Z170 z270 can run 8c16t 9900k with a pencil

Ryzen7 owners BTFO

you also have to mod the bios which is complicated/time consuming but easy if some one already done it for your model.

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: f16t3413p50647n2_jGhDLkZl.jpg (1015x1024, 362K)

link us, faggot.

It might be possible but it's not officially supported and probably there's some weird issues. Pretty useless...

I have a modded z170 board for ocing my i5 6600. I would love to upgrade to a 9900k. Give links.

no issues.
there is a fix for every thing HAHAHAHA

ryzen might be 200$ cheaper but you waste 200$ on motherboard INTEL WINS

Attached: z170m_test_004.png.772137a68478d3f5ac64135e9919ab39.png (1728x1079, 109K)

A thread died for this shitposting

but but but I brought ryzen because its cheaper. YOU LOOSE

but muh z97

The same was possible going from 1156 to 1155. The socket changes are there to milk you fags, not because they're "needed".

You piece of shit liar faggot. Get out you fuckface.

dumb ass 9900k runs on all motherboards that support 8700k. its going to work dumb ass.

>no issues
>93*c
>no issues

Attached: 1532995584766.gif (412x384, 1.21M)

Z170? riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

there's also a fix for the absurd power draw, incel shill?

I see 44-46C. Maybe you should check your prescription glasses.

>intel cpus runnignj on intel mobos
has science gone too far ?

He wrong it's 94 lmao intel housefire just became 200$ cheaper. Call gecko for fire insurance with those savings.

Still... show me proof of 9th gen running on Z170.

9900k is 95w just like 8700k idiot.

you will literally be able to run a 9900k at 5ghz stable on a z170 you AMD are just sad you wasted your money

8intel cores and 16intel threads is like 50% better than amd.

lewl.

You should just buy a new mobo like a good goy.

it will run just the same as on z370 asrock is putting 8core cpu support stickers on even their shitest coffee lake motherboards.

Proof with a screenshot or never happened. Z170 with a 9th gen chip. If you said 8th gen I would have agree with that. But not this one. Maybe you should go back to wccftech and shitpost there.

>93°C max

Attached: 1476649694484.jpg (261x193, 4K)

When I see it on hwbot I will believe in you. Now get lost fag.

9th and 8th gen is the same you complete idiot motherboard makers are putting 8core support stickers ontop of all their 8th gen motherboards. this pencil trick makes cpu show up as previous gen on z170 and z270 it works 100% and has no performance degradation. and z370 motherboards don't have "improved power" for 8 or 9 series because the processors are still 95w

extream overclockers still use z170/z270 to overclock 8gen because there are better motherboards from that gen.

you guys are just sad that intel bros will save 200-300$ on motherboard and spend that money on CPU meaning going to 8c/16t is actually cheaper for them than you idiots that brought ryzen7 and felt good.

cpu temp has nothing to do with motherboard you idiot.

Take your intel shit with all the security issues and shove it up your ass. Every microcode update they released has a performance degradation. Similar to the degradation of your braincells.

Oh look it's another intlel shill on full damage control mode grasping at straws edition™

Attached: 1515173902283.png (1097x802, 535K)

Haha no but I'm happy to know that my CPU won't burn down my house though

Attached: 1491020486935.png (613x1024, 896K)

ok you spend 800$ on ryzen 7 we will spend 700$ on 9900k and get 40% more performance than you.

have a nice day.

you know amd has been officially supporting newer cpus on older motherboards for forever right?
and we thought it was really jewy of intel to basically force you into buying a new mobo every year?
So you are really just saying "look with this one unsupported mod intel is better than amd"
Do you see why you look silly?

>ok you spend 800$ on ryzen 7
I didn't buy a new motherboard when i bought my 2700x friend

Attached: Untitled.png (889x178, 29K)

Stay mad fag. I have Threadripper 1950X.

not really. heaps of people have a z170 motherboard and you can get one that is optimal at overclocking and better than z270/z370 for 80$ from ebay.

9900k will be more expensive than ryzen7 but not by more than 200$ and it will perform better.

the point is the last generation of intel 14nm can run on 4 year old motherboards making adopting that platform literally 200-300$ cheaper than buying a new ryzen7.

not only will intel get cheaper 8c/16t it will perform vastly better.

AMD is KILL.

sure you might have ryzen 2019/2020/2021 but you wont catch up to 9900k until 2022.

so you have wasted 300$ and you will be forced to buy new motherboard in that time to even catch up.

YOU LOOSE>

nah I'd rather sell my z270 board+kaby lake and buy new mobo+new CPU if I ever want to upgrade. beat risking to fry my old mobo and new cpu for nothing.

but you brought your 1700x motherboard at high launch price and lost money selling your old cpu. your behind you just don't want to admit it. once again AMD fans waste money to get inferior performance have a nice day.

Look at him trying so hard to shill intel. How pathetic.

its not dangerous if you do some thing wrong it just doesn't boot and you can rub out pencil mark. its literally as risky as flashing your bios. if your afraid to do that you shouldn't be buying 400$ cpus.

And I'm running a 771 xeon in a 775 socket on a dumpster pc, nothing is new here

Enjoy your security holes

That's still one fucking hot chip. You sure your motherboard's VRMs can handle such a shitty chip?

>AMD is KILL
Uh huh...sure thing schlomo.

>no issues.
>94°C
the current state of intelaviv

Attached: 1530313656416.jpg (664x440, 486K)

Workarounds for Intel's Jewish tactics have always existed, brainlet OP.

Attached: unknown-5.png (1236x714, 1.61M)

9900k will be soldered to IHS so yes.

Considering the CPU has much more power pins on z370 is probably that a CPU like 8700k under oc stress will die fastly or end up in fire

Attached: efasdk.jpg (703x490, 147K)

>IHS TIM having anything to do with VRMs
What the fuck are you talking about you stupid cunt?

yes but its just nice to rub into AMD that they have wasted 300$ more than intel user for worse performance.

>worse performance

your the dumb ass who thinks CPU temp effects VRMs. intel got lazy with 8700k still used shit thermal paste 9900k will be soldered. your just grabbing at straws to justify your 300-400$ waste of money on AMD compared to intel user ONCE AGAIN for less performance.

>save money on mobo an buy 700$ cpu
>kill mobo and cpu to save money on electricity

clearly he wins this round

And the only thing he wasted was his time trying to defend shitty intel business practices and having vulnerable chips, then not allowing benchmarks published when they nerfed the perfmonance for the n^th time. Then after the shitstorm they did a 180 and accepted the fact that they fucked up seriously.

yer a 8700k already outperforms a ryzen7 2700x a 9900k will absolutely annihilate a 3700x or 4700x or even 5700x and cost literally 300$ less to upgrade to.

AMD once again the spend money to be different and worst meme the ryzen era is over.

I never said CPU temp effects VRMs, retard. You drew that conclusion with a brain dead reply and thinking I'm even the same guy. Sad!

Why is this cuck still here?

its 0 risk. it literally has the same risk of updating a bios which is nun. if you put pencil on wrong it just boots for a second and shuts down rub it off and it works fine. re do it.. it works.

0 risk 100% reward to watch AMD fans cry that they wasted 300$ on 30% less performance.

This is your brain on blue Kool aid.

Attached: DFOcZtJXsAImmwd.jpg (525x525, 78K)

Dumb threadlet thinks a 9900k on a niggerigged system can keep up with PBO

then what you said made 0 sense you are falling back into debating mode and showing you have nothing left to stand on. sell your ryzen while its still considered valuable. ryzen is bulldozer all over again boo hoo.

9900k @5ghz will probably hit 150-170w.
On my 8700k I'm hitting 130w.

Plus good luck on your CPU power pins it will probably melt over current

sure just provide us with the electrical schematic you reviewed that confirms this

My mobo cost me $40 with my Ryzen. Got it in a bundle for $100 off.

Haha this thread is comedy gold and it will go into my cringe compilation.

What the fuck is debating mode lmao, dumb incel thinks IHS effects VRM. Sad!

Wait... Are you Indian? Only Indians sign off that way

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST INTLEL SHILLS TRULY ARE CLINICALLY RETARDED NOT EVEN MEMEING

Intel is a retarded joke of a company, it's over they're finished.

He's not even using the correct "your".

This entire thread is really bad bait.

That intlel shill has genuine stockholm syndrome and is mentally diseased just like his diseased cpu architecture.

>This entire thread is really bad bait.
>implying clinically retarded intlel shills don't actually exist

Man, I'm the guy that last year made the sopa de macaco Intel meme to appear because of my shit posting of zen, but your baits are too weak, or you are genuine idiot

guess you paid more for inferior performance then. hmmmm in the red.

Be more subtle and your trolling will improve. Actually use some punctuation too, it helps.

HAHAHAHA I fuck your hole village AYYYMD cuck

>hole village
>hole
it's time to stop posting rakeesh.

they do, this is probably him

Attached: ugly.png (480x586, 134K)

Why is your goto to pretend to be Indian?

I'm using Intel your moron.
The problem is that your bait is too weak you don't even have arguments or sources. It's just pure shit

Stop pretending to be other people OP

Stop pretending to be other people OP

Stop pretending to not have purchased Ryzen7 SP

Whoops, looks like you forgot to include the geekbench graph showing how powerful our 8700K™ Intel™ processor is mr.ranjeet. I'm afraid I will have to deduct 10 rupees from your payroll this month. I'm fully confident mistakes like this won't happen again in the future.

2019 is 4 months away.

OP is a poorfag who can't buy a proper CPU + mobo.
Enjoy your vulnerabilities mitigation -30% performance while you suck dry the power of your building and everything burns down because of your retardation.

Attached: 4fnb38b.jpg (125x104, 3K)

Why wouldn't 7nm beat 14nm+++++?

Ryzen 3xxx series and the one after will be officially supported on 300 series chipsets. You have to physically modify your CPU/socket and ther is no official support, and you spent $200 more on your CPU. Get fucked.

BUT my motherboard runs amd and is only $130. What the actual fuck is evryo e in this thread talking about?

the mind of an intel user:
>we have to modify older motherboards because of intel being greedy
>therefore we can use older motherboards despite AMD pledging to use AM4 and its corresponding chipsets for at least 4 generations
>therefore AMD is BTFO

the fuck, man?

X400 boards are $130 and they will definitely run zen 2. X300 boards probably will as well. What the fuck is everyone talking about?

So what is the wattage of that 9900k overclocked and how does it compare to AMD.
Want to do the math of how much will I save in electricity bills by running AMD.

Win-raid forum
Don't do this if your motherboard VRM sucks though, because 8700K/9900K draws more power.

Not just a pencil for those 2 pins, you also need to CUT OFF 2 other pins on the motherboard.
The modders tried to use those orange tape to cover up the pads but they just end up piercing through. So it's safer to just cut them off. Of course if you cut off the wrong pins you are screwed.
Also, it's not technically just modding the BIOS per se because while you need to mod the BIOS for some stuff, such as allowing the mobo to see 16 threads, you are mostly downgrading to an older Intel ME version. Of course, they are the ones with the critical vulnerability, so you better run ME_Cleaner in tandem with the downgrade as well, to minimize any vulnerabilities.
The 9900k use the exact same microcode as the 8700K, and in fact also Kaby Lake. The microcode are divided by CPUID, so basically it will work. However, you will still be like 'I need pics', so sod off.
"Atoms doesn't exist i need pics and microscopes are a scam!" --(You)

any how-to guides? I have the Maximus 8 Impact just lying around, it's got some real decent power delivery but I've only ever ran a 6600T on it

don't risk damaging your motherboard unless you actually buy one of those CPUs

it's not my main mobo, it just sits in an HTPC I have that I don't really use anymore. I got it real cheap on a black friday deal a few years ago

ok but you'll never know if your modification was actually successful

>z170 z270 can run 8c16t 9900k with a pencil
I have a z170 with a skylake CPU. I'm so fucking mad I have to get a new MOBO just for a CPU upgrade. How the fuck do I mod it and upgrade for free?

So you mean to say Intel made it incompatible for no good reason, and their idiotic greedy move can be defeated using a pencil and BIOS mod?

switch to AMD

> Ryzen 3700X
> +15% IPC
> 5GHz
> Maybe even 6/8 cores per CCX
If you think Intel's +1% IPC on 14nm+++++++ will beat Zen v2 on 7nm, yu are delusional.