Performance Per Liter

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ppl-performance-per-liter-do-you-sff.7229/

ignoring the fact the winning benchmarks are from retards that didn't even run it in a case in the air there are no rules for size of holes in case and the top guys seems like he added up the volume of his PSU/HD/GPU/HSF and claimed that as his result and the fact they are using a retarded benchmark and not a kewl gaming one (no one does high end productivity on ITX pc) ..

but what would be the best way to win this?

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/customod-mini-3-24l-009.2810/
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom_mod-mini.1407/
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.167.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=568887146869&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.49.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=524390185071&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail
item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.1.30934d9bT1dpnQ&id=564940642229&scm=1007.12144.81309.42296_42296&pvid=b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571&utparam={"x_hestia_source":"42296","x_object_type":"item","x_mt":0,"x_src":"42296","x_pos":1,"x_pvid":"b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571","x_object_id":564940642229}&utparam={"x_hestia_source":"42296","x_object_type":"item","x_mt":0,"x_src":"42296","x_pos":1,"x_pvid":"b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571","x_object_id":564940642229}
youtube.com/watch?v=9l9IHPIOJk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No case?, put PC on plastic bag and use water displacement method to find volume.

the best way to win is not to play

number 3 is prob the most legit but its still not running in a closed case.

Attached: 2T0JKbS.jpg (4032x3024, 1.41M)

I hope they'll sell one of those tophats with usb 3 cutouts and some 3.5" mounts

Im going to wait until chinks goes to a sff phase and start copying those niche sff cases sold by wh*toids that sell bunch of metals with screws more than a fucking cpu

Third worst leddit meme after windows and gaymen leds.

does any one know how long you need your PCI extension cable for one of these cases? says 17cm the cheap cables on ebay say 15cm cable but 19cm total leanth. cant tell if its long enough. also I noticed Ghost S1 benchmarked cables.. are they literally retarded or would this make a difference.

like they benchmarked cables then picked the most expensive one made it longer than it needs to be and printed there logo on it :/ and it looks really thin.

Don't buy cheap cables on ebay. PCI cables are very sensitive and poorly made ones can catch fire or kill any hardware connected to them.
Shielding is very important for these cables, PCI is a very high speed bus and any interference can cause blue screens or other failures. So cheap poorly shielded cables can cause issues.
If you are going to do a SFF build get the best cables you can afford. 3M makes the best cables.

but do cheap cables actually cause less FPS I cant see how that's possible.

also would using one that doesn't use motherboard power but a external molex be safer? that way if the cable fucks up if that model is on its own PSU rail only your GPU is at risk not your CPU/mobo/ram/nvme

I'm not sure if they can cause less FPS, but they can cause blue screens and crashes.
Don't cheap out on a riser cable, like a PSU, it is a component that can fuck up other components if it fails. Even if it doesn't damage other hardware, it could cause annoying crashes.
Probably. If you don't get the expensive 3M one, make sure you read all the reviews available to you, some cables fail significantly more often than others.

Anyone know the case for this?
It's a 3570k and 1060sc.

Attached: qXXxeEv.jpg (3000x2000, 447K)

that is going to get toasty, i hope your house insurance is up to date

also the only way

custom i guess

I'm really digging that battlestation.

CustomMOD Mini 3.24L
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/customod-mini-3-24l-009.2810/

that's not the issue, the issue is cheap cables can be thinner which cause more heat buildup which will melt shit and set your pc on fire

Damn that thing is small, I wish it were just a bit bigger so it could fit some actual storage in it, I don't want to drop $2k on m.2 SSDs.

that's bullshit you realize only a small part of the cable uses 12v which wouldn't melt any thing and the rest of the cable isn't even sending 1v just data.

your just some idiot that brought a 100$ cable. im getting a 1-3$ one have a nice life.

post images for us, that shit forum wont load content with ublock/umatrix on (even if i allow other URLs in umatrix, and im not turning off ublock for that).

Here's a few more
smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom_mod-mini.1407/

yer if I just spend 300usd on a ghost S1 full kit I would kill myself.

but seriously when you get that small you cant overclock the CPU or GPU so at that point your basically building a laptop.

8L is the ideal size can still have fullsized GPU and internal PSU and hit the max clocks on air on 2700x or 9900k

performance per L imo is around the 8L mark because its the size of PS4pro and XboxoneX and imo Microsoft and sony would have already done the math on that

>Performance Per Liter
Yes this will come in handy if I ever want to smuggle a gayman PC in my anus.

>not using seperate NAS for storage

Attached: donotorder.png (1150x576, 38K)

Loli 2s on taobao

Attached: TB2YXpGlHuWBuNjSszgXXb8jVXa_!!1927790796.png (771x756, 1.02M)

post images, their content server is probably running ads or something and is blocked

>40mm PSU fan
WWWWIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

kek

theres a 600W PSU by Enhance that stays silent all the way up to 450W or so. good luck finding it though.

This thing is perfect for traveling, I'm not putting my games on a NAS and dragging that around with me as well.
If it were like two inches larger in any direction you could fit two 3.5" drives in it and it would be great.

whats the cheapest cable I can get... the super cheap ones screw holes are not in the standard places of case and I don't want to spend 50$ on a cable.

Samsung is making high capacity affordable 2.5" SSDs available in the near future

how much do people pay for that shit

also post a fucking picture, nigger, im not going to enable their fucking ad servers just to see picture

this shit makes me want to buy a mini version for my next gpu but them im reminded they will be as loud as laptops and not overclock at all and throttle all the time.

if GPU ran better this way they would make them that small to save money the mini cards don't have like "superior coolers"

just wait for amd 7nm gpu Q1 next year, and the Ghost S1 is probably the best if you want to avoid throttling and heat as you can mount a 2 slot radiator with the little expansion piece and the whole side for the gpu is perforated to allow it to breath really well

Attached: ghost_s1_all.png (2560x1440, 1.63M)

why would I want a ghost S1 if you saying waiat for 7nm amd I assume your talking about better cooled mini cards?

you do realize that smaller nm doesn't make some thing cooler you dumb ass.

>you do realize...
you have to go back
>smaller nm doesn't make some thing cooler you dumb ass
go back to school

Attached: wrongidiot.jpg (600x600, 28K)

You can use mineral oil

is SFF popular now because the modern western man has gotten weaker due to low testerone and can't lift ATX sized computers?

it doesn't Radeon cards all have midrange performance and are like 300w their NM shrink isn't going to fix that nvidia have to send massive volts and clocks into their cards to keep up and that's why they are so noisy its a architecture problem not a die size one.

any way my point is that making a SFF case that has a external GPU and uses low power components that you would have to underclock to make not throttle defeats the purpose of it at that point you should just buy a laptop and it will have better performance per volume.

the point is to make a case as small and powerful as possible or to simply make a case that's effectively got a optimal/sufficient running CPU and a GPU dock. so you don't have to buy one for your laptop and can just get a video in adaptor.

most of what the people are building or into in the SFF community seems retarded like making some thing so small and underpowered that you should just buy a NUC that has like 1050 level performance. or so big and stupid like the SLI one the Australian made (SLI obviously fucks up performance to volume because you need a mATX mobo)

I feel the most optimal case would be multi GPU but still ITX and only when volken and dx12 start supporting multigpu with out sli and with different brands (which they will soon) at that point a fast gpu in the 16x slot and a optimal for 4x smaller gpu in the M.2 slot via a 4x pci adaptor would prob be optimal.

trying to work out what volume would actually be the best performance I image it would be a fullsized 1080ti volt modded and overclocked to its thermal limit and a 8700k or what ever and then smallest PSU possible to maybe make room for watercooling for the CPU or some unconventional long CPU cooler like using thous 3rd party GPU ones on it..

its prob from people not using disk drives or HDD drives in their main rig and realizing the CPU cooler is the heaviest thing yet no games use CPU. also prob just mac/console shit.

try carrying an atx case while you bike, you retard

also prob generations of people not upgrading CPU lots of people on the SFF use CPUs from like 2012/2013 you can tell they thought about buying a new one and then realized it will make no difference so they brought a second hand ITX board instead and a new GPU its not for portability its just a showing off thing

>he doesnt carry his full ATX tower with three triple fan rads to LANs
do you even lift, manlet?

Nah man those small cards are pretty silent, I had a GTX 970 mini and it was great. They just dont boost as high as the bigger ones.

I've got a dan A4 with a noctua cooler and my typical temps when gaming are 56c for the CPU and around 60-70 for the GPU.

Which to me isn't too bad.

this, chinese quality made fractal cases possible

>t. expensive cable seller

they dont have to be expensive, just not fucking cheap shit, you fucking retard

they already have look on Taobao there is cheap ghost S1 clone already before the ghost has even shipped … it is shit thou the reviews say it cuts peoples hands but if you just want to build some thing and leave it in the corner its prob ok. including shipping its prob only half price thou so its prob not that good.

item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.167.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=568887146869&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

they sell one the same dimentions made out of bitcoin mining gear stuff I got that and im just going to make my own side panels so its not shit quality.

item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.49.6ef75505C0ZTvo&id=524390185071&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Something like this, all my personal computers are practically SSD only. NAS is where my deep storage is.

item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.1.30934d9bT1dpnQ&id=564940642229&scm=1007.12144.81309.42296_42296&pvid=b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571&utparam={"x_hestia_source":"42296","x_object_type":"item","x_mt":0,"x_src":"42296","x_pos":1,"x_pvid":"b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571","x_object_id":564940642229}&utparam={"x_hestia_source":"42296","x_object_type":"item","x_mt":0,"x_src":"42296","x_pos":1,"x_pvid":"b99fb218-5e94-4947-9d6d-0a64f8c4e571","x_object_id":564940642229}

this is for the larger ghost S1 clone that comes with tophat dimentions but isn't modular. if you scroll down and click on the orange 32 you can see heaps of photos of the build quality. its ok in some areas but shit on the very top panel. getting it in black would almost be 100% required to not show up the worksmanship flaws but he does say in comments that he will anodize it any color you want and that might be for free as well as cut any design you want into side or front etc.

idknow I was going to get but went for the cheaper bitcoin mining gear one instead because I don't want a dark color and fine making my own side panels if you got the ghost S1 clone in black or asked for a custom dark anodized color it might be ok. just would fuck up your hands if you carried it around alot maybe if you message the guy and offer him another 20euro/amerifat dollars he will sand the rough edges for you before he anodizes it..

yer gaming was different in the 2000s and even the early 2010s with arma2/dayz and shit you had to overclock every thing to make it playable.

the only people that need a fullsized CPU cooler now are WoW players and even then only wow "raiders" that car about dps and stuff. that game is still brutal in even a 20man raid. 1999 teir engine.

>the only people that need a fullsized CPU cooler now are WoW players
fuck off i dont want to run my CPU like a toaster

then undervolt it and make it run in some low power state your games will get the same fps.

maybe if i didnt care about frequency. stop posting and fuck off you retard

what game do you play where frequency effects fps?

>cpu speed doesnt impact performance
please leave

Attached: 1458143544313.gif (331x197, 1.87M)

your just pissed you recently brought a 200$ fullsized case. and people have cases 5/6x as small as yours with more power in them.

What case is this?

Brown you're the one carrying a computer in a bike, who's the actual retard here

filename

i havent bought a case in over 4 years, stop deflecting you fucking pathetic faggot

>fucking pathetic faggot
g o t t e m
o
t
te
m

youtube.com/watch?v=9l9IHPIOJk0
OH MAN I CAN SCARCELY TELL THAT I'M USING A SMALL FORM FACTOR BUILD HAHAHAHA.
SO AESTHETIC

>clueless faggot that doesnt know what he's talking about
back to /v/ with you

haha nice 1 dude

go ahead, post a real review then and show us you're not a clueless retard. i'll wait...

Attached: gottem.png (685x404, 42K)

my bad

Any good non taobao links? I'm ok with aliexpress/gearbest but taobao scares the shit out of me

>cable uses 12v
>He thinks it's the voltage that determines the temperature rise in a conductor.

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

same company just use chrome and translate shit. only complicated part is 1-2days after you place order it goes to internaltion shipping warehous and you have to pay 10-20$ again.

idiot who brought 400$ ghost S1 and thinks its valuable because it has 100$ cable that creators paid 1$ for because they buy in bulk.

Any guide for taobao ordering? /csg/ has no guide for it

you realize you can buy cable that has molex at GPU end so no power goes over the cable at all? just data.

thinking of buying that one because I plan to run GPU on separate powersupply any way because buying 2x 500w server rack psu cheaper than 1x700/800w

its not hard just click buy create account etc. filling out address is hard but my chrome eventually picked it up and translated pop up window after afue tries.

trust me very easy I order optimal keyboard from it in early 2017 for 30$ 10$ shipping and now I buy optimal case/kit from it for 50$ 15$ shipping.

its easy only complicated part is paying shipping a day or 2 after order (if you wait 20days and it sit in international warehouse for longer than 20days you start getting fee)

Are you from Lincolnshire UK? You talk like a retard.

are you from internet dream land and scroll thru massive drop and kickstarter reddit meme daily and over spend on your minimum wage job but feel superior. your just pissed I posted a 90$ ghost clone before the 300-400$ one already comes out. cry more.

shut the fuck up retard

lol upset backers suddenly find out case is already 1/4th of price from china 8day delivery any anodized color you want before their overpriced crap even ships to them.

I can barely parse your shitty english

Holy shit buddy take a fucking english class and learn how to speak your native language.

but seriously back on topic what volume you think optimal for performance?

you can build 5L ITX pc but it have same specs as 5L laptop.

what is optimal space for heat treatment/cooling to get max performance in smallest size?

You're not smart.

you prob wasted 400$ on big case and big psu and then wasted 600$ on ryzen build. I will run my 9900k on a z170 that costs 30$ and I already have via bios and pencil trick. I will have a cheaper faster 8c/16t than you and my computer will be smaller and cooler.

have a nice life you misused your 1k.

also DXR (raytracing) is a open standard and AMD/intel already have chips coming out for it. in 1year time your 1080ti will not boot games just like in 2009 700$ cards from1-2 year prior did not boot 9c sm3.0 games like black ops.

you have wasted 2k. have a nice day. you prob also use a cherry keyboard that has 30ms of lag mine cost 30$ and has 0.2ms of lag.

you also prob brought a expensive 1ms monitor with out knowing they changed the test to make it appear faster and its really 10+ms with 13ms of lag at crosshair and 15ms lag at bottom of screen but branded 1ms.

my 20$ crt does 120hz and is 0ms.

you wasted 2500$

you also prob spent 500$ on bookshelf speakers. if your not spending over 6000$or under 60$ for audio gear you are wasting money if you spend 200$ on second hand speakers from the 90s/2000s you could have got speakers worth 2000$ today while your 500$ bookshelf will be worth 200$ in 3 years.

you wasted 3000$.

the list goes on. you are shit at tech you come here to cry and try and correct your mistakes you can not fix Mr suboptimal.

>Intel cpu
You mean 8c/8t

>crt
Have fun with your fuzzy ass vga, faglord. That garbage is only good for gaming and being a faggot. Real work gets don't on 10 bit 4k and 5/8k lcd panels.

NAS for home use.
External HDD through eSATA or thunderbolt for travel.

what a fucking stupid way of taking money out of your wallet, inventing some new irrelevant measurement to cook your parts as quickly as possible

They stated that these modifications is something they will sell in the future.

Attached: 25994552_1736387189765093_790793844576155190_n.jpg (960x960, 54K)

whats the fucking point. none of these SFF builds are going to be transported around. Its literally just autists solving problems that they forcibly create, its an idiotic form of engineering.

If I spot one of these I'll just stick a napkin in the one intake vent and watch it meltdown

>its the lag autist from /mkg/
you should get a tripcode, you sperg

> I'll just stick a napkin in the one intake vent and watch it meltdown
Society shaped your mindset user, even though i hate your guts i still feel for you.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 5K)

those colors are lit

Yes, sadly no "arctic white" colour as it was stated that the particles in the paint were too big or something, probably flaked off the glass blasted alu surface. They've made many changes so who knows what the final deal is.
Also: They need to update that fucking website , just hire a low skilled minion to fix it.

Ncase m1 is the smallest I'd go.
All you need is smarter PSU positioning and your case is already much better than common layouts.