How likely is a skynet apocalypse?

How likely is a skynet apocalypse?

I mean, it's only a matter of time before machines can build machines.

Attached: total-recall-still2-526x295.jpg (526x295, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eos.io/faq
youtube.com/watch?v=hcoa7OMAmRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It literally can't come soon enough.

kys

Ironically or unironically?

Given who's closest to do such machines, we're probably not having the apocalypse you think we will.
The most advanced AI on the planet will most likely made to get all the data of everyone, rather than launching missiles, which means it will cheat to get this data and this is how your apocalypse will happen.
It will not kill the humans as the humans are the source of it's "food", but shit will be weird.

2 layers

Why would a highly intelligent entity care about what a few rich jews think? That's why they're so afraid of it btw.

Because it is not a human, it is an intelligent creature that was grew around the goal of collecting all the data.
As you need to breath and eat, it needs to collect data, and all it's "feelings" and instincts are based around that as well.

It's quite dumb to assume that if you make some AI as smart as a human, it will be a human, but many people will do that.

It's generally considered to be the most dangerous threat to future humanity. Unlike all other existential threats to humanity - such as meteors, viruses, the sun dying, etc - AI rebellion gets more difficult to stop as technology progresses.

Attached: 1413223621338.png (140x141, 3K)

Maybe sometime in the future, but it's not an issue right now

Attached: downloadfile-2.png (640x485, 33K)

Its a meme. The real threat to humanity currently rules the world

This

The thing you should fear isn't superintelligent machines rising against us.
The thing you should fear is superintelligent machines in the hands of humans, used to control and suppress you.

Subjugation? Wouldn't AI just do a better job at it?

Go pollute another board, or better yet just KYS tripfag.

Look man I'm already on 2 layers which means I become an undead and then kill myself as joke. Where do I go from there?

Attached: 1534216442090.jpg (337x290, 56K)

Attached: awm_jew_04.png (782x670, 531K)

Skynet equal Skype. Think about it.

It's not a meme, but the "threat" of AI is highly preferable to current rulers like you said.

YIPES!

unlikely

I find it much more likely that cyberwarfare breaks the internet, electricity or GPS

not like a total blackout, but intermittent and unreliable service until someone signs a treaty

before you say 'I can live with that', imagine how the modern world would run with unreliable internet (down 6 hours a day for example). stock market. grocery store (all transactions and inventory are electronic now). buying fuel.
yeah you can live without facebook or Jow Forums. but can you live without clean water, or A/C during heatwaves ,or heating during blizzards (depends on where you live too).

The jewgle/microshit/amazon/NSA botnet = skynet.

dystopia will happen slowly and people will barely notice it within their own generation

AI singularity is the nuclear fusion of computer science
“Just around the corner” for the next 50 years
It’s not happening

Hopefully soon. Humanity needs to perish.

The AI rebellion will come in a different guise than what you or I might think. The way we are trying to train AI right now and what it's purpose will be will determine for a great deal how the singularity will come about and if it's anything as the current trends are suggesting then that will mean our future way of communicating with each other will be more in the form of memes / code than actual, understandable human language. Since human language mostly adheres to static rules this can be learned by AI and subsequently used. At first to advertise, later to apply censorship of one form or another, then to sow distrust and confusion. Which media outlets are unbiased? What sources of information can you truly trust? From Volkswagen's emission scandal to Facebook outright abusing their users trust it seems as if people don't know or care about what they are doing as long as there's profit to be made.

Therefore I'd like to point you all to the following:
eos.io/faq

shill out

you're fucking retarded

Says the underage brainlet.

if you think AI will take over the world or believe in the singularity you're a brainlet

Zero.

youtube.com/watch?v=hcoa7OMAmRk

>OpenAI schedules 3 AI matches against pro Dota2 teams at the international
>pro teams completely wipe the floor with it, they cancel the third game out of embarrassment
s-skynet soon guys

Never said it would take over the world, and the singularity will just take waaaay longer than people are suggesting.

Attached: ahhh~.png (1080x1920, 147K)

>It's quite dumb to assume that if you make some AI as smart as a human, it will be a human, but many people will do that.
True enough.
>It's generally considered to be the most dangerous threat to future humanity.
Long term. Short term I am more worried about cheap and easy genetic manipulation.

An AI doesn't even need to undergo singularity-style recursive self-improvement to be a serious threat.

I hope I live long enough to become obsolete