Just landed a hardware programming job

just landed a hardware programming job

start in 4 weeks, what can i expect?

Attached: 1520299736210.png (1000x1000, 119K)

>hardware programming job
what the fuck does that mean? you're programming a computer even if it's in a toaster/car/dildo/whatever

Do you mean embedded programming or hardware descriptive language? Either way, hell.

both

In your limited free time you'll want to spend as much time away from the computer as possible.

Have no idea what this entails. But sounds like working in a coal mine. You'll probably have a supervisor who's motto is "a fair days work for a fair days pay". My advice, don't go insane.

What is the nature of the work? Startup? Board shop? Defense?
It must be small if you're allowed to do both.

>hardware programming
I mean, if that's how you describe working with HDLs, or your employer does, chances are you're in for a rough/boring ride doing inconsequential work.

OP, good luck. I actually work at Intel as a hardware engineer and my advice to you is to find a hobby not related to technology

Dont look at it like a grind man. If you do you'll burn out and end up hating your job. Instead have a positive mindset and look at it like it's a way to grow personally. Like it's a game and your racking up points. Theres a good chance you'll have no idea what you're doing, but it's an opportunity to learn (not a failure). Itll be fun man. Just enjoy the ride and do your best. Doing stress it friend. Unless you're a pajeet. If youre a pajeet get the fuck out of whatever white country youre in and go the fuck back to Bangalore.

it'll be fun, I promise.

Based user who hates rajeets as much as I do. Fucking shithole countries, 99% of their population wants to scam you

Maybe OP is going to be tuning potentiometers and rheostats

OP here, I'm a pajeet but I was born here (as was my dad). My mom's white, does that count?

No, bye

Long hours, low pay and having to send money to your parents back in India every month.

Attached: pajeet_please.jpg (780x863, 109K)

not OP

>start in 4 weeks, what can i expect?
Expect getting paid to copy, an paste.

at eaw in victoria?

enjoy C, not C++, just C.

Attached: new-balance-sneakers.jpg (1125x10000, 795K)

great story, thanks

How is embedded hell?

C++ is shit

Ebin