Redpill me on getting into programming as a hobby. Are there any benefits knowing how to programm...

Redpill me on getting into programming as a hobby. Are there any benefits knowing how to programm? I am working right now, can I make extra money with it? Even though I have no certification?

Attached: 36614398_895585277278523_6004147817751248896_n.jpg (557x960, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please die.

youtube.com/watch?v=6XvmhE1J9PY

"programming" is an overhyped thing nowadays, Yes, it's useful, but only for a small subset of things (unless you want to go full time or do a graduate degree for research) and so are a lot of other things.

Yes, you can make money off of it, but it's not guaranteed. If you're thinking about making apps, yes, some app developers make bank, but also the very, very large majority of apps make negligible or zero money. If you're thinking about software/games, just note that you have to learn a lot, it's time consuming, and you have to keep updating it (same with apps, although imo phone apps are a little easier to create).

If you're just looking for a side hustle, google it. There are tons of ways of making money on the side, and learning to program usually isn't the most time efficient way to do it, unless you genuinely enjoy programming and get real pleasure out of it.

Why do you have to be a dick man? I'm just asking is that so wrong :(

Attached: 1530161003387.jpg (422x420, 41K)

I see, thank you for the kind answer. I will definetly try programming out, if I really like it I might even study computer science or something other related.

Some folk answered a similar question on /wdg/
#p67260205
Hope the link works

Fuck. Hurr.
Here is the copy paste
Hope it helps

There are some good free entry-level websites like codecademy or others to get into it in english (you might prefer some sites over others depending on your language).
You can DL or buy some books like "Javascript : the good parts" or other popular references.
You can trust the most popular choices of websites, there's no tricky website for aspirant coders.
Imma give you some advice
Stackoverflow and w3schools are always an excellent source of information.
You can follow an online course to get on the saddle but I highly recommend thinking about a personal project that you'd like to create from the beginning, something to keep you going forward. Otherwise it would be like learning to take guitar courses without the intent to buy one or even play it. JS is the only programming language that is natively interpreted in web browsers so it could be a web dev project.
Keep notes of what you're doing, memos for yourself, cheat sheets and all because it will train your brain and deepen your learning.
Go easy, codecademy for example can go really fast if you're a newbie and you'll end up with a full course without having really memorized anything.
Stackoverflow popular topics is a cool way to discover more information about what is moving fast in the community, and let you feel part of the "family"

It's actually really hard. You're gonna be hit with so many technical information at once and it's gonna be a lot to take in. Programming is by no means simple. If you're even slightly lazy you'll never be a good programmer. It's a lot like learning the piano, it's simple at first but it gets fiercly complicated the more advanced it gets.

I learned Python to automate shit at work that I mindlessly do and waste time on. You can do the same...

Don't do it. Node Based programming is now a meme and it's about to become a casual thing. Only do it for the sheer satisfaction of building some intricate logical machinery. There's ironically some money on Patreon even basic level coding; but If you got the whole wife, kid mortgage thing, I'd put just an egg or two in the basket.

One of the immediate practical benefits in knowing how to program is being able to automate tasks easily and being able to come up with basic software that does something you need, and can't find an already existing good candidate.
Money can definitely be made, but in my opinion, don't bother learning how to program if you're doing it just to get a job. Do it only if you actually enjoy it.

If you have an idea in mind you can use it for, sure. I wouldn't recommend learning anything if you're just learning for the sake of boredom.

Who is that QT insect?

It was a hobby until I made it into a career. I don't really program on my own unless it's about money anymore.

Further to OP
I don't want to learn to program, I just want to learn to make simple scripts for automating operations. What is a good resource to learn that?

Attached: ItDepends.jpg (610x800, 74K)

i want to nakadashi sana

>Redpill me on getting into programming as a hobby
Doing literally anything productive in your free time is better than wasting your time doing nothing, so sure - get into programming as a hobby.

Redpills cause brain damage, which makes programming difficult.

Attached: CopyQ.kn2094.png (1680x1050, 1.17M)

This is me exactly.

Attached: Funny-Chicken-570x712.jpg (570x712, 91K)

>le redpill me on X
If you want to program, do it. You'll learn more about the devices you depend upon. You don't need to become the next GitHub idol or whatever.
Don't do it just so you can say "i can program".
Don't learn anything for the sake of being able to say you can do it unless it's impressive. Programming, painting, singing and simmilar shit is not impressive unless you're born with outworldly talent, which you aren't since you'd start programming at a young age.

And stop posting degenerate pictures you cock sucking piece of shit

As a hobby it is a bit like solving crossword puzzles except from that the results can be f use to others.

Splendid taste, user!

Learn python

programming is a useless hobby, i have never solved a problem with programming that wouldn't have exist had i never learned programming

>Node Based programming
Do you mean Node.js or actors (everything and everyone is a node)?

>not making your own bots for MMOs and selling to gold sites
it's like you WANT to be a wagecuck

Attached: 1527519408999.png (890x670, 88K)

Why do you even need to make money from your hobbies? They're just for your own amusement and satisfaction anyhow.

rude

learn python, if interest is still present, learn c and then learn other shit and then start thinking about trying to earn money