Anyone feel like an absolute brainlet when writing software at work?

Sometimes I feel like I don't get the full picture of web engineering. I just put together solutions that work, but that I don't fully understand everything. Today my coworker asked me how something I implemented works and I didn't know, it was just some solution that was recommended online. Sometimes I'll try to explain my software work and I dont explain things well, mostly because of being poor at explaining things and forgetting the details around the work.

Anyone know this feel? I feel like I just suck at software engineering.

Attached: 1513370887621s.jpg (249x218, 4K)

>I feel like I just suck at software engineering.
You do, but you just suck a tiny bit less than the rest of the population so you are good enough to have a job but not do it well.

Stop masturbating

This doesn't work.

Source : me after 6 months nofap I fucked my friends roommates trap ass just to relieve some pent up stress and sexual frustration

Yeah I'm getting by somehow.

hell yeah bro

Uh....

fag

Attached: 1513219882144.jpg (418x480, 52K)

If it's any comfort, I'd say the ratio is 1 to 5 of people-who-know-what-the-fuck-they're-doing-programming versus "I know enough about programming to copy and paste from stack overflow until something works".

All five have the same jobs, and modulo 10-15k, receive the same yearly pay though.

this truth hurts and makes me very sad.

So, how was it?

iToddlers BTFO

If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it and you didn't write software you didn't understand, you just copy and pasted from stackoverflow. Can't wait til MIT comes out with that AI that can write code the same ham fisted way you do. The bubble will pop and all the fake software devs with no talent or skills and little understanding of actual design will be purged.

Attached: 1534980953996.jpg (800x1120, 136K)

You're just a code monkey, it's okay. There's a natural hierachy in the software world. You're just at the bottom.

congrats, you're a code monkey, stop calling yourself an engineer

Do you comment your code? I've a summary at the beginning of a code block/function and when there is something I know I'll forget about or I know I don't wanna look at it again since it is a mess/hack I give extra comments. It's very superficial but I think it is a start

What's your salary?

Does anyone have reverse imposter syndrome? I'm constantly told by coworkers that they have imposter syndrome. Everyone laughs and says "yeah, everyone feels like that." I don't. There might be a "oh, duh" moment for me, but nevermind a "I've been faking it for 8 years"

I guess I had "imposter syndrome" for the first few weeks or so. But once I started seeing the code that my coworkers were producing. Code for older projects that I was assigned to go in and fix. I can't fucking believe it. I have a year or two experience, and every project I work on, I just want to spend hours going through it and fixing it. There is so much bad code. I get it was probably done under a deadline and that maintenance will be pretty rare, but jesus. Improved my confidence at least.

ive never had imposter syndrome cause im not a brainlet

get a better job

No. Also
>web engineering

>TFW Employed by fortune 500 company
>TFW Show up at work at 12:00
>TFW 1 Hour lunch at 13:00
>TFW Redpilled colleagues
>TFW Get to leave at 19:00.
>TFW decent salary in third world country
>TFW got promoted recently

I write about 100 lines of passable C# code on a busy day, I have no idea why doesn't everyone else do this.

bet u suck a lot of cock tho

Where do you live senpai?

>this is what Jow Forums thinks people should brag about
You are mentally ill.

based

>webfags are fags

sorry, doesn't work for fags
works for boys who want to become men