Tesla

alright Jow Forums convince me not to buy one of these glorious future cars
>easy: write a serious reply
>normal: easy + explain your reasoning
>hard: normal + sources

Attached: model_s_front_34.jpg (3300x2081, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/02/15/national-safety-council-traffic-deaths/340012002/
thedrive.com/news/18218/auto-consultant-tears-down-tesla-model-3-and-compares-it-to-a-kia-in-the-90s
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qvm3z5/rich-rebuilds-tesla-repair-and-salvage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off with your consumerist bullshit you LARPing poorfag. Serious reply btw.

Not real cars

More like toys for soys

It has the botnet pre-installed.

there's not a setting below easy, try again
what makes it not a real car, the lack of a gas engine?
this is a fair one

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

Attached: looking down.jpg (480x360, 23K)

BUMP. Just ordered my Model 3, I can feel the onions flowing and none can stop me :D
Do it faggot!

Attached: SRjhwz7_0uZWd9689ETUbjEXI7cquP_AmxHjWM1APiw.png (604x599, 463K)

Good luck with support when Tesla goes under in a couple years.

Also, good luck driving anywhere but in town or on the Interstate. Most US highways lead you to the middle of nowhere, only a gas engine has a 300+ mile range and can fill up in less than 10 minutes.

Tesla is good for commuting, that's all. As long as you don't want to change the radio or HVAC while driving since you have to navigate a shitty touchscreen instead of interfacing with actual hardware.

sub easy mode replies are now ignored
post specs
>source
charging time is valid enough but pic related
why the fuck would i ever go to anywhere backwoods?

Attached: Capture.png (717x314, 19K)

>why the fuck would i ever go to anywhere backwoods?
To explore the outdoors? skiing, hiking, whitewater rafting, all in the outdoors.

My Civic gets me to the mountains, has >350 mile range with a 10 gallon tank of gas. On a 10 hour trip, I have to fill up 2 or 3 times; it would be a multi-day excursion in a Tesla.

Also, how does the HVAC heater work? Does it drain the battery faster?

If you're just a commuting wagecuck, the range and charging aren't an issue.

Performance

White inside and out

EAP

You really need anything more than a Suzuki? Doubt so

>To explore the outdoors? skiing, hiking, whitewater rafting, all in the outdoors.
i'm not into thots from dating apps, pass
pretty sure it does drain your battery life, in all likelihood telsas numbers for range are based on some unreasonable conditions i'll give you that
i hope you don't have kids user, for the sake of your seats
need vs want my dude
i don't need my car to drive me to my destination, but do i want it to? yes

Attached: yellow-tesla-model-3_rear-side-view.jpg (1920x1440, 830K)

The wife and I never wanted kids :D

They are built like shit and have the lowest reliability ratings. Unlike every other car manufacturer they dont have infrastructure (dealerships) do facilitate repairs. Enjoy your mess of a car in 3 years and like they're gonna be bankrupt in a few years

From you maybe but she will be carrying Tyrone's son soon

Because they're cheap shit that'll break or kill you. Why spend the money on one of those ugly things when you could buy an actual nice car like a bmw or Mercedes?

The lithium bomb you have in the car will degrade in capacity in a few years. Charging stations are rare and dealerships for service are even rarer. Not smart to dump money into a car like that

Not op, but
The lithium bomb is a good argument if you're affraid of something because you dont know how it works. Each lithium cell is isolated from the bussbar by a small gague wire that acts as a fuse and in the odd case of thermal runaway the cell would be removed from the circuit. Also the odds if a catastrophic failure from the packs that go in the model 3 is even more rare than that of the model s due to even better 2170cells now used in the model 3.
Also data grabbing from model s's shows 90 percent batterylife after 150000 miles which is not fast degredation by any means.
The lack of charging stations could be an issue for people that roadtrip a lot, but for me and nost others 95 percent of use would be commute to and from work which charging even on babby 120v would top you up in most cases.
My only issue is Elon Musk being unhinged as of late... I'd buy the car, i just wouldnt by thier stock. But alas I have a 2017 civic I want to hold on to for as long as possible and invest what i save not buying every new shiny thing that crops up.

They don't offer anything over normal luxury sedans other than dickwaving rights. Range is shit, autopilot is useless in 90% of situations, they look like shit, they're look like shit, interior is shit.

>Charging stations are rare

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1045x465, 163K)

A hidden blessing with electric cars regardless of manufacturer is a very simple drivetrain compared to their petrol conterparts. Thats is my prime reason i want to electric.
Lemme tell you about my Cadillac CTS and how GM can suck my dick
Buy preowned 2010 cts from dealership in 2012. At about 100000kms the water pump goes, have an extended warranty but of course GM has weasle clauses on whats covered till when and ensures their product is engineered to fail just outside of the coverage period. Ok fix it on my own. Within 10000kms of that, my front differential temp sensor fails, which disables AWD. Ok also not covered (im starting to assume everything isnt covered at this point). Ok replace it myself. Within 10k kms from that my rear wheel speed sensor goes,not covered of course and its embedded in the hub so i have to replace the whole hub assembly. Sure ok whstever. At about 140000kms i get a cide in the ecu that indicates a timing failure. Look it up and find out its a common problem due to the timing chain sagging because theyre cheap chinese made shit. Call GMs customer satasfaction number, tell them this is bullshit and blah blah blah ima never buy a gm again at this rate. They do nothing, so i replace it out of pocket with an aftermarket racing brand (Cloyes) kit so it doesnt happen again. I kid you fucking not before 150000kms the fucking engines starts to knock. Sold it for a loaded civic. GM never agin

>dealerships for service are even rarer

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (917x484, 242K)

I know, but Tesla is like Apple in this regard, they hate anyone trying to fix their own cars. Once Honda or Mazda makes an electric car, I'm buying that. I'm anti-Tesla, not anti-electric cars.

Youre absolutely right, there.
Their attitude toward maintenance is attrocious.
Just give mechanics access to your servers so that a salvage title can be certified by a mechanic, or so a strange software niggle can be reset. Its retarded how they are alienating thier customers this way.

>eurotrash that will break down and cost 3x as much to repair

>>eurotrash that will break down and cost 3x as much to repair

I 2nd this opinion. Just buy a lexus now that they are decent looking or an acura if youre team ?hoonda. My neighbour has a really nice Aspec TLX and the way they put black trim pieces on them gives them a really nice look, i recommend taking a trip to google images to see whatimean

Here in Estonia we have charging stations in every shithole village, the catch being that they use the Nissan standard so you have to get a literal charging dongle for your Tesla.

Not everyone can live in a techonologcal utopia like you though

>driving a car contaminated with IOT & AI
I want full control of my car. the very idea of giving up the control of my vehicle to a buggy artificial intelligence, that harvest personal information, makes me cringe.

not saying tesla will never be a with, but it will take at least a decade more of development before this becomes a viable option to the general population.

my views on tesla is summarized as such:
>IOT is a very bad idea from the start
Tthe instability of teslas software & A.I.
>Tesla harvest your personal information

Some links on the subjects:
>theverge.com/2016/6/30/12072408
>inverse.com/article/32993
>darkreading.com/d/d-id/1327233
>businessinsider.com/tesla-challenges-in-2018-2018-4

Here you go! now go and report back to Elon and get your shill money

>verge link
Wow someone died in a car crash?! That would never happen with a human being behind the wheel.
>"U.S. vehicle deaths topped 40,000 in 2017, National Safety Council estimates"
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/02/15/national-safety-council-traffic-deaths/340012002/

Tesla is bad and you should feel bad

Tesla doesn't want "commercial" drivers shitting up their charging stations so if their data harvesting botnet detects you drive for uber or lyft then you will get blocked from said chargers. Fuck any company trying to tell you how to use your car after you buy it. I'm sure they won't want drug dealers using their cars either so enjoy being profiled and put on a list if you drive around poor areas too

>Tesla doesn't want "commercial" drivers shitting up their charging stations
That's pretty reasonable.

>Fuck any company trying to tell you how to use your car after you buy it.
The free use of Tesla's charging stations is a bonus, not something you're entitled to.

>skiing, hiking, whitewater rafting, all in the outdoors
>i'm not into thots from dating apps

nigga what?

I'm worried about old Muskie. We need him for SpaceX.

It's a very expensive vehicle and the $35000 model is nowhere in sight. I can't justify it when I bought my car for $6000 with 30000km and gas is so cheap right now especially for what I use the car for.

Attached: 02-2012-chevrolet-cruze-eco-review[1].jpg (1280x850, 355K)

great idea but you have to install gentoo on it

They're built from low-quality components.
thedrive.com/news/18218/auto-consultant-tears-down-tesla-model-3-and-compares-it-to-a-kia-in-the-90s

They're virtually impossible to repair, unless you happen to know a "rogue mechanic"
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qvm3z5/rich-rebuilds-tesla-repair-and-salvage

Elon did some gay interview with MKBHD and he was talking about how they're working on the Semi version. It just now hit me, how the fuck is there going to be an 18 wheeler Tesla carting big heavy shit when the range even on the """luxury""" consumer models are trash. I'm assuming Elon knows how far those trucks travel, and if you're stopping every hour for. 6 hour charge that's just not fucking realistic. I know this guy's whole company was propped up on the Obama "try to be green and we'll literally throw money at you" subsidies but fucking hell, what are they doing to do when this house of cards starts to cave?

Lexus are fucking hideous now lol
>being this much of a retard
Never had anything other than regular maintenance on my bmws