At this point there is NO possible fucking way any Linux user can reasonably defend using an Intel CPU let alone pay...

At this point there is NO possible fucking way any Linux user can reasonably defend using an Intel CPU let alone pay for one when it's obviously backdoored/exploited/compromised. The hardware security risk will void out any software security they had planned on.

Prove me wrong Jow Forums.

Attached: wFAUBGceT3TxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png (276x183, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prnt.sc/kmivip
blog.ptsecurity.com/2018/07/intel-patches-new-me-vulnerabilities.html
tomshardware.com/news/disable-intel-hyper-threading-security,37690.html
lwn.net/Articles/734071/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not going to defend Intel practices but here are reasons to still buy an Intel CPU-

- If you get 30%+ off the asking price
- If you've got a large cluster with Xeon parts already, moving to EPYC isn't something done overnight and no business is going to throw away a working (but now 30% slower) cluster.
- You're a security researcher

I'm a Linux user and I don't even have an Intel CPoo

>epyc is faster in any possible way
>it consumes less power
>its not a housefire
>it costs way more less
>it gives you way more pcie lanes
>essentially for the space you need for dual xeons you get on epyc and get done with it

yeah i can why no one is riding the epyc train at all

oh wait

They're arguably better than nvidia, at least they provide documentation and free drivers.

Intel is still kino af, secure, faster and have the lowest temps
Anyone saying otherwise is just a raging pajeet without any designated streets to shit

Attached: 072.png (292x257, 100K)

There's no user besides me on my Laptop or Linux PC. So I could spy on myself if I start a virtual machine and then use that exploit. Big deal.

You can pick locks, could do so for years. That doesn't mean people don't buy houses anymore because they are now potentially insecure.

Attached: 1534211967141.jpg (306x306, 16K)

> More secure
> 11 vulnerabilities discovered in the past few months, some of which were already known but intlelwanted Christmas sales.
> Only 3 of those vulnerabilities were in amd processors

Yeah but people started getting better cylinders or newer cylinder technologies.

I doubt anyone using linux in intel cpu would switch in 3-5years especially in company datacenters. so far in my workplace procurement lads, i dont see any enterprise servers that have epyc cpu in it.

epyc is only used on niche/meme servers

I switched to my Raspberry Pi exclusively for desktop usage. I'll never touch an Intel product ever again.

>secure
You have to literally be an Intel shareholder to believe this at this point

>At this point there is NO possible fucking way any Linux user can reasonably defend using an Intel CPU
AMD is the only real alternative which in itself justifies the ownership of an intel cpu.
Intel sucks, but amd pretty much just sucks even more. It's almost like AMD tries it's hardest to be worse than intel, and at this point you really have to go out of your way to be that bad.

I agree. Every x86 processor is compromised.

>It costs way more less

.. user..

Attached: Untitled.png (306x204, 9K)

Attached: 1528222249083.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

You can modify some locks to brick themselves if picked preventing the door from being unlocked, even with a key.

True, Intel cpu's even run a fucking webserver in Ring-0 ripe for exploits, so even if it didn't lag behind AMD in performance, buying Intel in this day and age is retarded.

Attached: Intel Security Researcher.jpg (396x552, 63K)

>AMD tries it's hardest to be worse than intel, and at this point you really have to go out of your way to be that bad.
AMD = a lot less vulnerabilities, better performance, cheaper

>tries it's hardest to be worse than intel

Gotta keep those shekels flowing, kike

Steve Gibson from the Security Now podcast says that he is an intel guy and will continue to buy intel

he is the author of spinrite, inspectre and he says he is the world first person to coin the term malware

he literally said he is intel guy in the latest podcast

so there is one person who defends intel checkmate amdiscountfag

Gaymers

>AMD = a lot less vulnerabilities
Has all the vulnerabilities that matter, and sold out to china, so enjoy your AMD backdoors faggot.
>better performance
At what?
>Gotta keep those shekels flowing, kike
Intel doesn't need anyone's help for this. AMD is still shittier.

>sold out
they licenced the x64 tech moron

plus oh yeah replacing the murican backdoor to the chinese is so much worse
oh wait

>they licenced the x64 tech moron
Sold out to China.
>plus oh yeah replacing the murican backdoor to the chinese is so much worse
oh wait
It really is, and now they have access to AMD's backdoors. Only a dumb nigger like you would try to justify that.

So he is emotional rather than rational (reasonable).

>kino
Oh there will be movies made about Intel’s fuckups, you can bet on that.

Nice example of a shill trying to appropriate the lingo and fit in.

>Has all the vulnerabilities that matter, and sold out to china, so enjoy your AMD backdoors faggot.
LOL, AMD had one out of the 20 or so that Intel had, and it was the least dangerous one. Meanwhile Intel CPU's was recently owned by remote rooting through the 24/7 running webserver IN YOUR INTEL CPU.

You can't make this shit up, how fucking retarded are those jews running Intel ?

>At what?
At everything except a single-thread game from 2000, Intel is currently a fucking joke when it comes bang for buck. Only an absolute moron would buy a Intel cpu today.

AMD is slaying rn desu senpai

Tfw old thinkpads only run intel

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 4K)

>using linux

Attached: 1533233891892.png (600x536, 253K)

Intel still offers the best single core performance by a significant margin without overclocking it a retarded amount.

I don't really use Linux for the freedom of configuration. It's a benefit but you can do similar with Windows if you mess with the registry and/or use group policy. I mainly use it because it's faster and snappier than Windows.

That being said, Intel has really fucked up their roadmap and I hope AMD capitalizes on it with their 7nm process.

Even if they don't, there are too many very large players backing RISC-V that Intel as we know it is just a ticking time bomb.

>AMD is slaying rn desu senpai
At what though? Anything of value?
Niggers I still can't run a stable session of adobe premiere pro, or play my vidya properly on a cryzen system.
>Intel is currently a fucking joke when it comes bang for buck. Only an absolute moron would buy a Intel cpu today.
Te fck are yo talking about? Te i7-8700k is a fucking beast for content creation with adobe, and davinci resolve, daws, gaymes, and every fucking piece of software out right now especially for the price.

Kek, go jew somewhere else

>Kek, go jew somewhere else
You don't scare me. I know that you have no arguments, and you are afraid.

Pls buy AMD. Is good cpu if you don't use software OK BB.

>get 30% discount from a marked price that is actually 140% of what it should be
>get 30% less performance
Gee, I just love intel. Because I'm not an antisemitic nazi. Goys, pls buy intel, don't listen to nazi lies, listen to (((their))) lies.

Kek

using software is very niche. Who even uses software? Only software that matters is software specifically optimised for intel beforehand.

I don't really care about security (well, within reason anyway). I don't let other people use my machine, so most of the exploit variants aren't applicable, and as for the ones that are, quite frankly aren't much of a threat if you aren't a retard.

Of course, that said, if AMD truly does start producing cheaper and better CPUs than Intel by a large margin, I am not opposed to switching. Brand loyalty is for retards.

>I still can't run a stable session of adobe premiere pro, or play my vidya properly on a cryzen system
Are you that fucking autist that fried his cpu by using dry cum? Don't make me post that screenshot you fucking kike.

>Only software that matters is software specifically optimised for intel beforehand.
You just described almost every software ever released. Kinda squeezes the lemonds doesn't it.

>Are you that fucking autist that fried his cpu by using dry cum?
No. I'm a different autist.
> Don't make me post that screenshot you fucking kike.
Pls do you brown faced islamanosed sand heeb.

>Don't make me post that screenshot you fucking kike.
Post the screenshot you dumb faggot. I want to see.

Confirmed buttblasted hasbara kike. That fucking ayymd amiright? pulling anotha shoah over intel.
So you're not that autist, but you're still a lying kike nonetheless. You thought I was bluffing just like you are? Wrong move kike.
prnt.sc/kmivip

see Can't upload it directly even after compressing it.

Wondell here at wevel1cucks. Ryzen is an amazing platform if you remember to follow these steps, and not use any of these softwarez, or play any of these geimus. Ryzen is so powerful that most softwares, and geimus that you might want to use will just break. It;s not AMD's fault though.
>Can't upload it directly even after compressing it.
are you new at computers, or just really fucking dumb at life?

selling your self to usa is better than selling your self to china

only a murican will say such a thing

I don't have a laptop with an AMD cpu.

>only a murican will say such a thing
Most of everyone that isn't chinese actually think this. America doesn't have the habit of theft that China has. Granted neither country is interested in a low iq dumbfuck like you, but if you were somebody important then having a chinese cpu with chink backdoors would be a real problem.

>At what though? Anything of value?
The CPU market. Pretty much no reason to buy intel anymore with all the defects in their 15 year old arch

Intel still performs better with software, so this is why AMD is still considered shit.

>better with software
Only games and a shrinking amount

>only games
You mean everything from DAWS to video editing software, and even games.

t. gamer who pretends to do work

t. amd content creator who never used adobe products, or blackmagic design software
You're not fooling anyone here user.

>Prove me wrong Jow Forums.
Theoretical and even real implementations of cross thread attacks have been common knowledge since Hyperthreading was first introduced, they are impractical and disabling HT for security is beyond what is needed for a consumer.

That said, while the scenarios where you would see a performance hit with HT disabled are numerous, the vast, vast, majority of performance is entirely unaffected, and by that I mean within the margin of error.

One time I used a compiler and running it on AMD™ processors makes that experience more silky smooth

>Oy I love how the software that I use to create content is just so fucking unstable on my content creating ryzen mashine that I built for content creating.
This is every ryzen owner right now.

>If you've got a large cluster with Xeon parts already, moving to EPYC isn't something done overnight and no business is going to throw away a working (but now 30% slower) cluster.
This is the biggest block for medium to big companies upgrading to EPYC but if Intel doesn't fix their shit by 2020 or more importantly if AMD does some kind of breakthrough with new process Intel will be in deep shit. Businesses and people don't change something unless it offers x2 the benefits of their old shit because of associated cost and connivance.

>One time I used a compiler and running it on AMD™ processors makes that experience more silky smooth
Try scrolling through your timeline in davinci resolve with an amd cpu.
Not silky smooth at all. :*(

May I ask why the fuck you're being so edgy when you can have 3 different PCs?

1 for Linux to code
1 for Windows to play Gayms
1 for Hacintosh to be literal faggot

It should be much cheaper than getting a beefy PC to pass-through VMs

I had to check if that image is real.

Do we have good reason to think AMD's aren't also compromised?

LOL, AMD beats Intel in everything done in enterprise, the whole fucking cloud is switching to AMD as we speak, in every single workload that is effectively multi-threaded AMD's offerings beat the shit out of Intel, which includes anything except single threaded games and applications, and said applications are obviously no performance bound because if they were they'd be multi-threaded.

Meanwhile with applications that are extremely performance bound, like 3d rendering, compression etc, Intel is losing badly.

Worse, the bottom hasn't even been reached yet, as new Intel exploits keep popping up, which all require performance lowering patches.

Intel is fucking dying unless they pull out some really serious upgrade next year.

I don't dare, is it real?

They probably also are.
All this is shitstorm might be a ploy to balance the two American corporations so that Intel is no longer considered a monopoly.
>tips tin fedora

>The hardware security risk will void out any software security they had planned on.
I don't run Linux because of increased security or "muh privacy" memes, you fucking cock.

What powerful interests are opposed to intel having a monopoly(besides amd)?

>the whole fucking cloud is switching to AMD as we speak
They'll switch back to xeons after a while after they realize how amd is just really shit again. For enterprise it's abu dhabi all over again, and AMD will be stale for a few years after that, and then if they are still around they will release another revolutionary cpu that performs like an old intel cpu from previous generations. It's like clockwork hunny.
>everything is multithreaded
except those single threaded modules, and add ons.
>Worse, the bottom hasn't even been reached yet, as new Intel exploits keep popping up, which all require performance lowering patches.
They'll ride it out, and today software legitimately still works better on intel.
>Intel is fucking dying unless they pull out some really serious upgrade next year
Chances are that intel probably will come out with a better option, and amd will be stuck in zendozer status for a while (that's when I'll buy stocks though, because after a few years of nothingness they will come out with another overhyped abortion that props up stock prices for me)

It is

Attached: social engineering.png (922x752, 755K)

Not kneeling to NSA probably as much as the agency would want.
The CEO stepping down just for fucking his employee looked like warning.

Can't wait for the Russians and Europoors to release a competitive x86_64 CPU.

Kek, this explains the Intel security debacle with one single image.

This is exactly the type of person who would decide it's a good idea to run a webserver inside your CPU which can be remotely exploited thus bypassing ANY security you have on your machine.

>This vulnerability enables full-blown remote code execution in the AMT process of the Management Engine. Moreover, all signs indicate that—unlike CVE-2017-5712 in advisory SA-00086—attackers do not need an AMT administrator account.

blog.ptsecurity.com/2018/07/intel-patches-new-me-vulnerabilities.html

The absolute state of Intel

You can't kneel more to NSA than Intel has done. Their CPU's are literally a full on exploit.

There's no end to the patches released to stop the bleeding.

Linux is a kernel.

>Linux is a kernel.
And I run it. What's your point?

AMD who? Isn't that the console bootlicker.

*kernal

using sandy and haswell with me_cleaner.py NBD. i have no desire to use modern cpus for main system

> Kernel
Americans bastardizing words as always, it's colonel you illiterate fucks

>Linux Colonel
ok i can get jiggy wit dat

You are misrepresenting your machine running GNU/linux as simply "Linux" which is unfair to the developers of the GNU project.
"kernel" is derived from the word "corn". The word happens to be a homophone to the French "colonel".

>You are misrepresenting your machine running GNU/linux as simply "Linux" which is unfair to the developers of the GNU project.
I'm not, I'm talking about the Linux kernel.

*YOU* made this assumption, which means *YOU* are being unfair to the developers of the GNU project.

Kernel is the operacional system, the rest its applications that run on top of it, so the guy is right, he is using linux. There is alternatives to gnu btw.

Attached: 800px-Kernel_Layout.svg.png (800x632, 33K)

Operational*

>not acknowledging the hard work of the systemd devs
Fucking rude.

Attached: 1441768264456.gif (255x200, 634K)

Your kernel was certainly compiled with the GNU Compiler Collection. A kernel is useless by itself, it is simply a program in the system that manages hardware. Without GNU, the kernel cannot operate.
The "rest" is a majority of the operating system, which is GNU.

>no business is going to throw away a working (but now 30% slower)
Bullshit. Time is money and at enterprise levels,30% can easily justify the cost of new equipment.Not to mention the security risks. Imagine the cumulative results a company like Amazon or Digital Ocean would see.It's like losing a third of your infrastructure.

tomshardware.com/news/disable-intel-hyper-threading-security,37690.html

Intel is finished

>Your kernel was certainly compiled with the GNU Compiler Collection
Yes?

>A kernel is useless by itself, it is simply a program in the system that manages hardware.
We were discussing hardware functions, you silly shit.

>Without GNU, the kernel cannot operate.
Of course it can, but that's not the point. We are discussing hardware and managing hardware.

>Without GNU, the kernel cannot operate.
Yes it I can, you imbecile. You can compile it with clang and run non-gnu userland.

>NO possible fucking way any Linux user can reasonably defend using an Intel CPU let alone pay for one when it's obviously backdoored/exploited/compromised
I can. I don't care that much.

Cloud providers can potentially infect or lose all of their customers data, this isn't a minor issue. If some nation-state got their hands on a zero day for this, the results could be absolutely devastating.

There is llvm, musl for libs and another bunch of alternatives
>without GNU, the kernel cannot operate
You probably get the wrong idea about what is a OS

>You are misrepresenting your machine running GNU/linux as simply "Linux" which is unfair to the developers of the GNU project.
Not him, but yes, and I will continue to do so, mostly because it's handy. Your point being?

I like Steve, but that dumb ass just got off Windows XP, for fucks sake. I'm starting to lose faith in his views on security.

He chooses his hardware based in the same criteria as sports fan choose what team to support. I'm a X guy. What a fucking retard.

>secure, faster
bruh, look at this dude
OH NO NO NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>You can compile it with clang and run non-gnu userland.
No, first you need to patch the Linux kernel to even get it to compile with clang/llvm, but the resulting kernel just crashes.

The whole LLVMLinux project is dead, no one is working on it anymore.

You can use an alternate userland though.

... Hows amd any different?

>No, first you need to patch the Linux kernel to even get it to compile with clang/llvm
Not if you plan on compiling for x86_64 or ARM64.

>The whole LLVMLinux project is dead, no one is working on it anymore.
Demonstratively false.

lwn.net/Articles/734071/