra 200$ over the 1080 for scientific computing with CUDA?
Occasional gaymen aswell, was planning on buying a 1440p 144hz monitor to go with it.

Attached: tuks6.jpg (640x360, 31K)

Yes

I'm looking right now at AOC Q3279VWFD8. Is this a scam why is this monitor so cheap what's going on there must be something wrong with it?

>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans

is this a meme? some of those listed are just using old 980ti heat sinks and fans. those are bad now?

Attached: 1531379313571.jpg (1280x1024, 171K)

What case can I get without looking like a 13 year old 1337 gamer with a bunch of rainbow faggot RBG lights? Pic unrelated.

Attached: it_s_a_mystery_by_kaylaerinofficial-db60egy.jpg (730x1095, 113K)

I assumed so
I have the money, but my stingy jew senses are still holding me back

Attached: 1517516605480.png (451x619, 429K)

>is the 1080ti worth the extra 200$ over the 1080 for scientific computing with CUDA?
It's ~40% more CUDA cores.

I see $330 for 1440p 75hz IPS.
That's in line with dozens of other 1440p 75hz IPS monitors. What makes you think this is too good to be true? You can get the 144hz Mbest monitor for that price.

I can't find a 980Ti with the same heatsink as the ASUS Dual and MSI Armor.
There was an Armor x2 980Ti but its heatsink and fan is considerably better than the Armor heatsink which was used on a ton of current gen models. That one is closer to the Armor Mk2 heatsink and fan.

Meshify C? Q300L. Uh there's tons. Few have lights, really.

I guess my GPU is dying.
i5-4670k
MSI 787-G45 Gaming Mobo
Seasonic M12 650W Bronze
MSI Radeon 7950

It had a good run for 6 years, what can I get to replace it?

Attached: Sceen.jpg (500x278, 26K)

>144hz Mbest monitor
I've been thinking about this one
I saw a bunch of positive reviews, but is there any downside to this monitor?

>I see $330 for 1440p 75hz IPS.
It's ~$200 in the place I checked and they're not showing it as discounted price. Which is extremely fucking cheap.

>all these mobo brands
>all these cpu choices
>need ram to maximize ryzen performance
>need wifi too, mobo doesnt have wifi? have to get card
>will it fit in case?
>oh god theres mini itx micro and other cases
>can get smaller case but will I overclock? oh no
>wait micro is bigger than mini wtf
>shit is my psu good enough
>it's bronze which means its shit?
>oh god cooler is incompatible with micro case I like need smaller cooler or get bigger case

pcpartpicker.com/user/Nonymous1/saved/mhntgs

Help me bros I'm at my breaking point

Attached: ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049.jpg (970x545, 57K)

1070 ti

where user
that sounds like a sweet deal
looks pretty solid to me
you might want to pick up more storage

I don't know why you are so nervous? The mobo isn't the greatest (still not bad though) but this couldn't be more straightforward. Just slap it together and power it on.

I'm from Poland, so it's in Polish shop and normaly monitors are about 50% more expensive than in usa so I thought there must be something wrong for a 1440p 75hz monitor to be cheaper than my 1080p 60hz.

should get a dell ultrasharp u2412m for $50, or a dell se2416h for $50?

am on a budget

ah damn
tfw mutt
but yeah if that thing is what it says it is, $200 is a steal

It's my first PC and I'm not sure what mobo I should be looking for. I want to overclock it later when I get a fan or something but not sure if it's possible.

Where are you seeing the u2412 for $50. Get it. That's a damn good price. I have the 15 version and the 16:10 ratio is good tier. I also got a 2007FP for $60 last month and love that one for playing my old games.

That mobo will be able to overclock, it should be sufficient for what you're doing

So what are some good rx 580 models? I keep reading that Sapphire makes the highest quality 580 cards, is that true?

Compared to other AHVA(IPS) monitors? No downside, it's simply the best available.

A few Anons have gotten it over the past weeks since Level1Tech did their review and have been really happy with it.
There is an Amazon user review which said their first one had 2 dead pixels, but not hearing of that as a common problem like the PG279Q or whatever.

Only real reason to consider another 1440p monitor is because you want a proper IPS with wider color gamut or 10bit color.

Oh. $200 for a 1440p 75hz IPS is really fucking good. If you don't even plan to get a GPU powerful enough to drive close to 144, or don't care for 144, maybe you should just get that?

You mean similar performance, or an upgrade?
1050Ti is a slight upgrade, and far lower power usage.
RX580 is almost 2x the performance or so compared to a non-flashed 7950.

XFX has the best PCB, but the coolers are just so so.
Red Devil, Nitro, and Strix are the best coolers.

>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
preferably under 3k no more than 2.5k USD would be optimal
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
Video editing, and multitasking
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
Same as above, video editing and multitasking

pcpartpicker.com/list/QXsLdX

This is what I've come up with so far. Any recommendations?

Just a straight upgrade, might as well go big on it, just wondering what card would be good for the other parts I already have.

I doubt I could handle 144hz in 1440p and also those monitors are expensive as fuck. 1440p 75hz seems like a sweet spot and great upgrade from 1080p 60hz. Yeah I think I'll just get that monitor the price is too good thanks buddies.

Not bad but a couple of points:
The 1950x is days away from being replaced by the 2950x which is just that bit better at everything.
16 GB of ram on a quad channel system is a bit conservative, why not go with a 2700x then? Just get another two sticks of that set.
The Taichi doesn'T have the built in 10gbit network port which might come in handy in the future, you might want to look at the other Asrock board if this is a concern for you.
And I'd swap that Corsair PSU for a Seasonic one with the same wattage.

Hello, i am fucking noob but i with a tad bit of common sense and confidence.

I upgraded my laptops ram and changed to ssd but when i reassembled it the heat sink fan sometimes sounds like its hitting some kind of metal. Im pretty certain nothing fell in there and when i look into the hole while the sound happens theres no sparks in sight.

Its very rare and only happens when my hands are on the palm rest. When i gently shake the laptop there is no sound, only when palm rest is weighing it down.

Its spooking me out but I literally cant think of anything that can be in there except maybe a washer from that one screw?

Im just worried if its some kind of voltage, i dont want it to blow up on me sooner or later.

I would take it part again but my dad borrowed my electric tool bag and i wont be able to do that until tomorrow and the curiosity is driving me crazy. Would appreciate some input

Oh I didn't even notice: the fuck is wrong with your ram frequency? You'll never get that working and you are greatly overpaying.

i want to upgrade my old kinda shitty pc. budget of about 300 but its flexible, i just dont know where to start. here's current build
pcpartpicker.com/list/CTW4ZR
current case probably couldnt fit a cooler of any sort, but the stock fan surprisingly does the job as of now. ive heard upgrading ram/gpu is the easiest bet but im worried ill bottleneck my cpu cuz it kinda sucks. insults are welcome along with tips

Oh another thing I should've mentioned is I want to build something quiet as well. And the Corsair PSU seems to be a really quiet one.

I'm honestly not sure what ram would be good for what I want to do, I assumed higher is better

>Video editing, and multitasking
>pcpartpicker.com/list/QXsLdX
>This is what I've come up with so far. Any recommendations?
2950X is launching in 8 days and is only $100 more expensive.

I'd save $200 by getting a different model 1080Ti. Or Vega64 if your video editing program supports it, as it tends to be closer to Titan Xp performance in work programs and well above the 1080Ti, but only when it's supported.

Case is ugly, huge, and overpriced. You don't have use for all those drive bays, do you? You seem to think because you have expensive components, you need a giant case? But it's still simply standard ATX sized components.
Also may as well go mATX with the X399M Tacihi since you're not using more than 1 PCIe slot.

Get a 1440p IPS monitor, like that AOC mentioned earlier if it really is $200. Otherwise there's a Phillips 75hz IPS for around $300 with good color accuracy. I don't understand why the heck you'd cuck your own self out of 360 horizontal lines with an ultrashort which'll limit productivity.

What are you doing that can utilize that high of memory bandwidth yet? Is it actually on the QVL?

Reduce the NVMe to 256Gb for use as a scratch/working disk and get a 1Tb MX500 for your main drive.

Ya go for the 75hz. Do you have a link though for others? When I searched I saw $330.

Your current CPU will often bottleneck a $250 range card, anyway. So the RX580 is a good choice. May as well just get the 4Gb one if it's at least like 15% cheaper than the 8Gb.

What's the word on Navi? I really want to invest in an AMD GPU and a Freesync monitor to escape Nvidia's jewery but I've been holding it off for awhile because Vega and Polaris cards were a little underwhelming.

Now with greatly optimised components:
pcpartpicker.com/list/tjcbRJ
You can probably snag that 1950x in a flash sale for even less. Consider a different monitor, this one is pretty pricey.

morele.net/monitor-aoc-q3279vwfd8-4671262/
I mean sure I guess I doubt they ship outside Poland though. It's closer to 240usd, before that I just calculated in my head now I checked in google.

ok thanks yall

If you want to be more modest and still have a really high end, 16 thread workstation you could build this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/GNqmNQ

Navi isn't coming until likely the middle of 2019 or so.
Expected to be around 1080 performance at 1080p, and 1080Ti performance at 4k, for $300-$350.

What are you even using now? I got an RX580 to hold off until then myself.
I really haven't seen the point in buying a high end GPU this year when there still aren't good HDR monitor options. By the time there are good HDR monitor options late next year, there should be good GPU options.

240 with local tax is probably still a really good deal. But yeah there's better options for around that price in the US.
I did find it for $270 in the US. But that's so close to the Mbest monitor price.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/CTW4ZR
Your GPU is still close to 1050Ti performance. Your CPU probably holds it back in some games.
I'd get a 2600 and 2x4Gb of RAM. B450 MSI A Pro or Bazooka board. Samsung E-die RAM in particular if you're comfortable with overclocking the memory yourself. That'd be around $300.
You won't have to worry about cooler. The 2600 stock cooler will fit in virtually any case, even slim mITX ones.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/tjcbRJ
Still a way larger case than is needed, still a substandard monitor choice.
But it's better.
pcpartpicker.com/list/PmgbRJ this is more what I'd get.
Though as mentioned, either get 1950X on a better sale or wait for the $800 2950X.
You also didn't say what programs you use for video editing. Vega is sometimes much better. You should obviously buy whatever is best for what you use.
Kinda okay too but the big problem here is he doesn't seem to really know his requirements so is just throwing a ton of money at it and hoping it works.

I have a spare Ryzen 1700 system and it looks like it has that god damn segfault bug. Can I still use it for gaming or should I RMA it?

Also, I'm interested in building his and hers gaming rigs. What's the best 'value' card that will allow me to play at a consistent 60+ FPS on 1080p? I'm looking for absolute minimum of 60 FPS with it never dropping below. I don't necessarily need the highest end card but I want something good, but for a fair price.

Also what card is good for the GF? She's happy to play at 30 FPS or whatever. 1080p is fine for her too.

>Mbest monitor
Not available over here, already checked.

You can still use it for gaming, but you should really RMA it if you can wait for it to come back.

>What's the best 'value' card that will allow me to play at a consistent 60+ FPS on 1080p
RX580 on high or maxed settings, depending on the game. It can even do light 1440p, generally.
>Also what card is good for the GF? She's happy to play at 30 FPS or whatever
A 2400G's iGPU will do that...
It does 60fps minimum in overwatch on medium settings. Does like 30+ on some of the most demanding games like AC Origins at 900p, but usually more like 40-60 on medium or low settings 1080p.

Yeah I'm just speaking about in the US. For you, especially since as you said 75hz is good for you, that AOC sounds better. Go for it.

don't do her like that. Atleast get something 60fps

>1080ti perf for $300
Delusional

I'm upgrading from a 760 to a 2080 did I waste my money?

>2 SAS port pcie 2.0 RAID controller
amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8I7M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1KXWME1PJYQ18&psc=1
>+ 2 1-SAS-to-4-SATA cables
>+ 8 250GB HDDs
is this a good setup for a RAID? Just wanna stripe all of them for minimizing load times on gayyms.
Haven't done RAID specifically before, so don't assume i know anything about it that ought to be obvious.

Trying to keep RAID card

yeah that's much much cheaper, and this build seems really solid. I really want to build around a threadripper 2 because I feel like it'd be a mistake otherwise. I already have that SSD and a bunch of hard drives though.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/PmgbRJ this is more what I'd get.
>Though as mentioned, either get 1950X on a better sale or wait for the $800 2950X.
>You also didn't say what programs you use for video editing. Vega is sometimes much better. You should obviously buy whatever is best for what you use.

I'm going to be using premier pro and Vegas. This is kinda what I've come up with. With some modifications, I might wait on the monitor and the GPU because I know there's going to be a bunch of releases soon. It might even be a good idea for me to wait on RAM too, the market seems high...Some of the part selection is based on my need for a relatively quiet workstation. I've done some google searching and the power supply I selected is one of the quietest, as is the CPU cooler.

pcpartpicker.com/list/nz6rq4

idle 30C

1 hour of prime95(blend) with stock 4690k:
53C max
50C average

how are these temps? The AC kept the room stable at 22C.

Prime Pro.

Yes, exactly. You got it. That's why I tend to recommend AMD and Freesync for high refresh rate monitors especially.
There's a lot of people who'll shill and say it makes no difference, but there's been tons of double blind tests which show it does. Only getting like 80 or 90fps on a 144hz panel without Gsync or Freesync, even with a fast TN panel but especially an IPS, can feel like shit and worse than just having a 75hz panel.

A lot of people don't understand the whole way these fast changing frames make us perceive motion, and that although you can't physically see and remember and torn or doubled-held frame at that speed without slow motion capture, subconsciously our brains "feel" it.
There's also probably a few people who like tricking anons into shitty hardware so they can laugh at them complaining about their bad experience.

One thing you can at least do is lock the framerate target in your graphics control panel to 72fps for a 144hz monitor. That will often feel smoother than 80 or 90fps because you don't get the microstutters and tearing.
But with a 1070Ti at 1440p, I'd largely recommend you simply get a 75Hz Freesync monitor and forget about 144hz if you can't waste the money on Gsync.

Go back to 2016 and say that about the RX480 not being 980 perf for $250.
How can you be so ignorant? Oh right, just underage. You weren't old enough to follow PC hardware when the RX480 came out. Got it.

I'd imagine if you have a 760, your CPU is going to bottleneck a 2080 or 1080Ti.
But yes you're wasting money since the 2080 is generally worse performance the cheaper 1080Ti unless you've got one of those $1500 Gsync HDR monitors.

yes, but that is a huge leap and you'll probably mentally justfy it

need suggestions for aircooling a Meshify C

That's the same as saying the 2060 will be 1080 performance like the 1060 with the 980. We are not in 2016, the miners have changed the market. Stop sucking AMD's cock so much, navi will be another shit attempt like vega

looked a little bit into it and i'm thinking of getting 3 of these pcpartpicker.com/product/Mb4gXL/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc3000pwm

2 bottom front intakes and one rear exhaust, i'm getting the 2700X so that should be cooled just fine, i'm mostly thinking of the video card (1080 ti)

this rentry blog thing is uninformed regarding win7. You don't have to manually download security patches using WSUS offline, you just have to us WUFUC which re enables auto updates. Also consider just putting the fucking thing into a pastebin since those embed into 4chanx.

I have a 1070Ti. I technically picked it up for around $250

Vega 64 is a bit better in Vegas. But it's much worse in Premiere Pro. May as well stick with the 1080Ti, then.

Uh. Whatever the largest and most fans you can fit on the front which are the quietest are.

Uh I didn't say 2060 will be 1080 performace but... it probably will be.

I think Nvidia is going to wait for 7nm for the 2060 and it won't be an "RTX" card. It'll probably be around 20% more CUDA cores (1280->1536) and 35% higher performance per core between IPC and clock speed increase due to the node shrink giving it 62% performance increase over the 1060. And it won't have the 10% FPS loss problem in HDR that the 1080 has.
1080 is about 60-70% above the 1060, right?
It's pretty straight forward. TSMC's 7nm node should be about 35% higher performance over their 16nm. So all they need to do is increase core count 20% (like they did, and as I predicted, with TU104 over GP104), other arch improvements, but no tensor cores nor RT ASIC, and increase memory bandwidth a bit.

If they do rush out the 2060 earlier for some reason, the performance increase will probably only be more like 20% without HDR and 30% with.
But their 7nm *60 card is going to be around 1080 perf or better. It's really simple to achieve that with such a significant node shrink.

tl;dr: you're an idiot.

Do you have like a better pastebin link or something to replace it with?
>thing into pastebin
Pastebin is a NSA spybot.

Just get one of those 75hz Freesync monitors. Even if your GPU won't use Freesync, any new good monitor typically has it. You'll have no issues since you can stick at or above that framerate in everything except console port 60fps locked games.

You can use Freesync itself through AMD GPU passthrough in the rentry.co paste in OP. I haven't tried it myself to know all the details. People are saying that with Windows 1803 update, you no longer need a render GPU option in a game to passthrough, but I'm not seeing how exactly.

I hope zen 2 2700x equivalent will have no stock cooler. They could drop price by 10-20€ and sell it without out the cooler. Now the stock cooler is too noisy under load.

>pastebin is an NSA spybot
you fuckin wot
also the pastebin in the literally states to use WUFUC, so, yeah.

This that led cooler is just waste of money. Why amd bundles so expensive cooler with the cpu? They should have tray models without that shitty cooler.

Can you recommend me some cooler for 2700x for about 50€? I would like cooler silent as possible.

mugen 5 is the best mid-range silent cooler imo.

>Just get one of those 75hz Freesync monitors. Even if your GPU won't use Freesync, any new good monitor typically has it. You'll have no issues since you can stick at or above that framerate in everything except console port 60fps locked games.
When Nvidia is going to suppor freesync? Fucking cheapest gaysync monitor here is 500€

Is it cheaper to buy a 4-bay or 8-bay NAS than it is to build one?

>When Nvidia is going to suppor freesync
Are you stupid, never.

>navi will be another shit attempt like vega
Literally no one in existence thinks Navi will be good. Relax. The hype train is on Intel in 2020. No one us excited for AMD graphics anymore.

I have a quick question, is it worth it to upgrade my i7 960 to a Xeon x5650? I have a sabertooth x58 motherboard and the x5650 works on it, muh rig is for gaming and I was planning to get an rx580

can i expect to see prices become lower a little for 1440p 144hz IPS?

Hello friends, retard here

So I want to buy this ram to go with an asrock x470 master sli.

I'm just wondering do QVLs really matter? As I cannot find this kit on the list. (Code hx430c15pb3k2/8) But I did find it ending on (...3k2/16)

Will I ever get it running at 3000mhz or is the extra money spent on the ram better off spent on something else. I.e. get a 2400/2666 kit and a better cpu/gpu.

Thank

Attached: retard.png (967x173, 38K)

Na. They should only not include stock coolers if they bring back "black editions".
Like if the EUV process is too expensive and low volume, they could sell $400-$500 BE CPUs without cooler.
I think it's too confusing to a lot of people that some CPUs don't have coolers and some do. IIRC the 1500X had a stock cooler despite being an "X" CPU so that wasn't a rule to go by even.

Keep in mind that you can typically resell the 2700X cooler for around $25.
But the price is still competitive with the better cooler included.

I'm kidding. But I'm largely used to not using it because distro IRC channels say not to use it. I guess because of malware ads in the paste? They are in an iframe and support JS in the ads, after all, but I'm not so sure.
>b-but I block all ads
Don't care.
Does 4chanx not support another paste which doesn't have JS ads?

Seems more like a 4chanx problem that it doesn't support rentry.co

>When Nvidia is going to suppor freesync? Fucking cheapest gaysync monitor here is 500€
When they start losing significant market share. And even then, they'd probably gimp it or something.

They actually sort of support adaptive sync in laptops.
Like mentioned in the rentry.co paste in the OP, what they do in laptops is the rendering is passed through the CPU and the iGPU of the CPU outputs to the monitor with adaptive sync support.
You can apparently due the same thing on desktop with a 2200G/2400G, or an additional AMD GPU, but I don't completely know the details of how.

I have some Nvidia GPUs laying around so I could maybe try it at some point... but not now.

Lol. Here's your (you).

Uhh yeah probably much cheaper. Hell there are like 10 or 12 bay mATX cases even, afaik.

Definitely worth upgrading to the x5650. Your 960 will bottleneck the RX580 in a lot more cases. The x5650 is a hell of a lot more powerful and efficient.

Also this is in NZD btw.

Who asked you to for your shitty pc blog site? What makes you think you own these threads that you can change the OP to your will and fill it with shitty garbage like your website?

>can i expect to see prices become lower a little for 1440p 144hz IPS?
Lower than $300? They're almost as cheap as 1080p TN at this point. What more do you want?
I really don't see them coming lower except for maybe spring of next year for this year's new models.

QVL doesnt' really matter for 3000MHz RAM. It should run at advertised timings and at least 2933 fine on the 2000 series.

Since you're getting 2x4Gb, I'd recommend you get one of the 2800 CL16 @ 1.2v or 2800 CL15 @ 1.25v kits and manually overclock it yourself.

waaah

I got 1tb storage and 8gb ram in my laptop, could I extract them and put them in a desktop?

Attached: 657cfe6cf0f7b6b785645779b92f1128.jpg (566x830, 71K)

Storage yes, might need a bracket to adapt the smaller drive depends on your case. RAM no.

bumping for more answers to this.

In general, is it worth waiting until black friday/cyber monday for parts? If I see something that I think is a good deal, should I purchase or just wait until black friday/cyber monday and buy everything then?

Whats the difference between m.2 (M) and m.2 (B+M) im a new builder, which one should i get, since i heard m.2 is better than sata

Attached: 1522078695100.jpg (1290x1052, 155K)

>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

There are usually some really good deals but some years are better than others. I picked up an RX580 last black friday (4 GB) for $199 which was a great deal. I didn't even really need it but it was just such a great price it was worth the upgrade from my 380X.

idk what that means

Attached: download (9).jpg (225x224, 8K)

Should I pull the trigger on this? thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Attached: c920853b085b08cc09bff80b0d9e474a.png (379x574, 51K)

>8gb ram
user...

I'm gonna buy an i7-8700k (oc'ing for the first time) and I was wondering if picking the Maximus X Hero over the Asus Z370 Strix E is a solid choice.
Some people claim that the Hero has better VRM. Both motherboards' built-in Wifi is also a good bonus for me

Gtx 1060 6gb for £200 or rx 580 8gb for £229?

Games I'll be playing:
Battle royale shite like PUBG and fortnite
Assassins creed
Monster Hunter
Upcoming Forza
Upcoming sekiro
Upcoming hitman
Might try to emulate persona 5
And some old games I have in my library I might play every once in a while like gta 4/5, Nioh or Skyrim.

Going to use it with a vg248qe I already have

>8gb ram
>almost 2019
why?

M.2 is just the literal shape of the drive or device you're connecting. It could be a hard drive or a wifi adapter or something else. M.2 solid state drives are either SATA or NVMe. NVMe is faster but unless you are a performance nerd or professional the kinds of operations that you would need the NVMe speed over typical SATA speed are most likely not relevant to you. Get whatever drive fits your budget and storage needs and has a good price/good reviews. Don't force yourself into getting M.2. 2.5" SATA drives are completely fucking fine.

t. I have both in my system.

8 GB isn't terrible for starting out you meme loving fucks. He can add another 8 later if he needs to.

Hey shareblue faggot, still shilling huh. Let me look forward to report your next OP.
>What makes you think you own these threads that you can change the OP to your will and fill it with shitty garbage like your website?
But (You)'re the one changing OPs at your shilling convenience, nice try though.
K Y S
Y
S

Attached: 1531865762550.jpg (400x400, 49K)

whoops, i forgot the rest of my post.

m2 refers to the size of the component, much like 2.5", 3.5", and 5.25" drives. you can have both m.2 sata, and m.2 pcie drives. check to see which one your motherboard supports. it should also tell you which type of m.2 is supported.

generally, if you get an m.2 pcie drive (labelled nvme as well), youll get the fastest ssd out there.

1060 for sure

i have the maximus IX hero (z270) and its really good, ive heard the X hero is even better.

Who? I've never made any of these threads before. Are you so stuck up this guys ass (or straight up samefagging) you'd let him ruin an objectively unbiased OP with shitty advertising for his own website? I may as well start advertising my fucking YouTube channel here if this is a thread for free clicks.

Thanks. I just ordered it.

thanks user, you helped me out a lot

Attached: Wd5mkrGa_400x400.jpg (201x201, 9K)

I don't have the money for 16gb, should I get 1 stick of 8gb and add one later? I'm not a heavy user anyways, just gaming and web browsing.

I see a lot of ram size debating on this thread

Which is better, 2x4gb @ 3000mhz or 2x8gb @ 2666mhz?

>not a heavy user
>just gaming
?????????????????????????????

8gb is fine for gaming as long as it's fast RAM. Don't go single channel.

16gb > 8gb
No point in having fast ram if you're going to keep running out of it. 8gb ram is basically a stutterfest in a lot of modern demanding games which can use 6gb of system ram alone. You'll get page file slowdowns.

What the fuck are you on about faggot ? What website ?
>I'm just gonna pretend I don't samefag
Yeah ok sure buddy you're totally legit
What do you call that ?
Stay woke shill

Attached: 1526416929202.jpg (500x667, 90K)