Programmers BTFO

Programmers BTFO.

Attached: 1534968576591.jpg (900x789, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/23jul_superstorm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only true brainlets think we wouldn't restore most of the shit within a decade.

Realistically, I would at least try to pick up a trade or something useful in a society like that.

.... 7 billons persons ...
In case tech apocalypse, easy over 90% people will die in couple months.

>mfw when all the nerds in silicon valley will run out of computers to eat and starve to death

Irony California begins biggest food producer in USA and SV build laws made don’t exist huge builder cities instead of begin a lot small towns.

But ... California need massive energy to water irrigation.

>Imagine being at computers

I'm actually a programmer because I like doing shit, that "I like doing shit" also applies to physical things. I can build furniture for scratch, I had a home vegetable patch with peppers, chile and cherry tomatoes, I can do basic work on cars like changing brakes and oil, I've done home renovations myself, etc. Don't assume all programmers are absolute söyboys who can only work with a keyboard, because many came to programming for the same reason as me. The image best describes "social media managers" or "UX engineers" who are just social sciences garbage spilled into the tech sector.

>I had a home vegetable patch with peppers, chile and cherry tomatoes
Wow we got a real mountain man here. Your cherry tomatoes can be your ace in the hole when shtf.

>not using magnetic-core memory
It's like you want to lose your data

California relies on a lot of modern technology to make so much food with comparatively few people. Same as with farming in the rest of the world.

I recognize that gay blowjobs.

I'd have more stuff but it was a tiny house with a literally 2x4m yard. Now I live in an even smaller apartment without a balcony. These living conditions are really emasculating, I wish I had a big house with space to work on different things but I live in this cramped shitty city and I don't want to move into the suburbs.

Meanwhile I'd get a generator running and create my own fiefdom with crude computers built from DIP transistors.

>no power
>cant be a programmer anymore
>use above normie inteligence to learn what is profitable to do in current situation and then do it
>profit
Do normies really believe smart people need technology to be successfull ?
That pic is such a cope. Haha.

Wow, this guy sure is a cunt, isn't he?

This, kek. They're acting like the fucking downie construction workers will be the new elite. The people who succeed in this scenario are the adaptable, intelligent ones.

This will never happen in our lifetime by the way, so you Jow Forums prepper retards should just give up.

Thankfully I'm an engineer and not a code monkey.

I'd become a wandering musician

>tfw I was taught how to farm, fix things, smith, cook, sew and stich.

I suddenly feel less inept.

Attached: 1wJmeG4.png (240x328, 7K)

>there is a 1:100000000000 chance my skills might become relevant
wow

The addition of the blowjob is kinda weird.

>smart people
>people who screetch autistically about their one favorite programming language, have a shit-tier lifestyle and deify half-assed shit like UNIX and C
It doesn't add up.

Attached: 2012-09-10-524-Before-Times.png (768x554, 757K)

I wish this would really happen. Then maybe life would be enjoyable.

>MUH MONADS

>go back to middle age technology
>"you have a funny disease that it could have been easy to diagnose and cure but since we don't have anything, anymore, just put these bloodsucker on your dikko"
Why all these retard thinks it only applies to computers as in gayming and programming. No more technology available is way more destructive than you think.

Severe, crippling autism doesn't automatically make you smart, user.

Attached: 2012-09-12-525-Ghosts.png (768x807, 872K)

>He doesn't keep a couple Raspberrypi's in a Faraday cage
>He doesn't have a plan to restore running water to his community
Do you niggers even prep?

this, must have been impractical not being able to dea with hernia inguinalis or testicular torsions

People with reasonably high IQ, i.e. the ability to grasp and solve complex problems, will still be the ones in demand and best off.

Not that there are no programmers that are fucking retarded, but they're on average probably still more intelligent than your average street cleaner.

Meanwhile, the sysadmin/help desk/printer guy master race is so used to working with shit that they don't know anything about that they'll run the fucking world.

Actually, humanity not roll down in the middle ages. Diesel / "stupid" cars(pic releated), motors, incandescent lamps, relays, etc. continue to work, only microelectronics will be fucked.
And i agree with OP, fuck code monkeys!

Attached: 2107 14.jpg (1024x768, 164K)

Any disease I could contract that would require a lengthy hospital stay and/or procedure would be too expensive for me to afford anyways. And getting things like cancer is still death sentence today despite our progress. Not that it matters, because 90% of the modern medicine used today revolves around pills or treatments for fat people and complications caused by poor diet and smoking.

God I hope that happens soon.

I think humanity could easily recover from that. This is how I imagine it goes:
There are enough electrical engineers who know how to restore electricity on their own. Construction workers can do the physical work.
After that, restore the technology that has been lost.
>There are still extensive physical books about almost everything, so almost all knowledge is archived and could be looked up if needed
>electrical machines still exist even if they no longer work. Just study their PCB traces to make new ones that work.
>The most expensive part about the internet is arguably laying the cables from one location to another. Those cables still exist, just replace the networking equipment they plug into eventually, or re-purpoose the lines for new technology
Honestly, it would take like 1 or 2 days for electricity to come back
a month for humanity to calm down
a year to get most technology back in very low quantities
10 years to get most technology back in large enough quantities so that everyone can use them

the ability to read instruction manuals doesn't make them smart, user
Although, you could argue it makes them above average

This, is just a matter of bootstrapping, knowledge won't be lost.

The best part: An IT restart. Thanks to the disjointed efforts of re-establishing our infrastructure, the internet would become fractured again and give us a new golden age of abundance of information and discourse.
Also, the death of computers and smartphones would mean a refactored personal IT world. Maybe we'll then get a good desktop Linux distribution.

so modern medieval age starts when?

I giggled

Enjoy dying of consumption.

its ok i know how to speak like grug checkmate luddites

where's the part 3?

It would mostly hurt satellites, your UPS backuped PC, servers and networking joints utilizing optical wouldn't not care. Only equipment without proper power protection and long networked copper wires without protection would be hit.
Rest would be replaced within months to full capacity.

Attached: 1508412958180.png (543x525, 239K)

A really bad solar flare would melt the power cables, user. You're right in that stuff could be restored quite quickly, but it would be too late by then. The sheer quantity of food that needs to be efficiently delivered to cities would be disrupted just long enough (say a few weeks) that there would be no order left to restore. Billions of people would die simply in a fight over the remaining resources.
Compound this that most vehicles would have their electronics fried and be inoperable, and you have a massive disaster. The most valuable thing in the immediate aftermath would be relics of the old world, and weapons. Those prepper guys that have mountains of guns and ammunition would be the leaders of the new world- or at least any group that managed to successfully raid one of these places. Rural farming communities that are heavily armed would see the best chance of survival.

The Amish probably wouldn't even notice though.

more like a half decade to repair.

It doesn't seem to exist. When he still was active and maintaining his page, this guy didn't draw a coherent story but fillers for extremely acid timelines that have little to no relation.
In short: There is no water, user.

would*

>fml as a phoneshitter when on the move

Attached: 1501436807553.jpg (400x400, 36K)

/thread, except the Amish would probably be raided and killed.

you dont die of starvation in a few weeks
especially if you're fat and american

No. The long distance cables would be instantly decoupled by the systems and nothing would melt. Shorter cables really don't care.
>unless you live in some shithole like rural US or Russia, who cares about those shits though

This is really not as bad as you make it seem.

Straya stop posting.

They'd more likely be enslaved to do farm work, to be honest.
But another threat I failed to mention is fire. Fires will break out and they will not be stopped. They'll kill hundreds of thousands of people, and force millions from cities and other populated areas. Being thrown into the suburbs, they will have nothing to do but to rabidly fight for the available shelter and food.

They'd most likely die due to the lack of fresh water.

>A really bad solar flare would melt the power cables, user.
You sure? I think it could melt thin cables at best, like phone chargers. But then again I don't know how much a solar flare actually induces.
The rest is a possibility though, food transport would be an issue

americans dont drink water, they drink soda

good catch
in general, the next natural disaster will wipe out loads of people

>They'd more likely be enslaved to do farm work
>the Amish would probably be raided and killed
By whom?

There was a solar flare in the 1800s that did indeed melt power cables.

the Amish would be enslaved

so how big is chance that will happen in our lifetime? 20%+?

That was back when we didn't even comprehend induction entirely and radio waves were not understand yet.

Nowadays there's automated safety features in most electrical equipment.

>programmers
>smart
Holy kek

science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/23jul_superstorm/

>By extrapolating the frequency of ordinary storms to the extreme, he calculated the odds that a Carrington-class storm would hit Earth in the next ten years.
>The answer: 12%.

Take it with a grain of salt and DYOR.

that's big

I think if something like this happened, the military would be able to maintain order.
Most important computer systems are protected from EMPs. Two-way radio would still work. A lot of military vehicles, weapons, and aircraft would be protected as well.
The main branches of the military and government would be able to maintain communication with each other and plan out the best course of action.
Communities would stay connected with radio, and order would be maintained by the military. Military engineers would be dispatched to repair key pieces of infrastructure, like power plants, radio broadcast towers, etc. Programmers would be able to design and repair important technologies

Why don't they die? Is it not hot enough to kill people?

Maybe I'm a retard, but wouldn't only be roughly half of the world get fucked? Like, the side facing the sun?

Damn. Hope it happens soon.

The chance of the Earth getting hit by a solar storm is minimal.

If that happens somehow, we are all fucked, not just programmers.

All I see is fags that can't run or lift anything acting like it would take them 2 days to do it just fine.

>They'd more likely be enslaved to do farm work, to be honest.
>FTW not a warlord lording over an amish community, watching the teen farmmaid you've enslaved toil the field, while her sister awaits you back home, spreading her legs so she won't have to go hard work.