Maker thread: What are you building?

Any makers here? What are you making?

Who can guess what i am making
pic related

Attached: IMG_20180823_221718.jpg (3264x1836, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/swl.htm
kv5r.com/ham-radio/shortwave-antennas/shortwave-antennas-page-8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Explosives.

Pipebomb

A directional coupler?

Clearly a pair of electric nipple clamps you raging homo

Something big.

Attached: img.jpg (1920x1080, 899K)

lol, no grounded shortwave antenna. silver braided thing is the grounding wire. gets attached to pipe in ground.

high impedance unshielded input magnet wire, low impedance shielded coaxial output. that blue thing is the impedance transformer. high to low.

coaxial is needed to keep out interfering electrical noise inside the building.

box on the right should allow me to switch the antenna output to two different rooms, depending on what room i want to have the radio.

get cool radio stations from around the world, light the fireplace, have a drink. cozy as fuck. wish me luck.

can you post a schematic?

clocks

Attached: 1515592690746.jpg (1600x900, 181K)

sure why not.....i'm using this as a guide. easy to follow. i'm expecting good results. before used just wire got a lot of noise from electric motors, power supplies

users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/swl.htm

also, might not be a bad idea to implement a lightning protector like this guy does:

kv5r.com/ham-radio/shortwave-antennas/shortwave-antennas-page-8/

sweet, thanks bud

babbys first radioshack adventure, back to Jow Forumsmildlyautistic/grade1introelectronics

Lets see your projects user.. Oh, that's right.

>radio
Gay.

Good luck though, looks fun.

babbys first post
summer edition

Attached: 1533721651497.jpg (400x600, 47K)

>Bastian Auser

What a retard that guy is.

>email
nypa faggot

What the fuck is that?
Some kind of ballzapping sadistic gizmo?

I too can shitpost random google images from 2013

in you go

Attached: 1533395642707.png (376x366, 158K)

I have a 24.15GHz Gunn diode along with the corresponding horn antenna and unbalanced schottky diode mixer that have the right size waveguides for it.

What's some fun stuff I can do with it?

put it in your ass.

Unless you have a way to down mix or a really fucking expensive scope, nothing.

I hate it when I forget the pic

It definitely will NOT fit.

Attached: rf fun.jpg (1920x2560, 2.72M)

lol i just had a random picture from g and posted it, seems like it got you triggered though because you believed it was my creation for a moment.
also pic related is my now old umpc creation.

Attached: 20180406_201542-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 725K)

A smart watch like thingie using an esp8266 +oled to cheat in me exams. I am a pajeet so cheating is a-ok

Attached: IMG_20180708_155635~01.jpg (2271x2324, 1.57M)

prototype for specially trained anxiety dogs, a sensor for humans that the dog wears and gets alerted for their pathetic masters in different scenarios
can't go into details too much, it's for a guy's patent

Attached: 1.jpg (1347x1351, 239K)

I haven't actually started it yet but I wanna replicate an old analog VU meter on a small LCD/OLED display.

I'd have it operate like the old analog meters in that the current would determine the movement except rather than driving the coil I'd put it through a current shunt and measure the voltage across it. That would be peak detected and fed off to the ADC on a micro. An RC circuit would hold the peak briefly and allow it to decay for more natural needle movement. I'm not great with microcontrollers and don't know anything about driving LCDs though. I basically thinking I need to separate the whole thing into two parts though. A static background that has the scale from -inf to 0dB and then the actual moving part which would be the needle.

I know you can buy modules that already do this on ebay (I know techmoan showed one off) but I really wanna build my own. Seems cool and fairly doable.

It's a vape

You jest but the cops are on their way

>Jow Forums - Technology
>can't discuss technology

imma make my sfx PSU modular for $10

Why. Explosives are legal.

a car

Attached: projekt.jpg (3264x2448, 2.92M)

mad max that shit up!

Lovatron9000, my latest project to get laid.
t shitposter.
But to whomever did this, why, jsut why didn't they tap into the atx psu's 12v rail, instead of that fucking monstrosity. It's not like the resistors are going to be dissipating several kilowatts.

can it stimulate the prostate?

making my way downtown

>Maker... makers... making... making...
The overuse use of "make*" is why I'll never participate, it's off-putting.
FYI currently MAKING POOP.