Back in my day, *crack* a 64 GiB SSD was large enough for a main OS drive *sips*

>back in my day, *crack* a 64 GiB SSD was large enough for a main OS drive *sips*

Attached: 1530978999353.png (380x349, 70K)

If you were actually a boomer you would know real mean used 10k rpm WD raptors. those started at 36GB sizes.

fucking zoomer child

It still is, just not very comfortable at it. Besides the whole "main OS drive" is a meme for poorfags either way. There is no other excuse not having all of your files on much faster storage.

>tfw I aspired to have WD raptors running in raid 0 back in the day

i use my 128GiB SSD for maybe 10 years now or something. It just works.
Had to buy a bigger one for my desktop, because yocto.

it still is, any good os is about 2-5 gigs

You were retarded then, because you didn't even know what RAID stood for.

my linux rootfs, which contains a vm disk image of windows 7 + solidworks is 35G
what OS is too big for 64G?

At what age does one become a boomer? I'm 18 and someone on here said I'm in the boomer generation.

these posts are funny enough by themselves, but the fact that someone actually took the time to write this out and post it is hyserically funny to me
shine on you crazy diamond

Everyone is saying Boomer and zoomer just to trigger people. There really is no thought into who is called a Boomer. It's litterally autism.

If you play vidya and dont play fortnite and modern """"""""""""""""""""""esport"""""""""""""""""""""
games you are a boomer

People with taste are boomers then?

no because some of them like Quake 2

tfw every day I go to work I start my day off with a kitkat bar and monster energy ultra

I'm a 28 year old boomer

Attached: feel fat.jpg (633x758, 58K)

Suspended with rubber bands, am I right?

Attached: 1535059122733.gif (133x121, 112K)

So non cookie cutter games make you a boomer?
Lmao I bet these zoomers will end up buying a lmao Prius oh wait who I am I kidding more like leasing a Prius LMFAOOOO

COULD YOU SAY THAT AGAIN?

SORRY MY HEARING WAS DAMAGED IN A TRAGIC 10k RAID ACCIDENT

Red Bull and any Ferrero brand chocolate for me. I like your style. Also 28.

Attached: 1535057551248.gif (256x192, 1.48M)

The reason the joke works is because Jow Forums's userbase has aged to where a large chunk fits into the boomer meme.

>it works

by selling more monster. its not amusing at all

I remember ever PC gamer magazine having a build guide with multiple tiers and the "ultimate" tier always included WD raptors in raid. I nearly bought a raptor back in 2003, but I was held back from reviews saying they died faster than maxtor drives.

lol

If you are young enough to have had a smartphone either in high school or middle school you are a zoomer.

i started working the same job i have now since i was 21. i'm also 28 now, but i stopped the shit you're doing about 4 years ago. try stopping and working out more, you'll feel much better.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 595K)

BACK IN MY DAY, i had a siemens a50 in middle school and sms-ed with thicc hotties from class at night.

>64GB SSD

actually i bought 3 of these back in 2008. 64gb came in at the time where it was usefull enough for an main OS and the cost came down to AU $128... i had one for win7 , one for linux on my desktop and another for linux on my laptop

They are great i still use them in a lot of my computers and servers one even got put into a powerbook g4 .... but still though modern micro SD just blow my mind

t. 512gb debian macbook air

Attached: microsd.jpg (600x600, 66K)

Why use anything but MacOS on an Apple laptop?
Do you really just like the hardware?

i still have my vertex 4 128GB from 2012, among many other ssds. none of them died. those mongoloids that think ssds are a meme better fucking slit their useless wrists.

you've obviously never used osx. it's fucking retarded. either that, or you're a masochist.

never true. Windows 7 its self took up 30GB of disk space.

It werks better than linux

back in my day I had a 20gb hdd and I thought I had enough space to last me a lifetime

Dead meme is dead

>There is no other excuse not having all of your files on much faster storage
Reliability > Speed

16GB are still enough.

Attached: 44€ windows tablet.png (595x513, 31K)

>Intel Atom
nah

Back in my day, a 320 KB 5.25" floppy was all you needed for your boot drive.

Floppy drives were luxury items BACK In MY DAY.

nice

Yes. Programs on audio cassettes. That wonderful screeching noise it made as it loaded programs in.

Definitely still is, distros take up nothing and even my Windows 10 install is 20GB, including installed programs.

>not having 40+ GB on Windows 7
WinSxS is an abomination.

Anons, please eat something more healthy. You will feel mentally and physically better. You might even get a gf.

>crack
>sip
Fuck off with this fucktarded forced meme

My 7 install was something retarded like 58GB for some reason.

2.5-4g ma nigga

Not too long ago my main OS drive was a 16GiB SSD. I still use it, it's the OS drive in my HTPC/home server now

>wanting a non-redundant RAID array means you don't know what RAID stands for
You're as dumb as you're claiming he is.

Boomers are late 80s and early 90s
Millenials are late 90s
Everyone born after 2000 is Gen-Z aka Zoomer
The overwhelming majority of people on this website are Millenials, and the same goes for everywhere.

Christ I feel old. (b.1983)

Which was a great shooter.

>Boomers are late 80s and early 90s
>Millenials are late 90s
This is such a bad meme, why the fuck are they called boomers? Gen-X has a ton of funny shit you could put with it. Gen-XTR3M3, Gen-XXY, Gen-Xcelsior

Boomers were born like 30 years before the 80s.

none of that is catchy or funny and one is just offensive
pls go

>back in my day, a 64 GiB SSD was large enough for a main OS drive
...and it still is. What does this tell you of your *oomer status?

Because calling people boomers is a fuckin cracker isn't it?

tfw stupid kids parrot generation shit without knowing what it means and it becomes a meme

calling shit random words that don't really have anything to do with it is what memes are all about
"trolling"
just think about it
night night

This is a twitch chat tier meme.

Jesus christ, do retards here forgot what generation boomer actually referred to?

You can still get away with 64GB for Windows 10. Honestly you could partition it and only need 40GB really.

if you play fortnite you are a zoomer
if you don't then you are a boomer
easy

I've actually got a 36 gig 1st gen raptor, and a 150gb, and a 300gb. I fucking loved those drives and finally broke down went SSD 2 years ago. But yes, I bought a 36gb one back when they were hot shit, and yes they are fucking LOUD.

But it was an awesome sound, and if missing the sound of my raptors churning through data makes me a boomer, well boom me up.

My Windows 10 folder is 21GB and 6GB of that is old drivers

>It still is, just not very comfortable at it

The fuck? Stop using Windows.

>Besides the whole "main OS drive" is a meme for poorfags either way. There is no other excuse not having all of your files on much faster storage.
Regardless of how much money anyone has you still get more storage per dollar with HDDs than SSDs.

Western digital black drives are dogshit but the blue ones are surprisingly reliable.

It still is, for office only. Though I would get a 120 GB at least.

-real- boomers are the Baby Boom generation in America that were born from 1945-1965. When all the soldiers returned from fighting WWII, there was a lot sexy time, and a lot of babies and families being started. This was the "baby boom".

based visitor from breitbart

I have a 64GB main drive. I'm using it right now, actually.

same, i'm running two OS's from it, in fact
and it's only half full

I fucking hate zoomers. I was probably butt fucking his mom when he was in his dads nut sack.

But when 64gb was enough for the main OS the cost of a 64GB SSD is about $400

1987 here im a boomer?

I used a 32GB one, once.

boomers are getting younger every day.

It's tough to tell. Maybe. Do you own your own riding lawn mower? That almost makes you a shoe-in to join the club.

Attached: happiness_is.png (515x339, 366K)

You only need 20-25GiB for your root partition. So, yes, a 64GiB SSD should be plenty. Then you can have 30GiB for storage after you use 8GiB for swap and

wrong, millenials are like 80s and 90s +- a few years depending on who you ask

I did. Two Raptor 150s to be precise.

They died, of course.

Genuine question, why is Monster part of this meme? Most boomers I know don't drink it.

the only boomer i know who's old enough to still have a facebook account (31 i think) drinks red bull

Because it's just a stupid meme that was forced here for weeks until it actually became identified with boomers.

Its EASY you fucking BOOMER SPASTICS:
20th century = BOOMER
21St century = ZOOMER

I identify as a bummer

A 12 year old child born in '99 is not a boomer.

15-20 gb
>windows XD

> 1999
> 12 year old
You've forgotten how to count or are you just retarded?

I still have a 10k rom drive at 1 TB.

Did they stop making those? Shits loud asf

Fk man so now im a 19 yr old boomer.

desu imo

am i boomer if i still use a CRT monitor in 2018?

Probably

Do you also have floppy disks laying around?

not actual disks but i do have a floppy disk drive laying on my other table that i dont use

Which is why you get HDDs for mass storage and an SSD only for the OS and performance sensitive data.

Problem is if you're running Windows, as most people are, you'll run into trouble every time there's an upgrade, since they require about 10GB free to install.

Linux works pretty well on Apple devices. I had 0 troubles getting Linux working on my 2011 Macbook Air (except Intel integrated wi-fi driver) but tons of problems on my 2017 Lenovo Thinkpad P51.

I started drinking it because of the meme and now more and more people in my office (early to late twenties) are drinking it. Meme magic, fanuchio.

jews