My i7 3770k is now 6 years old and I still feel no real reason to upgrade it

My i7 3770k is now 6 years old and I still feel no real reason to upgrade it.

And with a 1080 ti I don't see the RTX 2080 ti being enough of a jump to justify the cost.

What would you upgrade?

Attached: aida65.png (1009x783, 116K)

>i7
>intel
>feel no need to upgrade

user are you oblivious to what's going on right now? Intel CPUs are full of SECURITY HOLES right NOW. THERE ARE NO FIXES FOR THESE.

You need to upgrade or you are at risk for viruses and malware that will fuck your shit up. Intel still has NO RESPONSE to these security exploits so you NEED TO BUY AMD RIGHT NOW.

>My i7 3770k
>And with a 1080 ti

Why do fucktards like you buy computers?

not opie, what's the last i7 that still secure?

None of them are secure. The bugs affect every CPU Intel has created that uses hyperthreading (see: every i7). Hyperthreading is inherently insecure and will never be patched to be secure. Intel has moved on from even trying and no longer make CPUs with HT.

>3770k master race

I don't plan on upgrading for a while either.

Attached: speccy.png (525x509, 102K)

4770k + 1080ti checking in

most of the worst of the cpu flaws you need access to hardware, and most of the shit they would do you need targeted attacks, this effects data centers and hosts far more then a consumer.

Honestly, I would upgrade the cpu to an amd one, if not now then at the 7nm because that will be a significant step forward.

They still offer hyper-threading. You just have to pay more for it now

>if not now then at the 7nm

Unless you are a penny pinching jew 7nm is going to barely affect the average PC user. You aren't going to save a magical huge amount of money on electricity. Your overclocking, if you do that,isn't going to magically be incredibly better.

Don't fall for the FUD and just buy a good CPU now.

tMy old motherboard died due to shorts, so I upgraded it.

Since you only have 8 GB RAM to go with that 1080 Ti, I'm going to assume this is a gaming rig. Some games can use more than 8GB RAM, so they might run better if you had more. You'll have to check for yourself whether this applies to any of your games.
Also, ask about stuff like this.

what's amd equivalent?

threadripper 2950x is a good one to upgrade to. Don't bother with the lower core count ones. They are basically 2950x's that were duds and had their extra cores turned off.

what about the equivalent of 3770k

threadripper 2950x

holy shit the gap in price is so high

The biggest upgrade you can get is going to be an m.2 drive, imo. I didn't realize how much better than were than an SSD until I got my wife one. So whatever you choose to do!

>Amdfag

Don't listen that faggot, go for the 2700x or the 2600x, threadripper is on another level

Did you also get your wife's son one too?

No, but her boyfriend asked for one. Should be able to get it in the next week or two.

Still rocking along with this baby:

Phenom II x4 955
32GB DDR3
Geforce 740 GT
Samsung EVO 860
DVD Burner
Asus Xonar DGX
Windows 7 Ultimate

Does fine for me. so I'll keep her for a long time

Go fuck yourself

>Windows 7

I bet you make posts complaining about intel having security exploits.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

I own a 4770k and I haven't fallen for the overt AMD shilling yet.

>you NEED TO BUY AMD RIGHT NOW.
Shoo shoo AyyyMD shill

Just buy it you fucking nigger. You fucking anti-Semitic bitch. Go fuck yourself

Damn. I have a 6700k and no money for an AMD

I've a 3770k and no money for AMD desu. Also not op.

Don't listen to this shill wait for a real upgrade like Zen 2

what I thought

Speccy sucks, it's @ 3.8 Ghz.

Why upgrade when it justwerks

Attached: Speccy64_2018-08-27_01-01-46.png (720x504, 25K)

I think the OP is talking from a purely performance point of view and not concerning themselves with the security implications.

While I don't know about the 3770k, I do know that the 4770k can max out the 1080ti, especially at 1440p and higher. At 4k, performance is no different from an 8700k. So the video card is still the bottleneck at anything above 1080p and in some games it bottlenecks at 1080p.

4820k + 1080ti master race here. (Ryzen 7 in the mail and will get here by Friday)

Attached: Capture.jpg (592x413, 45K)