Are you self employed?

I just lost my job and was considering on starting a small company to support myself, I think theres some demand for webdeving and the like. Has anyone attempted it? How did it go? Where di you promote yourself?

Attached: 1534731218195.gif (550x400, 1.5M)

Freelancing can be a bitch, you spend a lot of time looking for customers in the beginning and then you have to make them pay you on time and have balls enough to not get abused for free work.
If you feel up for that give it a try, once you have some (good) customers it can be great, though.

I make iOS apps, i earn ~$300k/yr

Just print some flyers and setup a website. I used wageslave for a big tech company but I couldn't take it anymore and started working on my own. Its not as good money but the time I get for myself definitely makes up for it.

Nah, working for big tech is easier, making $350k writing java

I'm self unemployed.

Freelancing is the worst thing ever, if you must do it make sure you have local clients and not some faggot on the other side of the world that will be calling you every night

I agree. Stick with locally-grown faggots, OP!

I make 450K with JS

I'm mean sorta. I get scholarships money to pay for school by fixing and repairing iPhones, delete viruses, stuff like that. It pays my gym and cellphone bill.

free range faggots are better for you

Attached: 1525199706.png (597x413, 329K)

I work at Wendy's and have an 8" cock

I'm a neet and I have a 4" cock

what do you do, OP?

he sucks dick for money

Don't we all, user, don't we all.

I know I do, at atleast 20 anons on this board that do

How did you lose the job, OP?

Attached: 1534483222005.png (500x566, 28K)

Good luck. I've been freelance for 4 years and I make about 65k/yr after taxes on average. It's good enough for the low cost of living area I moved to, but not great compared to the alternatives. I only went this path because I flat out had to homeschool my kids because our ghetto public school became a war zone and I could not afford to move or pay for private. Protips:
>treat good clients like gold
>fire bad clients without remorse
>never take a contract without specs, time table, and budget in writing
>have a lawyer to call, retain if you can afford it
>accountants are worth it, esp if you are in a state like California
>get others to promote you
>pretend your dick is 15' long over the phone when selling yourself, confidence makes sales
Get started on the cheap shit websites of you have to, you know which I'm talking about. Have a nice portfolio to show off. Make a habit of getting quotes and comments from satisfied customers. Go from there. It's nothing like making a good salary at a fortune 500, but on the bright side you can work 3-4hr a day, 3-4 days a week and have lots of time for family or fun.

How did you get started? Where do you find contracts to bid on (if I'm even using the right terminology)?

God I wish that were me

Wrote my own HTML page (I am a webmaster). $750k/yr + stock options

>2018
>not using social media for money

Ask yourself whether you're cut out for owning your own business. I discovered very quickly that it's not for everyone, and that I'd rather have a flexible job with an employer who isn't a dick.

Give it a go, but be prepared to put in a lot of work at the start. Things won't magically happen, and you have to pay out of your own pocket to have a team to fall back onto.

Does OP have good technical/professional/academic skill-sets that cross over well for self-employment?

What crosses over well into self-employment?

Being on your own needs a good network, or good networking capabilities. In corp all you had to do is the work given to you by people who networked.

Do you have friends and professionals who know you?

I'm officially a freelancer but almost all of my work is from one overseas client on long retainers, so I basically think of myself as their employee. It's kind of a middle ground between FTE and normal freelancing; I have more stability than I did when client-hopping but also still have freedom to control my schedule etc for the most part. It doesn't pay as well though, and obviously you don't have the benefits and legal protections you would as an employee.

Living the dream