College Laptops

Hey Jow Forums, I need to get a computer for college. I want to get something that's light but can still run the programs I'm going to be using (AutoCAD/ArcGIS). I'd also like to be able to play monster hunter world on it. What do I get?

Attached: charls.jpg (815x530, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16834850467
twitter.com/AnonBabble

XPS 15. You have no excuse to not pay $1750 on a shitposting machine.

pretty much any refurbished business grade laptop less than five years old will do what you need and not cost more than probably two fifty

is the one with the i5 okay? it's only $1000 compared to the i7 one

i5 is easily enough to do pretty much anything except play complex video games.
i7 has the advantage of being REALLY FUCKING FAST and taking longer to become obsolete.

how obsolete is the i5 already? i have an i5 4690k in my desktop and it seems to run fine. I would also like to add that I'm going into college as a junior so i only need this computer for intense work for two years.

you don't need a $1,700 machine for college work. Idk if you just want a nice computer but for whatever reason it annoyed the hell out of me when my colleagues would say they needed a beefy machine for undergrad shit.

No processor that got released this year is obsolete. It's just a matter of how long it will take for software to become too complex for your processor to handle at a proper speed.

wait until 2021/22

Don't buy a laptop to play monster hunter. I guarantee you you'll be playing games when you should be working. It's so much easier to load up a game and grind for a few hours when you're under stress from too much work.

Buying a desktop for that as well would assuredly be too expensive for user...

there is this faggot in my programming class who uses a macbookpro instead of the provided desktops and writes notes on a ipad pro.

he is so confident about it too and its pretty embarrassing.

Good charls

a thinkpad ofc. anything else will just look generic as fuck

thinkpad x1 carbon

Why would you use provided windoze desktops, user?

What are you thoughts on this? Thinking about getting it. m.newegg.com/products/N82E16834850467

The specs are really good for the price, although 8GB might not be enough if you run a lot of programs.

>autocad
>monster hunter world
>light

Nigger you're going to need one of those full retard 17" desktop replacements from Sager for that.

The i5-8300h is literally an i7-7700HQ that runs 300mhz faster.

Matebook D, Ideapad 330s, or Vivobook
Stop playing MHW.