/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: futaba_tae headphones masamune-kun_no_revenge seifuku tiv.png (1352x1920, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SYbrGB_rA4
youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HD600 is shit

So is this good?

Attached: fr.png (600x400, 18K)

Fuck you double nigger

I need an amp for.this shit

Attached: 1913054-akg-k501.jpg (1200x799, 85K)

t. dumb nigger

Attached: 1405188973385.jpg (600x450, 28K)

>buying good headphones while having hearing damage
I feel silly.

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 89K)

Audio technica m40x fag here
best deal I got in ages

HD 660S is god

DT770 is garbage

I think my motherboard has a channel imbalance. Should I buy a cheap DAC?

All I can suggest to you is RME ADI2 Pro (Balanced version) with the Best Quality Bits you can feed Her. But she's a hungry girl! Gonna eat you out of house and home.

Attached: RME ADI2 Pro.jpg (2500x1406, 229K)

May as well.

Attached: Anthrax State of Euphoria2.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

I already have an amp, anything that doesn't suck that's cheap?

dt770 are $150 do i pull trigger?

youtube.com/watch?v=5SYbrGB_rA4

yeah if you have a gun

if you don't you're getting skull fucked either way

niggerbass

How cheap? Topping D10 or D30 are very good.

What's the best EQ program for linux?

Attached: tux-voluptuous.png (1979x2186, 880K)

what do i get then? HD600?

rm -rf /*

yes

Buy em and Try em, fuck what everyone else thinks

Attached: 20180525_230459.jpg (4032x3024, 461K)

Oooof, Fail, thought those were 770s from the thumbnail

Attached: 20180527_220754.jpg (3024x4032, 473K)

damn you

Fuck you! Troll detected! I know what that does! Haha. Let's try that question again.

you mean, you know what it does now

Yes, a great option for the price, very comfortable. Google a few reviews if you are not sure.

>Fuck you! Troll detected!
The boomer meme is real

Attached: 20180612_184607.jpg (4032x3024, 441K)

*subtly flexes bicep* Maybe you'd like to answer me then? :)

go mow your lawn linux desktop memelord

just got some hd660s and still using my fiio e10k. sounds plenty loud imo. do i stand to hear a tangible difference by getting something like a darkvoice, schiitstack, aune x1s/aune x7s?

the only thing external dacs do is measure better, the difference is inaudible

if you want tube sound (god knows why) get a VST

What's a good amp to power the HD 600's?

Yes. Don't listen to the one guy in here who shills chink shit and hates beyers.

youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo

i'm going to purchase the sennheiser hd650 premium open headphones despite all the bad things that keep coming up someone stop me

Z for Zeos.

Attached: B1743243-13A4-4543-B1F2-99D9FE093F99.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

bad things?

is there any way to tell if your listening level is safe without a decibel meter?

le sennheiser veil, le worse hd600

lel

I prefer HD600 but 650 is not bad. senn veil is a meme

Go for it, I'm happy with mine using this EQ
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf

If you're asking this, I'm gonna wager you should turn down a bit.

are there earbuds that doesnt fall out of my ear every 5 seconds? i cant use in-ears at all

Just get a Koss KSC75

>Koss KSC75
>the look like a retart bolt ons

lmao

based rme poster

Then don't buy it. Go pound sand.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1513628754551.png (1280x720, 973K)

Grado PS2000 or Stax L700 + SRM-353X bundle?

Feel free. Just remember they're less neutral than HD600 when they disappoint you.

thanks for the suggestion, is bose a meme? the ear hooks looks to be what i'm looking for

why? i'll have you know that i'm very easy to influence so think twice before posting

>Budget: $150, prefer lesser
>Location: USA
>Source: laptop and phone
>Type of headphone: over-ear
>Open or closed: closed
>Comfort level: important but not at the cost of sound quality
>Sound signature: don't understand, but I want something that offers clear and smooth vocals and instruments. I pay most attention to stuff like Kajiura Yuki, classical music, Jpop/Kpop/Cpop/Vpop (I love girls voice), some Jrock and European metal (Within Temptation, Epica, etc.)
>Past headphones: cheap chink shit

I'm eyeing the Audio Technica m40x, but not sure if there are anything else better in this budget range.

Stupid question

I wish I had a gf like that.

What program can you use to check these?

Gungy or Yggy?

BUY BOTH

Attached: deruntermensch0.png (613x595, 811K)

Disregard Schiit, acquire RME.

Attached: 1533088599631.jpg (208x206, 4K)

Can you Z haters name even one instance where he was clearly wrong?

Attached: 6A101075-22FE-47B4-90B5-18D76F751C7F.jpg (2560x2560, 240K)

e-celeb fags need to die

This is best looking headphone ever made

Attached: 1513717586118.png (1600x485, 1.31M)

for air traffic controllers?

pffft, nothing can top the sleek black polished woodgraine aesthetic, only thing that comes even remotely close is Focal's headphones and the STAX lamda series

Attached: 1508642870947.png (1000x666, 541K)

So what headphones have the most neutral frequency response out there, while still having good drivers?

Attached: flat-frequency-response-in-the-best-mixing-headphones.png (450x155, 7K)

HD800, that being said most people percieve it as being unusuablly bright.

That being said if you're after neutrality you should just learn to EQ

BUY RME ADI-2 DAC

/based femto/

Attached: DEDA1691-E291-40D8-B840-F3E88BD332EB.jpg (192x192, 15K)

I know how to EQ, that's kind of the point. I need headphones that are super neutral for mixing and mastering purposes. And I know I should do that on speakers, which I do. I use 3 devices. High quality headphones, low quality headphones, and speakers.

Well, the HD800 is probably what you're looking for then. Several headphone reviewers have described them as being the most perfectly neutral headphones across all technologies, price ranges and brands. Any flaws will stick out like a sore thumb on them.

Attached: 1530909945124.jpg (720x674, 53K)

THE JUDGING EYES WATCHING ME
IS ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN
WHEN I TRTY TO OPEN MY HEART
I AM RIDICULED AND TORN APART

YOU TELL JOKES I'LL NEVER GET TO HEAR
BEHIND MY BACK AT MY EXPENSE
THERE'S SOMETHING INSIDE ME
AND I KNOW IT'S GOOD
I'M NOT EVIL, JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!

Attached: 1531645116385.png (708x572, 246K)

>Budget
I will buy an used headphone, price should be around 200-300
>Location
Moscow
>Source
XZ Premium or a nuforce udac 2 (this is a hand-me-down so don't judge me). Maybe in the far future I'll get an amp but for now, something that can be perform well without an amp is good.
>Type of headphone
Full sized.
>Open or closed
Impartial. Open back is cool and my room is relatively quiet for most of the time but my roommate might not like the sound leakage.
>Comfort level
Long listening session so preferably high, but I don't care that much for comfort as long as sound signature is what I need.
>Sound signature
"Fun" sound, or something better, I don't know. I'm buying this to replace my ATH M50 and to complement my modded SR80i so I think I'd like to get something better than the M50 and has different sound signature from the cold SR80i.
>Past headphones
Koss Portapro, first decent headphone, love its warm sound. Grado SR80i modded, still have it. An ATH M50 and now a pair of Shure se425 for portable use (it's decent for what it is but I think my headphone perform far better despite them not belong on the same price range).

Also if there's any Russian user in this thread who's also living in Moscow I'd appreciate if you can point me to a Shure IEMs shells seller. My se425 got one of its nozzle broken off and I ain't gonna pay 4000 for the replacement of the entire unit instead of just the housing.

What are hpg approved open headphones for around 50-70$

Was going to get this but bought a questyle cma400i instead. Should arrive soon.

Hd600

Don't want to come off as too questioning but why the HD600 instead of the warmer HD650?

Why the 'warmer' hd650? There's hardly a difference supposedly and the 650 cost more and isn't as visually nice imo. I have the 600s and they are fine in the low end.

Why would you do that to yourself, user?

Attached: IMG_1876.jpg (2016x1512, 547K)

Why not? Also I got the questyle for $600 like new with the acryllic top, adi2 pro was $1200. I'm the guy that got a bunk gustard A20h last week.

The Questyle is nothing more than a standard DAC/amp. It doesn't do anything special. Might as well have gotten a D10/O2 combo, you most likely wouldn't miss much.
The ADI-2 DAC (not the Pro) is actually worth its price, with the stupid amount of features they packed into it. The crossfeed alone makes it superior to all other non-crossfeed DAC/amps, not to mention the PEQ. It feels like a product made by audiophile engineers and not audiophools.
The Questyle was basically outdated when they released it, the RME is about as future-proof as it gets.

LIAR

Attached: 1531446178566.jpg (414x328, 19K)

True, the HD650 looks too plain. Reading through threads about HD650 vs HD600 and the discussion seems to be very divided though. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll consider my options.

I don't really care about the PEQ and the questyle has balanced as a bonus. I just wanted a nice solid state that isn't going to color the sound too much. Really the adi seems more like a production tool to me. they look nice but the questyle just looked nicer to me and has more reviews of people being satisfied with the amp.

I missed these so I bought another pair. If they were built a bit better they'd be worth more than the DT1990s. They destroy the 1990s on everything but bass quantity and not being a God awful bitch to position properly.

Attached: IMG_20180823_231159606~2.jpg (2151x1512, 645K)

Is the AT M40x overkill if I don't have an amp? I just want a good general purpose pair for around the house and on the go.

No, but you may also want to consider the taskstar pro 82

>balanced meme
>wants something neutral but doesn't care about PEQ the best tool to "uncolor" a speaker/headphone
>actually caring about subjective reviews

M40x are uncomfy as fuck, Taksperg Pro 82 measures better and are way more comfortable. Listen to this user and get the pro 82.

Like I said, could have bought adi. No need to be an ass.

>using the gimped hardware PEQ on a tiny screen
Ditch that trash and get a real 30 band PEW on desktop.

I've heard it's a bit uncomfy, but haven't found anything else that rivals it on mids for the price. I'm all about vocals and instrumentals so clarity and sweetness are important. Shrillness or overemphasized bass won't do.

Thinking of getting hd6xx, anyone got experience with them? Would any cheap amp drive them ok? Or should I just wait until I can get something good?

Yeah I guess. Sorry about that. Just irks me as I see the RME as being a much better option, so I overreacted.

You can do a lot with 5 (7, really) PEQ bands. Most good headphones are fixable without too much trouble. If you can't get something decent out of a headphone after using 7 bands, you should probably be looking at different headphones.

>If you can't get something decent out of a headphone after using 7 bands, you should probably be looking at different headphones.
>If you can't get something decent out of a headphone after using 0 bands, you should probably be looking at different headphones.

What's the difference? You're just a slightly different type of audiophool.

>RME ADI-2 DAC
Biggest waste of money for someone looking for a combo unit for a PC. Near no improvement over sub $500 options and half way to a Benchmark.