PIRATES BTFO!

>motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywk9wm/you-could-be-kicked-offline-for-piracy-if-this-music-industry-lawsuit-succeeds
PIRATES BTFO!

Attached: 1535056010231-shutterstock_345639236.jpg (2000x1124, 275K)

> On vacation
> have to use phone
>

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-26-11-00-04.png (720x1280, 124K)

>vice

Attached: 1514454196896.jpg (600x611, 60K)

Nothing is worth pirating anymore from mainstream content you stupid faggot. Just more death spasms from old companies using their lawyers to game the system as usual while they can still pull strings.

what record industry? like boomer shit (guns and roses etc)? i can't think of a single thing i listen to that is tied to a big label. I'm not trying to sound like a hipster either, the reality is thanks to SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and YouTube legitimate non corporate music thrives. Honestly stop listening to boomershit and or get the live version of the song off youtube instead

I see no problem with this. More surveillance means more safety for the masses. If it also helps rightsholders to get their deserved remuneration, that's all the better.

Attached: 1534120589144.jpg (625x626, 19K)

>tfw smarter than 99% of the internet and simply use filehosters.

Nothing but fearmongering for dumb normalfags

You may think it's bait, but I genuinely do believe that piracy is a man-made disaster and should be stopped at all costs. It's literally wrecking the economy.

>At all costs

Elaborate

I mean, not everyone is born smart, so it's normal that a retard would think like that.

Internet whitelisting and a great firewall to prevent piracy. Anybody wanting to go out on the entire Internet needs to pay an extra premium of $200/mo that is split and forwarded to the MPAA, RIAA, etc. to cover the risk of piracy -- but DNS will still only be permitted to the ISP's DNS server.

Do normalfags even download music anymore when they could use spotify or youtube?
It seems like industry is searching for money that doesn't exist.

Damn. Not what I expected but just as looney as what I did expect.

That just sounds like a nice way of saying that you don't want poor people on the internet.

With all poor people off the internet premiums will jump. So extra $200 on top of what will end up being $450 a month to start with is going to be at least $650 a month just to surf.nice plan. Would love to see middle class people do this.

Sounds like the gay storage tax in yuropoor.

That's exactly the idea, yes.

>goes on YouTube
>leaves playlist on auto
>computer plays unlicensed song
>permanently disconnected

Attached: 1533672850808.webm (640x360, 2.54M)

I live in the first world country

>literally
Half of the legally acquired albums, books and DVDs on my shelf can be attributed in some form to copyright infringement leading me to them in the first place, even though I try not to pirate outright myself. Were it not for pirates existing, it is incredibly likely I would have spent less money on the "industry" as a whole.

Piracy is messing with the economy, yes, and there are sectors where it has a clear negative effect - but I would argue it's not a purely negative phenomenon, even if the positives mostly highlight failings in the system, such as only big corporate conglomerates being able to afford sufficient advertising and channels to raise awareness of their works, or the lack of adequate previews and/or trailers for certain types of work.

Fuck taxes.
There's no such thing anymore

UK is not first world country

>only big corporate conglomerates being able to afford sufficient advertising and channels to raise awareness of their works,
This is an upside, not a downside. This way, experienced players can effectively vet new candidates for viability, rather than make people churn out works trying to get make money without realizing that they're making nothing of actual value.
>or the lack of adequate previews and/or trailers for certain types of work.
That's what reviews are for. Publishers routinely provide sample copies to established reviewers, too, ensuring that new works get the exposure they need.

>This is an upside, not a downside. This way, experienced players can effectively vet new candidates for viability
Experienced players also move slowly and are more conservative. They are less willing to take risks and less capable of adjusting to fresh paradigms. This is best visible in the video game market, where small companies and operations co-existed with big publishers for a majority of its existence, but I'd argue it's true for most markets.
>That's what reviews are for.
There are many cases of reviews being manipulated to appease a given publisher. I'm pretty sure that would get more commonplace if they became the only way to adequately showcase a given work.

>Experienced players also move slowly and are more conservative. They are less willing to take risks and less capable of adjusting to fresh paradigms. This is best visible in the video game market, where small companies and operations co-existed with big publishers for a majority of its existence, but I'd argue it's true for most markets.
As a simple example, /b/ and /v/ Steam begging threads are rarely asking for indie titles, but most often for AAA titles. Titles given away are usually indie titles. There's a reason why "indieshit" as a term exists.
A good indie title is the exception rather than the norm.
>There are many cases of reviews being manipulated to appease a given publisher. I'm pretty sure that would get more commonplace if they became the only way to adequately showcase a given work.
That's just the way the money goes. There's no way to fix this without also deviating from the free market.

UK is already cucked by their industry. The storage tax applies to several countries (or yurowide, I’m not sure).

What are you, a yuropoor?

>As a simple example, /b/ and /v/ Steam begging threads are rarely asking for indie titles, but most often for AAA titles.
Taking /b/ and /v/ as an indicator of good taste is probably a bad idea. There can also be other factors, such as AAA titles being on average much more expensive than an indie title, as well as having more advertising to back it and, of course, a higher budget to spend on eye-catching things such as graphics or sound. You could use the same argument with regards to mediocre Hollywood blockbusters being both the most popular and most pirated movies.
>A good indie title is the exception rather than the norm.
I'd argue that's also true for AAA titles, though their bar for "bad" is a bit higher simply because they can throw more money at the problem - or because they have worshippers of a given franchise which used to be good, but became more mediocre with time.
>That's just the way the money goes. There's no way to fix this without also deviating from the free market.
And, as such, reviews are also an inadequate solution in themselves. Another option that exists is word of mouth, but that requires awareness in the first place - and, for works unavailable officially in a given market, that word of mouth is often initially spread by pirates.

>if
America is run by corporations. It's just a matter of time before the lobbyists win again.

KEK

Might makes right. The rich decide. This is how the world should be and I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept.

There was a thread about the "empty disk tax" the other day and all the americunt triggered themselves because muh freedom.
How does it feel to know that your ISP will monitor your traffic and if you allegedly download something unlicensed your connection will be cut off and once again the US is just a corporation puppet?

>inb4 butthurt americorp saying europoor

Because being rich is often made easier, and thus more common, by negative aspects of humanity rather than the positive ones.

Storage levy was abolished in 2015 in the EU

> How does it feel to know that your ISP will monitor your traffic
Other countries already do this. Canada is one of them I think.
> and if you allegedly download something unlicensed your connection will be cut off and once again the US is just a corporation puppet?
There are other ISPs and I doubt most will comply.

>paying literally a couple of euros extra once on a new storage device and none will ever care
vs
>having the fbi knocking down your door because while monitoring you the isp found you download a song plus cutting off you connection
truly a paradise to live in

I think the oposite copyright and IP have slowed down culture advance and killed the free marked

Pirating music is dead.

It made sense in the 90's and 00s when the only way to get music was to buy shitty overpriced cd's for $25 bucks

these days you have access to all of the worlds music for $12 a month..

kys

>limit bandwidth
>cancel contract

yeah, ISPs are that stupid for sure

>all the worlds music
let non-Western/Korean music creators know, i think they didn't get the memo

Disgusting

Sure thing kiddo, I'd love to pay 120€ per year to listen to always the same songs instead of 10€ for a CD/digital album once, truly convenient. Also
>he doesn't use the patched spotify app
lmaoing@you

>threshing machines are a man-made disaster and should be stopped at all costs. It's literally wrecking the economy.

Hyperbole.

>Nothing is worth pirating anymore
this is true

>It's literally wrecking the economy.
you know what's really wrecking the economy? jews

Oy vey goyim please remove these antisemetic posts

Good luck doing this in every country.
Good luck doing this to Tor/Freenet/i2p users.

Consider suicide.

>music industry makes money hand over fist before the internet by fucking over people constantly
>have gargantuan cash reserves because of it since their "service" costs basically nothing
>with the internet, record companies basically provide nothing to the vast majority of musicians and listeners
>record companies and old legacy musician estates throw millions at the internet to basically make it illegal to not be fucked over by them

It's really sad how that goes. They've accumulated so much cash and power in the past that now that they're irrelevant they can still flex influence in a desperate attempt to increase profitability even though they do literally nothing of note anymore except buy out certain artists and racketeer them like human slaves to create an illusion of "making it big" with artificial promotion of music they write for you like you're an actor.

Its like the game industry if pc gaming and trading used games was illegal.

The music "industy" wants people prosecuted, sure. But the (((people))) who run the industry don't want to pay the amount of income tax you need to fund proper enforcement. Been that way since the 90s some things never change.

So what will happen? They delete half of youtube overnight while banning half of the people from the internet?

fake and gay
This only affects cucked amerijews anyway.

>Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

>If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

>Publishers
Pirates themselves do as well. It's not "The Unauthorized Copying Bay", now is it?

>VHS tapes are a man-made disaster and should be stopped at all costs. It's literally wrecking the economy.

What's actually wrecking the economy is a controlled market and straying from the gold standard, allowing for governments to hyperinflate their currency as they see fit

What's actually wrecking the economy is it existing in the first place. Until everything has a price on it, we will suffer.

Everything already has a price in it user

Attached: IMG_20180528_201734.jpg (4032x3024, 1.94M)

desktop isn't any better

Attached: ss (2018-08-26 at 14.27.38).png (1132x349, 42K)

All works should become public domain 10 years after creation or 1 year after distribution ends, whichever is first.

Nah, what's wrecking the economy is the government allowing to redefine copyright as they see fit. So if an IP is about to expire they just lobby the lawmakers to extend it a couple more decades so instead of defending content creators it serves as a rent-seeking scheme.

I don’t even pirate music anymore. YouTube literally has everything on there, and I have unlimited data all the time.

*allowing companies to redefine

>That just sounds like a nice way of saying that you don't want poor people on the internet.
This along with:
>everyone on Jow Forums is from the US

Ok, so how the fuck are you supposed to get a copy of some tv show that has no disc release and it ain't on streaming services either? In such case "Piracy" is your only option. The reason there is no disc release for a lot of shows has to do with legal bullshit, where several companies have ownership/distribution rights of it.

I don't get why companies would go for this they would literally toss their money out with the customers?? Wouldn't internet companies not want to lose tons of people on purpose

>music
that is so 15 years ago

I honestly think this may be a huge ploy to encourage people to use VPNs. Think about it.

Now you get why people are upset about nintendo's recent bullshit.

Why so happy? Enjoying being raped by corporations?

dude, have you even fucking noticed how unfinished and shitty graphics games are?

they fucking deserve it to the core.

i have prolly pirated and seeded shit well over worth of 1 billion euros,

i dont even give a shit, 99% shit is not worth torrenting even.

also go and fuck yourself with apple pen in apple store perhaps? now wouldn't that be a sight to share on twitch.

Attached: 1534357883558.jpg (819x1024, 175K)

>you should just click accept

Fuckin' vice has no ground to pretend to be higher than labels

simple, you don't entitled baby.

You're supposed to create a business, license inferior TV shows to build trust, then license that one.

top kek

name 1 song worth pirating made in the last ten years. go ahead i'll wait

30 year old boomer, please.

wrecking in what? in gdp figures of what? which country?

Seriously though it's all recycled emo/EDM/shitty rock or even worse mumble rap. There's nothing new worth listening to. Tool might have an album coming out this or next year but I'm not really looking forward to since they'll probably pander to this new wave of soiboys and entitled princesses.

and it's different from 10 years ago...how? because there is more visibility in genres you don't like?

fucking /mu/tant faggots.

No because nobody makes music just for the sake of making it. It's turned artists into corporate whores willing to give up creativity just to make more cash.

>it's turned artists into corporate whores willing to give up creativity just to make more cash.

jesus fucking christ kid. welcome to the real world? this is the way it is almost everywhere except in rare cases. go browse soundcloud or whatever if it wrangles your butthole so much.

That might actually be a good thing since it would actually encourage development on a fully decentralized internet, assuming decentralized networks aren't made illegal because of "fighting terrorism".

spbp

IFFYS GOT A STIFFY UH

Enjoy your shitty bitrates lel

This. I hardly torrent anymore, it's shit for privacy.

anyone who uses the word literally deserves to be shot, and that's before considering your argument.

>Wahhhhhh sharing is bad, culture should be locked down and paid for!
Copyright is an artificial construct that harms the free spread of culture and ideas.

I highly doubt that, Maynard has never cared about what the fans think.
>>nobody makes music just for the sake of making it
It sounds like you're just looking in the wrong places.

Attached: 1534125593624.png (680x274, 171K)

Please die.

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Stop being a freak, be normal like everyone else. You are a threat to us who are normal. Normal people consume, they don't need to have ideas. Especially not ideas that are a threat to the current people in power.

Attached: DJNoABm.jpg (500x500, 62K)

how would this affect countries like Estonia where internet access is (by law) a basic human right like food, water and shelter?

It won’t.