Careers

I was a NEET for the past 7 years but I now have a job at a small restaurant. I don't want to work here for ever and since I don't have much money for school I should go into self learning. I was just wondering should tech myself web dev or basic IT/networking shit and try get a help desk/networking job?

I know I'll need a few certs when it comes to help desk and Networking, but will employers take someone in if they don't have a degree?

Attached: Taylor Dean.png (796x796, 1.07M)

Study.
Build a portfolio.
Take the Comptia tests and pass them.
work for eCom

don't listen to this user. here's what to do:
>learn Javascript
that's all you need to do in 2018 to get your foot in the door

Start by watching Mr. Robot.

Who ist that qt tranny?

Attached: 1332146222882.gif (200x189, 828K)

Filename

Attached: 1520093076398.jpg (254x255, 13K)

doh

Attached: tenor.gif (298x298, 891K)

Was Jow Forums outraged by that television series?

Are you being facetious?

JavaScript. Seriously, this is the language to learn if you want a job nowadays.

because it is yet another brainlet with NCIS-tier hacking scenes series that has brought in retarded normies asking how to become a haxxor

>Being a NEET ever.
You're irredeemable. Kill yourself.

Actually that show (at least first two seasons) has the most accurate hacking scenes by far. When they want to get into the police's systems they simply use an infected pen drive and not some bullshit 1337h4x0r shit. You can see SET and Metasploit there. The tech writers are really top notch.

>I don't have much money for school I should go into self learning.
Good option and continue doing this, but you know there's grants for poorfags right?

no

She has a youtube chanel by the way.

Is going to a 4 year worth it? Or should I just do a two year and then just hop in?

I've already been teaching myself Javascript and a couple other languages

non-programming options? i cant into it, makes me wanna blow my brains out.

Could potentially weasel your way into an entry level IT position if you aren't full retard

help desk or pick a different industry

I'm trying to learn MVC, it's involves Javascript and Ajax and is just in general really difficult for me right now.

yup, is not that l33t unless you are retarded to not see that those were simple

Four year for sure, if you go to a decent school you'll have much better options.

>be making sexy game for adults
>literally know nothing about programming (yet)

anons can you help me out? i have this billboard script that makes objects always face the player camera.
however I need to limit it to only affect the Y axis and ignore Z and X. how do I achieve this?

if you don't help me this big titted dungeon succubus stares you down menacingly as you walk up to her.
we can't have that happen. please send help.

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class CameraFacingBillboard : MonoBehaviour
{
public Camera m_Camera;

void Update()
{
transform.LookAt(transform.position + m_Camera.transform.rotation * Vector3.forward,
m_Camera.transform.rotation * Vector3.up);
}
}

Attached: Untitled1-4.png (1335x823, 729K)

Go to community for a couple of years and get certs through the school. You will receive a grade for the course, as well as the certificate from the education company. This looks nice one your resume. I did this, however I got a D in the class but passed my cert test for networking. I'm a programming major but I had to take a few IT classes. No job is under you user, especially one in your field.

>however I got a D in the class
lewd

You could probably get into help desk without much self-learning if you've ever had any interest in computers. You'll likely learn a lot on the job, and they might even pay for you to get certified if they care about certs.

I think /vg/ has an AGDG (amateur game dev general) that might help you.

switch to UE4 and use blueprints
as a fellow brainlet, trust me.