I felt for the arch meme

I felt for the arch meme
'everyone in the community helps, so errors are solved immediately'
This was 5 minutes before my presentation
Fuck, you lied to me Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20180824_093630.jpg (4096x3072, 3.85M)

Why would you listen to anyone who told you to use anything other than Windows?

I bet you didn't read the manual or wiki, and now you blame Arch for it

Looks like your fstab got fucked up.
genfstab -U /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab

And try again, what happened to your presentation btw?

Werks on my machine

>using a meme os for important tasks
Enjoy taking an extra quarter user. I'm sure your parents are proud.

first try this, it can't just boot without this info and the grub installed after having this information right. (/mnt is actually your root partition mount point, if you are on that system then it is /, if not then mount it somewhere like /mnt and do that
then update initrfs or whatever is called on arch, is a basic installation error I guess it has to do with changing a partition information.

Chroot into your arch install. Ready reinstall grub and regenerate your grub.cfg. Easy fix. Stop being baby.

I don't carry extra computers Man, and i couldn't even type on the laptop

>tfw pacman fucked you up again

Attached: average archfag.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

>chroot
>needing another pc
that's not how it works

You are too stupid to use Linux, reinstall Windows.

This wouldn't happen on systemd.

>freecucks
>commies
>community
my sides are broken

arch uses systemd, brainlet chocolate child rapist

fpbp
/thread

not a systemd issue retard

That type of error doesn't just happen - you fucked with something. Maybe even unknowingly, like allowing etc-update to touch fstab without reading it.

This.
Let me make this easy for you. No one is going to bat an eye if your Win7/10 or I-whatever OS blows up, b/c that shit happens. Having your meme-tier Linux OS (of any flavor) blow up is going to have all the normies in the room wondering WhyTF you wandered in with an oddball OS unless the place is somehow FOSS-oriented. This is the main reason I (as a consultant) still use Win10 on my computers that go to client or do other biz-related things. I save the Linux systems for old laptops, systems for the kids to use, etc...

And you should always send important presentations to someone else prior to meetings in case this shit happens.

>falling for the arch loonix meme
get fucked, you deserve

>break partition
>uuid for root partition no longer lines up

wow

1. Find the correct UUID for the drive
2. Edit Grub on the next boot
3. Write in the correct UUID
4. Boot
5. Get fucked, have a jay and kick your feet up

You fucked up your partitions you nigger. You're either some type of special retard or you're doing this for attention. Either way, kys

exactly.

Attached: 1mclsg[1].jpg (732x557, 58K)

>not installing gentoo
>using UUIDs in the fstab

Attached: e621.gif (390x300, 805K)

lmao i just saw u on the arch irc
i was considering arch today for this craptop and manjaro seems to work fine. still hopping around to find my home, i'm still a debian kid at heart.

Why wouldn't he? License fees for Windows are horrendous.

how soon before your presentation did you install the OS?
which OS were you using?
Why would you change OS in the middle of a course that you use that computer for?
Why do you cave to what Jow Forums, of all places, tells you to do without doing your own fucking research?

>not using UUIDs in fstab
Debian netinstall was broken for me because of /dev entries in fstab, it enumerated my zip disquette as sda on a server I was installing it on.
Not using UUIDs is asking for it.
user probably fucked up a kernel upgrade. It should be a matter of chrooting, regenerating fstab and rolling back a kernel.

>fuck up your installation
>blame somebody else

Go back to windows and fuck off with your gay thread.

there is a reason Arch is infamous, you just listened to the retarded archfags instead of the people telling you not to use that crap distro

Pick the recovery entry in grub

there is a reason Arch is infamous, you just listened to the retarded archfags instead of the people telling you not to use that crap distro

so did you ask in the irc? no? ok

arch is not a meme fag

>etc-update
wat

>debian
*installs grub on the install usb*
>heh nothing personal kid

see, for all you niggers itt, arch doesn't just do something - if it does it affects everyone, but shit like op doesn't just happen unless you make it happen

install gentoo

>using arch for anything mission critical
>using arch at all
>using hibernation in 2018

get laid

this is entirely your fault for using the most shittiest, most overhyped distro currently available

good job idiot. you listened to the shills and now you've lost. have fun.

Good thing you installed Arch and not a distro like Antergos as your first Linux operating system.

install Debian testing, it'll outlive your grandchildren and also everything is usually made for it first so you won't lack in software you need.

> Jow Forums loves to hate on arch because le install is hawrd
> Jow Forums loves gentoo
> both have the same install
now that's funny

Attached: 1467989184952.jpg (152x177, 7K)

>Jow Forums is a person

>competent linux users
>black pixels around alt popup showing video driver failed to alpha mix
pottery

This always happened to me, so I gave up and installed Gentoo.

they switched to UUIDs like 6 years ago user

read the thread, moron

im not the one who wiped his laptop 5 minutes before presentation :^)

and you're looking a lot better by giving smart answers without reading what has already been posted

I'm not an arch fag but literally what happened is your device suspending into sleep mode when woken up the drive didn't wake up fully before trying to be booted. Don't sleep your laptop? I honestly believe rebooting would work, if fstab worked prior and the uuid was proper, the only reason it wouldn't boot would be if it wasn't powered on/connected. So yeah a reboot should have fixed this easily. However I don't care and not defending arch because it is a meme, I just want to call you out for being a brainlet.

not even a linux user and I figured this out too. whats your problem OP?

lmao, if you're gonna use loonix at least use a less meme distro like Debian or Mint

>no backup plan

you're the only person you can blame idiot. even when i was in school, I had shit in at least 2-3 places and was prepared to use the classroom computer and presenting from that.

>tfw been using gentoo on my presentation machine for ages
>even used it with i3 with a custom script to support automatic screen hot-add in just the way I wanted
>never had issues
based

You're supposed to understand how your system works if you want to use arch on regular basis. In fact, you should already understand what could lead to this problem and how to investigate it and the fact that you don't and bitch here instead of doing your research tells us that you've just copypasted the entire installation guide like other cool arch kids here do to boast with their shitty screenfetch pics in the nearest desktop thread.

Kys.

I do, daily.

Why the fuck would you use an OS which you didn't set up properly without having a secondary dual boot for emergency cases?

Solution for the future, if it's plausible.
Dual Boot. Have Arch on one side, Ubuntu on the other. Use Arch for all your autistic customization pleasures and h4ckerman activities. Use Ubuntu for shit like school where you need stuff to work (don't customize this section). Share a drive between the two. Once you understand how not to fuck up Arch, then switch to that as your primary OS. With great power comes the ability to nuke your system.

Why would you not use UUIDs? They of course change depending on the fs/partition table, but chances are you will need to change mount points to by-label or by device paths.

s/change mount points to/change mount points **of**/

did you forget to add skip to your fstab? uwu

Broken fstab
Looks like you had a network drive mounting in the fstab and outside your mom's wifi it doesn't exist, stopping boot.

>using win10 to please normies
what level of cuckery is this

I've been using Arch for two years now as a daily driver on my laptop for school, and I've never had an issue that bad. I've probably only had two critical issues and both times the fix was easy. Though I guess I am fortunate to not have those issues appear right before something like a project.

Attached: works_for_me.png (200x193, 30K)

Wait, so you're saying that upgrade removes the previous kernels? Or were you just retarded enough to do that yourself?
t. gentoo user whose 10 past kernels take up 170MB including modules

the uefi version of linux writes to your bios too. try to avoid installing in uefi mode. also cmos clear or wiping the hdd is not enough to remove the bootloaders. had like 4 different boot loaders in bios after switching to different distros.

>device ... a99... not found
>/new_root ... a99 ...
your root volume wasn't found, so either;
- your disk failed or was removed
- you changed the volume uuid and didn't update fstab with it
- your kernel/initramfs doesn't support the bus the disk is on (try fallback initramfs if there's been a hardware change)

this isn't a linux issue, the same thing can happen with windows (ever had a 0x0000007B bsod? similar thing)

>arch is not a meme fag
>btw I use Arch

You're not only too stupid to use Linux, you're also too stupid to configure modern systems regardless of OS. Congratulations, consider suicide.

this is why you install gentoo, dipshit

stop using arch

I keep an emergency OS installed into a pendrive in my keychain all the time. Any OS could pull shit like that any moment.

>I keep an emergency OS installed into a pendrive in my keychain all the time.

Same, everyone should have a gparted disk around anyways.

fix your fstab, goy

He probably tried to update his system. Everyone knows with arch, you just never run pacman.

Both are memes.

>trying to resume from S4 on linux

Hah, look at this moron.

Attached: 1453615451990.png (548x294, 210K)

>t. varg

>using a rolling release bleeding edge distro

Honestly, you asked for it..

Being a fudge packer doesn't count

dumb zoomer

I've gotten this before
Just switch to the backup initramfs

Why did you bump this thread

his working laptop was a gift from his wife's boyfriend

>Looks like your fstab got fucked up
>this is apparently a thing in Arch

So use that command line thingy in the photo to get the software you need. You do know how to use the command line, right? If not, then you shouldn't be using Arch.

Check your drive UUIDs. Also clean the cum dust from your bezel.

This is a thing on any major OS. In Linux you can fix it in fstab. On Windows I forget the registry path but it's basically the same sort of thing, where it remembers letters for devices - I dealt with a situation where it convinced itself that the boot drive was D: somehow, then failed to load a desktop because all paths in the registry started with C:.

Your system obviously can't find the hard drive
fix it's hook
also
>using your own laptop for presentations and not just bringing a USB

Except why the fuck is a anything writing to the fstab file to get it fucked up in the first place?
The way I see it you configure your fstab based on your hard drives/volumes and leave it alone until you're upgrading/changing shit around.

If OP didn't touch the fstab and it got fucked then it isn't even OPs fault - it's arch's
OR maybe OP isn't telling the full story and he did run something beforehand that fucked it up.

just install a free Insiderâ„¢ beta version lmao

what's wrong with that?
are you seriously suggesting it's better to use obsolete unsupported long forgotten by the devs releases?

>Except why the fuck is a anything writing to the fstab file to get it fucked up in the first place?
it isn't

this
he wants to show off his hentai lolis to everybody

In case of op I'd recommend iOS.