Just Buy It: Why Nvidia RTX GPUs Are Worth the Money

Just Buy Itâ„¢

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS80L0YvNzkzMzExL29yaWdpbmFsL0dlRm9yY2UtUlRYLTIwODAtVGktd2ViLmpw (1024x576, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tu7pxJXBBn8
youtube.com/watch?v=tu7pxJXBBn8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tomshardware
>by (((Avram Piltch)))

Attached: oy vey the goyim know.png (782x782, 627K)

Jesus fuck, I've hardly ever seen more obvious shillery than this.

I agree.

The Real Cost of Buying Outdated Tech
Let's say you are building a new system or planning a major upgrade and you need to buy a new video card this fall. You could buy the last-generation GTX 1080 Ti for as little as $526, but if you do, you won't be able to take advantage of key RTX features like real-time ray tracing and great 4K gaming performance until your next upgrade.

this is just...

Attached: 1525094938763.png (500x387, 114K)

My current GPU is still good. I'll consider what the options are in about 4 years

well im still rocking a 260x and a 270 and i still dont see a reason to upgrade to anything they are offering
unless amd is sandbagging like they did with ryzen

>tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

>When your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

is... this a threat of some kind? 'buy the fucking card goyim'?

I can't believe Tom's hardware is advertising that 1080 ti deal. There never were any $525 1080tis it was an Amazon scam.

>You could buy the last-generationGTX 1080 Ti for as little as $526, but if you do, you won't be able to take advantage of key RTX features like real-time ray tracing and great 4K gaming performance until your next upgrade.
(Kvetching loudly)

>shillhardware article

Attached: 970.jpg (625x352, 72K)

>retardshardware still exists
what? how is this possible? i though all the kids that lured that shit moved onto linuxcucktips forums or something
no wonder they are so desperate for those shilling shekels. good effort in trying to stay alive, but the article kernel is just too obvious. maybe try a different approach next time?

>>When your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

Attached: 1.825.jpg (500x374, 27K)

That doesn't even make any sense, life literally IS ray traced.

And runs at a higher frame rate.

yes goy.................

>It's a shill article because they're not praising AMD.

The state of AMD shills.

t. tom's hardware

It's a shill article because of the way they stated things. Nice try shintelkike.

>you'll miss out on an early, unimpressive implementation of ray tracing until your next upgrade
Yeah, what a shame. Why would I wait for the tech to develop further? I should just spend $1200 on it right now.

>Tom's Hardware

Attached: 1468625285223.jpg (501x585, 90K)

That's an attempt, but only Todd can Todd.

>our extremely limited preorders have already sold out!
>all dozen of them!
>our artificial scarcity proves that there's no need to lower prices

>Sure you could get the same performance for half the price but you should spend 2X as much because of this thing RTX that we learned about yesterday.

Shillmode power= 9001

Jow Forums was right again

>Ah yes, from the author of that "Why Using an Ad Blocker Is Stealing" over on Tom's Guide a few years back.
Avram posts on Jow Forums?

They said during the crypto-craze that those gpu prices were going to stay. They really think their GPUs are worth the entirety of a rig...

All hail Vega.

Dude, with a g-sync display the frame drops caused by ray tracing won't even matter, it'll still be buttery smooth.

That reads like some product description straight from the manufacturer. They don't even put effort into hiding it anymore.

Jow Forums always cry shill at the faintest mention of something, but this is honestly the most shillery I've ever read in my whole life. It felt no different than if I was reading actual marketing on nvidia's site.
Are they even allowed to post articles like that without mentioning "paid by Nvidia.tm" at the beginning ?

OYYY VEEEEYYYY

Attached: 1524090390111.jpg (1845x1923, 1.25M)

the true meaning of art

>You can sit around twiddling your thumbs and hoping that an RTX 2080 gets cheaper, or you can enter the world of ray-tracing and high-speed, 4K gaming today and never look back. When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

Attached: 1505764669955.jpg (962x1063, 174K)

standard tech journalism

Man, the US senate should pass a law that obligates news websites to disclose if an article is paid promotion or not. I'm from a third world country and we have that already. On any news site published here, when an article is sponsored, at the top of it should appear a line that goes by "article sponsored by X company" or something like that.

This guy is writing like a gamer. "Oh no, if you buy a GTX1080Ti now you'll be stuck with last years tech when ray tracing and deep learning AA start coming out this year!"
>Unless you plan to upgrade your GPU every year, you're going to be stuck with technology that looks much more outdated in 2019 and 2020 than it does in 2018.
>However, when you pay a premium for cutting-edge components, you're also buying time, time to enjoy experiences.
>Life is short. How many months or years do you want to wait to enjoy a new experience?
>When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?
Who the fuck writes this shit?
There's nothing that's going to look life-changingly better on a 20XX series than my GTX1060, certainly not for the next 6~12 months.
Get that Nvidia cock out of your mouth.

Imagine swallowing marketing gimmicks this hard. The washing powder I bought today says it has "NovoZymes(tm)". When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to have been without NovoZymes(tm)?

I'm considering buying one senpai. Currently I use a GTX970 which works for all my usual games, but it's really not good enough for VR. Of course I will wait for benches, but I guess if the price of the 2070 is around a 1080 and the performance is about the same, I will go for the 2070 for better performance with higher resolutions.

What a terrible image

No that would be communism

That is literally the joke

assuming novideo isnt just blowing smoke (or raytracing smoke) up everyone's ass, the reality is that no games will use this for at least 4-5 years, and by then, the RTX 7080 with ray tracer 3.0 will be out and the 2080 will be obsolete.

Terribly true.

> dont buy anything ever.... theres always something better around the corner

More like
>make informed purchases at the time, don't just buy the newest thing that comes out because it is the newest thing

gaymerfagz

>When your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

"You could buy the last-generation GTX 1080 Ti for as little as $526, but if you do, you won't be able to take advantage of key RTX features like real-time ray tracing and great 4K gaming performance until your next upgrade."

You have to buy it or otherwise game makers might adopt an open ray-tracing standard that AMD and Intel support and then we can't do vendor lock-in like with we did with cuda. It would be highly antisemitic if you don't buy it immediately.

youtube.com/watch?v=tu7pxJXBBn8

First it was shitting on Linus for the vacuum video, shitting on Coolermaster for their shit case, shitting on AMD for having retarded mobo numbers, shitting on MSI for shitty coolers, shitting on Intel for the meme cooler and now shitting on Tom's Hardware.

Based Steve, he better shit on AMDored TV next.

youtube.com/watch?v=tu7pxJXBBn8&feature=youtu.be

I love Steve. This commentary is 12/10 amazing comedy.

Your move Nvidia.

Attached: 545249864519645123986451386453.png (518x112, 11K)

The more you buy, the more you save.

this is the editor in chief of tams hawdword?

I doubt this guy has ever even seen a GPU outside of a computer
800% doubt
How does such a fucking tard become the highest paid highest rated editor on a tech REVIEW site?
"just buy it"
Fucking jeb bush
"please just clap it"

Attached: 1426918014346.jpg (722x349, 40K)

>How does such a fucking tard become the highest paid highest rated editor on a tech REVIEW site?
I (((Wonder)))

>Kvetching

Attached: 1535172088191.png (579x478, 150K)

> A SOCKET CHANGE A YEAR KEEPS THE GOYIM IN FEAR

Attached: 1479280047665.jpg (352x351, 45K)

JUST FUCKING BUY IT!

Attached: todd.jpg (680x719, 49K)

he's writing a stupid article deliberately, what an genius

he sounds and looks like Manny's murican cousin, Manny from Black Books. I love it

You know i don't think it was deliberate. He was paid to do it, but there are ways to shill without it being so fucking obvious. This is like the Lawbreakers game shill campaign they did last year. Over the fucking top,retarded and not self aware at all.

This isn't My Immortal on fanfiction.net user. The editor of Tom's Hardware insulted his own employee publicly, to the entire world. You don't do that unless you think the payout for the hit to your reputation is worth it.

This is a paid piece, to promote an Nvidia product that goes against all rational behavior.

>calls out his employee for saying "wait for benchmarks"

yeah thats beyond stupid

Now they are in full damage control mode and are deleting comments calling him a shill.

This is legit amazing.

Attached: DlZkaO2W4AAhC6C.jpg (1200x828, 101K)

>You can sit around twiddling your thumbs and hoping that an RTX 2080 gets cheaper,
Or you can actually play games on GPUs that already exist which don't cost your fucking kidney.