Just switched from an iMac to hackintosh, but one thing I can't stand is the constant noise...

Just switched from an iMac to hackintosh, but one thing I can't stand is the constant noise. Will there ever be a PC as quiet as a mac?

Attached: IMG_20171228_135533.jpg (3456x4608, 3.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiDZNT7mxLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>macshit
Found your problem.

No because desktop PCs tend not to use laptop hardware and laptop cooling. On the upside, they don't overheat and throttle like every Apple turd since 2011 does.

Attached: adequate cooling for a xeon with a dgpu according to applel.jpg (1600x1193, 225K)

what are your specs? I'm considering building one. I've never owned a mac though.

You can build a passively cooled PC, you know.

>since 2011

Attached: 1518206583069.png (686x955, 520K)

GTX1050Ti
i7 7700K

Yeah it's last year hardware, but it's quite cheap and Hackintosh compatible. I really regret this build. I should have sticked to my iMac, I really don't need this processing power.

Attached: 1524548241242.png (400x1650, 367K)

I want to, but the cases are super expensive, unless you know something I don't.

>buy case specifically designed for airflow
>WHY IS IT NOISY
Also just use low RPM fans, pic related is a quiet hum until the 290x ruins it all.

Attached: 20180501_150440.jpg (1602x1269, 1.24M)

>it's a mactoddler subhuman thinks he belongs on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1530502770431.jpg (720x405, 23K)

Hey friend, saw your post on 94 other threads, big fan of your work

just turn off the fans and enjoy your throttling for the full mac experience.

Maybe get better fans and control their profile in UEFI?

>Build shit leafblower system
>Turn it into a Hackintosh
>wtf Hackintosh's are SO LOUD!!
Replace the fans you retard, and next time ask in /sqg/

I genuinely am a fan
Keep it up senpai

I had this idea of making a peltierre home cooling/heating unit. The unit would be mounted onto two pipes which channeled incoming water. You could then use the water for showers or cooling your pc. I am too lazy to design it but it would be awesome if one of you guys did it. You guys can steal the idea if you want to.

You're better off on Apple designed hardware. PCs are still years behind Apple in cooling tech.

heh

Peltier only heats or cools a 15 degree Celsius difference. It's expensive buying it and running it. There are fare more efficient methods of heating and cooling.

Throttled by the laws of physics.

>vomitalloverkeyboard.jpeg

that shitty cable managment looks like a toddler did it.

No they are years ahead.

Attached: Hey_bud.png (383x216, 131K)

Nothing I can do about that front panel USB3 connector ruining the entire thing, but I don't keep it in view so I'm not particularly bothered. If I was, I'd buy more right angled SATA cables.

PSU and Graphics Card fans can't really be upgraded. All that's left is the AIO pump and 200 mm fan in the front, I even took out the radiator fan, but it made little difference.

But the iMac Pro actually cools exceptionally well.

>giant CPU heatsink
>SSDs instead of HDD
>Noctua fans w/ custom fan curves

my PC is basically deadsilent

>buys noisy hardware instead of silent hardware and complains about noise compared to iShit

Attached: 1535056716257.png (645x729, 58K)

>doesnt mention the fucking dust

presumably, or htpcs wouldnt exist.

ummmmmm no sweetie

>buy case without airflow
>put axial fan graphics card in it
what is this meme
youtube.com/watch?v=wiDZNT7mxLQ
>Will there ever be a PC as quiet as a mac?
At the same size? Probably not since Apple doesn't even turn the fans on until 80c. Part of the reason they die so fast.

If you had a decent PSU it wouldn't even have its fan spinning 95% of the time.

When your computer runs so hot you can re-solder components using gravity.

But all the good power supplies are like 600W+, isn't that kinda redundant?

Hahahaha

>Quiet as a Mac

dude your just lazy and too fucking poor for zipties

Attached: jjj.png (949x1074, 573K)

the chad mac vs the virgin PC

Try ziptieing a rigid cable, let me know how that goes.

It runs cooler in this than it did in my Air 540, surprisingly. The 200mm intake is doing a great job.

on the upside pc won't thermal throttle while watching makeup tutorials on youtube

Only 94? Work is slow

Get in there and replace the fans with something quiet like Noctua and switch to SSD.

Attached: n-fan.jpg (500x489, 50K)

The only one you have to blame for it being loud is yourself. I have many fans in my computer, and they only become audible if I really thrash the system with heavy tasks.

>special case for passive cooling
Just slap a big ass heat sink on there without a fan. Tada!

Now you're thinking different!

Attached: 1510325839488.png (592x574, 628K)

I thought the purpose of cooling was to prevent throttling in 10 seconds.

Just stack like 10 of them for 150 degree difference. Fuck liquid nitrogen!

>But all the good power supplies are like 600W+, isn't that kinda redundant?

Modern PSUs have fans that spin at different RPM based on load. At say 0-30% load the fan may not run at all, then at 30-40% load it might run at 10% speed etc.

If you buy an overpowered PSU, say 1000W, and use it on hardware that only idles at say 100W, then the PSU will be silent most of the time. And if the total power draw under maximum load is say 300W, then the fans will proably only run at 20-30% of the max RPM of the PSU. Only at 1000W draw would they ramp up to 100%.

But if you bought a 400W PSU, then on idle the fans might run at 40% and on full load they would ramp up to 100%.

The result is that is an overpowered PSU will be more silent than one that matches your intended load.

Attached: 1534801504661.jpg (206x226, 20K)

>Just switched from an iMac to hackintosh
But, but, .. new Mac mini models!
Coming this October!!1
You should have waited for the real Mac.
Just imagine — you could install updates without screwing with bootloaders and kexts.

lrn2cooling
big ass heatsinks
big ass low-rpm fan
non-shit psu
proper cable management

>macshit
Kill yourself subhuman.

>Kill yourself subhuman.
I can`t hear you over the quiet hum of my Mac.
Oh wait, I can.

>>macshit
>Found your problem.

Blames fan noise on the OS. Thinks mac users are dumb.

>macshit
Rev up those jet engines.

Attached: 1521910462408.jpg (617x887, 172K)

Macs are awesome. My ancient 2014 MacBook Air still is the top of the line in its category at Apple.

Every year, I wait for a retina MacBook Air. Every year, I am disappointed. But this year will be different. I can feel it!

>top of the line in its category at Apple.
So right below Acer in the real world.

Right below a rotten old turnip, more like.

Isn't the 'Macbook' a retina Macbook Air?

>macshit
Found your problem.

The MacBook is just stupid garbage.
Why so small?
Why one port?
Boo!