Philips Wake-Up Light alarm

What do you think about the Philips Wake-Up Light alarm? I wanted to buy one but it's really pricy (150$ for the decent model, pic related), is it worth the money?
And you, what alarm clock do you use?

Attached: philips-wake-up-light-colored-sunrise-simulation-3.jpg (1200x1200, 98K)

I got one this winter. It's great if you live in scandinavia where it is dark from 16 to 09 in the morning. Go for it

botnet

>what alarm clock do you use

My phone. Why would I waste money on a unitasker

i have a lumie bodyclock starter light alarm which is cheaper and i'm pretty happy with it desu

I bought 2 $5 alarm clocks set 5min apart and place them in different location in my room so I physically have to get out of bed to defuse them. Its the only way I wake up at 4am to get my life together

I've had one of these (old design) for a few years now. They make me wake up feeling better and more energized. I used to get blinded for a few seconds whenever I first turned on my lights, which is why I got the thing.

This thing is absolutely retarded. As if our eyes don't get exposed to enough LED light as it is, Philips had to go and invent yet something else that can bombard us...

have the one in the pic for almost 3 years. Best purchase I've made. Such a nice feeling to wake up with the feeling you have when you sleep without an alarm. Instead getting scared awak by an annoying buzzing sound.

Does it have a light bulb or some leds inside? I can't find any info on that

Pretty sure it's a led

I bought one last year. Its really comfy to just put on when it gets dark early in winter because it's a warm and comfy colour and it's pretty bright. I don't like using it as an alarm though because it starts to gradually increase in brightness half an hour before the set time and I always wake up after 5 minutes. If you can afford it without a problem go for it.

It doesn't connect to the Internet

Pseudoscience. You should get off 4chin to get away from all the computer “““radiation””” as well.

Is the Philips one that much better, or are Chinese rip-offs good enough?

Attached: tired coffee.png (657x527, 48K)

It has a big Led
Don't know about the Chinese ones, I'd imagine the only differences would be build quality and packaging.

>getting scared awake by alarm clock
what a fucking faggit

Just put a light bulb on a timer how hard can it be?

>entrusting a basic biological function to unauditable proprietary firmware
gnigger plz. Just use your phone like everybody else if you want to get raped by the botnet every morning.

arduino + rtc + relay/fet

I have it, its nice

>what alarm clock do you use?

I use two. First, I have an alarm clock app on my phone with the alarm itself being an air raid siren that sounds pleasant to the ear. The app lets it start out barely audible and get louder and louder as time goes by, which allows me to wake up peacefully. If for some reason my phone isn't working, I have a regular alarm clock set to go off 5 minutes later that's so obnoxiously annoying I'd have to be dead to not wake up.
I got really fucking sick of being suddenly shocked awake by the normal alarm clock. Having an alarm that's actually pleasant to hear and will get louder gradually instead of RIGHTFUCKINGNOW is such a massive quality of life improvement that there's no reason you shouldn't be doing the same.

I have one. I have to wake for work at 0500 every morning. This thing has been a life saver. Sure the price is for cucks but i wake up so much easier that honestly its worth it

I had one. That exact model. I didn't like that the snooze function was activated by knocking it. It's also shit at simulating sunrise - I woke up pretty much as soon as the bulb turned on. I don't know how easy it is to change the bulb, but Philips specifically tell you not to use it as a normal lamp. You can get identical results for half the price by buying some Philips smartbulbs and setting up a schedule.

In the end I bought it, I hope this is worth it. Thanks for the replies

>turn on the lamp
>this makes the Radio audio die because of how bad the PCB is designed
garbage, instantly returned it.

just buy smart lights from IKEA + the hub and have it turn on the lights at a certain time